• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 5, 2020

    Destiny Daily Thread - Lore Thursday [SPOILERS AHEAD]

    Destiny Daily Thread - Lore Thursday [SPOILERS AHEAD]


    Daily Thread - Lore Thursday [SPOILERS AHEAD]

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:00 AM PST

    Welcome to Lore Thursday! Let's discuss the lore and story in Destiny.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!

    In need of more Destiny Lore? Come visit /r/DestinyLore!


    Rules


    • All top-level comments must be genuinely lore-related. This is a serious thread for discussion of the worlds of Destiny.
    • All spoilers must be marked. To mark a spoiler type >!Your Spoiler!<. Example: You'll never guess who The Speaker is. Bill Nighy!
    • THIS INCLUDES DATAMINED INFORMATION. Comments containing unmarked datamined information will be removed.

    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny needs a better shader and customization system.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:18 PM PST

    Byond light is around the corner, wich means that there are a lot of new systems and content beeing implemeted. That made me remember this old video.Destiny needs a better shader and customization system. I just wish it was this good as in this video.
    https://youtu.be/Sgb-KZyBSZk

    submitted by /u/TatankaMMO
    [link] [comments]

    I hope that the mission where we get stasis, we get "mayhem" ability Regen during the mission

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 10:35 AM PST

    Kind of like how in vanilla when we get each subclass back we are in a special area with pools of light everywhere to give us our super back instantly. I'd love to be an OP freeze god for a mission when we discover it.

    submitted by /u/Wanna_make_cash
    [link] [comments]

    If you haven’t already, grab your free exotic cypher via the Matt Helsom quest on Mars

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Some guardians may have started playing after this was announced, or have simply forgotten.

    To get the exotic cipher you need to head towards the mindlab on Mars. This is to the left of Ana Bray through that doorway.

    Head North until you enter a computer room with some thrall. Enter the small tube, and once out take a right. You'll find a small work station. You need to scan the item on the desk and return to Ana.

    She will give you a sentimental message and the exotic cipher.

    submitted by /u/squidwizz
    [link] [comments]

    Finally did the leviathan prestige as a color blind guardian.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:47 AM PST

    Just a thank you post to the 5 lfg people who patiently waited while i analyzed each ring to figure out which one is the callout. I had never run prestige leviathan because of my color blindness. The one time i did try people were getting mad at me for not calling out fast enough. I explained to them that even with color blind mode on, it is really hard and i have to look at each ring closely before i can call. This just ended up with them thinking i am incompetent and getting kicked.

    Sad that a lot of people don't consider color blindness as an actual disability and aren't patient. So after an entire season of just farming castellum for acrius catalyst and almost giving up hope coz i did my runs yesterday for this week and still not getting it, I found a group who were teaching prestige. I told them my problem and thankfully they were willing to help. And the puncher and the runner patiently stared at me while i analysed the rings lol. No pressure. Anyway finished gauntlet with them and got the catalyst the very next encounter in bath. So thank you for being understanding.

    PS: Thanks for whoever gave me the stamp. First one so much appreciated!

    Edit2: Wow a lot more awards. Thank you so much everyone

    submitted by /u/IngloriousInvokation
    [link] [comments]

    Hey all just a reminder on the 7th (this Saturday) there will be a final Dance Party at the Farm on 6pm

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:40 PM PST

    I saw a post about this a few weeks ago and I just want to throw this out there as a reminder, when I find the post I will link it.

    Edit: 6PM Eastern Standard Time

    original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/jijxoo/last_dance_at_the_farm_november_7_600_pm_est/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    submitted by /u/GandalfsLeftNipple
    [link] [comments]

    With the Vault of glass returning, Would anyone like to see Chatterwhite come back too?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 09:31 PM PST

    The OG "We cleared it" shader, Chatterwhite from the vault of glass would be nice to see again. I still remember the world first team posting a picture all in Chatterwhite.

    submitted by /u/Phantom_61
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY GOT MY BLACKSMITH SEALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:59 AM PST

    After 1 year of grinding i finally got down to business and did my Blacksmith seal, great accomplishment feeling great and may the light follow you all guardians.

    submitted by /u/Automatic-Wear-6845
    [link] [comments]

    We took one last selfie at every vaulted location

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:06 PM PST

    Hello fellow Guardians,

    My buddy and created this video about all the destinations moving to the Destiny content vault onNov 10. Think of it as a little time machine to reminisce about all the good memories. And Curse of Osiris.

    Goal was to make it short, vivid, and with a little twist at the end.

    We've submitted it to Bungie creations to get one last chance for this years #motw emblem but no word from Fenchurch yet. He must have found something interesting. Hope is slowly dwindling as the twab is creeping closer every minute so I figured we might as well share it with you guys to get you hyped for Beyond Light.

    Hope you guys like it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYkn2GXPALU&list=LL&index=5&ab_channel=Numley

    edit: eem... ok 20 upvotes and a gold award O_o thanks kind stranger :)

    edit2: thanks for all the nice comments and rewards, you are all too kind ♥

    submitted by /u/KongoMama
    [link] [comments]

    That terrible weapon perk from D1 called Vacuum. It should be turned into a armor mod in D2

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:34 PM PST

    Could increase the pick up radius for ammo and even Motes possibly. It was a terrible perk for a weapon in D1 but I could see it being somewhat popular in D2, if you have extra slots on your armor and wanted something that would passively help.

    Edit - I just realized I have some grammatical errors in the title of my post. Unfortunately I cannot fix them. FeelsBadMan

    submitted by /u/SaltySpaiden
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite conversations in game missions or strikes that will be going away in Beyond Light

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:51 PM PST

    Calculating Red Legion similarity to the Cayde-6 .0001 percent.

    Plus, y'know, Cayde's dumb.

    I still laugh every time I hear this

    submitted by /u/ngbrenizer
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the Huckleberry catalyst!! If you don't have it yet, grind the heroic adventure in the Tangled Shore

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:27 AM PST

    The Huckleberry is easily the gun I've had the most fun playing with to date and is definitely amongst one of my favourites. I never bothered to look into it's catalyst until a few weeks ago, when I found out it'll be unobtainable when beyond light launches. It

    Its acquired as a (very) rare drop after beating heroic adventures (which can be repeated infinitely). I ran the previous two heroic adventures 10ish times each with no luck. Then another 15-16 attempts today on The Rider adventure before I finally got it. This mission is well suited to grind the Huckleberry catalyst as its really easy and can be done in 4-5min.

    The first part is pretty straight forward, just avoid all enemies until you need to kill people. When you get to the chase, hop onto a pike and just drive past everyone until you get to the restricted zone. At this point pull out a rocket launcher with tracking rockets (I used the twin tailed fox). Note that you get 2 rockets each time you start the adventure. You should be able to take out the rider with 2 rockets, If not hope on the pike and kill her. Rinse and repeat til you get the catalyst. It's really easy, just takes a bit of patience.

    Its also great cause I was getting umbral engram drops every 2-3 attempts (had 9 by the end of it).

    To unlock the catalyst, you then need to kill 500 enemies. I just went to mars and started escalation protocol. You get hordes of thrall at the start so itll take no time.

    submitted by /u/oviforconnsmythe
    [link] [comments]

    Good day to trade in mats @ Spider

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Today @ Spider, you can burn Alkane Dust for Shards (seeing as Alkane Dust will be useless after next season, it's a good exchange, considering Spider won't have Shards next season).

    You can also buy Baryon Boughs (Dreaming City currency we'll be using quite a bit next season) for Glimmer. You can then re-up your glimmer for Seraphite (Mars currency is useless after next season).

    You can also get Upgrade Modules for Alkane Dust @ Banshee.

    Happy Cleanup and Stockpile week, Guardians.

    submitted by /u/Ham_Sanwitch
    [link] [comments]

    An interesting situation

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 05:54 PM PST

    I was working on my ace of spades shots in preparation for next season so I made an lfg post asking to do 1v1 with ace of spades only for both me and the opponent. After someone joined we both agreed no special just ace of spades to practice our shot consistency. We loaded in and as soon as we did, he got his clan mate to join. They both switched to snipers and dires and basically wanted to s**t on me (one even had a YT in their name so my guess is they wanted to post a YouTube video of dumping on me). Funny how things work, I ended up beating them both and man it felt good. It was good ace practice and honestly I'm really proud of myself for sticking to using ace. Coming from losing game after game with ace to finally beating two people who were set out to just ruin me for no reason just felt good. I know this has nothing to do with anything, but i honestly felt really good and I think the best thing I can take from this and hopefully pass on to others who get into a similar situation like this is to not got bogged down, forget what the situation is, commit to what your original goal was, and try to take the positives out of the situation. I can say that for me, I got a lot of practice with not just ace but with my abilities and use of Icarus dash.

    Edit: omg thank you for the awards!!

    submitted by /u/JustAPVPWarlock
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie plz tell shaxx that I’m titan not a hunter “I need a hunter like you in the redjacks”

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 10:00 PM PST

    My first time playing in a legit fireteam:

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:24 PM PST

    "WHY THE HELL DIDNT I DO THIS SOONER? THIS IS 20x BETTER!"

    So lone players, try to convince a friend to download destiny, cause it'll make the game significantly better.

    Sent from a highjacked axis mind that is now my PC

    submitted by /u/Trikrite
    [link] [comments]

    Remember when sandbox changes used to launch a week before the DLC?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 07:19 PM PST

    Those used to always hold me out that last week before they launched.

    submitted by /u/silentsixteen
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Bungie remove the aerial Arcstrider combo

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:26 PM PST

    If they added it back then I think it would make Arcstrider more useful in general.

    For those who don't know what it is

    submitted by /u/Deaferent
    [link] [comments]

    I Just Got The Conqueror Seal!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:28 PM PST

    After only being able to play once a week, me and my firetram finally beat all the Grandmaster Nightfalls and got the conqueror seal. Just wanted to share cause I'm so happy I'm done with it.

    Edit: Oh sweet my first award! Thanks to everyone for all the compliments!

    submitted by /u/gmongaras
    [link] [comments]

    I have finally beaten Solo Flawless Prophecy!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:36 PM PST

    It was one of the hardest things I've done in Destiny, and I'm proud to have done it. It may have taken me until the last week of the season, but hey, better late than never, right?

    At the start of this season, I would have said it was impossible. The most impressive thing I had done back then might've been running the Leviathan raid. I was a blueberry and a half.

    I joined a new clan pretty much right after the Almighty fell from space, and they've basically forced me to improve. It's a small group of guys I wouldn't trade the world for. We've gotten into a habit of doing stuff nearly every day. They are a lot more into completing challenges and stuff than I am, but since the group is small, I almost always end up helping. I've basically been forced into finishing ~80 percent of ALL raid challenges, this season alone - and it's been a blast. From Prestige Spire of Stars, to Flawless Scourge, I've done things with my clan I'd have never thought possible.

    And last night, I was able to prove (mostly to myself) that I wasn't just dead weight. I am a pretty sweet guardian, slaying the Kell Echo all by myself, zero deaths.

    With this season drawing to a close, I just wanted to say thanks. To all the random LFG'rs I met on the path to my clan. The ones who didn't kick me when I couldn't call out symbols right. The ones who helped me get used to talking with a microphone. The ones that celebrated with me when Calus finally dropped dead, far later in the night than any of us expected. To the ones who didn't give up on me.

    I probably would've quit playing Destiny a while ago without you. So...Thank you. This game has allowed me to create some memories that I will treasure forever. Even if it's a buggy mess, it's MY buggy mess, and I will never let it go.

    submitted by /u/xxNinjathisxx
    [link] [comments]

    With Beyond Light, remember Destiny API's may be down at launch

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 10:52 AM PST

    All

    I saw the SGA for Day 1 Logging Issues so here is one i thought off.

    This usually impacts DIM and also the Bungie App.

    At launch of Beyond light with all the new code many times at major launches the API are down.

    This means that you can't use trusty DIM or Bungie App for hours and if there is a large server load due to a lot of players it may be longer

    The SGA is make sure your PRIMARY character that you are going to start with has all the trusty stuff you need (Weapons/Armors) and you got space in your character inventory for world drops. Having space is specific so that you have space to have it in your character inventory so that it applies to your overall power level.

    DIM may be down for a while and you will have to keep track of your max power level instead of using DIM.

    Just trying to help. If this helps one guardian then yay.

    submitted by /u/zisei201
    [link] [comments]

    Got Blacksmith thanks to some straight up G's

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:23 PM PST

    Ran a flawless run through LFG believing I could get Fast and Unwieldy. It was the last triumph I needed. Didn't get it cause we cheesed it. I finished the flawless run cause I didn't want to leave the fireteam, good guys.
    After we completed the flawless, almost all of them stayed on and helped me get Fast and Unwieldy. Next to that, 4 Always on Times dropped. Truly a blessed run.

    Shoutout to these guys. Some great people out there in the community.

    submitted by /u/FlannelCl4D
    [link] [comments]

    Bring back iron banner ornaments

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:04 AM PST

    they're all really cool and its kind of a waste to let them sit there in the content vault.

    we all want a vendor refresh and iron banner is kind of lackluster rn, so how about dust off a few old ornaments?

    submitted by /u/NoamEG
    [link] [comments]

    PVE Titans of Reddit

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:05 AM PST

    Quick question, do you focus recovery for Titan in PVE? If not, what stats do you focus and why?

    submitted by /u/Reagan-Mcdonald
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment