• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 27, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-09-27]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-09-27]


    Daily Questions [2020-09-27]

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Headcannon: Every Guardian's jumpship contains a waffle iron

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Despite the fact that the Light can keep a Guardian sated, eating is still a comforting ritual to participate in before or after battle. It helps keep one grounded in reality, and serves as entertainment for the senses. Plus, not all jumpship operators are Risen. Jumpships are small, from what we can tell. Just enough space for a single pilot and their Ghost, so any cooking apparatus aboard must be small and multi-functional. And while some may argue that an electric kettle is the more likely cooking device for a small inner-solar system spacecraft, I argue that the waffle iron is an even better tool for the job.

    Picture it: early morning in the Tower, and you take off for Io to make sure the Taken haven't gotten any new bright ideas. Having launched before breakfast, you'll just have to make do along the way. A quick mix of flour, sugar, powdered milk, vegetable oil, water, baking powder, and an egg from the jumpship's cooler, whipped up in a bowl, and poured into your greased waffle iron. About three minutes later, out comes a couple waffles which you enjoy with some fruit preserves.

    Hours later, and you're flying like a bat out of hell for Mercury for a few Crucible matches. It would, of course, be nice to have a little something to eat before you get there. No problem! Just rehydrate some potato flakes, add some garlic powder, paprika, and an egg, and spoon it out into the lubed-up iron. Five minutes later, you pull out a perfectly fried potato waffle, to be served with your choice of tomato ketchup or red salsa.

    As the day draws to a close and you imagine the comfort of your dormitory bed in the Tower, you make your way back to your jumpship for the trip back home. Sadly, the Vanguard has other ideas and diverts you to Mars for an emergency supply run. Oh, well. At least you came prepared for this. Out of the cooler comes some meat; a gift from the Drifter. Knowing him, it's most likely the core muscles of a Red Legion soldier. You try not to think too much about it now. Sliced thin so it cooks fast, the meat (rubbed with vegetable oil) goes into the waffle iron as you prepare some vegetables (yellow squash today) and a batter like the one used in the morning waffles, except less sugar. When the meat's done, you remove the slices from the iron, and throw in your cubes of squash to get a head start. After a minute or two, in goes the batter, encasing the squash cubes in bread. The waffle is done and the meat is perfectly rested, and because the waffle has less sugar, it's not as crispy or brittle, so you can wrap it burrito-like around the meat. A little green salsa, and you have yourself a delicious waffle taco to keep you warm on the cold Martian surface.

    Truly, the waffle iron is the perfect cooking appliance for the dashboard of a jumpship. Small, collapsible, relatively easy to clean, and because it heats the food from two surfaces at once, and both surfaces have a high surface area due to the waffle grid pattern, the food cooks fast. And as we can see in the recipes above, it's not a one trick pony. It makes more than just sweet breakfast treats. It's a true multitasker capable of lunch, dinner, and dessert as well. Truly, this must be the way our Guardians get grub on the go!

    submitted by /u/scienceguy8
    [link] [comments]

    A Friend of Mine Wanted a Lumina, So I Made Him One

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    I like to 3D print and paint cosplay weapons but most of my stuff has been Destiny handcannons. Thought you guys would appreciate this Lumina. The trigger and hammer are spring loaded and the cylinder rotates outward.

    Here's an album of the build: http://imgur.com/a/xRhUHHm

    This was one of the most complex assemblies I've done so far and was more challenging than my Malfeasance.

    Anyways, enjoy and let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/thesqueakywheel
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like a new Halloween themed weapon that’s not an auto rifle...maybe a super elaborate looking hand cannon

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    Maybe the perks could be explosive payload and rampage, or unrelenting and subsistence, or killing wind swashbuckler... or maybe a perk that belongs to another weapon type entirely, like archers tempo which would make rate of fire increase if you land precision shots.

    or a unique one... timed payload and another one where if timed payload damage kills an enemy it increases timed payloads damage... like rampage for timed payload damage? Call it vampiric siphon...

    And it could have a bunch of claws/teeth/fur (like a werewolf theme)...

    Or maybe look like this:

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/1e/78/481e78171f6a60be7aa3a08ad0903f1b.jpg

    submitted by /u/Seanshineyouth
    [link] [comments]

    * SPOILER* the three season of arrival exotic ornaments are being sold next week.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    They are the nighthawk : HRAFNAGUD Hallowfire heart: Arcturus Engine TRANSVERSIVE STEPS : Path to convergence P.s. today in destiny is where i found out They have every week

    submitted by /u/BOI-906
    [link] [comments]

    With some small changes Deathbringer could be a very viable heavy.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    So like many, I loved deathbringer when it first came out. It was an awesome design and a very unique weapon. However it became apparent quickly that it just didn't shine in any activity. Not saying it's bad, but could be better.

    I think that a very easy way to give this gun a place in the meta is to simply increase the projectile speed on launch and make the orbs drop faster and with better tracking. The issue now is that the gun relies on the long distance drop for additional damage but is incredibly unforgiving when you attempt those high altitude shots.

    Happy to hear other suggestions.

    submitted by /u/ProbablyTitanMain
    [link] [comments]

    After a year of off and on grinding, I finally finished the entire, absolutely complete black armory set!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/IXFm2kK

    Edit: This drew much more attention that I expected, if you have any questions about Niobe labs, or the Scourge of the Past challenges feel free to message me and I'll answer as best I can!

    submitted by /u/addacbar
    [link] [comments]

    Make sure you get your Fallen Mods this season.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    With Scourge of the Past leaving us next season(sad face) and Europa and the Cosmodrome being overrun with Fallen, make sure you get your scooter checkpoints done and loot the chest to get the Fallen mods since there will be relevant armor sets that can support those mods.

    Farmaments (Fallen Aarmaments) and Farrier (Fallen Barrier) will be super useful in the highly likely event that the new raid is Fallen or even anywhere Fallen are present. I personally really like Frepurposing (Fallen Repurposing) because even in Grandmasters when you take down a Barrier Champion's shield, it counts as a shield break and fully charges your grenade, that's a great combo with Oppressive Darkness or even just if you want your grenade, because let's be honest, we always want a grenade. Finvigoration (Fallen Invigoration) is good too, anything with an orange or yellow health bar gives you back your class ability, I've found that super useful on a Hunter running a high-invisibility build.

    MAKE SURE YOU GET THE FODS (Fallen Mods). Also, thanks for putting up with my portmanteaus of mod names.

    submitted by /u/Birdo-the-Besto
    [link] [comments]

    Who's still using Traveler's Chosen for pretty much everything?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    I've been using Surprise Attack + Mechaneers Tricksleeves on my Hunter since the sidearm became available and it's very hard to swap off it (except for Ordeal Nightfall's). Combining it with First In Last Out and Falling Guillotine. It's constant uptime on my abilities.

    submitted by /u/AaronMT
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie whyy are patrol vehicles (pikes, interceptors, etc.) worse than using actual guns?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    I don't know if this is a result of guns in general rising in power or the vehicles themselves being nerfed out of existence.

    Vehicles should be fun to use! the first mission of the shadowkeep campaign shows you exactly what kind of power you could wield by using one!

    submitted by /u/Mr_Golden_Nova
    [link] [comments]

    Vicarious Visions designer about working on Destiny content

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    There is a new video where VV devs react to Tony hawk speedrun and during it one of the designers remembered their work on Destiny. It is a little snippet but i think u will enjoy it. it made me happy and
    abit sad at the same time.

    https://youtu.be/PtMia6k5gGY?t=363 (tried to make a timestamp link but if it doesn't work the time is 6 min 03-05 seconds)

    submitted by /u/SpanCCakE
    [link] [comments]

    Prophecy Solo Flawless was one of my favorite Destiny experiences. Here's my journey and encounter/loadout tips.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Just got it done. Man, what an exhilarating experience! My heart was racing during the final encounter. I have to say, this ended up being one of the most rewarding Destiny experiences I've had and I will be keeping this emblem on for a long, long time.

    Soloing Prophecy was one of the few activities that truly rewarded my past effort: grinding for taken and hive mods, getting Mountaintop and Anarchy and a bunch of other super helpful gear, leveling up this season, grinding for lots of armor, etc. All that stuff paid off because the experience was so intensely difficult that I needed every edge I could get. And, of course, learning and conquering the dungeon itself was super rewarding. My personal skill growth was quite significant in a short amount of time.

    If you are at all tempted by that sweet emblem, I encourage you to read up on strategies and give that first dungeon encounter a try. If you can stick with it and finish it, that means you have the potential to solo it all.

    A big part of this is the belief that you can even do it. Soloing content requires different strategies and a fair amount of patience. I had to go on a bit of a mental journey to get it done. For those curious, I'll share how my progression went in the next section. Skip that and read the following section if you'd just like to see what strategies and gear I used.

    ----------------------

    From Impossible to Done in a Month

    A month ago, I was made curious by the solo prophecy posts here that I decided to give it a a tentative try. I didn't read up on any strategies and just dove in the Phalanx Echo encounter. After about 2 or so hours or trying and not even getting close, I concluded that the task was impossible and set it aside.

    Maybe a week later, I was in running Shattered Throne solo just to gather Ahamkahra bones for my seal. I eventually realized that I was fairly well into it and that a solo completion w/ deaths would net met me a sweet emblem. So I stuck it out, died a bunch, and kept pressing forward. I hit a brick wall with Vorgeth, so I stopped and read up on strategies for that encounter. It was HARD, but I improved a lot just by trying it over and over and really optimizing my loadout, movement and target prioritization. I think in the end it took about 4-5 hours for me to complete the dungeon.

    I got a rush from that accomplishment and started to reconsider a solo, non-flawless run for Prophecy. I later read up on strategies and decided to give it another try. To my surprise, I was able to clear the 1st encounter after a few attempts, a night and day difference from my past performance. My Shattered Throne experience + proper mod usage + new knowledge of encounter strategies was hugely impactful and transformed the experience. After another 4-5 hours, I finished it all and got my sweet prophetic bunny ghost.

    At that point, I KNEW I had to go for my flawless. All the ingredients were in place. I just needed to execute with consistency. I went for it 2 weeks later.

    On my first flawless attempt, I got up the final encounter without dying but quickly choked. My memory was a bit hazy on the final encounter specifics, and I paid dearly for it. I realized that I needed to practice this section a few times rather than try repeated runs from the start, so I ran it a couple times for practice. I highly recommend running each dungeon encounter multiple times until you can clear it with some degree of comfort.

    My second flawless attempt ended when I fell into a pit in the Cube. Kind of a freak accident, but I was careful to make note of any depressions from that point forward.

    My third attempt took me to the Kell Echo fight again, but I quickly died during the 1st DPS phase. I was surprised as I hadn't had that issue before. I realized that I wasn't sufficiently prioritizing survivability, which is what you need in that fight with multiple DPS phases. I ran the encounter 3 more times for practice, until eventually settling upon a more comfortable rhythm in the DPS corridor section by always targeting the snipers first.

    My fourth attempt was the one where everything came together. My new approach for the boss worked, and I got it done in three damage phases. Simply an amazing feeling. My body was vibrating.

    -----------------------------

    Strategies for a Solo Warlock

    Many of these approaches have been widely reported. I made some minor modifications from things I read to suit my playstyle.

    Armor:

    • 3 Legendaries that accept Taken Mods
    • 1 Legendary that accepts Hive Mods
    • Transversive Steps for faster sprint and reloads while running

    I did use other pieces like Phoenix Protocol and Nezrec's Sin in past runs, but I found them unnecessary and liked not having to change my armor in the middle of the run.

    Mods:

    • Concussive Dampener x2
    • Major Resist x2
    • Boss Resist x1
    • Special Ammo or Grenade Launcher Ammo Finder x2
    • Enhanced Grenade Launcher Loader
    • Enhanced Bow Loader
    • Grenade Launcher Reserves x2
    • Grenade Launcher Scavenger x2
    • Recuperation
    • Oppressive Darkness
    • Taken Armaments (absolutely necessary for heavy regen)
    • Taken Barrier
    • Hive Barrier (stacks with Taken barrier for Taken Knight damage, hugely beneficial)
    • Taken Repurposing (can be useful for getting grenades back on finishers, not needed though).
    • Taken Spec (best weapon bonus damage mod - use on all weapons)

    Class Ability: Healing Rift (always)

    Grenade: Vortex or Solar Grenade

    Jump: Strafe Glide - useful for trying to stay alive when knocked off a platform or during the rainbow road sequence.

    Phalanx Echo

    • Middle Tree Dawnblade
    • Weapons: Mountaintop, Trinity Ghoul w/ catalyst, Falling Guillotine
    • Mountaintop was my primary weapon for killing Taken Knights. With Taken Spec and Spike Grenades, knights go down in two hits. Get used to aiming accurately with it and learning how to pop off quick shots. This weapon gives us a big advantage in the final season before it gets sunset, so use it!
    • Trinity Ghoul is the hero of this dungeon. I tried a number of different weapon combinations, but Trinity was the one that allowed me to reliably tame each encounter. Its ad clear ease of use lets you focus on positioning and movement to stay alive while easily clearing out weak enemies. There are lots of rooms that begin in a chaotic state, and this weapon lets you get it under control. For extra reliability, always try to keep your bow in a charged state so you can take out groups the moment they spawn.
    • Falling Guillotine is used in this encounter to 1-phase the boss. Just pop a well and go to town on him. Don't worry about the ads trying to shield the boss. As long as you are within your well's bounds, you'll continue to do full damage on him.
    • Healing nades will keep you alive in this section.
    • Always keep moving and keep your distance from the Phalanx, as getting stomped off the platform is a common way to die in the beginning.
    • Prioritize the ads first and clear them with Trinity. If you need it, kill one of the knights early on to give yourself some breathing room.
    • If you are low on health and don't have a healing nade, run and stand behind one of the large walls around the rim of the platform. Jump up to its top if you are being chased. The time it takes to run behind one and rise to the top is often enough to get back some critical health.
    • Always run behind a large wall and jump to its top before trying to cleanse a light/dark pillar that is at high elevation. Much safer this way.
    • The moment you've cleared all four pillars, rush to the boss and throw down and well and go to town. You should be able to comfortably 1-phase.

    The Wasteland

    • Bottom Tree Voidwalker
    • Weapons: Whispering Slab w/ Demolitionist, Gnawing Hunger w/ Demolitionist, Xenophage
    • Whispering Slab is used to take out the distant snipers, but feel free to sub in any other kinetic bow. In each of the sections, always prioritize the snipers first.
    • After that, proc Devour by consuming your grenade and kill the thralls. Throw grenades as often as you need to proc Armaments and refill your heavy ammo.
    • Anytime one of the majors comes into view, quickly take them out with Xenophage.
    • If one of the giant invisible guys wanders close to a blighted area, peel off from the main engagement and find a safe spot to Xenophage it to death. This isn't strictly necessary, but does bring peace of mind to know you have one less thing to deal with.
    • Once everyone is mopped up, take out the blights and then move on to the next section.
    • That's basically it. This section is pretty easy once you know what to do. Just remember not to get too excited and die by taking your sparrow out of bounds. I made that mistake once.

    The Hexahedron

    • Bottom Tree Voidwalker
    • Weapons: Mountaintop, Trinity Ghoul, Grenade Launcher w/ Auto-Loading Holster
    • There are different heavies that can work fine here, but I liked grenade launchers as they allowed me to keep distance from my enemies while having decent damage output. Auto-loading holster lets you focus on moving to safe locations rather than manually reloading.
    • Proc Devour as enemies spawn into the room. Immediately take out all ads with Trinity Ghoul. Focus on them first.
    • Take cover to ensure that the snipers above can't get you. It's ok to pause and take them out with Mountaintop as long as the ad situation on the ground floor is under control.
    • Each time you take out a sniper, a taken knight spawns. Each time you take out a taken knight, a sniper spawns above. After you eliminate the ads, kill both snipers. Knights are easier to dodge.
    • Use Mountaintop to take out the knights. After you take out one of them, kill the next sniper that spawns in. Another knight will spawn in, but again, he's much easier to handle than a sniper. Gather the fallen motes.
    • Kill the next knight. If another wave of ads spawns in before this, take them out first before killing the knight. Every time ads spawn in, consume a grenade to proc Devour. It won't always feel necessary, but is a good safety measure. Of course, use Devour anytime your health starts to get low.
    • Grab the remaining motes and cleanse the light/dark pillar. Rinse and repeat for each room.
    • When facing the Centurion Echos, immediately throw a super at 1 and a grenade launcher shot or two to take it out quickly. After you do this, ads will spawn in.
    • Proc Devour and take out all the ads with Trinity while also shooting down any seeking orbs sent by the Centurion.
    • Once the way is clear, launch heavy grenades at the remaining Centurion until it is dead.

    Rainbow Road

    • Top Tree Dawnblade
    • Weapons: Mountaintop, Any Energy Bow, Xenophage
    • Your bow will do most of the heavy lifting here. Clear out any enemies you see from a safe distance. If you take any of the platform paths, use Xenophage to clear out any of the trickier foes quickly, or use Mountaintop if heavy ammo is low.
    • There are many ways through this. I ended up taking the ribbon road on my sparrow without ever boosting. I'd stop along the way to clear any ads I see on platforms.
    • Once I got to the point in which the ribbon road corkscrews, I got off the road and took the platforms the rest of the way down.
    • Dawnblade gives you some room for error. Between eating your grenade for enhanced flight, aerial dodges and your super, you have some extra chance at survival if you fall of an edge.

    Kell Echo

    • Bottom Tree Voidwalker
    • Weapons (First Room): Mountaintop, Trinity Ghoul, Falling Guillotine
    • Weapons (DPS Phase): Mountaintop, Any Energy Bow, Anarchy
    • Mountaintop is for the Taken Knights. Trinity Ghoul is for the ads. Falling Guillotine is for quickly taking out the Ogres or Knights.
    • The room is very chaotic to start, so you need to bring it under control ASAP. As enemies begin to spawn in, eat a grenade to proc Devour. Position yourself next to a knight spawn location and instantly take it out as it appears to give yourself some breathing room.
    • Immediately run to one of the sides of the room for better cover, but generally keep moving. Use Trinity Ghoul to now take out ads. Clear the room of all ads next.
    • Two Knights remain. Kill them and cleanse the next light/dark pillar. If you mess up and get the wrong type of mote, just keep calm and get ready to do it all over again. You will be in a much better position to take care of threats as they spawn in, anyway.
    • After cleansing a light/dark pillar, quickly put yourself behind some nearby cover and stay out of the way of enemy fire. As the ogre spawns in, instantly use a sword heavy attack to kill it.
    • Now that this corner has been cleansed, use it as a safe point. Continue this process for the rest of the room until all 3 light/dark pillars have been cleansed.
    • Switch your weapons for DPS phase. Wait for ads to spawn back in and kill them with grenades to proc Armaments and get your Anarchy ammo up. Do this until your ammo is full. I often use Gnawing Hunger w/ demolitionist to get my grenade back quicker here (just don't forget to switch back to an energy bow when you're done). You can also finish any ads here with Taken Repurposing to get your grenade back instantly, but only do that if you can isolate your target.
    • Wait for your grenade, rift and super to be fully charged before jumping on to the central platform.
    • As you land and see the boss in the distance, jump forward and throw a grenade to proc Oppressive Darkness. Before you land, also throw your super.
    • Land and jump to the platform on your left. Pop off two anarchy shots on the boss and immediately throw down your healing rift.
    • Strafe left and right to dodge his fire while shooting Mountaintop. When Anarchy expires, fire off 2 more shots. Try to be consistent with this, as this tick damage is hugely beneficial. Always try to get some anarchy shots on the boss before he teleports.
    • The moment the snipers spawn in on the platforms ahead, take them out with your bow. ALWAYS prioritize them first to make your DPS phases less prone to sudden deaths.
    • Keep up with the Kell, firing Mountaintop and Anarchy at him at all times so long as snipers are down. Take cover behind any raised walls to avoid being teleported by his attack.
    • If you do get teleported, wait a moment until you get your bearings before running forward. You can easily fall off an edge if you hold run during the process.
    • If you are ready for him as he appears at a new platform, throw a grenade to take advantage of oppressive darkness for extra damage.
    • When running from one platform to the next, use Tranversive Steps to keep Anarchy loaded. Whenever you see Anarchy run low, take one running step forward and then jump to the next platform. Your air hang time will count as "running" and will result in Anarchy being reloaded.
    • After he teleports away on the final platform, switch to your original loadout and wait for your grenade and class ability to recharge before teleporting back to the first room.
    • If you do this correctly, you should be able to comfortably do this in three damage phases. If you need to go longer, that's not a problem. Never do anything risky to try and do extra damage on the boss. Survivability and consistency is the most important.
    • Take deep breaths and tell yourself you can do it. If you can make it this far, you absolutely can solo flawless this dungeon. If you find yourself having inconsistent performance on this encounter or any other one, do practice runs and focus on survivability and consistent, repeatable strategies. That was my key for getting it done.

    TLDR: I loved this experience and had to write about it. Hopefully some of the above is useful or may inspire others to give solo flawless a try as well.

    submitted by /u/Gawesome
    [link] [comments]

    Change Chaos Reach Camera Angle

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    It takes way too much of your field of view. I can't see 40% of my screen because of my own character and the particles.

    This woukd be a great quality of life improvement

    submitted by /u/YourUberDriverIsHere
    [link] [comments]

    I 'recreated' a song with only exotic weapons

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Bungie's sound department does not mess around. Every exotic weapon in Destiny 2 is so distinct from each other, that you can determine what is firing from just the audio alone. So, with that idea in mind, I thought it would be fun to cover a part of a song with nothing but exotic weapon sound effects.

    The original song is called, No Good, by Battle Tapes. This is my take on it with all things Destiny-related. I hope you enjoy it!

    https://youtu.be/UeP88lH09es

    submitted by /u/YeOldeApple
    [link] [comments]

    The Zero Hour speed run emblem is more accessible than ever. Here's how we got it on our second try

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    Most people consider Zero Hour to be one of the hardest activities in Destiny, especially on heroic. Enemy shields are ridiculously durable with match game, the route requires specific knowledge of exactly where to go, the checkpoints are brutal, the jumping puzzles are extremely precise, and the final boss fight requires a decent amount of advance planning and tight execution. It's a challenging activity, though it becomes a lot of fun once you start to get the hang of it.

    There is also a puzzle. If you do the puzzle once on each singe week (arc, solar, and void) you can unlock...an absolutely hideous ship (and advance your Outbreak catalyst faster). The puzzle requires you to use a cipher for each singe week. You have to complete 49 entries.

    There is also a secret emblem locked behind the triumph Expedited Exflitration. It requires completing Zero Hour on normal or on heroic with 5 minutes left on the 20 minute clock. The emblem is a gorgeous red, with stylized SIVA triangles all over it. Most people who try to do this attempt it on standard, hoping to just flawlessly rush through. That strategy is fine and it may work for you, but I have a better strategy: Do it on heroic. Why?

    • The triumph says to beat it with 5+ minutes on the clock, not to beat it in 15 minutes.
    • Heroic allows you to do the puzzle. Each puzzle entry adds 15 seconds to the clock.

    So here's what you do.

    You run through Zero Hour heroic on your singe week of choice. I like void, which is this week, because it makes Guillotine hit extra hard and because the only void damage in the boss fight is from the servitors, who are gonna die VERY fast.

    Two people run normally, as fast as possible. This still requires some mastery of Zero Hour. You don't have to be perfect, but shoot for 3 mistakes or less. We had four and just barely succeeded.

    The third person gets all the keycards for the puzzle and will likely be slightly behind the other two.

    When you get to the boss room, you should shoot for 7+ minutes on the clock. Your two leads are gonna dive in and go to town killing adds. We ran a nighstalker and a top tree dawnblade (me, because that icarus dash really helps with the jumping). I ran a sniper, Hard Light, and Falling Guillotine. The nightstalker opens up on the first servitor with super, then you get the left side arc shanks then the dawnblade supers on the second servitor to nuke those solar shanks.

    The third person stays in the puzzle room and does the puzzle by themselves. High mobility, sprint speed exotics, whatever you need to move faster. Their only job is to slow down the clock by putting in puzzle solutions. You can buy several minutes of extra time by doing this.

    As long as the clock is above 5 minutes, just nuke everything as quickly as possible and you're good!

    Some general tips:

    • Guillotine is king, even outside of void week
    • Swords in general are great because they can help with jumping
    • Top tree Dawnblade feels like cheating. It's unequivocally the best subclass and tree for Zero Hour
    • Arbalest is commonly recommended and it's solid, but it runs out of ammo quickly. It does one-shot shielded shanks of every element
    • Hard Light was easily my MVP weapon. Two of us ran it and the third ran Witherhoard to blast the boss fight walkers
    • Having one person dedicated to vandals and tracer shanks in the first few rooms speeds things up

    GOOD LUCK, GUARDIAN. YOU GOT THIS

    submitted by /u/rxninja
    [link] [comments]

    Of all the ways for my solo flawless attempt to fail, this is the worst.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/TxLgim2

    My soul has left my body. Please send help.

    submitted by /u/UnconcernedPuma
    [link] [comments]

    I highly encourge everyone to try Niobe Labs

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    After nearly 2 years of putting it off, I got 2 friends together and gave it a go. After nearly 3 hours and numerous wipes we walked out victorious. Man is the encounter a beautiful design with the difficulty in the mechanics and time management and not just getting slammed by overpowered enemies.

    It also forces you to get creative with your loadout since you have to spread out the black armory weapons needed for the puzzles but still need to be efficient with your dps and add clearing while managing your ammo. Falling Guillotine was not the answer for once.

    It is sadly getting vaulted so I encourage you look up a puzzle guide and give it a go while you still can if you are looking for that challenging content.

    submitted by /u/JakexDx
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5 the new destiny “Physics Host” changes.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    I have a very small brain and could not comprehend what bungie said in the TWAB. Will this change the game drastically or is it a subtle around the corner kind of a change. What do these changes mean for my everyday gameplay?

    submitted by /u/takenriven
    [link] [comments]

    Please stop telling people to convert Prisms to Cores

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    I guess some YouTuber made a video that was like, hey if you maxed out on Prisms during Double Loot Ordeal Week, you can something something blue armor and get 3 masterwork cores for every Prism.

    Full stop, this is stupid as hell.

    That conversion rate is atrocious and cores are insanely easy to get. And you will be short on prisms and shards before you know it, and you'd much rather be working for cores now than those mats later.

    There's a reason we spent time grinding for enhancement materials - and it wasn't so we could throw over half of them away by converting them to other, inferior materials. I mean. Again: you spent time grinding Lake of Shadows just to throw half your Prisms away to make Cores? What the hell, people.

    Here are some ways to get cores - you can get hundreds a week, and more are always available 24/7 no matter who you are or how you play:

    - 4 a day on each character from Banshee bounties. Takes minutes. That's 84 a week if you can find a half hour a day.

    - Run Pit on each character, total time investment 2.5 hours max once you get the hang of it and a good team. Dismantle the armor and get 6 cores + 6 prisms each time.

    - Just play! All purple gear that dismantles can turn into a core. I feel like seasonal (Umbral stuff this season) and endgame content tends to have better chances, but who knows exactly. But yeah, just keep going and keep sharding and cores will just appear. More than you realize.

    - If you play regularly you have thousands of legendary shards - I hover around 12,000 - so every day fly to Spider and buy two or three cores.

    -Hope they fix Hawthrone's clan rewards, until two resets ago that was a free 21 a week just for playing.

    - Are you one of those players that never pops their Finest Matterweaves? Why? Don't. Pop them! Free cores.

    - Redeem gunsmith mats, Zavala tokens, Shaxx tokens, and shard the drops. You get a core about 1/5 times, and all give you more mats and shards for more Gunsmith and Spider spending.

    - Go through your Vault and thrash anything MW'd you don't need anymore. Don't be a hoarder, especially with Y1 weapons or armor.

    submitted by /u/mistersmith_22
    [link] [comments]

    I Made an 8-bit Remix of Queen's Oracle from the Forsaken OST

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQNV8j7oEQ

    I got a few requests for this one, and I loved how it turned out. I hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/NeptuneEDM
    [link] [comments]

    Shadowkeep final mission, why was the ending so abrupt?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Replaying the campaign missions, and I gotta say the pyramid mission was building up to something epic and just fell flat.

    Entering the Pyramid only to fight reskinned bosses and then see a mini traveler drop from the center only for a cutscene where we talk to ourselves is meh. I was expecting a new boss at the end or something. Like the Voice of Riven boss at the ending of Forsaken.

    submitted by /u/TheCoolestMan2000
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite shader that isn’t the Calus one?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Spreadsheet for all Hand Cannons that will come to Beyond Light sorted by range.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Hi,

    It's my first time making a spreadsheet for destiny 2,

    All listed weapons are sorted by Range, and will come to Beyond Light.

    If you find anything incorrect please tell me to fix it immediately.

    Hope you like it guys!

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1we_fbEB1a1GFyBrjGSWt0Te82JqYfRPtE438_uORzzw/edit?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/a7m2dz
    [link] [comments]

    Stacks of surprise attack dodge reloaded with The Dragon’s Shadow gives infinite charged magazine as long as Wraithmetal Mail remains active.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    So basically 10 seconds of double damage with your sidearm and then the stacks start to be used once the exotic perk ends. Set this up with Swift Charge and Taking Charge and at least 50 mobility (since TDS grants 50 mobility). Nice build for a hunter.

    submitted by /u/ricebowl-downhill
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment