• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Destiny [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-01-01]

    Destiny [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-01-01]


    [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-01-01]

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:03 AM PST

    Trials of Osiris is LIVE

    This thread is for all general discussion, questions, thoughts, musings, wonderings, etc. for the Trials of Osiris.

    FAQ

    What is Trials of Osiris?

    • Trials of Osiris is the pinnacle PvP activity. Every Weekend, the best players compete in 3v3 Elimination for one goal: Go Flawless.

    • To start, head to Saint-14 in the Tower Hangar and buy one of the possible passages (see below).

    • To reach Flawless and get to the Lighthouse, you need to win 7 matches without losing one.

    • It uses Win Based Matchmaking, which means you'll face teams with a similar amount of wins on their card. Matches will get harder as you win more matches.

    • There is NO fireteam matchmaking. You need to team up yourself!

    • Power Level matters, however bonus power from the artifact is not enabled.

    How Long do the Trials of Osiris last?

    • Event Starts: Every Friday at Daily Reset (1700 UTC).

    • Event Ends: Following Tuesday at Weekly Reset (1700 UTC).

    Where do I go to find Guardians to compete with in the Trials?

    • You can head over to /r/Fireteams, www.The100.io, Xbox LFG system, DestinyLFG.net or DestinyLFG.com, or go to the Bungie.net recruitment forum (also available through the Bungie App).

    What if I have a question about another piece of armor/weapon or general Trials question?

    • Use Control + F (Or Command + F if on a Mac) and search for keywords in your question. Someone may have asked it already. If they haven't ask right below.

    Trials of Osiris Map

    Surprise! (beep boop please report)

    Rewards

    Rotation not known yet, please let us know!

    • 3 Wins (Powerful): Surprise! (beep boop please report)
    • 5 Wins (Powerful): Surprise! (beep boop please report)
    • 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Surprise! (beep boop please report)
    • Flawless (Pinnacle): Surprise! (beep boop please report)

    Bounties

    Name Description Cost Requirement Reward
    End Game Complete matches and rounds. Wins in the Trials of Osiris grant the most efficient progress. Awards the 3 Win Challenge reward from this week. 1000 Glimmer 100 Progress XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Points & 5 Trials Token & 1 Trials Engram
    Arsenal of Light As a fireteam, defeat opponents using abilities in the Trials of Osiris. 1000 Glimmer 100 Ability XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Points & 5 Trials Token

    Passages

    Name Perk Cost
    Passage of Mercy Forgives one loss per run. 25000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Ferocity With zero losses, your third win grants a bonus win. 25000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Wealth Increased tokens from reaching 3, 5, and 7 wins on a ticket. 35000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Wisdom Grants bonus XP from Trials wins, scaling with the number of wins on a ticket. 35000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Confidence Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. 50000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards
    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2021-01-02]

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Please Bungie: Let's see a little less reliance on champions as a design element in 2021

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:08 AM PST

    The idea of champions wasn't a bad one in theory, but after facing them for numerous seasons they aren't as much challenging as supremely annoying, and frankly come off as a design crutch. I'd love to see bosses or big opponents with interesting abilities, interesting weak spots, etc., instead of yet more champions.

    I'm so done with champions at this point. Champions that buddy up? So annoying. Barrier servitors that send protected minions around corners to fight while they hide? Not fun. Overload champions that constantly teleport and/or hide the moment they're seriously injured? Please. Enough already. The Vault of Glass was one of my favorite raids ever, and I'm dreading the thought of it being polluted by champions. Please Bungie, it's time to, at worst, tweak champions a bit and, at best, start phasing them out from being a default way to make an activity more challenging.

    Update: To be clear, I'm not saying to eliminate champions from all activities. I'd like to see Bungie moderate their use.

    Update 2: Thanks so much, kind guardians, for the awards!

    submitted by /u/Scylla999
    [link] [comments]

    Season of Dawn was what peak “seasonal content” looked like.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    I was rewatching Season of Dawn videos on Youtube, and i really noticed how well crafted everything was in that season. There were new locations, made specifically for a quest to save Saint-14! A fight with Saint acting as your stronghold as you fight off Fallen. Amazing voice acting and lore/dialogue.

    Not to mention there were actually SEVERAL new locations actually. The other fight to kill the Martyr Mind, and the patrol area of Mercury where the Sundial was. Then the Sundial activity itself.

    The Sundial being a miniature Menagerie was already cool, but the fact that this was all made to span a few months and had so much care taken is insane. The weapons were actually good and unique, and had the option to roll perks that people liked, as well as new perks (im looking at you Season 10). The armor set from the seasons pass was spectacular, easily some of the nicest in the game.

    Tons of new cosmetic/Eververse stuff as well as tons of shaders and ornaments. 3 new ritual weapons. The quests added in the Season were also very well made and fun to play through and explore.

    I just want Bungie to try and make more of this type of content. It was legitimately my favorite season so far, followed closely by Season 11. The Sundial was an actual match made activity with good loot, unlike Seraph Towers, and sadly Wrathborn hunts are kinda boring (this seasons loot is good don't get me wrong). But i feel Season of Dawn is what Bungie should strive to make if they want to hold out this seasonal model, because that one even felt like a whole DLC, let alone a Season.

    submitted by /u/mrcatz05
    [link] [comments]

    Can we talk about the current trials map exploit?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:36 AM PST

    This weeks map is Radiant Cliffs, for the first time ever in Trials (of Osiris). You can get into a glitch spot above B, where you're literally walking on thin air. This has been known about since the map launched years ago, which I think we all figured was the main reason it wasn't ever picked as the Trials map. Yet here it is, still with the glitch in tact.

    But you know, if an eververse emote lets you glitch out of bounds then Trials is removed for weeks?

    EDIT: To clarify, to get into it you just need to jump. That's it.

    EDIT2: Yes, it was a map during Trials of the Nine, when it was Countdown. It's never been the map since the return of Trials of Osiris (Elimination)

    submitted by /u/CampEU
    [link] [comments]

    The Dawning community quest is done!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:18 AM PST

    Finally.

    My rewards were:

    • Ascendant Shard
    • Graviton Forfeit (Exotic armour piece)
    • Glacioclasm (Legendary weapon)
    • Gingerbread Projection (Legendary)
    • Showshoes Emote (Legendary)
    • Braytech Gift Certificate (Uncommon consumable which does nothing, akin to others such as "Vex Nog")
    submitted by /u/Kinny93
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the tower nightfall, and it was AMAZING! Bungie needs to add this!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:38 PM PST

    I've seen it posted on here before, but I just launched to the tower and ended up in an ordeal nightfall with SIXTEEN guardians instead! And it was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had! We stormed through he whole thing, destroying champions and reviving each other along the way, before obliterating the boss. We even managed to hit 100k, so everyone got a pinnacle. Seeing the after action report with sixteen guardians on it was a trip.

    Bungie should REALLY add some fun options like this to liven things up a bit! Even if the rewards were lowered, it would still be worth running just for the fun of it.

    submitted by /u/Voelker58
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the menagerie.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:40 PM PST

    Thats it. No essay about how it changed my life, it was fun and I miss it.

    submitted by /u/darth_ogie
    [link] [comments]

    Going flawless just to have your adept weapon be utter trash feels awful

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:45 PM PST

    Imagine going against triple stasis sweats just to get an adept scout with slideways and celerity. Are you kidding me? Adept weapons should be curated with good rolls for that weapon type, not pure RNG.

    submitted by /u/Lvl25Magikarp
    [link] [comments]

    Warmind cells take the effects of the people shooting them NOT who spawn them. If you shoot a cell when you have no mods on it wont do anything.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:15 AM PST

    No doubt warmind cells are a powerful build, but what gets me is when other people shot cells who arent running any mods. If you want to help at least run the Global Reach mod which cost one point then shoot them. If you have zero mods on then please let the person who spawned them shoot them.

    submitted by /u/InvadingBacon
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please, for the love of God get new PvP maps!?!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:59 AM PST

    The maps we have now are great don't get me wrong, but it's becoming a bit stale. We need variety, I'd like to experience something new when it comes to PvP. Bring back old maps or give us new ones.

    submitted by /u/iKrabiet
    [link] [comments]

    Atraks-1 Painting

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    Atraks-1 Painting
    12x12"/30x30c, mixed media on wood.

    submitted by /u/irrezolut
    [link] [comments]

    Under 4,000 guardians completed the grandmaster so far this week.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:13 PM PST

    Just for comparison, Exodous Crash had over 19,000 complete the GM last week. My team and I completed it on our 7th try after some trial and error.

    Do you think this GM is too hard, or do you think the difficulty is justified because of it being a GM? Interested to hear others thoughts.

    Edit: Source - https://warmind.io/analytics/triumph (See Grandmaster: The Glassway)

    Edit 2: Now under 5,000.

    submitted by /u/AJ5L1CK
    [link] [comments]

    Despite my anxieties, I got to Legend rank in Freelance Competitive!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:42 PM PST

    Like a lot of people, I deal with pretty debilitating anxiety. Anxiety that has made me give up on a lot of things before even giving them a real and fair shot. In and out of Destiny 2.

    One of those things was getting to Legend in Competitive.

    I'd say I'm a decent Crucible player... Not absolutely crazy or anything. But I understand this metas mechanics and built around it, have honed my game sense in 6v6 quickplay for years, (lol) and just have incredibly alright gun skill.

    The only things I've been missing from Crucible are those two "get to 5500 in Competitive" Triumphs.

    My friend pushed me a bit to actually try Competitive, so decided to give it a fair shot. After the first day the anxiety really did start to go down. My heartrate would race from just clicking the queue up button... but I started to feel more confident each time I queued. I started to learn how NOT to let my team down which was a huge fear I had. Then after that, I learned how to play around a team that was letting ME down. lol

    Before I knew it, I got to Fabled... Then Fabled 2... Then 3. It was the highest I've ever been! I was elated.

    New day, new rank. Mythic. Oh Mythic. I don't want to say I went on a 15 loss streak this day. But lets say I dropped back down to Fabled 2. It hurt. Why did I keep playing after so many losses? I don't know... But I learned my lesson...

    That lesson being:

    Never quit on a streak, ALWAYS quit when you lose your streak + 1.

    New day: I hopped in following my new ruleset and over time I climbed back up to Mythic, and then some. I went on a 10 win streak! I had some super tough matches here... I found I adapted to my team as much as the enemy team in certain cases. But as it happens, the streak did eventually end, and I set my M&K down for the night with a 70% winrate.

    At this point, seeing my rank so high was super weird... It was something I only saw other people do... Why am I able to do this? I'm AVERAGE. Or maybe not? Maybe I'm playing smarter than the average player? Am I... Am I gaining confidence?? That's a HUGE leap from the anxiety I had always felt from competitive.

    But today... I finally did it. I dug my feet in. No anxiety from clicking that little ol' queue up button. I climbed. So many nail biter matches... I swear, my fingers are so sore after all this. I went on another streak, even chatting with my team and trying new strategies. Warning them of sniper lanes. When to play safe and whatnot.

    I got to Legend with a 77% winrate within 15 matches today.

    I'm really proud of myself tbh... And I want to let other people who are really anxious like I am know that it's possible! It'll take time... and you'll have to change the way you think!

    But it was a really fun experience for me... And I hope our fellow hidden anxious Destiny players can experience this too one day! YOU GOT THIS.

    (If you got this far, thanks for reading hope your new years goes well~)

    submitted by /u/Eidsdnite
    [link] [comments]

    This was my first Dawning event, and I actually really enjoyed it. It helped keep me in the holiday spirit.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:56 PM PST

    Now that the final quest goal has been reached, I'm reading a lot of comments about people complaining that the rewards weren't worth it, that it was stupid or annoying, etc. I'm a returning player who never did one of their holiday events, and I have to say that I had a really good time. It was fun having ingredients dropping constantly, it was fun making good XP turning in the quests, and it honestly helped put me into and keep me in a good holiday mood, as corny as that sounds.

    I suppose I'm the target audience for something like this ("new" player doing it for the first time) but I just wanted to provide a different opinion from some others. Looking forward to next year year's event!

    submitted by /u/JRockPSU
    [link] [comments]

    Overload shot on Auto Rifles does NOT proc when you hold down the trigger right after reloading, even though it does the Overload animation.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:21 PM PST

    When the RNG of overload auto already wasnt bad enough, it straight up doesnt work if you reload before shooting.

    Video explaining the issue here

    submitted by /u/AuroraUnit117
    [link] [comments]

    Change the trials map

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    Is nobody going to talk about all the glitch spots inside the trials map this week? So far I've encounted people abusing 3 different glitch spots now and it mind boggles me how these spots even exist

    submitted by /u/TheIrishLaw
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie listen to the community: Make the stasis ice break by itself after the maximum freezing time

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:43 PM PST

    Three reasons:

    1 - It is almost useless most of the time to try to defrost, since 90% of the time it is a certain death.

    2 - The lack of a shortcut key of my own choice, makes me try to defrost continuously and use a barricade as soon as the ice breaks.

    3 - I can finish watching my favorite series while the ice melts by itself.

    Happy New Year! : D

    submitted by /u/mcreebolado
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie please: rework the catalyst for Mida Multi-Tool

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:27 PM PST

    Bungie please rework the Mida catalyst. Adding outlaw to the mida as a catalyst barely adds any unique value to the weapon. The weapon already has a decently fast reload and putting a single scout rifle reloaded mod on makes the reload incredibly fast. Adding outlaw does absolutely nothing to help and should be reworked into something more useful

    submitted by /u/chezzmund
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Destiny 2 community so unwelcoming to newbies in comparison to other MMO games?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:13 PM PST

    I see it a LOT on this sub.

    People ridiculed for asking questions, and it isn't even in a friendly manner either.

    Destiny 2, to date, remains the only game I have ever played where I have received numerous messages for playing badly in Crucible. Again, not in a friendly manner either. This was in my very first match of crucible. Multiple people told me to quit the game cos of my 0.5 k/d.

    I see people hating on things made for new players here. It is almost as if people do not want new players entering the game.

    In other MMO subs, you ask a question, and you will get a decent answer. Here it is "just fucking Google it" or "you should know" or "same as always"

    Going through the threads here, it does seem as if Destiny 2 players seem to have a lot of pent up anger about various things both in-game and outside of the game. This could be a reason, but who knows?

    Does anybody have any other ideas about why this community is so foul compared to other MMOs?

    submitted by /u/RyanGamesXbox
    [link] [comments]

    The forges were a great seasonal activity. The sundial was really good. The wrathborn hunts are bad.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:51 PM PST

    I hope we get a good seasonal activity or good season item, like prophecy next season. Even if you ignore the raids from year 2, those things were great. Prophecy was great. Sundial was much better than wrathborn hunts. I hope we get the right style of activities next season and the upcoming ones.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    Spoils of Conquest? More like Deep Stone Crypto

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:13 AM PST

    The only cryptocurrency that you can mine by just destroying hardware repeatedly (Crypt Security fuses)

    submitted by /u/CursedBlackCat
    [link] [comments]

    Hawkmoons catalyst should be mulligan.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:52 PM PST

    It would just be a convenient while not being op perfect catalyst IMO

    submitted by /u/remi7896
    [link] [comments]

    How bringing back a year 1 mechanic can help Destiny 2 right now.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:52 PM PST

    Here is a video if you don't want to read: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc0sSxw6ryU&feature=youtu.be

    This post will lay everything out a bit more organized however the video does have some helpful visuals. It's up to you. But now to the point.

    Weapon selection in Destiny 2 is very limited right now. Quite a lot of archetypes are missing from either the Kinetic or energy slot, or in the case of rapid fire pulses, completely gone. It's clear that Bungie wants s*nsetting to stay, and it's also clear it needs some improvements. I think bringing back the ability to change our weapons element type like in year 1 could help improve it. With a slight change. In addition to being able to from Arc>Solar>Void>etc. you can now also change a weapon from energy to kinetic and a kinetic to an energy. I believe this could help fill in some of those missing gaps and relieve at least some of the pressure s*nsetting has put on the game. Currently there is no 120 energy hand cannon. with this change you take your True Prophecy/Steady Hand and make it an energy. This would need to be balanced in two ways.

    Balancing

    • The weapon changes slots.
      • You still must have the current system of: Kinetic, Energy, Heavy.
      • If it's a kinetic and you make it a void it goes to your energy slot, and vise versa.
    • It will have a cost.
      • Changing a weapon from Arc>Solar>Void would cost a set amount of
        • A random destination resource
        • Enhancement cores
        • Legendary shards/Glimmer (or both)
      • Changing from a kinetic to an energy or and energy to a kinetic would cost more.

    Every weapon that can swap slots in this system already have an archetype counterpart in the opposing slot already, current or otherwise. Meaning that having weapons jump slots and element types would not be broken since we have "effectively" been doing that for years now.

    Limitations

    Should all weapons be able to do this? Yes but also no, let me explain. When it comes to special weapons like fusions and wave frame grenade launchers I don't think having them all of a sudden be able to do kinetic damage would be an issue, it would just feel weird. It may go against part of their fantasy and that maybe enough to not let them become kinetic. At the end of the day I don't really care nor think it would cause any issues. Heavies on the other hand may be an issue.

    Heavies are designed around their damage. So if they were allowed to become kinetic they would be balanced around that. Most likely meaning that with kinetic damage they would have their current damage and their energy damage would be 10% less. I know it's a bit confusion. Here is a quick diagram to help. Left side is what they are currently like right side is what would more that likely happen if they were allowed to roll kinetic.

    Heavy Damage Currently: Heavy Damage With Change:
    Kinetic Damage: N/A Kinetic Damage: 100%
    Energy Damage: 100% Energy Damage: 90%

    It's a headache. I don't think Bungie wants to do this balancing act and I don't think the playerbase wants their heavy weapons doing less damage just because they didn't roll kinetic on it.

    Stasis

    Should stasis be able to roll as an energy type? No, I don't think so. Here's why; Stasis unlike the light subclasses has 3 set properties. Those being Slowing>Freezing>Shattering. All of stasis abilities and weapon follows at least one of these 3 properties. Light classes and weapons don't do this. Yes they have properties to them... sometimes. Void suppresses... sometimes. Solar burns... again sometimes. Arc chains lightning... once more, sometimes. Yes they CAN do that but more of the light classes are just focused around damage. As opposed to stasis which follows set properties that it must follow. I'm sure if Bungie made a new stasis hand cannon with "dragonfly" I can bet money that it's explosion would cause targets around it to freeze/shatter. And Traveler knows I don't want the S!@# just casually in crucible.

    Elemental Based Perks

    There are some perks based around weapons having elements on them. This raises the question of "Would a kinetic weapon having these break them?" And for the most part no, not really.

    Elemental Capacitor

    **Yes I know this currently has nothing to do with the weapons element and all to do with the subclass. However; My desire to make this a more desirable perk lead to a whole thing that lead me to the idea in this post. So it felt right to include it still.**

    In this new version of elemental capacitor the perk is now attached to the weapons element not the subclass. Now if you want to have more stability on a weapon all you need to do is change the weapons element. You no longer have to change subclass and playstyle just to get a bump in stability. This perk becomes useless on kinetics, but you can just swap the damage type for that specific roll.

    • Pros
      • More flexibility in subclass option.
      • More flexibility in the perk simply requiring an element change to get the desired buff from the perk.
    • Cons
      • Useless on kinetics.

    Dragonfly

    This could never roll on a kinetic (You may laugh now). In all seriousness if bungie decides to and they should keep Keep dragon fly on Coldfront it should have a kinetic explosion. Similar to the damage Mountain Top and Militias Birthright do. This also keeps Ace and Chromatic Fire exotics being the only things allowing kinetics to do an "elemental" explosion.

    • Pros
      • AOE clear for kinetic legendries
    • Cons
      • Kinetic explosion would do bad damage against shields

    Chain Reaction

    Same principle as dragonfly. Even though it only rolls on heavies right now, if it were to roll on a specials, it would also do a kinetic explosion.

    • Pros
      • AOE clear for kinetic legendries
    • Cons
      • Kinetic explosion would do bad damage against shields

    Osmosis

    Currently you can only get osmosis on kinetics. With this change it would be possible to run two energy types on a single legendary. This would be strong, although I don't think it would push it into must have territory. This would allow you to use a single gun to break shields. Have it as an Arc for Arc shields and toss a nade when you need to break a Void shield.

    • Pros
      • Very strong for match game
    • Cons
      • It's power would need to be watched to ensure it doesn't become must have

    Disruption Break

    Rolling this on a kinetic would mean that you are actively taking a disadvantage so you can gain an advantage once the shield is broken. There is a trade off that auto balances it.

    • Pros
      • Extra kinetic damage while not needing to swap weapons
    • Cons
      • Kinetics do not do that much to shields

    Genesis

    You do lose out on the regenerating ammo portion, but you would anyway on an energy if you didn't match the shield. You would still get the reload from breaking the shield.

    • Pros
      • Autoreload on shield break
        • (Pair this with disruption break maybe)
    • Cons
      • No regenerating ammo
      • Kinetics do no do that much to shields

    Shield Disorient

    Yes I concede. Absolutely useless on a kinetic. However; If you want to use a weapon but it's Arc and all the shields are Void, no problem. Simply swap the element and continue to use the gun you want.

    • Pros
      • Allows you to use your favorite gun with this perk
    • Cons
      • Absolutely useless on kinetics

    And even if all of these perks were useless on kinetics, you can simply just swap them to be an energy.

    Exotics

    Exotics should not be be able to use this system. They are design with their element in mind. Risk Runner shooting Solar bullets and creating Arc lighting is just... no... just no.

    Conclusion

    And there you have it. I believe that this is a very good system that the current version of the game can benefit from. Weapons become used how you want them to be used. You get more options and more builds. I do not really see many (if any) downsides to implementing this. Like I said, s*nsetting is here to stay and whether you think the moon weapons shouldn't have been s*nset yet or you're wrong there are a load of ways to improve the current system that I think works for both Bungie and the playerbase.

    submitted by /u/ANDALphage
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie: how about making 1250 Nightfalls matchmaking?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:51 PM PST

    I'm a long time player. I go back to the beta on D1! I work for myself and this means I have time but it's never a set time each week. I have a few friends that I've made over the years but they are American and as I'm from the U.K. I don't get to play online with them much before the weekend. So here's the thing; I don't have people I play online regularly with. And I'm absolutely fine with that. I've made my peace with the fact that because of this, I won't be able to do things like raids, trials and the high-end nightfalls regularly. I understand that these things are really tough and require communication and teamwork to get through.

    The 1250 nightfall though, not so much. I almost solo'd it yesterday but I lost patience as it was just taking too long. I literally just needed a little extra firepower on the bosses and I'd have finished it. And the 1250 is really the only realistic way to earn decent amounts of enhancement prisms for people like me.

    I don't expect prisms to be just handed out by Bungie. But the 1250 is locked behind lfg, not difficulty. I reckon most could just about get through one at this stage given with artifact power they are probably well over 1250 by this point anyway. Prisms are my only real way of attaining ascendant shards. And the sheer quantity of prisms you need to convert means that it just isn't really feasible to get them as a predominately solo player. They are much more likely to drop from the 1250 than the 1220 and I'd happily farm 1250 nightfalls all the time if I was able.

    Edit: for people who still want fast and efficient runs, they could continue to use lfg to build a fire team that meets their requirements. This is just to open it up to predominantly solo players.

    submitted by /u/TheDragon84
    [link] [comments]

    Me heading into the crucible thinking I’m gonna counter that shotgun sliding, crayon eating titan. Just to eat another shot from Fellwinters Lie.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:43 PM PST

    Here's a salt-free table of all loot currently viable in the game.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:27 PM PST

    This chart displays:

    - All non-sunset legendaries and exotics

    - Confirmed weapons for next season

    - Weapons sunsetting after this season

    - Raid weapons

    - Weapons coming back in Vault of Glass

    - The elements of energy/power weapons

    - Sunset legendaries from paid expansion destinations (I know these aren't viable, so the title's a little misleading, but I felt the need to include them anyway.)

    This chart does not display:

    - Blues, greens, and whites

    - Exotic armor

    - These weapons' intrinsic traits (types of frames)

    - Which of these legendaries are currently obtainable in the game (I will add this soon.)

    - Trace rifles, heavy shotguns, and heavy sniper rifles that have no legendary counterparts.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NdC-tXG15tKME8eGcTzmKUt8jNdfzLU5od3rbBXcLcI/edit?usp=sharing

    I will be updating this each season, and whenever new gear for next season is confirmed.

    submitted by /u/IllustriousGoat831
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment