• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 9, 2020

    Destiny Community Focus: BroFish

    Destiny Community Focus: BroFish


    Community Focus: BroFish

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49005


    Our focus this week is a content creator from Mixer who loves raiding in Destiny. Despite the name, she is not a "Bro," but at the same time she possesses all of the positive qualities you might find in one of your "bros." She likes chilling with her community and taking down bosses.

    Please meet BroFish.

    Welcome to your Community Focus, tell us a bit about who are you and what do you do for a living?

    BroFish: My name is BroFish and I am a full-time content creator on Mixer.

    What got you into gaming?

    BroFish: When I was six I moved to a new town, and the first friend I met had Pokémon Yellow on the Gameboy Color. I would go over to her house every day after school and play Pokémon. I've been playing games ever since.

    Playing games is one thing, streaming them is on another level. What first got you into streaming?

    BroFish I first learned what livestreaming was when Prison of Elders was revealed in May of 2015. I saw ProfessorBroman laughing and having the time of his life, and I wanted to know more about streaming. After spending months watching streams, I decided to put myself out there and stream so I could meet more people who played Destiny.

    I started on Twitch four years ago doing raid carries here and there, but I had yet to find my home. This is where Mixer came in. I switched to Mixer in March of 2018, after hearing good things from friends who had switched to the platform. I felt incredibly welcomed by everyone and the community was so strong. Being able to interact with your chat with zero delay made a huge leap for community interaction, which always comes first to me. I knew within the first week that I had found my new home, and I knew I wanted to build the Destiny directory on Mixer. I'm proud of how the directory has developed in the past two years and I can't wait to see where it goes in the future.

    That POE stream was a great one. Let's talk memories, what's a moment in Destiny history that is still with you today?

    BroFish: There was a point during Age of Triumph where I was asked while streaming to do a raid with a number of leading community members in the Destiny directory. This sticks out for me because it was the first time I felt that I truly had a larger place in the Destiny directory and it made me want to strive to grow myself and my brand so that I could in time lead and inspire others to chase their dreams as well.

    Despite me accidentally muting myself on Discord for half of the raid, I still have lasting friendships that came out of that Wrath of the Machine raid. The Destiny Community is strong, and it saved me when I was going through a lot of pain and hurt. I'll always be grateful to Bungie for creating this world and to the Guardians I get the privilege of sharing this world with.

    Tell me more about yourself – hobbies outside of streaming, random stuff that you enjoy doing other than videogames even.

    BroFish: I played volleyball for seven years in school, even receiving medals at the national championships. I played basically every sport my school had to offer. I also enjoy drawing and doing puzzles or anything which challenges my brain. I also shamelessly watch "Judge Judy" and "Jeopardy" in my spare time.

    Everyone loves Jeopardy right? What was your first console game/PC game? How did your gaming habits evolve from Pokémon?

    BroFish: From Pokémon I started playing other JRPGs. My first console game that I fell in love with was Final Fantasy X. From there on I played a lot of other RPGs like Assassin's Creed and Zelda as well. Then, six years ago, I picked up Destiny for the first time and played it for 12 hours straight, and I was hooked on looter shooters from then on.

    What class do you call home? What's your favorite build in Destiny when it comes to subclass/weapons.

    BroFish: I started playing Destiny 1 as a Hunter, but once I tried Warlock I completely fell in love with slap fights and floofing around. I love dunking on people with Nova Bombs, or channeling my inner tickle fingers with Stormcaller.

    My favorite build usually consists of some sort of hand cannon/sniper or scout rifle/sniper build. I fell in love with Randy's Throwing Knife the second I used it, and I was a huge user of Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer in D1. My favorite armor piece by far was the Nothing Manacles and I miss them so, but I do enjoy running Crown of Tempests with Stormtrance.

    Where can people find you online?

    BroFish: You can find me at Mixer.com/BroFish, on Twitter at BroFishTV, and on Instagram at brofish__.

    We want to think BroFish for taking the time to share her story and give us a chance to learn more about her and her channel. Make sure you give her a visit at the links above and drop in on one of her streams to say hi.

    We plan to keep seeking out interesting people in our community. If you have any ideas on who we should focus on next let us know us on Twitter or our forums.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Discussion - Salt-Free Saturday!

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Howdy Guardians! Today is Salt-Free Saturday!

    Wanna get your Destiny discussion going without worrying about negativity? Wanna talk about things you like in the game without anyone jumping down your throat? This is the place for you.

    Our rules will still be enforced here, with the (hopefully obvious) addition of NO SALT ALLOWED. And remember, keep it related to Destiny.

    (Note: This does NOT mean that salt-free posts are to be relegated here. Only that salt isn't allowed in this Megathread.)


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Shaxx has totally unrealistic expectations. I joined a mayhem game completely spect out for grenades and ONLY THREW GRENADES and he STILL said I didn't throw enough grenades. Dude needs to chill.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    On a side note, you get alot of "friend requests" on steam when you run double suppressor grenades in mayhem....

    Armamentarium for the win.

    submitted by /u/trueGator89
    [link] [comments]

    If you are doing a raid, and you don’t know how to do the encounter, please tell us so we can teach you. Don’t pretend and waste our time.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    I recently did a crown of sorrow, and it was great until the boss. This one kid said he knew how to do the whole raid. Once we got to the boss, however, things started to fall apart. This kid didn't know when to switch buffs, when to shoot Gahlran's hand, and how to deal with the deception. We asked him if he knew what to do, he said no, we asked why he didn't say so at the beginning, and then he got mad and left. We would have taught him how to do it, but instead he wasted our time by pretending to know what to do instead of asking for help.

    Don't do this. Most people will teach you if you don't know what to do.

    Edit: I understand that if you put KWTD you shouldn't teach people, but the crown of sorrow boss is a special case. If you know the other encounters the boss is so easy to teach it wouldn't have taken any time, and the rest of the fireteam agreed. The thing I am getting at in the post is lying about knowing what to do, and then getting mad and leaving instead of at least asking if teaching is an option.

    submitted by /u/ConMan1921
    [link] [comments]

    You can access all DLC and Season Pass FOR FREE. Seriously, go get your free loot

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    IMO biggest SGA to date in this game

    I have a free account and a full DLC account. Recently Stadia Pro has become open for a free trial, which includes ALL Destiny 2 DLCs and the current season pass.

    If you do not own all of the DLCs or the season pass, cross save to Stadia. Log into Stadia and you now have access to everything. Even if you dont want to play on Stadia, no problem - GO COLLECT YOUR FREE LOOT.

    As soon as I logged in, all bottom row Season Pass items unlocked.

    Get all those planetary mats, glimmer, shards, banner, 3x armor sets per class including the high stat ones, ship, shader, sparrow and ornaments FOR FREE. If this is all you want to do , then it's still literally free loot. Log in, claim, log out.

    ALL exotic quests are unlocked on Stadia from vendors. Go pick them up then work on them on your preferred PC or console. These include:

    • Chaperone
    • Thorn
    • Lumina
    • Bastion
    • Jotunn
    • Le Monarque
    • Leviathan's Breath
    • Malfeasance (may need Stadia for the Corrupted Strike)
    • Truth (may need Stadia for the Warden Strike)
    • Izanagis Burden (Need Stadia to do the Shattered Throne step)
    • The Last Word (Need Stadia for The Draw mission step)
    • Fourth Horseman (Need Stadia for Legendary Quarry step)
    • Xenophage (Need Stadia for Pit of Heresy step)

    I'm able to work on progress of these outside of Stadia then claim it. The locked part is picking up the quest if you don't have the DLC or Pass. Each step afterwards doesn't need Stadia again to progress other than the instances which require DLC access. Havent progressed enough on these to know w the special strike.

    EDIT - Got to the special Hallowed Lair step for Bastion, do not need to go back to Stadia for it! Can't say the same for Malfeasance yet, still haven't been able to find meatball, or Truth since this week isn't the Ogre boss needed for step 1.

    You can play the campaigns on Stadia and use these earned exotics afterwards:

    • Ace of Spades
    • Wishender
    • Deathbringer

    You can raid Garden, Scourge, Last Wish, and Crown on Stadia and keep the loot to use

    I won't do this since Stadia is pretty choppy and low player population, but you can access those raids for sure. If you don't want to do the Last Wish glitch in, at least you can enter wall wishes to loot the chests legit now. If you really want to grind you can try to get Anarchy, 1kV, Tarrabah and Divinity while Stadia is free on trial and you don't want to keep the subscription.

    Holy shit you ready for this one? Redeem exotic engrams on Stadia to get Forsaken/SK/Season exotics that are locked on your main.

    My free account mega lucked out and got OEM, Citans, Cerberus and Wavesplitter from the season pass engrams. Went to Xur today and got Antaeus Wards on my 100% free account which previously had all Y1 exotics unlocked and left with repeats, until this point. Going back off Stadia I can equip and pull these from collections

    Holy shit, you definitely aren't ready for this one. On Stadia you can unlock your 3rd tree of each subclass since you have access to the full DLCs.

    Going back out of Stadia my free account now can equip, unequip and free to keep all of the new supers. Burning Maul, Thundercrash, Banner Shield, Well, Nova Warp, Chaos Reach, Blade Barrage, Spectral, fancy pole dancer.

    submitted by /u/Kir-ius
    [link] [comments]

    Happy belated-birthday to the 1k catalyst everyone! It was added to the database on 5/6/2019

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    https://www.light.gg/db/items/82994288/one-thousand-voices-catalyst/

    And it never came out.

    A year has passed and it never came out

    HERE'S TO ANOTHER YEAR

    submitted by /u/Ffom
    [link] [comments]

    I love the transmogrification idea, but I hope it will include non-legendary armor too

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Just some wishful thinking. Some of my favorite hunter helmets and boots are common, uncommon, and rare, and I'd love to be able to viably use something like the Wastelander Mask or the War Mantis helmet. Some of those designs really scratch my itch for simplicity, and I'd really like for those completely useless amor pieces to get a little bit of wear. Commons, Uncommons, and Rares are completely ignored unless for leveling (and those busted stats on the War Mantic arms), and the former two literally dont have any use outside of the first hour you start a character. It'd be nice to bring those designs some relevancy again.

    submitted by /u/cement_addiction
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the Stormcaller perk Transcendence even exist?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Transcendence has to be the most fun-ruining perk in the entire game.

    It's in the top tree, and it gives your Super a boost if you haven't used your grenade and melee ability.

    Except the other perks in the tree WANT you to use your grenade and melee ability. They got augmented to be better than ever, since they do damage to more foes than otherwise possible.

    It's a total anti-synergy. If I use my fun abilities at the wrong time, they won't be ready when my Super is. If I hold my abilities, then I'm not using most of my Arc skills. I'm all too often feeling like I'm missing out on 1 perk or on 2.

    Something got in your face and you panic-melee? Well now your Super cooldown has to either wait on your melee cooldown, or you just have to ignore Transcendence entirely and use your un-upgraded Super.

    But that's not all--sometimes your weapons screw with you too. If you have a shotgun with Trench Barrel or One-Two Punch you probably have to resign yourself to never actually having Transcendence since you never know when you'll be using your Thunderstrike to boost your shotgun.

    And running around with only 3/4 or 2/4 abilities instead of the usual 4 feels bad.

    My wish? Scrap Transcendence entirely and replace it with Perpetual Charge from D1; where your grenade refills your melee and your melee refills your grenade. This totally works because both Chain Lightning and Arc Web encourage you to use and abuse these Arc abilities, and Perpetual Charge fits that theme perfectly.

    The Transcendence perk only made sense in D1 when you could just choose not to have it. Not when it comes in a bundle like an asshole cable company that makes you buy a landline just because you want WiFi internet.

    submitted by /u/Faust_8
    [link] [comments]

    Is Cross-Platform play something that players want?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    Title. My personal opinion is yes. For PvE playing with your friends that are on PC/XBOX/STADIA/PS4 would be amazing. PvP could have an opt-out of cross play function to make sure you dont get stomped buy some random with mouse and keyboard. With more and more games becoming cross-platform and Sony and Microsoft are allowing more and more cross platform play, should bungie make the leap aswell?

    submitted by /u/Ryanclanlx
    [link] [comments]

    On January 12th 2018, Bungie published a new philosophy for how Destiny 2 would work going forward

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46567

    The key part of this is:

    Eververse

    We recognize that the scales are tipped too far towards Tess at the moment, and Eververse was never intended to be a substitute for end game content and rewards. So, we'll be making three changes for upcoming Seasons:

    • We're shifting the balance of new content in favor of activity rewards over Bright Engrams. This includes adding Ghosts, Sparrows, and ships (to date found only in Bright Engrams) to achievement reward pools.

    • We'll provide a gameplay path to earn Bright Engrams and all contained rewards (including Event Engrams).

    • We'll give players more direct purchase options and make adjustments to Bright Engrams to allow players to get the items they want more often.

    Though I think they fell short in providing valuable ones often outside of eververse, they did for things like zero hour ship, whisper ship, spire of stars emote, the leviathan ghost, and the scourge sparrow. They even a had legendary ship, ghost, and sparrow in last wish. The real thing around year 2 was that eververse was much more generous, up until season of opulence. Once year 3 happened, the whole reward structure was screwed again. What was spoken about yesterday, sounds like we could even be in a better place than year 2.

    I only point this out as it is a pendulum. I hope bungie swings the pendulum into a sustainable place where players are happy enough and they have a successful enough stream of revenue. I really don't want to see the same problems happen in year 5 that happened in 1 and 3, which was a complete overreach.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    How Much Money (U.S.D.) has xur made?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    $35,862,963,360 is the short answer

    Simple explanation I used silver, bright dust, a shader, clan banners, and glimmer to convert legendary shards into U.S.D

    I don't know if this counts as self promotion but I uploaded an unlisted YouTube video with the full calculations and explanation. Please excuse my language I made this for me and my friends but I wanted to share. Any advice/feedback is appreciated.

    Thanks

    Explanation Video

    submitted by /u/Kahnjay
    [link] [comments]

    If there is only going to be one ritual/pinnacle weapon each season from here on PLEASE make it a good one

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Before the current season if a ritual weapon turned out to not be as good as expected players wouldn't be as disappointed because there were 2 other weapons from other playlists that they could go get but from next season that will no longer be the case. As a player who is extremely fond of these types of weapons/quests getting a bad ritual quest when it's going to be the only quest for the entire season might put a damper on the season for me and other players like me. If theres only going to be one seasonal ritual weapon please make it a good one

    submitted by /u/TheBluePundit
    [link] [comments]

    I just love getting errored out of a Survival match before it even starts, and then getting punished for it. Ruining my streak and taking glory points from me as well.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Awesome gameplay. Really fun. I love how it's a dice roll as to whether I'll even be able to play a match I connect to. Really cool and fair gameplay mechanic.

    submitted by /u/spyder256
    [link] [comments]

    About Forge drop rates...

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Bungie, please switch the drop rates for secondary Forge weapons(Atalanta, Dead Man Walking, Swift Ride, etc.) with the drop rates of Ghost Shells and Sparrows.

    Some people haven't even seen the secondary weapons in months, or at all, because their drop rate is so low. On top of that, if they get a bad roll, it's straight to the shard bin.

    People don't need Anti-Paladin after Anti-Paladin, or Futurecraft or Fusion Matrix Shell after Shell. Maybe there's some fun after getting your first Shell or Sparrow from the Forges. But after your fifth, it's just a bore.

    If not switch the drop rates, at least make the equipment more rare after you get your first, and increase the drop rate of weapons.

    submitted by /u/FirstCurseFil
    [link] [comments]

    So both Destiny and Warframe have a fleet of death ships encroaching on our respective universes.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I saw a post that mentioned the event over on the Warframe subreddit and figured I'd a mention it here. Push back the darkness guardians. From one space warrior to the next good luck.

    submitted by /u/Axel4145
    [link] [comments]

    With a renewed focus on earned cosmetics, could we get taken ornaments from the shattered throne?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I'm not saying new models or anything, just what the armor looks like with a tincture of queenfoil active.

    What's the possibility you could ask the team about this Dylan/Cosmo?

    submitted by /u/Ranting_Bastard
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please get a rework of rally barricade now that auto reloading is gone?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I think all Titan mains can agree, rally barricades just don't really have a place anymore. They do not provide any cover when most enemies have AOE effects that got right through the shield. Any situation they might be useful in is easily replaced with a single warlock with lunafactions. I can honestly say as a weekly raider/ dungeon runner I can't think of a single time I've used it since the nerf.

    Some quick suggestions 1.) allies behind rally barricade get increased grenade recharge speed

    2.) dramatically increased resilience for you and allies (assuming they make resilience mean something but also not make it OP in crucible)

    3.) some form of auto-reloading but NOT instant (I.e slowly trickle ammo in, like a much weaker actium war rigs)

    Open to suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Synthoceps
    [link] [comments]

    I was today years old when I looked up in the sky on Nessus, and noticed the Leviathan

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    ..and it is huge. I saw the concept art once but never actually realized or noticed it in the sky. Ready to swallow Nessus up.

    https://imgur.com/g8tsJbP

    submitted by /u/suteivu
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to try a new raid challenge for fun

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    So my clan and I decided our hand at a fresh challenge to make a raid a bit more interesting. We ran leviathan but with our own rules...

    You start with all white weapons and armor. Apart from heavy as there are none. Each time you get a drop in the raid you have to equip that piece and delete the previous piece of gear. So I started with the stubborn oak and the first drop I had was an smg so that took the space of the shotgun.

    It was all going well til we got to calus and 3 of us had swords drop... Not ideal for that encounter. Luckily shortly after a few wipes I got a mos epoch to drop. Never thought i would celebrate that ever dropping the way I did in this.

    3 damage phases later and loads of khovostov bullets in him and he finally dropped.

    It's worth doing just for the celebrations of getting literally any other drop than the thing you start with.

    submitted by /u/olafthemanofsnow
    [link] [comments]

    Three Enhanced Mods are not dropping (bugged?)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Me and my friends did nearly 20 Arms Dealer Master Ordeals yesterday, to try to clear out the missing mods. By the end of it, we were all missing the exact same mods.

    Enhanced Fusion Rifle Loader, Enhanced Auto Rifle Loader, and Enhanced Bow Loader. Normally I'd write this off, but I have yet to see anyone own these mods.

    I also did 20 strikes at Platinum level and got zero mods; these were the only three I was missing. Therefore, I think they are bugged to not drop.

    Has anyone else had this experience?

    submitted by /u/FlandreScarlette
    [link] [comments]

    Our Own Room/Office in the Tower with Mannequins that we set up to hold Specific Loadouts with with a Quick-swap Option.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    With the addition of Banshee's and Zevalah's Workshop and Office respectively, it got me thinking. Can our guardians have our own room in the tower? I think it could work similarly to the Tribute Hall i.e. Where it is in a single location and you can invite a fireteam with you but everyone sees their own room. There it can house accolades and accomplishments like seals on the wall and completed collection books in a bookshelf for instance, but what I want the most are mannequins that you could essentially "vault" a full loadout to like one specifically for Crucible, Gambit, PVE, etc... and swap what you are currently equipped with back onto the mannequin. Since we can't pick up bounties from orbit and have to go to the tower, this might give us another reason to go there to prepare for what activity we are going to do in a quick and organized way. Just a thought.

    submitted by /u/Ghoomba
    [link] [comments]

    How long is this game going to pretend that connection issues in busy periods is the users fault?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    I have wired 120mpbs fiber power living in the middle of EU, stop giving me errors indicating that the problem is on my part, when only this game has these problems, and guess when? Obviously when there are a lot of players. Admit to the fact that you dont have enough servers/dont care about expanding them, and that you cannot handle peak hours efficiently... I get booted to orbit every single weekend several times a day. Fuck me for trying to play your game.

    submitted by /u/stoneapig
    [link] [comments]

    I was bored and tried remaking the taken shader in unity

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    I am glad destiny 3 is not coming out soon. I hope destiny 2 becomes world of destiny

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    I would like destiny 2 to keep evolving. I don't want to lose my vault and lose everything in order to creat a new and flawed game.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    Completing an entire lore book should give us access to a "Cut-scene" a small snippet of the story that is happening with other characters in the destiny universe.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    How awesome would it be (and a great reward) when completing an entire lore book we get a 10-30 sec cut-scene of something in the lore we just completed!

    See title^

    This not only adds depth to the game but gives players something to invest in, outside of the grind and daily play.

    It would be like halo wars... back in the day I sometimes jumped on just to re-watch the cut scenes. It was soo cool!

    submitted by /u/Ur2baker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment