• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-11-09]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-11-09]


    Daily Questions [2020-11-09]

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    I watched 20 hours of YouTube videos on how to farm XP so you don't have to! Here is the ultimate Answer.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:06 PM PST

    Playing the game yields the best XP. Thanks for listening and have fun out there Guardian.

    submitted by /u/Nokami93
    [link] [comments]

    I spent 18 003 Gunsmith Materials, here are the results:

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:05 PM PST

    -18 003 Gunsmith Materials

    submitted by /u/Oscar_7
    [link] [comments]

    Requesting support on behalf of the Korean Destiny Community

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Bungie,

    For nearly half a year now, the Korean Destiny community has been unable to use Korean in their in-game chats which seriously hampers our ability to communicate and play endgame content such as raids. We have constantly notified Bungie through technical support but this has not been addressed.

    While identified in a TWAB several months back, the issue continues to persist and has grown due to the fact that it now affects multiple Windows builds ( 19H2 & 20H1 & 20H2) - preventing the use of Korean language input within the game. This is the only game as far as we are aware of that has been affected and it is incredibly frustrating that we have now gone several months without this issue being properly addressed.

    Yes, we are using Discord and other methods to communicate but having to go back and forth copy and pasting Korean into chat has become tiresome for many especially since not many Korean players have the option of using English as an alternative nor voice chat at all times.

    We are not expecting a quick fix but we do hope that there could be some updates regarding this issue.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/tmdhml
    [link] [comments]

    I know everybody is mourning the loss of vaulted raids and planets but can we get a moment of silence for the catalyst farm in whisper? R.I.P Shadow Thrall Catalyst farm 2018-2020

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:57 PM PST

    This specific area in whisper gave me many amazing memories and helped me and many others complete many hard catalysts. As I mindlessly pressed the shoot and reload buttons one at a time without moving my character once, I was brought joy as I got to watch millions of shadow thrall disappear into the void as they filled my catalyst progress bar. I never even got to thank the shadow thrall but I will forever have their memory in my heart. I will miss each individual shadow thrall including Joe, John, Richard, Earl, Doug, Carl, Randal, Austin, and many more. Rest In Peace to all of you forever.

    2018-2020

    submitted by /u/spectre15
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, Cabal turrets in Gambit

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:02 AM PST

    Killing me won't bring your family back. Chill the fuck out.

    submitted by /u/marcus_annwyl
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s been here since Destiny 1?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:16 PM PST

    Just curious as to who on this sub reddit has been playing since the first game of the franchise and how many are new.

    submitted by /u/Laske17
    [link] [comments]

    If history taught me well, is that destiny will have server issues on Nov 10th. Of life taught me well, is that I'll still take Tuesday off and regret it.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:06 PM PST

    I hope I'm wrong

    submitted by /u/glc4531
    [link] [comments]

    Celebrating Six Years of Destiny! [Art]

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:52 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/P3dcuBu.jpg

    Hi again Destiny community! With another year of Destiny behind us, Europa chillin' around the corner... before we move ahead, I made some art to celebrate the Year of Shadowkeep!

    I started this project in 2015. This year, I uploaded the full project (all six years!) available to view/download in 4K for your own personal use @ www.1ndex.art/destiny ❤️

    & for the sake of a good ol nostalgia discussion here: When did you become a Guardian? What period of Destiny is the most nostalgic to you?

    submitted by /u/indx
    [link] [comments]

    The Complete Story of the Darkness (My Name is Byf)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:19 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/7bWbn5bk_uc

    As usual, My Name Is Byf delivers amazing content with a silky smooth voiceover to help us pass the time until the next expansion. Hats off to him for helping consolidate years of content into another solid video to crank the hype up to maximum!

    submitted by /u/coinblock
    [link] [comments]

    Lego Arcadia-class jumpship now with instructions!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:15 PM PST

    For those who are interested, I made some instructions and a parts list for my model of the Arcadia-class jumpship. https://imgur.com/gallery/vUTdH9f

    submitted by /u/legobodgers
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Beyond Light - Title Menu and Music

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:01 AM PST

    Datamined by Ginsor

    https://youtu.be/UzRkqOmi3j8

    Edit: This is the splash screen, not title menu

    submitted by /u/MasterOfReaIity
    [link] [comments]

    I made a tribute to a weapon that changed the game as we know it

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:17 AM PST

    I started saving clips after sunsetting was announced and here we are...

    The mountaintop

    submitted by /u/Rolson117
    [link] [comments]

    rest in peace prophecy dungeon, you will be missed in two days...

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:03 PM PST

    except for that phalanx boss, that thing can go fuck itself.

    submitted by /u/Y-is-for-Yeet
    [link] [comments]

    There is a cat in the tower, and it runs away when you get close to it. I demand bungie let us pet the cat, our guardian needs it

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:44 PM PST

    proof of Cat

    There is a cat in the tower, above the stairs headed towards the side with Ikora. The cat runs away if you get to close to it. I request the ability to give pets!

    submitted by /u/viper112001
    [link] [comments]

    I think Deej deserves an in game tribute for everything he did for this community.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:53 AM PST

    Please Bungie!

    EDIT: Thank you for the silver!

    submitted by /u/SoulReaver717
    [link] [comments]

    Farewell, Contact

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:16 PM PST

    I really enjoyed this seasons event, especially considering that it was a public event with no matchmaking. Sure it's repetitive, but for some reason I found myself playing it more often than anything else this season. It was a great way to farm controllable loot, had a lot of enemies to shoot, and had consistent heavy ammo.

    With the season coming to an end, I have about 33% more motes deposited in contact this season than the last two years in gambit.

    Goodbye Contact, you will be missed.

    submitted by /u/dannystirl
    [link] [comments]

    I already miss Momentum Control

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:10 PM PST

    I understand the need to consolidate the playlists, but damn did it feel good to play something like S.W.A.T. again. I don't know how many people actually enjoyed it, and I got the feeling it was used mainly to farm quests like Mountain Top after it had rotated in a few times, but to me it felt like a nice change of pace. I hope Bungie will bring it back some time again in the future, or maybe bring "Momentum" to another mode or a new one all its own.

    submitted by /u/wickedend
    [link] [comments]

    Too afraid to ask but ugh... here here it goes...

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:54 PM PST

    So like, are Servitors and Shanks robots or do they have squishy insides?

    submitted by /u/Johniandoe777
    [link] [comments]

    Say whatever you want about Season of the Worthy, but i think that the Pyramid Wall thing was super cool.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Yes, it was slow and there wasn't really that much going on but the Pyramid Wall that displayed all of the pyramids getting closer and closer every week created a really cool feeling of tension and mystery.

    I remember the first week, when we could only see the tip of a pyramid and everyone was freaking out like "OH MY GOD THEY ARE COMING!!" And then they came and just sat there menacingly.

    I think that was a nice little touch and i hope we see something else like that in the future.

    submitted by /u/sipkon
    [link] [comments]

    [Art][WIP] Mara Sov digital painting

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:00 PM PST

    imgur - Mara Sov

    Painting practice WIP (I'm looking at adding Riven and The Stranger so I just threw together a Queen's Wrath background). I may as well post here since Mara is basically done, my idea might not pan out, and... why not?

    I know. Waking Vigil is unnecessary but it's the best looking hand cannon (legendary at the very least) and I'm probably not going to draw much more Destiny related stuff any time soon (once this image is actually done) so....
    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    It's formatted for Instagram vertical compositions (in other words, stupidly). It might work for a phone background or something but I'll crop it once it's actually done.

    submitted by /u/Aridynn
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie Can warlocks get our old D1 stance back?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Standing looks so much better than floating in my opinion. Not to mention it makes it a bit easier to look at our character.

    submitted by /u/mattb1415
    [link] [comments]

    I will Miss the Umbral Decoder

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:24 PM PST

    I'm not 100% sure it's going away. I just assume it will because the season is ending, but I would rather use this over Rahool any day. It's still funny hearing angry frustration at the technology and reminds me of showing my grandparents how to use a smartphone! Who else loves it?

    submitted by /u/ghawkguy
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished 'The Red War' campaign. So happy I played it before it was removed.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:01 PM PST

    I just started playing Destiny 2 a week or 2 ago. I was a massive D1 fan, but for whatever reason didn't play D2 on release.

    After a few days of just dickin' around and not know wtf to do, someone suggested I go beat the 3 campaigns (Red War', Curse of Osiris and Warmind).

    So I decided to boot it up, and wow. That opening scene of the D1 tower getting destroyed was incredible. Losing your light and having to crawl through the city was such an amazing experience.

    The story was pretty good too - it was so much better than the original D1 story, and there truely was many epic moments.

    One of my favourite moments was at the end of the campaign, where you're traversing through the city again. The music that played at the beginning when you were walking through the city without your light, starts playing again and it was such a cool moment.

    I had read on here that all 3 campaigns were going to be removed so I decided to marathon the other 2 last night, both were also really good.

    Warmind wasn't bad.I really loved The Curse of Osiris though. It was my first time seeing the character (after hearing about him from d1), and it was badass trying to follow him through the Infinite Forest that the Vex had created.

    I am really excited to get deeper into this game. I love the Destiny lore, and its exciting to see D2 has a much more fleshed out story.

    submitted by /u/ButterNuttz
    [link] [comments]

    Beyond Light PS4/PS5 Code Giveaway

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:55 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I preordered the PS4 Deluxe Edition of Beyond Light a few months ago and have since switched to PC, so I have an extra code for Beyond Light + seasons on PS4/PS5 I want to give away. Leave a comment if you're interested and a winner will be chosen at random today at 6pm PST.

    Note: The card with the code says DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REDEEM CODE UNTIL NOVEMBER 10th in foreboding red letters, so if you win keep that in mind.

    UPDATE: Congratulations, Valyrus! Thanks for entering, everyone - see ya Tuesday.

    submitted by /u/ropetomyneck
    [link] [comments]

    Remember today, for it will be the last time Destiny 2 is played as it is.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:41 PM PST

    Today, November 9th, will be the last time Destiny 2 will be playable in it's current state. After today, we'll miss those areas which will be vaulted.

    So guardians, spend today exploring all the destinations we have called home for the last few years and welcome the new areas and the secrets they shall hold.

    See you soon, Guardians.

    submitted by /u/MoneySings
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment