• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-08-08]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-08-08]


    Daily Questions [2021-08-08]

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Season of the Splicer Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Make an auto rifle with explosive payload.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/ZombieMobSIaya
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie please add the "Shields" icon to EVERY lost sector so we know what burns we need

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Some have it and some don't. Every one needs it so you don't get half way through and have to start over because now there are arc shields that weren't in the first 2 rooms

    submitted by /u/vivereFerrari
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary Ghost Shells and Legendary Sparrows serve no purpose

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Other than to dilute the Eververse loot pool

    submitted by /u/D1betavetIII
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, reissue austringer, that is all

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    It's officially one of the best feeling 140 handcannon

    Wonderful aesthetics

    Even more beautiful with the ornament

    Just reissue it

    Thank you for the attention

    submitted by /u/ehiehiehiredditehi
    [link] [comments]

    As much as I believe that Destiny 2 is the better game, I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss the Destiny 1 days.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    Activision aside, the Destiny 1 Years 2 and 3 days are quite possibly some of the happiest days of my life. Highschool days was simple and having a bug group of friends that played the game as well meant I could do all sorts of high-end endgame activities after school. Now with D2, even though it's the better game, I have to focus on college and the amount of friends that I had that played D2 is so low. Sometimes I wish I could time travel.

    submitted by /u/ivecomeforbob
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie is too focus on getting people grinding than having a fun experience.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:12 AM PDT

    (gonna get hate so)

    I'm gonna ask everyone (more so the veterans) a simple question, why do you play Destiny? Is it the gun play, Is it the grind for a god roll, Is it the journey, Is it the lore, Or is it the tight knit community?

    Now I'm gonna ask you another question but for D2.

    Is farming Bounties, farming levels, or over used content(something like override)?

    I fell in love with the destiny series because of the community and how fun the gameplay was but in D2, I basically lost all of the enjoyment I had to the point that I don't play for months at a time or don't collect gear that I never gonna care about.

    But yet, I look up videos each week about updates and just hope that one day I can just have fun with the game like I did with the one before it.

    Note: When I say too grindy, I'm not talking about god rolls, I'm talking about the grind Bungie put there to keep us playing.

    Edit: Been replying to (almost) everyone and the ones I did I still read it but made this edit to say this:

    When I talk about bounties, I'm mainly talking about for artifact levels now do I do it, no but at the same time ranking it up normally will take waaay too long. Just to also clear up: 1. I'm a D1 vet with a Grinding addiction but if the content isn't worth it then I won't do it. 2. I'm season rank 197. 3. I played D1 ever since it came out and took a month break from the game during the taken king drought and in D2 I played it up till the first week of shadowkeep and took a break until the day before this season, played nothing but D2 for 8 weeks straight and now playing something else until next season. 4. I can't just quit Destiny, it help me out of a rough time in my life and I want to see the game improve. 5. I made this post to get people to talk about their experience.

    That should cover up the same questions I been replying to.

    Edit 2: Been here for 6 hours reading every reply, replying to a majority and upvoting alot but I will need to cut back on reading but if you want, keep posting since I like hear others experiences, it's fun and is mainly why I made this post.

    Thank you everyone that has been replying and hope to see you out there on the field after I take my well needed break from D2.

    submitted by /u/Tekosike
    [link] [comments]

    My 4 year old accidentally deleted my warlock from the character selection page. Please tell me there’s a way to get it back.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/turns31
    [link] [comments]

    How can someone kill the Heir Apparent shield in PvP

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    That thing is annoying af in competitive specially in overtime 1v1s

    submitted by /u/Sqyratic
    [link] [comments]

    I know Jötunn is the funny meme gun but why hasn't Le Monarque received even an ornament?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    Le Monarque is awesome. It has a lovely base design but it's just been neglected in favor or Jötunn getting all the love.

    Jötunn already has an ornament, a sparrow and even an actual TOASTER...all before Le Monarque has gotten a single ornament.

    submitted by /u/HoHoey
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple copies of the high energy fire do not stack fyi

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Seen dozens of players join groups for master VOG and have multiple copies of this mod equipped, So I just wanted to put it out there that multiple copies do not stack, you just need 1 equipped and it's a flat buff when charged with light, and doesn't stack with most other buffs (It's also highly overrated for difficult group endgame content imo, as it wastes charges of light rapidly that could be used for protective light and other more useful charges with light mods). Obviously when utilized PROPERLY, it can be a helpful mod to optimize dps against champions and bosses, I'm not trying to knock the mod, just spread some info.

    Edit: just want to clarify for anyone reading confusing comments, yes HEF does stack w breech and clear, but it does not stack w well and/or bubble simultaneously with breech and clear. So if you have empowered or weapons of light, then your HEF is not active.

    submitted by /u/Ech0es0fmadness
    [link] [comments]

    Kevin said they're still looking at top and bottom tree tether, but the changes won't be out for season 15.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/_Tocom_/status/1423719996648136706?s=19

    I really, really hope they give me a reason to use top or bottom tree tether again. I've been on spectral for a while now.

    Edit: here's the tweet again, someone said it's broken:

    https://twitter.com/\_Tocom\_/status/1423719996648136706?s=19

    Edit 2: I finally got this tweet to work with Reddit's formatting, it's Kevin's twitter handle, it screwed up the URL

    Edit 3: wow, a lot of people were interested in this. If you like invisibility, there's a gun that gives you invisibility for getting a kill! Come over to r/squeaksqueak to learn more

    Edit 4: One change I would like to see for top tree tether specifically is letting the smoke mark enemies, rather than just the (nearly non-functioning) tether. That would make the "scout" power fantasy of top tree tether feel so much more complete, because you could lay a trap for a pursuing enemy that charges forward too recklessly and let the hunter become the hunted, or you could throw a "tracking smoke" on someone as they leave an engagement. You could call out to your team "Chaos marked!", like tracking down a particularly powerful prey. It wouldn't be as powerful as actual truesight because you'd have to intentionally place it where you want a tracker to attach and you don't get to see where their head is, rather than being given full vision of every enemy guardian, the way they're facing, whether they're sniping, etc.

    Another change I'd like to see is the invisibility touched. The invisibility of top tree is so short that you cannot get off a flank against skilled players, there isn't enough time for you to disappear from radar when they've heard you go invisible. Against lower level players, I don't think a longer or more radar-invisible invisibility would change the fact that they're going to be surprised by an invisibility they likely didn't notice in the first place, and that's not oppressive in the current meta. Maybe make invisibility last longer while an enemy is marked? That would fit the theme of stalking marked prey.

    I have no idea how they should touch bottom tree. Any bottom tree mains or former mains want to chime in with what they think would work well? I know the above changes would make me consider top tree again in end game PvP, what would make you consider bottom tree that fits with the class fantasy?

    submitted by /u/bjj_starter
    [link] [comments]

    Give me one good reason why consumables have a 16 second cooldown

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    Really, why? If have a cooldown for you not to use 2 in a row (which I doubt would happen a lot because we already have to hold the button to activate it) why not be like 3 seconds?

    Most of the times I end up not activating eveything I want to before the activity starts

    submitted by /u/wishgg
    [link] [comments]

    Optimized Bounties For 2021/8/7

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Deer trivia: Nara, Japan is place I've mentioned previously, where over a thousand deer wander freely, mingle with tourists, and bow their heads to ask for crackers. Because tourism has tanked during the pandemic, researchers found that many of the park's deer have reverted back to their biological instincts, naturally altering their feeding times, locations, and behaviors to be more in line with wild deer.


    Step 1 - Nara is yours! None shall interfere - do as you please!

    Step 2 - Pick up the following bounties. Remember, you can use the Destiny 2 Companion app!

    Tower Bounties:

    • Zavala – Fast and True – 25 Bow Kills in Strikes
    • Zavala – Show Them The Light – 5 Super Kills in Strikes
    • Shaxx – By the Code – Kill 10 Enemies in the Crucible
    • Shaxx – Standard Fare – 5 Kinetic Weapon Kills in the Crucible
    • Shaxx – Feedback Loop – Create 3 Orbs of Power in the Crucible
    • Shaxx – Cast Early, Cast Often – Cast 7 Supers in Mayhem
    • Banshee – Bow, Pulse Rifle, Linear Fusion Rifle, Void Weapon Calibrations

    Planetaries:

    • Shaw Han – Crowd Control – Kill 50 Enemies in the Cosmodrome
    • Shaw Han – Out With a Bang – 5 Grenade Kills in the Cosmodrome
    • Shaw Han – Bring Your Toolbox – 10 Ability Kills in the Cosmodrome
    • Devrim Kay – Deadeye – 10 Precision Kills in the EDZ
    • Devrim Kay – Front Line Defense – Kill 30 Cabal in the EDZ
    • Devrim Kay – Touch the Void – 30 Void Kills in the EDZ

    Step 3 - Follow These Steps:

    1. Fly to the Cosmodrome, grab Shaw's bounties, then run any Cosmodrome Strike. Use a Bow, Pulse Rifle, and Linear Fusion Rifle, at least one of which is Void. (15 minutes)
    2. Play one match of Mayhem, and if needed, one other Crucible match of your choice. (10-20 minutes)
    3. Fly to the EDZ, grab Devrim's bounties, then clear any Cabal Lost Sector with a Void Precision Weapon. (5 minutes)

    Total Bounties Cleared: 16 Dailies

    Total Time: 30-40 minutes

    Bounties Per Minute: .45

    Rewards:

    • 96,000 XP (unmodified)
    • 10 Vanguard Tokens, 2/8 Vanguard Weekly Challenge
    • 4/8 Crucible Weekly Challenge
    • 4 Enhancement Cores
    • 8 Mod Components
    • 15 Spinmetal
    • 15 Dusklight Shards

    Season Ranks Per Hour: 1.64

    submitted by /u/DeerTrivia
    [link] [comments]

    I've spent this week in Iron banner as a Well-Lock with Lumina and Boots of the assembler.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    If there was a stat clock for buffs and healing I'd be top of the charts.

    My backup was a Plug one Adept and it's fun to use.

    My K/D is the lowest in the team but the Opposing team was lower.

    Running as a healer has been a pretty fun load out as I can just sit in a rift that doesn't disappear, and my allies stay close to stay alive and get buffed.

    It's funny to see a guy get his Thorn cannon buffed and watch him cap 2 guardians back to back.

    People used their shut down supers only on me thinking ima pop a Well and become immortal.

    This next season will be cancer for everyone not with a healer.

    Edit: spelling.

    submitted by /u/ValienteChaparro
    [link] [comments]

    Lord shaxx

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    "Cayde's gone…..and he won't be the las-THE CRUCIBLE BECKONS GUARDIAN, WILL YOU ANSWER!!!!"

    i love him

    submitted by /u/JillieBoeLegstrong
    [link] [comments]

    More endgame activities for solo players

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    Title, we could really use an endgame activity for solo players. Yes of course it's an online game, but we reach a point where there are no rewarding activities at all for solo players. Personally at this point I don't have a single reason to log in unless I have 2 friends playing at the same time. There's nothing worth doing.

    Also, I know you can solo dungeons and such, but the only rewards are like 5 triumph score. I'm talking about something closer to lost sectors but actually rewarding.

    submitted by /u/Etlash
    [link] [comments]

    Tractor Cannon-only gamemode on enclosed maps, but the tractor cannons do 1 damage

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    Plez

    submitted by /u/Atlusn
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie: Completing all the challenges/triumphs for Fatebreaker but not having it because Vex/loot will not drop is one of the worst feelings in the game.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    For the love of god please listen to this feedback. It does not foster feelings of excitement when it drops. It fosters feelings of frustrating, it makes me feel resentment towards friends and clanmates who get it with less lootable clears than me. Title requirements that are outside of player control are the most frustrating aspect of end game PvE.

    Please give us a non RNG way to get specific loot or remove loot from the title requirements.

    submitted by /u/grimpraetorian
    [link] [comments]

    I finally soloed the pit of heresy flawlessly!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    I may have attempted this 10-15 times within 6 months and just given up because of the annihilater totem room. Everything else but that room was doable for me but today I attempted it and died once in that room and got a strategy down while doing it, eventually I beat that encounter and reset the dungeon to try and go flawless. I had to 3 phase the boss but I did it! God that took so much weight off my chest! Now I got a really cool emblem to rock! Honestly probably my favorite dungeon!

    submitted by /u/Bradrulesbro
    [link] [comments]

    Bring Heroic Story Missions back please

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    I wanna experience the story missions again without having to go through a whole campaign to do so, I just miss that, it doesn't even have to be a powerful drop I just want them back :(

    Throw the seasonal story missions in there too actually so we can re-experience them.

    submitted by /u/Auvenguard
    [link] [comments]

    I mashed Savathûn's Song with the Lavendar Town theme!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    Trying for movie of the week again, if you could let me know what I could improve on, it would be greatly appreciated :)

    My video

    submitted by /u/lukedblu
    [link] [comments]

    Glassway GM boss room help

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    What are your strats for the boss room? My team can easily get to that part but seems like things fall apart there. We are using 3 Stasis Warlock (turrets) Eye of Another World, 3 Overload Fatebringer Timelost, blinding GL/ Barrier Eternal Blazon and 3 Anarchy w/Breach & Clear

    submitted by /u/V4Desmo
    [link] [comments]

    I just solo flawlessed Prophecy!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    I've had the goal of achieving this milestone for a while and I'd spent some time practicing, doing a solo run, and spending a bunch of time practicing on the boss CP. Today I finally got the solo flawless clear! It was easily the hardest thing I've ever done in game and by the time I got the Kell Echo to 1/3 health my mouth was dry and I was shaking, but in the end he finally dropped dead and the emblem was mine. If anyone wants I can post the loadouts and strats in a seperate post. I'm just so happy I finally did it and I don't think I'll ever take off that emblem.

    Edit: For those asking for strats/loadout/mods I will make a seperate post later detailing all that and link it to this post.

    submitted by /u/StipetheSnipe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment