• Breaking News

    Monday, November 18, 2019

    Destiny Daily Questions [2019-11-17]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2019-11-17]


    Daily Questions [2019-11-17]

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:00 AM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    [D2] Daily Reset Thread [2019-11-17]

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:04 AM PST

    Daily Vanguard Modifiers

    Affect Strikes, Menagerie, Heroic Missions & Adventures


    Daily Reckoning Modifiers

    Affect all three tiers

    beep boop failed to fetch


    Daily Heroic Story Missions

    beep boop failed to fetch


    Daily Forge: beep boop failed to fetch


    Gunsmith Inventory


    Spider Material Exchange

    beep boop failed to fetch


    Bounties

    Unfortunately, Petra daily bounties can't be fetched through the API. Feel free to share them in the comments!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    You ever just look through your collections and marvel at all the great looking weapons and armor that are completely irrelevant?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:57 PM PST

    Seriously, some of the best looking weapons and armor are completely irrelevant and unobtainable, it's kinda sad to be honest.

    submitted by /u/idontreallycare421
    [link] [comments]

    Finally completed my named Hive Knights! Here are just a few.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:32 PM PST

    Here it is!

    Here is my ArtStation post so you can see the same without text. (UPDATED with the right spelling of Ecthar whoops)

    submitted by /u/solprimeval
    [link] [comments]

    Why the fuck am I running into Unbroken players and crucible gods at 2100 this late into the season while I get paired with blueberries running double auto rifles.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:54 AM PST

    Like fuck dude. 3 games in a row its just sweats after sweat. Its understandable if I were a higher rank to face these people but at 2100? Its so annoying fo be constantly stomped by players out of my skill. Also this is solo queued.

    Edit: Wow, did not expect a post I made out of salt would get this much traction. From the comments I read a lot of you guys have similar comp struggles. I've taken comp to seriously which causes me to despise the crucible, but from now on i'll just take dumb fun loadouts into comp(triple bow, here I come!!).

    submitted by /u/blockbook
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, Destiny 2 need optimization patch.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 06:05 AM PST

    Hijacking myself: turns out, it's PC only issue.

    Hijacking myself again: it's not. And in the title I made a mistake :(

    It is borderline unbearable to play on Titan or on Dreaming City maps both in Crucible and Gambit & on some other crucible maps (I look at you, Bannerfall) because of huge FPS drops.

    And it's not like I have bad PC specs (Vega 56, Core-i5, 16GB RAM and D2 is on M.2 SSD) & I play on the lowest settings except texture quality. Just trying to play this game at 90 capped FPS is a suicide mission, not to mention 144...

    For example, I can run any map in R6: Siege with the highest settings and have 144 frames without any drops.

    Edit: Yes, EDZ near Devrim makes me question my hardware harder than trying to farm Bitcoin, but at least it's a PVE zone, not a place of competitive relevancy.

    Garden of Salvation mainly at the last stage had performance issues as well, and with each DPS phase it only got worse. Now it is much better, but watching console world first was... something.

    submitted by /u/OneMythicalMan
    [link] [comments]

    The Grind for the Undying Title is Easy but flat out Tedious and too much for a Season

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:38 PM PST

    Right now I have 12/14 now, (missing the Quests and Exit Strategy) but in my opinion, some of the Grind is just flat out tedious even the Grind in Vex Offensive was fine, a bit annoying at times but manageable (hell I did it 3 weeks ago)

    However, look at the requirements here on the Non-VO stuff:

    • Vanguard Quests

      • Bosses defeated 135
      • Score accumulated 1800000
      • Arc abilities or Super kills 900
      • Void Grenades or Abilities kills 450
      • Solar Grenades or Melee Kills 675

    Keep in Mind, Bosses and Score are accumulative over the steps, these are the Full Totals

    • Gambit Quests
      • 600 Motes
      • 150 Guardians Killed
      • 600 Challenging Taken
      • 2400 Kills

    There is a Crucible one for Battle Drills, but I completed that ages ago and cannot find the quest list, I think it was 1 reset of Valor and 150 kills

    Then you have the Ritual Weapons, Edgewise is fine and we know the board's feelings on RTK

    • Ritual Weapons

      • Randys Throwing Knife
      • Edgewise
      • Exit Strategy
        • Sub Machine Gun Multi Kills 150
        • Medals earned 125
        • Points earned 5400

    Then that's before the VO stuff, which alone with its weapons final blows and precision hits, it's too much of a Grind for 12 weeks, the fact the ritual weapons came well before the first steps of these quests is ridiculous, and it's only for an Emblem and Shaders,

    At this point, I feel like I need to just finish it as I am so close to it but I dunno if I can be bothered at this point, I took a break this week and played Death Stranding and Jedi Fallen Order, I needed that break I think and enjoyed Star wars so much, probably my GotY tbh.

    Back to Destiny, to attack this myself, I figure 3-4 Strikes or Gambit Matches a day and grind them down til the end of the season and hope that's enough, but it really does need lowering or not have a time limit on the collections badge at least, I could only imagine if they put in an RNG Exotic like 1k Voices in one season

    submitted by /u/SCB360
    [link] [comments]

    We should get an emblem for tossing Brakion's arm into the infinite.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:53 AM PST

    Sometimes at the end of the Pyramidion Nightfall/Strike, Asher says, "Did you sever it's arm and send it spiraling into the infinite?" Well you can actually punch Brakion's broken parts after you defeat him, and push them off into the unknown. I've done it with his arm before and was sad when I couldn't respond to him "Sure did!"

    I think it would be a fun way to get an emblem, could be a picture of his arm or something. As long as one person in the fireteam pushes it off before the timer ends, the whole team gets it.

    submitted by /u/blue_13
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons should be removed from the Exotic Engram pool if you already have everything.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:50 PM PST

    For the past three weeks, I've gotten three exotic weapons from Xur of which two of them were Trinity Ghoul. I don't have much time these days to play in order to grind 950/980 Nightfall Ordeals (school & work), so unfortunately my primary source of exotic drops each week is Xur.

     

    A little bit of math:

    There are 31 weapons and 25 pieces of armor (for Warlock as an example) currently in the Fated Engram pool (given that you've already acquired all exotics that can be obtained from the Fated Engram).

    That means we have approximately a 44.62% chance at getting a piece of armor. Meaning we're more likely to get a useless weapon each time we open an Exotic Engram than we are to get a piece of armor

    (this is the same for exotic engram world drops).

     

    Then, to get the exact piece you're looking for is about 1 in every 56 engrams which, if I get 3 engrams per week (around what I have been getting since Shadowkeep), would take me around 5 months to get.

     

    Then I'd have to consider, does the exotic have the right affinity? (1 out of every 168 engrams, which would take about 14 months to get)

     

    Does it have the right stat distribution? (1 out of every 336 engrams if you're looking for a piece that significantly has any one of 3 of the 6 stats you're looking for)

     

    Don't get me wrong, I'm loving armor 2.0, but the fact that we now need to get multiple versions of the same piece of exotic armor for different loadouts means we need to rethink how the grind for exotic armors should feel from a player's perspective.

     

    TLDR: Exotic engrams are already rare as it is in Shadowkeep, but to also saturate the exotic pool within the engrams with useless weapons (again considering you already have them all) AND making it more likely to get a weapon, makes the grind to get the exotic armor piece you're looking for close to impossible.

     

    Edit: I deleted and reposted my suggestion to make my title less confusing. I also added more to the body of my statement to include exotic engrams, in general, needing the change as well.

     

    Edit 2: Formatting and made some sentences more clear.

    submitted by /u/iamrameses
    [link] [comments]

    I rather the seasonal artifact mods take longer to access, but have access to all of them.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:30 AM PST

    Title says it all. I rather the seasonal artifact mods take longer to achieve access to all of them, but when I do I have every mod at my disposal. Having to reset the artifact discourages trying new things, and makes players less likely to simply mess around things for fun.

    A fair trade off is to maybe slightly increase how long it takes to acquire them, and leave them all available. I had every single artifact mod within the first 2 days of the season, sure that's fun, but it would also be fun to chase certain artifact mods, (maybe even a few weeks after launch) if it meant they were very strong and I wasn't going to have to pick and choose.

    submitted by /u/jcaljr5
    [link] [comments]

    I wish they had a damage dealt to bosses stats in Nightfalls just like they do in Gambit with Primevils.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:14 PM PST

    It would be cool to know who did more damage to the bosses in Nightfalls and even the Haunted forest

    submitted by /u/_TheGuru
    [link] [comments]

    We need to fix drifter

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 10:04 AM PST

    Whenever I'm in a gambit match and the primeval comes up drifter always says the Envoys are down when they acually arn't. Please fix bungie.

    submitted by /u/O7SuperNova
    [link] [comments]

    Meganeura on the Oxygen SR3 shouldn't go away until it is stowed or reloaded

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:43 AM PST

    This gun is awful right now due to both the scout rifle archetype and the "special" perk itself. This not not feel like a *pinnacle* weapon.

    This perk can be insanely fun and has huge potential. However, the opportunities come few and far between where you can successfully land three precision hits (due to crap aim / teammates / everything already being dead) and when you do it feels super unrewarding. Then the perk is gone and you have to spend another 3 bullets just trying to make an explosion.

    Making this perk last until it is stowed or reloaded will give a ton of life back into this gun and make it viable. It might even get some use in PvP too. In summary, right now it feels like there are not enough enemies in one wave of an encounter to keep the perk running or to even use the perk at all. As soon as you get full Meganeura, you can really only get one big explosion and then there's nothing to shoot (not because *you've* already killed everything, but because you teammates have or because the enemies in between waves in some activities are scarce).

    submitted by /u/Ashes527
    [link] [comments]

    If planetary engrams are the only way to get randomly rolled planetary armor, then:

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 10:49 AM PST

    1) I don't think it should be so expensive to get one engram. 1 engram cost me like 100 seraphite, which is definitely a lot. Maybe 20-30 would be better

    2) The y1 weapons in the loot pool should be either updated or removed. Getting static-rolled duplicates was a waste in y1, and it's a waste now.

    submitted by /u/Dolphinboy-II
    [link] [comments]

    Why do all North American Crucible matches have high ping Asian players?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:53 AM PST

    It would be one thing if it was a rare occurrence, but it's literally every single game. There is nothing like crit-ing an entire magazine into a stuttering/teleporting player, dying to their surprise melee now that they are magically upon you and then when re-spawning getting credit for a kill that happened 8 seconds ago.

    This seems to be the new normal.

    I thought this game was supposed to be region locked? Maybe there should be ping limiters? There has to be a solution as the current experience is lousy.

    submitted by /u/vitalsauce
    [link] [comments]

    For Anyone Trying to get the Time Trial for Vex Offensive, the Timer Starts when You Hit Deploy in Orbit!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 11:44 AM PST

    Mainly just the title, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of anyone that wanted to go for this triumph. My friend and I discovered this when he started a timer for when the encounter started and I began one when I loaded in. To our amazement, both were off by well over a minute. While pc players might not have an issue with this, as the load time for the activity will only shave off less than a minute, for console users, it takes nearly two minutes to load into an activity...

    So this means that you and your fireteam now have to beat every encounter and the boss in less than about eight minutes. Thankfully, the timer stops on the boss kill, but this still will require a one phase, and you'll be cutting it extremely close on time. Hopefully this will get addressed in the future, for as it stands right now, in the words of my friend,

    "Imagine a triumph being tied to your hardware."

    submitted by /u/LuckysGift
    [link] [comments]

    Add a postmaster tribute to the tribute hall so I can clear my post from the tribute hall

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:06 PM PST

    If I'm just running strikes or nightfalls to grind out these quests and I'm using the tribute hall to refill my heavy ammo, AND I can access my vault from the tribute hall...it would be awesome if I could also clear my postmaster from the tribute hall. I'm sure the tribute hall probably loads faster than the Tower on consoles too. So those players who don't care to pick up bounties, and are just trying to get their heavy ammo and load out to continue the grind can get back to shooty shooty fun time without having to visit two locations.

    submitted by /u/Gravexmind
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy-Themed exotics are great, so add more

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:31 AM PST

    I don't know about you guys, but I really like the enemy themed weapons like Lord of Wolves or Skyburner's Oath. Something about them makes me feel like my guardian just picked it up off a dead enemy and started using it. Plus, they look really, really good. Bungie, can we get some more of these? Maybe like a Hobgoblin's Linear Fusion Rifle, or Hive Boomer Grenade Launcher, or even a Fallen Shock Rifle as an arc pulse rifle. It just makes me feel like I'm actually interacting with the world, and I think that pairing this with enemy themed armor would be even better. Plus, the models are already in the game, so maybe tweak them a bit and give them to us? I just think it would be a way to make the world feel more lived in, that's all.

    submitted by /u/SenseiD0ge
    [link] [comments]

    Downloaded Destiny New Light for my 6 year old. 2 hours later he asked to play Gambit.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:39 PM PST

    After I got him all setup, Showed him how to start the Red War Campaign (he hates Ghaul) he wanted to play Gambit.

    I honestly don't even know what weapons he used, but I walked in on maybe his second game. I explained that the boss can't die until you kill the wizards.

    Long story short, time expired and his team lost. By centimeters I tell you. Post game screen came up. He had 30 motes deposited. 1 lost. No idea how. But he must have caught on to the basics of banking and surviving quick. I felt so proud told him he's on my permanent fireteam.

    submitted by /u/The330Strangla
    [link] [comments]

    If someone backs out of your crucible game you shouldn’t lose any glory points.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:18 PM PST

    Or at the very least lose way less. Its not my fault Lord Savage felt like backing out. Don't ruin my 5 win streak cuz of it.

    EDIT: I mean on the freelance playlist. An easy "fix" would be to not penalize players who stick around the whole game even though they have one less player.

    submitted by /u/thomas---
    [link] [comments]

    Let Petra Venj sell Dreaming City gear for Baryon Boughs.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:34 PM PST

    The Dreaming City isn't as active as it once was and I think it would be a pleasant nod to the player base to allow us to cash in our Bough stashes for some chances at rolls on Dreaming City gear.

    submitted by /u/NoctisNoctua
    [link] [comments]

    Last January I swore off Sentinel.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 06:41 PM PST

    Since then I've only played Striker and Sunbreaker to match the killcount I accidentally landed on with Sentinel. Today marks the day I finally did it. https://i.imgur.com/WIa96tt.jpg

    submitted by /u/stormydemon
    [link] [comments]

    Planetary Armor should drop based on what planet the activity is on.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:29 PM PST

    For example, if I'm doing a strike on Nessus, I should be able to get Exodus Down armor. I'm so tired of getting Tangled Web armor or Prodigal armor from every activity I do. Plus this will make Year 1 armor "relevant" again.

    submitted by /u/Murvin_-
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing a lot of frustrated posts recently

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:36 AM PST

    Don't forget it's ok to take a break and play other games to avoid getting bored and not wanting to play this game at all.

    I haven't really been playing Destiny 2 for the past two weeks now other than to do minor things and I'm okay with it! This is coming from a player with many hours. You don't want to get Destiny fatigue right before a new season.. There are tons of new games with brand new exciting content out there that you can go spend some time on!

    Seasons almost done, there's nothing to do on Destiny until the undying event that they are trickling. Save yourself the frustration! Take a break!

    Edit- Thanks for the silver kind lad!

    Source: a guy who took a break and is excited to come back for the next dlc

    submitted by /u/illyporfa
    [link] [comments]

    Why the heck can't I replay the legacy campaigns as many times as I like???

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:56 PM PST

    Title. Like- the quests are easily purchasable from Amanda, which is great, and I had a blast going back and replaying the Red War; so why is the quest not repurchasable for those who want to go back again? (The option is greyed out once you've beaten it saying "Campaign already completed".

    It's not like you're getting anything for doing it- there's literally zero reward for playing them, so you can't glitch or exploit anything.... I don't understand why Bungie would lock those missions as One-and-Done.

    Anyone else feeling this or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/ThorinBlack
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest way to grind edgewise before my wife kills me

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    My wife just gave birth a few hours ago and I have a few hours downtime to grind Something so I guess I'll start my edgewise. What's the best way to do it today before my wife and newborn wake up?

    Edit 1. Some people seem to think I'm at terrible person. My wife and baby were literally sleeping. I had nothing to do

    submitted by /u/vankamme
    [link] [comments]

    Hard Light literally makes me vomit.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 10:01 PM PST

    I'm not kidding. The screen shake from Hardlight has literally, no exaggeration, made me throw up twice now. Let me explain.

    I hadn't ever really used the weapon before, but I got the Catalyst a couple of days ago and figured I'd grind out the 1000 kills this weekend. I started yesterday, but about 20% in I started feeling sick. At first, I thought it must have been something I ate. I kept playing, assuming the feeling would go away. It didn't. Another 20% in and I found myself upchucking in the bathroom. Again, I assumed it was food-related.

    Move on to today, and I felt totally fine. No nausea. I hop back on, start grinding kills for the catalyst again, and lo and behold, I start feeling sick. Still not connecting the dots and after another trip to the toilet, I go and complain to my wife that I'm so close to completing this dumb catalyst, but I just can't finish because I'm so sick. Being the nice person she is (she's not really a gamer), she offers to finish the last 20% for me, and I go lay down.

    Once I was feeling better, I asked her if she completed the catalyst. She told me she did, and said, "I know exactly why you felt sick. That gun shake is awful." As soon as she said it, I knew it was true. The screen shake from Hardlight literally made me sick. Twice.

    Honestly, what kind of gun design is this? The gun has a massive amount of stability, there's NO REASON it should shake that bad. Like, what's the purpose? If they removed the screen shake would the gun suddenly become OP? I highly doubt it. I mean, it's still an Autorifle after all, and it's main perk only affects shielded enemies. It's a shame because it's a pretty cool concept.

    If Bungie isn't willing to remove the screen shake from Hard Light, at the very least, they should consider adding a warning. Something like "WARNING: Extended use may make you sick." Just a thought :/

    Anyway, glad the catalyst is done so the gun can sit in my vault forever. Anyone else feel sick from using Hard Light?

    submitted by /u/ch4_meleon_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment