• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 23, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-08-23]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-08-23]


    Daily Questions [2020-08-23]

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    The "Once-in-a-lifetime" Shuro Chi puzzle solution happened to my raid team...

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    The stars have aligned, it seems...

    imgur link here. Youtube link here.

    submitted by /u/Knight_Valfodr
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie- either add more slots to the postmaster, or don’t give us 3 blues after any playlist match

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I've got to go to the postmaster every two or three gambit or crucible matches to pick up and dismantle blues, that I, a 1050+ guardian, will never Use. Not to mention that 10 of my slots are full of umbral engrams. TL:DR- With the additional umbral engrams, and the three blues from playlist activities, the postmaster needs more slots.

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingLoaf
    [link] [comments]

    you should vault the current tower too and bring back a revamped version of the original tower with some built in tribute hall features

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    its been years and it would be a good way to kick off a new era in destiny

    submitted by /u/blastbomba
    [link] [comments]

    It's crazy that finishing the Solstice armor quest gets you 30 key fragments

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    A task that took hours, even with the 3x boost, and Bungie is like "Congrats! Here's something that you can get in 5 minutes of public events."

    I mean, something like 5 or 10 packages seems way more appropriate than 30 key fragments.

    submitted by /u/_therealchin
    [link] [comments]

    "Siva" - Digital Art for Myelin Games

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/fjT9aHV.jpg

    I wanted to make a visual representation of the fall of the Iron Lords to siva in a more stylized way. As some of you know I've just recently returned to this subreddit and wanted to share with you some of my "greatest hits" that you might've missed out on due to my absence. I hope you enjoy it!

    If you'd like you can also check out my twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGammatrap/status/1266502504956792836

    submitted by /u/TheGammatrap
    [link] [comments]

    ‘Destiny 2’ And The Ethics Of Deleting Two Years Of Paid Content

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Many catalysts should have received a revamped method of acquisition with Beyond Light, not be removed from the game indefinitely

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    By now I'm sure many people have either read or seen a video about the rather controversial TWAB post concerning content that will be going into the DCV with the release of Beyond Light. If you haven't, here you are: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49454

    Let's get down to it: Catalysts. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're part of Destiny. You get them, do one or more tasks, and they make a weapon better. The biggest problem with them has less to do with the effects they give, but how to obtain them. With Beyond Light, things are about to get a whole lot more... interesting...

    As a recap, here are the catalysts going away in November: - Bad Juju - The Huckleberry - Izanagi's Burden - Legend of Acrius - Polaris Lance - Skyburner's Oath - Sleeper Simulant*
    - Telesto* - Outbreak Perfected* - Whisper of the Worm* - Worldline Zero*

    What do I mean by "going away"? Well, here's what the post says:

    If you have these catalysts already equipped and their objectives completed, you can continue using them at your leisure. If you already have any catalysts with an asterisk, make sure you finish completing the necessary objective to apply it as the objective will no longer be available at the end of Season of Arrivals.

    All of these catalysts will come out of the Vault and be made available with new objectives(if needed) in a future Season.

    Instead of changing the method of acquisition for catalysts that would have desperately benefited from a redesign they will simply be unavailable until an unspecified date. This means that if you haven't received the catalyst for, say, any Exotic who's catalyst only drops from a raid encounter and cannot be farmed, you're out of luck. While there are certainly more pressing matters when it comes to Destiny, this is a clear problem on the horizon.

    Lots of great things are coming with Beyond Light, but this situation isn't one of them.

    EDIT: I genuinely appreciate all the awards. However, if you're someone thinking or about to give an award, please don't. Instead, give that monetary value, no matter how small, to a charity that could help make someone's life even just a little better.

    The real victory of this post is the attention that has been brought to the issue, and for that I am truly and forever grateful.

    submitted by /u/Christophisis
    [link] [comments]

    Honestly an all black/white shader that cost 200 silver would outsell anything in eververse

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Either make ghost perks mods, or make ghost shells ornaments

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    There's nothing more annoying than having to use an ugly shell just to get guiding light.

    submitted by /u/nervousmelon
    [link] [comments]

    I just wanted to say 3 things...

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    1. I freaking love this game

    2. I'm just hilariously awful at PvP

    3. I just scored a triple down on purpose and you'd have thought I dunked on Lebron James... I'm expecting my parade any day now

    submitted by /u/The_Clintoris
    [link] [comments]

    If you are looking for Master Smith Triumph and get the beautiful ship before it goes to DCV, just want to let you know that augmented frames ( blue one ) count also for 100 weapons you need.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Was searching here and old post said that it was bugged or not counting. Just did it and it work 100%.

    submitted by /u/LastWordSabic
    [link] [comments]

    Foreign guardians of Reddit, how would you say the name of your favorite weapon in your language?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    If you only speak English, then feel free to just share your favorite weapon.

    submitted by /u/SneakAttack65
    [link] [comments]

    THE LACERATION // A birthplace of synthetic conscience — Beyond Light Fanart

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I hope everyone is doing well and no one is suffering from everything that is happening in 2020.

    I want to share with you my vision of a fan poster for an upcoming Beyond Light DLC. I am very excited about going to Europa and new stasis powers. I was dreaming of it since I saw the first concept art in Destiny 1 (as I remember). And here we are.

    Short description about what's going on on the art:

    You will see a stasis-iced tower with its special footprint on the ground. Since I'm addicted to modern brutalism in architecture I immediately noticed the tower from the deluxe edition postcard. I hope this is exactly that tower that Exo see in their dreams. Maybe it's the Deep Stone Crypt main building.

    Below that tower you'll see the underground rivers of lava, it floats under the Europa's groud. At the same time, it's rivers of blood. They form the emblem of the House of Darkness in the middle.

    The quote at the very bottom is from Cayde's Treasure Island Book.

    So it's all about something Beyond. Lava and blood and the white shiny tower of future technologies frozen in time. Reborning as EXO, and reborn as a bearer of the Darkness powers.

    By the link, you will see a couple in different colors and composition editions. One of them is quite different, lava rivers are replaced with a stasis explosion.

    http://laceration.o-f.cc

    Hope you will like it. :)

    P.S.: Huge thanks to my friend u/kirillburton for helping me with the title and thanks to all patrons of our Russian community guardian.fm

    submitted by /u/milkpack
    [link] [comments]

    [Fan Art] DUALITY

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    People managing 0% boss damage in gambit..you know who you are. What are you doing?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    So while doing my weekly bounties for gambit tonight, I had several games where someone on the team ended up doing 0% boss damage (( see title ))

    Typically I take up the roll as designated invader -- not only because I like invading, but also because I often find that people I'm matched with just don't invade. i never see them head for the initial portal, and after my first invade, depending on how well I do, seems like no one really tries and just lets me do my thing.

    I guess I figure that, in dropping 10-15+ kills a game, i'm buying my teammates plenty of time to gather motes, spawn the prime evil and commence melting it..but boy oh boy, am I so very wrong. Some times we have our prime evil up a solid 30 seconds before the other team does, if not more, and somehow we still end up losing..and sure enough, when the damage screen pops, there they are..sporting big fat 0% for damage.

    I get that if both teams spawn the prime at roughly the same time, maybe that player just concentrated on the wizards or decided to ad clear, and maybe they just didn't get the opportunity.. but when we have a substantial lead over the other team..just why? Not a single shot in that bosses direction?

    Anyone care to explain? Am i missing something? Are people just concentrating on bounties and don't care to go for the win? What in the traveler's name is happening?

    I'm not mad. Its only gambit after all..just disappointed 😞

    submitted by /u/Heavy-Metal-Titan
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Bungie, create 2-person sparrows and let us play Halo 3's Rocket Race on the sand dunes inside the Prophecy Dungeon.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    Please. Thankyou.

    submitted by /u/azmodean666
    [link] [comments]

    Can we see our Destiny 2 "Legacy" come year 4 please??

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Since we are entering year 4 of Destiny 2 this fall, can we please get the option to see our Legacy throughout Destiny 2?? A LOT of year 1/2 content is leaving in the fall and I would really like to be able to look back through it and see what I did, when I did it and whom I did it with.

    I know this isn't a game changing thing or a gameplay change, hell, a lot of people wouldn't even check it out, but i would really like to see it.

    submitted by /u/Carston1011
    [link] [comments]

    So, I put an SSD in my PS4 and it makes such a difference to D2

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    I've been wanting to do this after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddkm408hzW4&t=1s

    I took the plunge, got myself a 500gb SSD for just shy of £50 which is the same price as a new release, and 1/10th of what the PS5 is expected to cost.

    It was quick and easy install on the PS4 slim, all I needed was a small Phillips head.

    • slide off a panel on the back,
    • remove one screw to pull the HDD caddy,
    • swap the HDD for the SSD (4 more screws),
    • boot it in safe mode to install the OS off a USB.

    Within 30 minutes I had my profile and saves downloaded off PS+ and D2 was underway.

    At first I was unimpressed, the console UI is only slightly more responsive. Then I booted D2. Holy hell.

    I was in the tower before the HDD would have even reached the character select. I ran some Vanguard strikes and the load times between felt about half what they used to be. I can actually change gear before a firefight without my teammates finishing it before I'm back in the action, and I can check bounty progress before being revived. AND I can even preview shaders when loading into the next mission!

    It's obviously not PC speeds but it's a significant improvement. If you're on console, do yourself a favour. I've been in a huge rut this season and barely made it past level 50, but knowing I don't have to spend half my play times now waiting to load in has renewed my motivation.

    submitted by /u/LueyTheWrench
    [link] [comments]

    I make Destiny cooking videos. Here's a Fallen Ether slush

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Overcame my anxiety to finally raid

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    So last night I finally was able to complete my first D2 raid (I'm a d1 raiding vet and did each raid every week (also a day 1 d1 player lmao). We did sotp and I got absolutely shit loot, got some good gauntlets tho, no one got anarchy unfortunately so ima have to bash it out before it goes. Following that (it took us a while because someone on our team was a bit slow even tho he's done it way more times than me haha) we did Eater of worlds which was very easy but I completed 2 in one night so am very proud. Got lots of triumphs including complete the raids with a team of clan mates

    TL;DR: title

    submitted by /u/obiwancomer
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons that got re-issued can drop from Black Armory Research Frames with their new power caps.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    The reason for this being so big is because weapons obtained through Research Frames have a alternate perk in their third slot that you can switch between at will, just like how weapons decrypted from Umbral Engrams can drop weapons with an alternate perk in their fourth slot.

    Take this opportunity to get re-issued weapons that can't drop from Focused Umbral Engrams such as Outrageous Fortune and Long Shadow.

    submitted by /u/RazerBandit
    [link] [comments]

    Catalysts aren't being removed "indefinitely" they are coming back with a general date of s13 or 14

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    "Currently targeting having the Catalysts available to earn again by Season 13 or Season 14. It definitely won't be as long a wait as the last time we had some sources of Catalysts removed." Cozmo said this as a response to a comment under the most recent twab, take it with a grain of salt as it's bungie, but catalysts will be earnable again not gone "indefinitely"

    submitted by /u/Murapugs
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else experience input failure when you try to shoot quickly after switching weapons? I've started tracking it around a month or so ago, so not sure which (or if) update/patch exactly spawned this issue.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    The days seem to all run together these days but a little while ago I started not being able to shoot randomly when quick switching weapons (it's occurred with at least primary and secondary weapons). I thought I was just losing my mind until I started using an overlay that shows my keys when I stream and I could actually see that my left mouse click is indeed registering in the overlay, but just not in game. I can't tell you how many times it happens in crucible when hot swapping to defend against a push, etc. It is easily reproduce'able if I hop around EDZ or Tribute Hall (RIP) and spam swapping to primary or to secondary (just never try it with heavy) and shooting immediately afterwards.

    Recently I was in someone else's stream and they were complaining about it too but didn't realize what exactly was going on. I will say I started noticing it at about the same time that the game started getting wonky with lag with a decent amount of frequency which I want to guesstimate was around a month or two ago.

    I don't know if it's just me (which only occurs in D2 at that and only recently) but am curious if anyone else has seen this occur when they play.

    submitted by /u/_tOOn_
    [link] [comments]

    “But offering something for free to new players does not take anything away from the players that already own it.” P. Tassi. - But you don’t actually own anything, you purchased a software licence

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Players really should make themselves aware of what they accept when they click "I Agree".

    LIMITED USE LICENSE: Bungie grants you the non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, limited right and license to install and use one copy of this Program solely for your non-commercial use. All rights not specifically granted are reserved by Bungie. The Program is licensed, not sold, for your use. Your license confers no title or ownership in this Program.

    Software is not hardware.

    submitted by /u/G3vanB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment