• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-10-05]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-10-05]


    Daily Questions [2020-10-05]

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Why the golf ball is called a shard when is obviously a core, and the enhancement "core" when is looks like a shard?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Did they messed up the names?

    submitted by /u/Jpebrz_
    [link] [comments]

    I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment when it comes to what people expect of BL.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    I see a lot of posts or comments about how people expect BL to have as much content as they're removing or pretty much replace what they are removing.

    I think that's way too much to expect of a single DLC. Not to mention it would just create the same issue we have now, next year. They'd have to remove content to make space and we would hear the same "This better have enough to replace what we are losing" and it would continue each year.

    I pretty much look as this as though it's essentially what would have been D3 - barebones and leaving room for the next 3 years of DLC and seasonal content.

    I don't disagree with the points being made about the pricing being more than Shadowkeep but not including the season pass. This makes me think that it will definitely be bigger than Shadowkeep and possibly along the lines of Forsaken. However I just think that expecting them to replace everything is unreasonable and counterproductive to what they're trying to do.

    submitted by /u/Lyrcmck
    [link] [comments]

    Could we get a visual indicator that Auto-Loading Holster has activated rather than just a sound indicator?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Sometimes it's hard to know if my weapon is ready after being holstered especially with all the chaos that is going on around you sometimes. A visual indicator I believe would be a great QOL change.

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/RomanValor
    [link] [comments]

    I did it. After 165 games and a 23% win rate, I obtained all the Trials armor.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    On the plus side, I'm far more comfortable with LFG now and have some excellent sets ready for universal ornaments when it's ready.

    On the other, I think Reckoner was more fun.

    https://imgur.com/a/EwQkTqb

    submitted by /u/HappyJaguar
    [link] [comments]

    I wish there were more reloading variations for guns.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    With the exception of a few exotics, every weapon archetype reloads the same way. Hand cannons have their cylinder flipped out and emptied, shotguns are all pump-action and loaded through the underside, pulse rifles and scout rifles are both bullpups, etc. There are some exceptions of course, like the previously mentioned exotics, but Veist also has some unique animations, at least with their SMGs.

    It would be sweet to have some breech loaded double-barrel shotguns, top-break or fixed-cylinder hand cannons, side-loading SMGs (Sten guns), drum-fed autorifles, etc.

    submitted by /u/off-and-on
    [link] [comments]

    Picked up Destiny 2 on Gamepass. Where is the main campaign?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Why is it so hard to find and follow to main story line? When I played Destiny, there was a campaign that you could easily follow. Now everything is just unlocked and I've got no idea what order things are supposed to be in. I beat a giant worm on Mars, looked it up and apparently that's from the second expansion.

    It's very strange to me that new players aren't given a clear campaign.

    submitted by /u/NotValid_123
    [link] [comments]

    For those trying to get Niobe Labs done and keep failing on the last puzzle...remove any seasonal mods from your weapons!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Myself and a couple friends were banging our heads against Niobe; we were using a combination of info from this thread and this thread. Note in the 2nd thread, the image doesn't list what to stand on for bypass 5, which may or may not be correct...we didn't risk it, and went with the list of places to stand listed in the first thread. I found the image/list in the 2nd thread way easier to digest and reference through, so YMMV.

    We got to the final puzzle maybe 7 or 8 times (and I might be low on that count) and kept wiping. We went through all the usual stuff; making sure we were on the right spots, making sure Fish got hit correctly, making sure we had the right elemental weapons, etc...it just was not working. We got really efficient at getting to the final puzzle, I can tell you that...

    At that point we were grasping for straws, and I noticed I had Overload Rounds on the arc handcannon I was using on the final puzzle (I was the bow user). I took that off, and on the next run through, it went smooth and finally took. I'm %95 sure the seasonal mod was messing with the hits, because that was literally the only material change we made in 3 or 4 tries at the final puzzle.

    So, heads up..if you're using something that can accept a seasonal artifact mod, remove it...just in case. None of them will really help you in there, anyway. Hopefully this saves someone from having to run it 10+ times and banging their head against the wall..

    Edited, thank you for the gifts!

    submitted by /u/dE_livE
    [link] [comments]

    With Warden of Nothing staying, and a 110 buff coming next season, it would have been nice to have Wardens Law update to Season of Arrivals power cap.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    I feel like it never got a chance to shine. It's a unique weapon and the curated roll is fun.

    submitted by /u/OmNomShivan
    [link] [comments]

    Banshee is selling the Light of the Fire mod from Season of the Worthy

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Description: Rapidly defeating targets with the detonation of a Warmind Cell generates an Orb of Light.

    submitted by /u/JukeBoxHero1997
    [link] [comments]

    Whisper of the Worm should get bigger the more you use it

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    I said what I said.

    The gun is made of a Hive god that you feed kills to. It is a growing boy, and it should reflect that in it's appearance. Give me big boy WotW.

    submitted by /u/Zeniphyre
    [link] [comments]

    4K Screenshots/Wallpapers - DCV Zones

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Had a bit of time on my hands yesterday and I took the time to take some photos of the areas that will be leaving in a few weeks. I'm pretty satisfied with the results! Feel free to use these in whatever way you'd like.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/fAafPtw

    Side note - this is also my first time posting to Imgur. If there's anything that could be handled a bit better if I make posts in the future, please let me know!

    submitted by /u/Deckels
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Lord Saladin hate merciless?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Because he hates letting games end without a mercy rule.

    submitted by /u/FlickrFade
    [link] [comments]

    It’s odd that Bungie hasn’t talked much about the Cosmodrome returning in Beyond Light

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Just had this thought last night that we haven't been given much insight into what we are getting with the Cosmodrome returning.

    Will it be the post SIVA crisis Cosmodrome? Will it include the Plaguelands?

    Also, will there be narratively viable reasons for returning strike bosses like Omnigul (hive resurrection maybe?)

    I get it that Europa, being a brand new destination, would be a focus for marketing and whatnot, but nevertheless I am curious to what state we will find the Cosmodrome in Beyond Light.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/jokerjoust
    [link] [comments]

    A Gun’s Masterwork Level Should Increase With Use

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Back in D1, guns wouldn't have their perks unlocked by default; we had to level up the guns with experience or motes of light to unlock their full potential. D2 moved away from that method and introduced the Masterwork system. I feel like the two systems could be combined in a way that brings back the feeling of leveling up your guns without having to sacrifice your perks: Just make the masterwork tier level up with kills or experience.

    How many players among us actually invest into their masterwork, but DONT bring it to level 10? I don't believe I have EVER taken a gun, looked at the masterwork roll, and thought "this is good enough to bring to masterwork level 6, but I'm not ready for 10 yet."

    Maybe at level 9, you'd have to spend some materials to reach level 10, where your gun can start making masterwork orbs. Taking a gun from level 3 to level 9 would obviously take some time, but that would be an investment in fun. You'd be taking a gun that you have enjoyed using enough to get it to level 9, and cap-stoning it's progression by masterworking it.

    I know the argument of sunsetting would throw a wrench in this plan, but starting in Beyond Light, sunsetting would occur only about once a year. That's plenty of time to grind out your favorite gun. Perhaps to lessen the pain of sunsetting, Banshee-44 could allow you to reroll your masterwork for some glimmer, shards, planet mats, and enhancement cores.

    TL;DR - Masterwork level should move up over time with use, and then use Enhancement Cores to bring it from level 9 to level 10

    submitted by /u/d1lordofwolves
    [link] [comments]

    Found a vid that does size comparisons for for fictional space structures. There's a few Destiny items here.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/aTPwbVqU6lc

    A neat vid here for sci-fi fans. The items I found really interesting were the Destiny ones. Especially if these measurements are accurate. I'm not sure if any official information has been released by Bungie, like a reference book or something.

    At 11.05 you can see the Leviathan, Almighty, and Dreadnaught in the same shot. Seeing structures the size of states, countries, and continents is a bit awe-inspiring.

    submitted by /u/AnonymousFriend80
    [link] [comments]

    Completing Iron Banner bounties should increase post-game rewards.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    Right now, Iron Banner is completely worthless once you're done with the bounties. There's no mistaking that. Rewards are minimal, even when you're always winning. Barely any items or tokens. Bounties are great and are the only reason I run Iron Banner across all three of my characters each time it comes around because I feel rewarded for my playtime. 725+ tokens for all the bounties across all my characters is a good reward, but then I'm done for the entire month.

    My idea is that each bounty turned in gives you a bonus loot multiplier, in which more tokens are earned, and you have a better chance at earning direct weapons and armor, increasing with each successful bounty.

    I think Iron Banner as a mode is currently flawed, but this would be a step in the right direction. Eventually, we should be able to choose between weapons and armor (for all vendors). Rotating game modes should be a thing. New armor inspired by the lavish sets we had in D1. We want loot, and we should be rewarded the longer we play.

    submitted by /u/Fulyen
    [link] [comments]

    I know the Leviathan is being Vaulted, bit I didn't expect them to remove the ENTIRE Leviathan...

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Calus saw the Darkness and noped the f outta here

    https://gfycat.com/definitesoftelkhound

    submitted by /u/MattChap
    [link] [comments]

    Ace of spades appreciation post

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Just got it after grabbing forsaken a few weeks ago. Boy have I been missing out. Just an awesome gun for pvp and pve. I don't even miss that extra 10 rpm after using dire all season. That's it, have a great day guardians.

    submitted by /u/notfreddiegibbs
    [link] [comments]

    My Vision of the Destiny 1 Crota’s End Raid (What I wish the scale of the underworld was like)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Um excuse me, Mr. Fusion Grenade...???

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    A (Long)Quick Tip on Solo Flawless Dungeons

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Good afternoon,

    I posted the other day about my solo flawless Prophecy completion, and said that although I felt there was enough reference material out there for everyone, I would post something if people wanted. My only motivation for even attempting the challenge was reading posts on this sub and how people really enjoyed their victory, so I decided to give it a shot. I read a few guides, and realized in the end that I should just do it my way, because the guides give you load outs and instructions but don't teach you how to learn the dungeon for yourself, in your style of play.

    So here are my tips, short and sweet

    Create a set of rules for yourself throughout each encounter that get you closer and closer to victory.

    For instance on Phalanx Echo, one of my rules was not to dunk motes if there was more than 1 Knight alive. This ensured that I never died to knights blasting my face off while i tried to panic mash the slam button.

    In the desert, I would kill every minotaur just to not have the chance of them randomly rushing and killing me.

    In the cube room, I would always kill both Knights at the same time.

    On Rainbow Road, I would not use my sparrow at all.

    On Kell Echo, I would prioritize hobgoblins over boss damage. I would only go to boss damage with full heavy ammo. I would do a complete mod/weapon check before re-entering the mote room.

    And finally, there are no enrage timers on any encounter. Do not rush the victory. No one cares if you 1 phased or 9 phased Kell Echo. You got your W. For me, it took 3 phases.

    I know this is probably common sense to most of you, but I still see a fair amount of players asking for help with the dungeon on the posts and in general across the Destiny 2 subreddits. Create a set of rules that establish the path to victory, and stick to them. If you want an in-depth guide I will edit this post but again, there is already a lot of reference material on this sub if you're looking for it. I'd be happy to offer any help I can.

    submitted by /u/daobear
    [link] [comments]

    Lord Shaxx holding his most prized possession, a platter of cheese!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    A few weeks back, I had entered an art contest hosted by the popular Destiny 2 YouTuber, Cheese Forever, and his pals on his discord server. My submission won first place and I won a Songs of Forsaken emblem! I hope you guys enjoy :D https://twitter.com/zekromius/status/1311871163845414913?s=20

    submitted by /u/Zekrom0822
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment