• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Catalysts

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Catalysts


    Focused Feedback: Catalysts

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    Focused Feedback is where we take the week to focus on a 'Hot Topic' discussed extensively around the Tower.

    We do this in order to consolidate Feedback, to get out all your ideas and issues surrounding the topic in one place for discussion and a source of feedback to the Vanguard.

    This Thread will be active until next week when a new topic is chosen for discussion

    Whilst Focused Feedback is active, ALL posts regarding 'Catalysts' following its posting will be removed and re-directed to this thread. Exceptions to this rule are as follows: New information / developments, Guides and general questions

    Any and all Feedback on the topic is welcome.

    Regular Sub rules apply so please try to keep the conversation on the topic of the thread and keep it civil between contrasting ideas

    A Wiki page - Focused Feedback - has also been created for the Sub as an archive for these topics going forward so they can be looked at by whoever may be interested or just a way to look through previous hot topics of the sub as time goes on.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-10-06]

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    I have no one to share this with, but I beat prophecy solo flawless after weeks of practice. I’m so happy!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Thank you bungie for this incredible piece of content. It's my favorite thing that you have released. The art and mechanics are amazing. Dungeons in general are incredible

    This is my first flawless anything and I really didn't think I was good enough originally, but I just kept practicing. I ran the dungeon a serious amounts of times, especially kell echo. I opted to jump off the ledge on practice runs to keep doing it. I didn't have any taken mods (I was hopeful I would get them this week) and I was shaking through the 2nd and 3rd Kell Echo phases... never taking that emblem off.

    Edit: Wow you all are awesome. Thank you so much for all of the responses and awards. This is an amazing day! I tried to reply to everyone, but this took off more than I thought it would. I copied and pasted my loadout into a comment for anyone looking.

    Edit 2: So many people responded. This is wild, I'm trying to reply to everyone I can. This is my high point of gaming and I really didn't expect a response like this, I just needed to say something here where I found most of my advice. Thank you all for the congratulations and awards. I'm sharing my tips and gratitude as much as I can.

    The main tips I can give are these: put on your favorite music and just start practicing. You will get through it. But as you learn mechanics and make a little progress, take a break and work on getting items that can help you. You may get flawless before you get the items or you may get the items just in time to help you. I got mountaintop this week and it absolutely helped. Every week I focused on trying to unlock something. Hive mods, taken mods (still going to keep farming them), enhanced mods, mountain top, masterworking gear, optimizing my stats, getting better rolls on my existing guns and gear. I didn't get through all of what I thought I needed, but as I became better at the dungeon it was also becoming just a little easier. Whenever I lost my flawless run, I practiced the spot that I failed over and over. I also made sure to close out my practice runs by completing it, solo. I started sherpaing for more practice and to get people through it. Each thing was progress. After getting the first bosses down perfectly for weeks, I started failing on the phalanx over and over. It felt like moving backwards, but it was actually the turning point I think. That was when I really started to fine tune all of my movements. That run, I just focused on completing it and correcting any little mistakes. That was the last run before I did flawless. And all of my little failures were running through my head. It was just the practice paying off. Stick with it, it can be really frustrating. It absolutely took me longer than most people, but everything will start clicking eventually and you will get through it.

    Tips - ——————————————————

    1.) leave 1 knight up during the phalanx boss

    2.) riskrunner is strong on the first boss, make sure it's equipped while picking up motes since it procs

    3.) Dont face tank the phalanx while using a sword, try to shift away from his shield. Especially on a hunter.

    4.) use the big double wall for most of your cover, but keep an eye on knights rushing you.

    5.) dont mountaintop a knight that is rushing you

    6.) clean up the psions, always. You may think leaving one up may be ok, but they multiply and they hurt. Don't pick up the 5th motes with psions up, finish them. You can always kill another knight.

    8.) Don't use your super immediately for the phalanx damage phase. Wait a few seconds. For a well lock, you can continue damaging through the shields. And for tether hunter you can also just passively kill anything with a shield on the phalanx if lucky and squeeze some extra damage.

    9.) in the cube use xeno and ikelos with global reach mod if you can. Warmind cells are amazing here. You get 1 for taking out one of the psion eye things and it can clear the room. If you don't have global reach, ive heard risk runner is great here too. Just make sure you have a way to quickly kill the knights and snipers.

    10.) without taken mods, 2 sniper shots at once can kill you instantly. For me that happened a few times. As a hunter invis to pick up motes, use them on plate and invis immediately. On lock use a rift on the plate right after depositing.

    11.) take advantage of the phases between bosses. Use it for ammo, getting abilities and supers back, and just pulling yourself together for a minute. Having those moments means you can use your super to save yourself.

    12.) as soon as you get in a new room for cube, find toland run to that plate and find the snipers and immediately xeno. They usually have line of sight on that plate, but sometimes one is right over it.

    13.) dont get greedy on the carpet road. It's easy to get yourself killed here by just being over confident. I found the best path was to take the carpet around the first pyramid and go into the one where all three carpets converge. Up to that point the drive is easy. There is a knight at the entrance of this one and it's good to snipe it. You can use it to take the platforms the full way.

    14.) Kell Echo is hard, because one of the main mechanics is controlling chaos. I wouldn't be afraid of going all out to get the room under controlling. You can prep anarchy shots for the first two knight spawns and stand in the light or dark that you need.

    15.) I highly recommend always clearing the back right corner, on the right when you enter, every time. It's the best defended and it usually has light and dark on it already. Then get the top one. That combination always felt safest.

    16.) For the damage phase, passively damaging the boss is ideal. Anarchy if you have it, witherhoard if not. You really want to only damage the boss a little bit on the first plate and then just tag the boss whenever you have a moment, but you don't get many. Your main damage phase will be after you kill the last two snipers.

    17.) Snipers are priority here. They are lethal. I had 2 shoot me at the end on one of my closest flawless attempts. One shot. You need to stay on top of them. Learn where the boss spawns and where the snipers spawn and create a path, which doesn't use the boss' plates and try to land on the snipers just as they spawn. You can go to the end where the last two spawn, a moment after they spawn and never get dark entropy high enough to be an issue. Once you have those snipers cleared, start damaging him. For me he was three teleports from his final spot.

    18.) wait to re-enter the add phase. Get your super. This is the most peaceful downtime, no adds.. but also the most stressful. Plan out how you will handle each room you may go in.

    19.)the add rooms after the first one, were the hardest parts for me. Some of them are tougher than others. But they aren't impossible. There is some cover, but you don't get much time to use it. I think you should use your super here right away. Do whatever you can to get a plate clear to get the room under control. I tried to use my super each time on my flawless run (tether), but I used it a little too early and it disappeared the moment the adds spawned.

    20.) don't underestimate hive mods. They are very useful here, they are easier to get (heroic menagerie), and while they won't proc from snipers and psions, they will protect you from knights. But the big one is that hive invigoration + knights dropping motes means you will have your class ability every time you are depositing. Incredible for hunters with sixth coyote and for warlock rifts.

    21.) Practice is the most important thing. For some of us, it takes a lot.

    I know this was a really long edit and probably not written very well, but a bunch of people asked for tips and I wanted to share something before I went to sleep. I'll try to neaten it up later. My build and more tips are also in the comments. Good luck, I hope you all get it and congrats to everyone that has already.

    Again, amazing job Bungie. This is why I love destiny. It was a challenge and it brought every part of the game together for me. (You really got me with that incredible trailer. It all started with me wanting to see that cool room before the carpet road.) I had a blast and I can't wait for beyond light.

    submitted by /u/Xodinz
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, strikes deserve fuller loot tables and better mechanics.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I know there's a new set (singular) shared between all playlist activities coming next season, but honestly that's nowhere near enough. Strikes should have their own set (not a shared set for all playlist activities), and each strike itself should have at least one weapon and one VERY unique enemy themed armor piece to pursue. Strikes are the heart and soul of the PVE experience. Raids are the pinnacle but a lot of players don't ever get there. They play strikes, and strikes compared to D1 have nowhere near the amount of TLC they need to make them as engaging and rewarding an activity as pvp is. Pvp by nature is a new experience nearly every game- bc the most intelligent AI (a real human) is always unpredictable. This is hard to achieve in strikes but man, we could really use a mixup- something like the remix missions we got for solstice one year- or more raid-like mechanics. But even then, pvp has a chance to drop a significant amount of cores on rank up— I could be wrong but I haven't encountered that in strikes. You keep falling back on the "strike specific loot" thing but there hasn't been ANY new strike specific loot in a long time and a lot of what is there really hasn't been compelling for even longer than that. It's so not compelling that I can't even bring myself to play the evacuation quests... seriously these strikes are so played out I can't even bring myself to play them without saying "ugh I just feel like playing crucible", Even though I know travelers chosen is on the other end of it... it's literally an amazing gun, but I'm not a fan of sidearms and I certainly don't feel like sloughing through those strikes for it. I used to love strikes. Now I'm avoiding them. Please bungie, bring back the compelling rewards and interesting gameplay mechanics to what should be one of the highlight activities of the game- strikes.

    EDIT: when it comes to mechanics, I don't mean things that are harder for matchmade teams to do- I just meant I'm tired of stomps and immune-to-damage gates on bosses. The walls on the vex boss in the menagerie is a great example of something different and obvious for any team to pick up. But I'd also like to see a damage buff mechanic where completing an objective lets you fire a vex head at the boss which doesn't damage him but increases weapon damage for teammates or something (you could still burn him down regular, but even 1 player who knows the other mechanic is a boon to his whole team). How about a boss stun mechanic— where completing the objective stubs him increases the time window for DPS? How about acquiring a relic in the strike makes you invisible to the boss so you to access a hidden spot on his back to do a big chunk of damage.

    None of those are mechanics are mandatory, but they're fun for even 1 experienced player.

    What about "Heroicing" a strike like a secret objective heroics a public event. Extra chance at strike specific loot or even adept loot.

    submitted by /u/Seanshineyouth
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] "I got to love you twice." - 3840x2160px

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/VUdZPoP.jpg

    Just finished the lore book, "Black Armory Papers", and was moved by Ada-1's story. Thanks for checking it out!

    submitted by /u/inconnu_foto
    [link] [comments]

    Please, in Beyond Light make Crucible rewards more ... rewarding.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    I was playing Iron Banner over the course of this week and boy i am really dissapointed. Of course it always was like this but this week when i didnt touch pve content just got me pissed. The sacred "3 blue" items with a small chance of an actual purple IB drop is so unrewarding for those ppl, who loves to play pvp me included. As i remember IB was meant to be hi-end pvp but in comparison with hi-end pve for example, when u can farm Prophecy boss in under 10 minutes back to back and loot 2 purple items with high stats every time (ofc it can be weapons but you got the point), IB drops looks like a complete lackluster.

    The drop chance is low, like every 3-6 games i've barely seen any IB drop. IB token economy is also low, 3 to 5 tokens for lose/win is not that much, you need to win 4 games to get something (talon of the eagle ofc) for tokens when games lasts ~5-6 minutes + orbit wait time which no one counts.

    Crucible, especially Iron Banner cries for loot tables to be changed.

    submitted by /u/MikeVazovsky
    [link] [comments]

    A Retelling of Destiny 1 as a Book

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Many people have joined the community after Destiny 2, so chances are that they've completely missed out on the story of Destiny 1. However, the story in D1 was... disappointing at best. What it did, however, is create an amazing world full of interesting locations, characters, and lore.

    So, for the fun of it, I'm writing a book about the story of D1, but from the Guardian's perspective. How would a person feel if they were woken up from the dead, completely without memory, in hostile territory, fighting against a threat that's completely alien to them?

    With this, I wanted to explore those feelings, their reaction to what's happening, and inject some personality and lore into the story that took place during D1. I want the Guardian to be more than the mute, mindless soldier following orders that they are. I want to explore the day-to-day of the Guardian. The action, the downtime: just a Guardian's life in the Destiny universe through the events of D1.

    However, I'm not the best writer, so it might be rough in places. But I enjoy writing it, and if bad fanfiction is allowed on the internet, so is this garbage. I hope you'll get some enjoyment out of it as well, or at the very least laugh at how poorly written it is. Either way, a win in my book.

    I'll update on here or find a more permanent place for it if people seem interested. But for now, here's a short preview of the first few minutes of the D1.

    TL;DR Writing a retelling of the story of D1.

    Chapter 1 - Nothing.

    Darkness.

    No.

    Something different.

    Something... less.

    Nothing.

    How long has it been like this?

    Hard to tell.

    It feels like an eternity that passed by in an instant.

    Then…

    Something cuts through the nothing. Light. Like a jolt of lightning in the night, it burns away the nothing. Nothing that, for an instant, had something. No longer nothing. Just darkness now.

    Then I hear it. Sound. I hear something?

    "Guardian…"

    For the first time, I hear something. Sounds like a voice… calling out to someone.

    "Guardian?"

    Is it calling out to… me?

    Wait. Me? What am I?

    "Eyes up Guardian!"

    I jolt off of the ground, my hands holding my torso upright as I draw my lungs full as violently as a diver who thought he'd never take another breath again. I can't see, although my eyes are wide open; I'm blinded while my brain is struggling to grasp the concept of seeing after the darkness.

    The voice calls out to me. This time, I know it's talking to me.

    "It worked… You're alive!"

    My eyes are still blurry, but I see something floating in front of me. Its blue mechanical eye pierces through me.

    "You don't know how long I've been looking for you."

    My eyes adjust enough to roughly see what I'm looking at: it seems to be some kind of mechanical entity. Its shape is hard to describe, especially while feeling as if I had just been blinked back into existence.

    "I'm a Ghost. Actually, now I'm your Ghost." says the entity in a hurried manner as it peers into the distance.

    I attempt to raise onto my feet, but I stumble over the second I place weight on them. The second attempt works out much better, and I bring my hands up and try to clench my fingers. Each finger I move makes a sound like the most satisfying knuckle crack, except it feels like they've been out of their sockets for a century, and here I am, popping them back in one at a time. However, I feel no pain.

    "And you… Well, you've been dead for a long time. So, you're going to see a lot of things you won't understand."

    My eyes dart back up to the entity. Its blue eye is peering into mine as it hovers right in front of my face. The light from it flickers on and off, almost as if it was blinking.

    What? And what did it say it was? A Ghost?

    My thought was interrupted by an ear-piercing screech like nothing I've never heard before coming from the distance. The Ghost immediately turns towards it and then turns to face me again.

    "This is Fallen territory. We aren't safe here," it says in a worried tone as it looks around frantically.

    "I have to get you to the City," it says as it turns away from me and starts to float downwards the snowy path ahead of me.

    My eyes have finally adjusted, I can see clearly. We're standing next to a road, full of completely destroyed, rusted out cars. As I turn my head, my eyes are drawn to a massive structure in front of me: a massive wall, stretching out on either direction as far as my eyes can see.

    The Ghost turns to face me once more and floats closer. "Hold still," it says as it disappears into a blue static-like mist. As the mist disappears, my eyes are drawn to the wall once more.

    "Don't worry, I'm still with you." the Ghost says, but this time, it sounds like the voice is coming from inside my head. The voice startles me.

    "We need to move, fast." says the Ghost in a hurried tone.

    I take a few very unstable practice steps forward as my body tries to remember how walking works.

    "We won't survive long out in the open like this. Let's go inside the wall." the Ghost says again.

    I take a few more steps, this time with a little more success. I shake my legs a bit and finally start slowly making my way down the path.

    The path is lined with rusted out cars on both sides. I notice that they are not all abandoned. I peer in through one of the car windows and see a skeleton with a hole in its skull, hunched over the steering wheel. I shudder at the thought of what happened to these people.

    Once again, my thought is interrupted by another screech in the distance.

    It looks like a murder of crows know what is coming as well, as they take off as soon as the screech ends. This seems like a good time to pick up the pace a little as I take a few running steps down the path and towards the wall.

    As I approach it, I can see a road sign hanging above the street. I slow down to try to get an idea of where I am, but I can't read it. However, I do recognize the alphabet: it's written in Cyrillic, so I assume it says something in Russian.

    "I didn't bring you back just for you to die again, we have to move." remarks the Ghost in a stern tone. I start running towards a doorway that looks to lead into the wall.

    As I enter the door, I'm faced with a dimly lit staircase. As I make up the stairs, the Ghost starts talking again: "Ok… I need to find you a weapon before the Fallen find us."

    The Fallen? Is that what the screech was?

    Atop the stairs is a catwalk that is lit by the orange sunset, shining through the very old, very dirty windows. The ambiance is haunting, and yet somewhat beautiful.

    As I pass the windows, the room suddenly gets very dark.

    "Quiet. They're right above us." says the Ghost as it materializes over my shoulder and casts a bright light that illuminates the way forward.

    As we reach the end of the room and make it up another set of stairs, I quickly stop and involuntarily hold my breath as I hear something moving in the wall up ahead.

    My muscles are tense as I see a shadow move along a pipe through a hole in the wall. What the hell was that?

    I quickly but as quietly as I can make myself up another flight of stairs and we reach a platform of some kind. Even with the Ghost's light, the room is still completely shrouded in darkness. As I move closer toward the railing on the edge of the platform, I can see several blue lights in the darkness.

    "Hang tight." the Ghost says as it flies over the railing and into the darkness. "Fallen thrive in the dark, we won't. We need more light. I'll see what I can do."

    The Ghost expands and takes a form resembling a blue glowing orb. It flies further along the wall, revealing a large metal structure on the other side of the room. The room seems far larger than I initially thought.

    "Another one of these hardened military systems… And a few centuries of entropy working against me." the Ghost says thoughtfully as it flies further into the distance, illuminating more of the large metal structures lining the walls of the room. The Ghost flies over a catwalk in the distance and disappears into another room, leaving me in darkness.

    Suddenly, one by one, the lights turn on, revealing that the room is in fact not a room, but a long corridor, with a large drop at the edge of the platform I'm standing on. This looks to be the interior of the wall. Not solid, but hollow. Concrete being held together by the myriad of large metal structures and scaffolding.

    However, I don't have long to marvel at the construction, when I see movement in the distance. A lot of movement. The Ghost quickly pops out of the room and flies hurriedly towards me.

    "They're coming for us!" it yells as it makes its way to a security gate next to where I was standing.

    As I rush over to it, I see a glimpse of something on a catwalk in the distance. It looks almost like people running.

    "Here! I found a rifle! Grab it." says the Ghost hurriedly as the gate slowly lifts open.

    Next to a pile of bones and scrap metal, leaning on a crate is an old rifle. I grab it and quickly examine it as the Ghost dematerializes into the blue static mist again. I remove the magazine to find that it still has rounds in it. I look through the sight, only to see that the glass is cracked.

    But as far as I can tell, the weapon still seems operational. At this point, that's good enough.

    "I hope you know how to use that thing." the Ghost says in my head as I make my way down the hallway. The voice startles me again. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it, I think to myself.

    After I make the next turn, I catch a glimpse of something that quickly vanishes around the corner in the distance. The hallway is lit by two thin red lights, giving the hallway an eerie red glow.

    Just as I pass the lights, something in the ceiling shorts out and sends sparks raining on me, which causes me to raise my weapon. As I get closer to the end of the hallway, my steps get shorter. The air feels almost touchable.

    My heart is racing out of my chest.

    I turn the corner in one quick motion with my weapon raised and ready.

    Empty.

    I feel like I should be relieved, but my body won't let me.

    Two more steps. The weapon still raised.

    I hear a loud sound coming from the ceiling. I freeze and listen for a moment.

    One more step.

    A creature crashes from the ceiling onto the ground in front of me with a loud screech. My heart stops.

    I look at the creature raising on its two legs through the sight of my rifle. My mind goes blank.

    My body tenses as its four blue glowing eyes pierce through me with pure hatred.

    It gets ready to lunge at me.

    I instinctively pull the trigger.

    submitted by /u/McJohanson
    [link] [comments]

    Shaxx is a blessing and way more games should have similar characters to shaxx

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Shaxx is just so amazing, way too under-appreciated. The crucible can be very frustrating at times but shaxx is always there to support me when my team is losing or winning. I know that a game like overwatch, playing overwatch just makes me not want to play it at times. I know that If overwatch and many other games had somebody similar to Shaxx that would make the game infinitely better.

    submitted by /u/cm775
    [link] [comments]

    Were coming up on 2 weeks since beyond light released (satire)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Datto came in 2nd on world's first raid again

    Telsto has been disabled for another glitch

    Everyone is complaining they don't have any content

    New fastest time of words first raid is now 47 minutes

    Trials has been disabled due to artifact glitching

    New exotic quest is time gated

    No hidden content found

    The last unknown wish has thought to be found on Europa Max light was achieved within 48 hours due to a engram glitch..

    Amy I forgetting anything?

    submitted by /u/spikedzombies
    [link] [comments]

    I just realised that kinetic weapons face left, and energy weapons face right.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Goodbye, Dark Vex Future

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    Happy Birthday Garden of Salvation! ��

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    You may not be my favorite raid... cough cough all those damn motes... though your still pretty cool!

    Happy Birthday Garden.

    submitted by /u/meapppp
    [link] [comments]

    I wish Bungie put more emphasis on their npc main characters

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Example 1: The Evacuation Quest Line for the new exotic. The quest line itself was ridiculously boring and only interesting (for me at least) once you get to read what's going to happen to them. But imagine you get to go with Asher into the pyramidion and have to protect him or Sloane comes with you on some of your Titan errands. Not only would that be super cool to see and do, but it would have really given that one last really big hurrah to those characters that we've spent so much time with.

    Example 2: The Warmind Campaign I found was pretty interesting and I absolutely love Ana Brey as a character. She's badass, smart, and honestly a type of guardian that could do great in replacing Cayde as Hunter Vanguard. When I first played the campaign she was all like 'I'll meet you here' and when you get there she's not there. I would've loved to have seen her enter the Rasputin building (not Rasputin himself) with you while you could control your character. To get to interact with Ana before she just becomes a simple vendor.

    Example 3: In Forsaken when you're in the Prison of Elders your actually get to watch Cayde kill ads above you while you plow through the bottom section. That was awesome! And I think bungie needs to do stuff like that more. Like WAY more.

    Example 4: The beginning of the main story where if Zavala dies you can rez him. Or in the siege of the city when you pass the vanguard as they're injured and can't go on. It may very well be the last you see them. It was engaging and makes you love (or hate) those characters even more.

    The npc's that hold a huge purpose in the story just feel flat most of the time because the only way you as the player can interact with them as vendors or as small lore bits. (Unless you're Ikora, then you're totally useless. Which sucks. She's got potential too) if they were used more actively they'd become an even greater part of the story and the player. Lots of these characters are loved and I don't think anyone would be against seeing them kick ass on the battle field with you once in a while.

    Disclaimer: Hey, thanks if you made it this far. But I just want to say that I'm not a game dev or know how to make a game. Moving and intractable NPC's can be ridiculously buggy/ difficult to make believable. That, though may be an issue as to why my idea isn't reality, is not my point. It's just an idea from a storytelling standpoint and not a technical standpoint.

    submitted by /u/Hayleypomps
    [link] [comments]

    Could all consumables, particularly Mod Components, stack up to 9999?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Since Shadowkeep mods are unlockables instead of individual use. Thus the usage of Mod Components have dwindled down to a couple every season. If you do Banshee Bounties you get like 24 every day. On top of that they dismantle one at a time...

    submitted by /u/furridamardes
    [link] [comments]

    Some friends and I were featured in the Atlantic - going from clanmates to IRL buds

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/10/how-video-game-voice-chat-builds-friendship/616569/

    Just thought I'd share here... Like many of you, I've made so many friends through this game, and even a few that have also become friends outside the game. My hope is that stories like this shed some light on gaming not (necessarily) being such an isolated experience, and in our case quite the opposite!

    submitted by /u/Phillipspc
    [link] [comments]

    Instead of renewed legendaries, Drang and MIDA Mini Tool should have Exotics which can be used with other Exotics.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    Basically, they'd be slightly spruced up versions of the originals. Slightly different look, some stat buffs, etc. And their main exotic perk would allow it to be used with another exotic, so you can run them with their partners. They'd otherwise be unchanged. They'd only have their normal buffs, maybe Mini Tool gets a buffed effect, but they'd otherwise be the same.

    submitted by /u/TheOneTrueDargus
    [link] [comments]

    Blueberries please for the love of the Traveller...

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    CHECK THE NIGHTFALL MODS.

    Unstoppable, Overload, Anti-barrier!

    Bungie really need to add it like the Arms Dealer modifier raid lairs where if you don't have the mods, you can't go in

    submitted by /u/Missyoober
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Bungie, Can We Have a Couple of Days or a Week of Increased Catalyst Drop Rates?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    With the new season and DLC coming, this would give new players a huge reason to get catalysts for Beyond Light. It would also give people some fun new toys to try out in the DLC!

    submitted by /u/xCB_III
    [link] [comments]

    We need selectable armour and loadouts!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    In a game such as Destiny, I'm sure many players find themselves changing loadouts extremely often. It becomes a pain to have to manually set up and configure each piece of gear after doing it for so long, as currently the only way to create selectable loadouts is through a third-party application. I think the game is in a good place right now, however, still requires a few quality of life improvements such as this. Please, let us create our own custom loadouts to switch on the fly!

    submitted by /u/Deflateds
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted some advice with d2 raiding

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    So I have been playing d2 since launch, I love the game so much but I have yet to do a single raid, and with the vaulting of so many, I feel like I have missed out, so how do I get started so I can enjoy the raids while I still can. To be more specific, how do I schedule and orgonize raids. Apologies if my question is a bit naive to some of you, I am not the most experienced person when it comes the in's and out's of the destiny community. Thank you for any help you can give me

    submitted by /u/leepicfunnies
    [link] [comments]

    Lord Saladin Cosplay

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    In two months I made an amazing lord Saladin cosplay I would love to share with the entirety of the destiny community. Please if someone from bungie sees this message contact me through my email aktslash@gmail.com or my cosplay instagram @Grandmaster_cosplay

    Here is the link to my account

    grandmaster_cosplay

    submitted by /u/Karkoory
    [link] [comments]

    Easy way to hit Savathun Eye mercury tower left

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/B4ri7Wl.png

    I haven't seen any posts showing people how to hit this eye without travelling across. So I though I would post since waiting for the event is just plain boring. You can stand near the edge of the map in the towers direction between a 2 rocks and aim directly to where the eye would be sitting. You will not be able to see the eye due to render distance, even with a sniper scope. But just aim where it would be with the effigy and fire. You will see the damage numbers if you aim it right. This now means you can get both tower eyes (there are guides by others on how to get other tower eye) without having to leave the main area and wait for the annoying event

    Edit: I only play hunter. So I can't get across any other way. I'm aware that other classes can get across in a few ways

    submitted by /u/ArkAngelShaun
    [link] [comments]

    Optimized Bounties For 2020/10/05

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    PSA: Tomorrow is Festival of the Lost, and I will try to incorporate those bounties into these weekly guides while they last. That said, for tomorrow at least, they probably won't be in the guide. Why?

    1. Because I'm at work so I can't log in to check the bounties myself.
    2. Because TodayInDestiny usually runs a day or two late in adding event bounties to the vendor page, so I can't find them there.
    3. Because I'll need to do some testing to see if they still work the way they did before (i.e. Mercury Bounties counting in the Haunted Forest), and if there are any other quirks to them.
    4. I'll want to do a few matchmade rando runs to get a feel for how long each run lasts. I know there's a timer, but there's also stops/starts to that timer at the beginning/end of waves, and I think maybe it stops during boss fights? I could be wrong.

    So yeah, logistics. I'm hoping to incorporate them (if they can be) starting Wednesday.

    Deer trivia: Last year, a deer in Putnam County, New York wandered a suburban neighborhood for four days with a Halloween candy bucket stuck on its head. Animal Control was called, and after removing the bucket, the community named the deer 'Little Pumpkin.'


    Step 1 - Deep literary analysis of The Ballad of Buckethead. This was foretold!

    Step 2 - Pick up the following Dailies. Weeklies can be found here.

    Tower Bounties:

    • Zavala Daily – From Downtown – 2 Super Multikills
    • Shaxx Daily – Coordinated Fire – 5 Assist Kills in Crucible
    • Shaxx Daily – Peak Efficiency – 2 Kills in 1 Life in Crucible
    • Shaxx Daily – Push the Advantage – 3 Zone Advantage Kills in Crucible
    • Ada-1 Daily – Secure the Lost Forges – Kill 50 Enemies in a Forge
    • Ada-1 Daily – Forge Super Kills – 10 Super Kills in a Forge
    • Ada-1 Daily – Lost Forge Power Kills – 10 Power Weapon Kills in a Forge
    • Ada-1 Daily – Bergusia Forge Ignitions – Complete the Bergusia Forge
    • Drifter Daily – Blockade – Send a Small, Medium, and Large Blocker in Gambit
    • Drifter Daily – Line 'em Up – As a Team, Kill 5 Guardians in Gambit
    • Drifter Daily – Final Ploy – 5 Finisher Kills in Gambit
    • Drifter Daily – Reaper: Killing Machine – Kill Enemies Without Dying in Gambit Prime
    • Drifter Daily – Collector: Bank Robber – As a Team, Drain 15 Motes in Gambit Prime
    • Prismatic Recaster Daily – Lightbearer Down – Kill 10 Guardians in Crucible or Gambit

    Planetaries:

    • Eris Morn – Filamentary, My Dear Ghost – Collect 5 Helium Filaments on the Moon
    • Eris Morn – Element of Surprise – 15 Energy Weapon Streak Kills on the Moon
    • Eris Morn – Final Termination – Kill 7 Vex With Finishers on the Moon
    • Devrim Kay – Generator – Create 10 Orbs of Light in the EDZ
    • Devrim Kay – Exterminator – Kill 30 Fallen in the EDZ
    • Asher Mir – "Vanguard" Outpost – Complete 2 Patrols on Io
    • Asher Mir – Persistence of Vision – Create 10 Orbs of Light on Io
    • Asher Mir – One Shot, One Kill – 10 Precision Kills on Io

    Step 3 - Follow these steps:

    1. Play one-to-two matches of Iron Banana. (10-20 minutes)
    2. Play one-to-two matches of Gambit Prime. (10-20 minutes)
    3. Fly to the EDZ, grab Devrim's bounties, then clear the Bergusia Forge. (10 minutes)
    4. Fly TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, grab Eris's bounties, then loot Filaments in your zone of choice. When done, slay out and finish Vex in the cave near the Lunar Battleground. (10 minutes)
    5. Fly to Io, grab Asher's bounties, then run two patrols, preferably the "Kill Stuff" and "Kill Stuff to Collect Stuff" ones. Clean up any remaining kills where you can. (10 minutes)

    Total Non-Elemental Non-Weapon-Specific Bounties Cleared: 22 Dailies

    Total Time: 50-70 minutes

    Bounties Per Minute: .3666

    Rewards:

    • 126,000 XP (unmodified)
    • 12,000 XP per Tower Weekly
    • 5 Vanguard Tokens, 1/8 Vanguard Weekly Challenge
    • 15 Crucible Tokens, 3/8 Crucible Weekly Challenge
    • 5/8 Gambit Weekly Challenge
    • 4 Modulus Reports
    • 25 Altered Element
    • 15 Helium Filament
    • 15 Phaseglass Needles
    • 10 Dusklight SHards

    Season Ranks Per Hour: 1.26

    Extra Weapon/Elemental Specific Bounties:

    • Zavala: Bow, Sword, Super Kills in Strikes
    • Banshee: Bow, Sidearm, Machine Gun, Solar Weapon Calibration
    • Prismatic Recaster Daily: 50 Sidearm Kills
    • Sloane: Melee, Solar Kills on Titan
    • Devrim Kay: Arc Kills in the EDZ
    • Put 'em all together: Run Savathun's Song with a Bow, Sword, and Solar Sidearm. Use an Arc MG in the Forge. This is 11 extra bounties for 66,000 XP.
    • Shaxx also wants Arc kills in the Crucible.
    submitted by /u/DeerTrivia
    [link] [comments]

    A Life Lesson from LFG - And Big ”Thank You”

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Disclaimer: Mods, please be kind and read the whole post before passing a verdict on whether this breaks Rule 2.

    It's 2:00 am, and I'm miles from home. I'm back where I grew up because my dad is at death's door in the hospital. As I drove the eight hours to get here, I realized that playing a lot of Destiny 2 recently will help me with this uncertain and challenging time.

    Let me tell you why.

    I play solo. I was part of some clans but most of my clan mates moved to another platform recently, or our schedules never lined up because I'm a family man and play when I can. Solo play has been the way to go for me. But since I can't solo a Master Nightfall, or Prophecy Dungeon, or even the Pit for that matter, I have come to rely on the Companion App LFG.

    It has been a fantastic experience. I log on and create an LFG, and after a brief wait, I have strangers that I grow to rely on for the next few minutes (or hours, lol) of my gameplay through Destiny. It wasn't easy getting comfortable asking for help by posting an LFG. I had to get over a good deal of anxiety and fear that these strangers would think I'm "less than" because I'm asking for help or worse, would leave the game before completing the mission because they'd lost their patience with me. But that hasn't been my experience at all, quite the opposite mostly.

    When I heard that my dad fell in his home and it's a bad situation, I dropped everything to drive down to be with him. I was (and still am) overwhelmed by a lot of questions on what to do next, and how to care for him, and what's going to happen. But what I realized is that the skill I developed, because of you, to ask for help in an LFG and be part of a team to achieve an objective quickly can apply to this situation I find myself in with my father. I am going to need help from doctors and nurses and his neighbors and friends. These are people I don't know but who are all wanting to help, and I don't need to be afraid of asking for help or ashamed of receiving the assistance. Because just like an LFG, we're in this together, at last for a little while.

    So, I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to this community for helping teach me a valuable lesson that you would not have realized you were teaching me. And to say thanks for being a comforting reminder that it's okay to ask for help. You guys and gals rock!

    A final note about my dad: he doesn't play the game, but if he did, he'd be one of the most giant, most badass Titans in the Tower. But he'd help any little light that he came across. Also, he'd plant a lot of trees, tons of trees, he loves trees. That's just the kind of man he is.

    Thanks again - Eyes Up Guardians!

    submitted by /u/mrthemachine
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Banner Triumph Glitch: I just turned in 1000 tokens and got my 50 packages, but the triumph wasn't given

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    How long has this been a glitch for and how well known is it? Can we please get a fix? Hopefully one that gives us the triumph? I just turned in 1000 tokens and I feel like I just wasted my time.

    EDIT 1: So, I had to get off for a little bit, but I saw the replies and I'll get back on tonight to see what happens.

    EDIT 2: I got back on after work and it fixed itself, I guess. Thank you all for your replies! Just going to throw in a random "sunsetting is bad for everyone," and enjoy the rest of my day.

    submitted by /u/Cruggles30
    [link] [comments]

    Ice and Shadow is a Heroic Story Mission, today, for Warmind Completions

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    For anyone wanting to complete Warmind Heroic Story Missions, Ice and Shadow is up today and is a super fast run through to the boss for quick completions towards the associated Triumps.

    Poor Hive hanging out waiting for Guardians...

    "We've the laid the perfect trap... WTF? That's like the 9,000th Guardian who's just run by and ignored us completely...! Where are these guys all going!?"

    submitted by /u/GiantSmasher
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment