• Breaking News

    Monday, February 1, 2021

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-02-01]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-02-01]


    Daily Questions [2021-02-01]

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Trace Rifles need to either have their own Finder/Reserve mods or have them work with ALL existing Auto Rifle Mods

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:52 PM PST

    This is something that I feel shouldn't even have to be asked for. It's crazy that an entire weapon class doesn't have coverage across all mods, when all other weapon types do. On top of that, the mods it does have are very inconsistent, as SOME of the Auto Rifle Mods work for Trace Rifles (like targeting and reloader), but some of the most important PVE-wise (reserves and finder) don't.

    I know Trace Rifles aren't the most popular weapon type, but they still deserve to have the same options available that all other weapon types do. Not having those options is causing them additional viability issues that they really don't need. This is a problem that's existed for some time that keeps getting overlooked, so it's honestly time this was remedied Bungie.

    submitted by /u/ryan13ts
    [link] [comments]

    I have synesthesia. I painted Deep Stone Lullaby. :)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:19 AM PST

    Yes, this makes the spacewalk section difficult sometimes. I still turn my music on.

    Took about 3-ish hours to paint, the mandala section being the lion's share. The sheer breadth of frequency and dynamic range across this piece is pretty massive. The lows are very very low, and the highs are very very high. Definitely one of my favourite pieces of music from this game, but I've got plans to do more. :)

    [Edit: Aw! Thanks for the helpful award various awards, mysterious strangers! <3

    Edit 2: Taking a nap, but I'll reply when I wake up :)

    last edit I swear: yes, I will do Journey next. <3

    another edit: oh gods hi everyone. Thank you?! Please give me a bit to get caught up with my inbox!]

    Yet another edit: First, thank you so much for ya'll's kind reception of my work! I'm really surprised / thrilled that so many people are interested and appreciative of something like this. I can't reply individually to everyone, but please know I'm really touched. <3

    Secondly, I've gotten a lot of questions about how my synesthesia works, so here's a link of a long explanation that hopefully makes things a little clearer!

    submitted by /u/synesthesiatic
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my first ever title for Destiny! Although [Warden] is said to be the easiest one right now, I'm really happy :)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:42 PM PST

    thanks to all the people who helped

    submitted by /u/s_i_n_g_h
    [link] [comments]

    make GMs able to be rejoined since the game is so unbearably crashprone since beyond light

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:24 PM PST

    ever since beyond light, destiny has been significantly more likely to crash, especially on AMD gpus, which is beyond frustrating on its own, especially given how little the CMs and Devs have cared to comment on it beyond a couple passing remarks about "performance issues"

    this would be bad enough on its own and insulting enough on its own that they dont seem to care that their game is crashing frequently for a considerable portion of their playerbase, but when it happens routinely at the boss room of GM nightfalls (specifically in the boss rooms too! i rarely crash before then) it makes me want to quit the game. i can understand restricting join in progress, but disabling the ability to REjoin a session you crashed out of because the game is a buggy nightmare is a luxury developers should only have if their game is exceptionally stable

    getting together with friends and tackling the highest difficulty content and having runs ruined not by bad play, or bad positioning, or unlucky enemy spawns, but by the game simply being a hodgepodge coding nightmare is one of the single most unsatisfying game experiences ive ever had

    i could bear with the crashes if my teammates could hide, play their lives, and wait a couple minutes for me or my teammate to boot back up and rejoin, but not even having that option is a fucking joke

    submitted by /u/l3zzyharpy
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie is always concerned with balance, but no one looks fondly at Forsaken, Taken King, Age of Triumph, etc because it was balanced. It’s because it was fun and we discovered the expanding world.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:14 PM PST

    I noticed that during conversations about when the game has been "the best", it's been during periods where the PVE was not close to being "balanced." I feel like Bungie has lost its own "30 seconds of fun" philosophy when discussing and designing games. Make it fun. Worry more about it being fun than it being balanced.

    submitted by /u/PCarrollRunballon1
    [link] [comments]

    Not enough viable kinetic specials

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:05 PM PST

    Is it just me or are there not enough kinetic specials that are good right now. I want to use some energy weapons as my primary but I find myself lacking a decent kinetic specials weapons. Other than the two from the raid (which aren't really viable for me and many other solo players) and maybe the long shadow, there just really aren't any good specials in the kinetic slot. Feel free to call my bluff if you know any decent ones, I just feel like there are so many good primary energy weapons that I have no special to pair with.

    Edit: Thanks for everyone's answers they are very helpful, I'm also gonna try to lfg more and go for the raid weapons, wish me luck :)

    submitted by /u/haydo10104
    [link] [comments]

    The Inconsistencies in D2 are confusing

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:31 AM PST

    Boss Immunity

    • Some boss "glow" when they're immune, some others are not
    • Some boss has "immune animation", some others are not
    • Some boss is immune and only can be damaged by shooting specific parts/spots, some other are not.
    • Some boss can be killed on-spawn, some are not (they instantly goes immune after a certain amount of damage)

    Bounties

    • Some enemies count for bounties, some didn't.
    • Some vanguard bounties can be completed outside of vanguard strike
    • some displays progress in percentage, some in numbers.

    Quests

    • some quests have a sub-quest menu hidden behind inspect button, and to use that quest menu you need to do yet another quest (and some others just doing busywork). Some other quest doesn't have this sub-quest menu.

    Matchmaking

    • breaking teams up just to meet them again

    Story

    • What's a "Ghaul"? Overly long praises by the bird lady (hawkthorn?) that no longer relevant with the current-world.
    • Who's Cayde? There's a memorial monument but he's communicating just fine in strikes
    • Why red legion still doing what they were doing despite all of their leaders has been murdered?
    • the flip-flop of fallen faction colors (e.g. in the Saint-14 mission in the past. Thanks /u/AlfredoEight)
    • Bonus: Rasputin is supposedly dead or something (in a cutscene) but if you visited him before he got vaulted, he was as healthy as ever.
    • Saladin forgot that we are iron lords (thanks /u/PH-VAP)
    • SIVA crisis / rise of iron didn't happen. See it yourself: in Destiny 1, and in Destiny 2. (also thanks /u/PH-VAP for making me remember this)

    Gameplay mechanics

    • There are 2 dunking buttons, some orb auto dunks. (thanks /u/Kadsen)
    • For some perks, Champions sometimes considered as a boss, sometimes as major.
    • Some shield piercing works for champions AND non-champion some didn't.
    • All blight can be killed by going INSIDE their semi-transparent dome and shooting them, except the blight public event (where you need to dip in and OUT of the semi-transparent dome)
    • Some autorifle perks work for trace rifle (did they change this to all autorifle perk did not work to trace rifle? i cant really remember)
    • Some scannable changes ghost's direction, some others didn't.
    • pressing E to pick up purple bricks in crucible when they drop from opposing Guardians. Game trains you to run over purple boxes then changes the behaviour for the same object, same model, just a different mode.(thanks /u/SharpMulberry)
    • some activities / quest rewards are granted directly after completing them, some need you to manually hunt down the triumphs, then manually claim the triumph.
    • a very small amount of quest (iirc it was the snow season quest with granny) need you to claim triumph to progress the quest. Maybe deliberate design decisions to force players to learn about the triumph claiming mechanics? (I'm that kind of guardian that ignore triumph)

    UX

    • some pop up cannot be dismissed, need to wait until it dismissed itself.
    • Some items with the same rarity have different dismantling speed
    • After a match of crucible, strikes, or gambit you can view the "post match results screen" by clicking "triangle" (Y on Xbox) while in orbit. For crucible and strikes, this brings up the results and the crucible/strike "logo" or key art in the top eight of the screen. While it loads in, the key art has a visual flourish where the outer elements of the art "move" outward as they are loaded in. Gambit, which was added later in the games life cycle, does not have this flourish. Instead it's key art simply "pops" in and it looks, I dunno, cheaper? (thanks /u/Orenn16)
    submitted by /u/orangpelupa
    [link] [comments]

    [POLLS] What are your favorite exotics in Destiny 2? Vote here !

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:47 PM PST

    I was curious to see what would be guardian's favorite exotics, so I made a few polls and separated exotics by their categories. You can vote on each poll in just a few seconds :

    Submachine Gun https://strawpoll.com/w5jr76bwq

    Auto Rifle https://strawpoll.com/pffjpwxpj

    Hand Cannon https://strawpoll.com/revxzhe2g

    Pulse Rifle https://strawpoll.com/jzr5eau18

    Scout Rifle https://strawpoll.com/7zqdfh1zd

    Fusion Rifle https://strawpoll.com/odek344jo

    Linear Fusion Rifle https://strawpoll.com/hgey22zgb

    Sniper Rifle https://strawpoll.com/juwjuc6we

    Trace Rifle https://strawpoll.com/a7yu9xqkq

    Shotgun https://strawpoll.com/qbv2jv8o9

    Sidearm https://strawpoll.com/72163b8pe

    Grenade Launcher https://strawpoll.com/6fuqfo5j5

    Machine Gun https://strawpoll.com/r344d5bvj

    Rocket Launcher https://strawpoll.com/gcsx9s52b

    Bow https://strawpoll.com/p3xpqha3a

    Sword https://strawpoll.com/uyk9uxc86

    The next round will involve the winner for each category, so vote and leave a comment if you want the maximum amount of guardians to vote ! I'm very curious about the results and so are quite a few others I'm sure...

    submitted by /u/AtomisteBX
    [link] [comments]

    Double Nightfall Rewards Feels Rewarding

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:29 PM PST

    I generally don't like Monotous content, playing the same mission back to back and over and over, however Having done the Nightfall this week probably 20 times I haven't minded almost at all because I've been rewarded for that Time and Effort with generous rewards and resources, Exotics, Prisms..

    This Feels good, It should feel like this normally especially with the current Sunset Economy, Prisms should not be so hard to get or take up so much time.

    I would never even consider the Nightfalls more than three times if it had not been for Double Rewards.

    submitted by /u/Samskihero
    [link] [comments]

    I hope next season's pinnacle weapon is Not Forgotten wrapped in a blanket, like Adored.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:47 PM PST

    A little satire here, but NF to me is the perfect hand cannon. With Magnificent Howl I feel I can out duel anything.

    If NF isnt making return I'll begrudgingly settle for my 21% delrium.

    submitted by /u/Skew-t
    [link] [comments]

    I Finally Soloed the Shattered Throne

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:11 PM PST

    I began playing Destiny 2 in November 2018. While I can't remember the date I first logged on, I remember running through the Red War campaign with my brother, who introduced me to the game, and being completely lost because he was overleveled for everything. Curse of Osiris, Warmind, and Forsaken played out in a similar fashion. Since then, I've played on and off, returning for the underwhelming seasons and taking a break during the good ones. Such is life.

    I left about halfway through Season of Arrivals because raiding was bad for my mental health, and didn't come back until after Beyond Light had released. Once again, I don't remember the exact date, but I made my return in November 2020, with the intent to defeat Dûl Incaru in a one-person fireteam. And on January 31, 2021, I succeeded. And then I told my brother.

    At this point, the average gamer might wonder why I'm so excited about beating the Shattered Throne solo. But I am not the average gamer. There are two crucial distinctions that set me apart from average gamers everywhere, landing me in a class where few belong and fewer still remain. See, I'm bad at video games. Really bad. Destiny 2's aim assist isn't enough to salvage my headshot accuracy, I have the reaction times of a drunk and about the same situational awareness, and I've deleted more god rolls than I care to count. But I keep trying anyway.

    Hey, it's worked out so far.

    First, I had to acquire the proper gear. Adored and Lament were easy enough. Anarchy and Heritage took more time. The Beyond Light campaign gifted me some nifty new Darkness powers and a Long Shadow, I had a good Escape Velocity in my Vault, and once I found out that the New Light quest awards a curated Night Watch, I had my favorite scout rifle with the new logo in the top right corner. Which doesn't actually make it new content, but that's been talked to death already, and while I've deluded myself into thinking I can write, I can't delude myself into thinking I can make that subject interesting again. And of course, I had the Recluse. The sun may have set on its reign, but just like the British Empire, its loyalists will continue acting like it's still relevant for the rest of time.

    Next, I had to decide whether to run on Warlock or Hunter. I chose the latter so I could crutch on invisibility, and because I'm awful at platforming and Hunter has the most forgiving double-jump.

    With my equipment in order and my class chosen, it was time to take on the Shattered Throne. I made it as far as the pit with all the beams and Ogres, but then I slipped and fell to my death, thanks to one of the lovely quirks of Destiny 2 platforming. Angled surfaces won't always refund your double jump. Confused and annoyed, I did what any sensible, mature individual would do. I Alt-F4ed and complained about how stupid the game was for several minutes.

    A few hours later, I made my second attempt. That one ended in the first encounter when two Ravenous Taken Phalanxes teleported in defiance of all known laws of Destiny, then used their combined powers to slam me against a wall real hard. In keeping with my maturity and good sense, I Alt-F4ed again, then proceeded to make shrill, screeching noises. Like a monkey.

    Later that evening, I tried again. My plan of killing all the Labyrinth Architects with Lament worked when I had Lament ammo and didn't when the game decided to pull a big funny and never drop a heavy brick. But I killed everything without much trouble and moved on.

    The Descent was the first part that got my palms sweaty. Specifically, the bit that had killed me the first time, with the narrow beams and the Taken Ogres. But I didn't screw up and fall to my death again. Invisibility got me through the Thrallway without any trouble, and after a few more close calls with Taken Phalanxes, it was time for Vorgeth. I wasn't sure how to do the Vorgeth skip, or if it was even still in the game, and I didn't want to waste time charging a Blade Barrage for a strategy that might not even work. So I dove into the Vorgeth fight, fully expecting to earn the first death of the run at the withered hands of the cheapest enemies in the game.

    I did not die during the Vorgeth fight.

    Granted, it took me three phases, because I had the bright idea to kill him with Anarchy and a sniper rifle. Unfortunately, sticking him with the mines triggered his axion attack, so instead of sniping him, I had to shoot down projectiles with my Recluse throughout the whole damage phase. I don't know what's more of a miracle, the fact that I didn't die, or the fact that it only took me three damage phases to kill him. Near the end, I had a close call with the Petitioner's Marks, with the last one I needed despawning. Having survived two phases so far, I was terrified at the prospect of having to do this all over again, but somehow my panicked ability spam was able to kill the replacement Wizard and its lackeys before the timer ran out.

    The Ascent was mostly uneventful, though the enemy spawns were different than I remembered, and I spent quite some time in the second Thrallway farming heavy ammo. Much to my surprise, I did not die on the Wipeout Wall, and I went into the final fight wondering if I could actually get a flawless clear. My hopes rose high in tandem with my character.

    Then I died.

    The Dûl Incaru fight began well enough. I killed everything with Anarchy and Shadowshot, and then I tried to click on Dûl Incaru's head with a sniper rifle. But my hands were shaking so much that my typically terrible aim was even more abysmal than usual, and Finite Thought x3 wasn't enough to secure me the one-phase. I was on top tree Nightstalker, so I couldn't go invisible as often, and the enemies just spammed me to death. I'll omit the usual drivel about how I wanted to quit right then and there but kept going by sheer force of will, because no one cares.

    My first death led to thirteen more, because the Shattered Throne doesn't have Rally Banner spots and the Taken Psions were being stingy with ammo. I tried a run with Celestial Nighthawk and bottom tree Golden Gun, but as I found out, invisibility was the only thing keeping me alive in spite of my ineptitude. Then it was back to farming. I'd switched to Heritage and Recluse over Escape Velocity and Adored, the better to not miss all of my shots with, but I still didn't manage the one-phase kill. This time, though, I survived to see it through.

    After more than two years of playing Destiny 2, after more than a year of wanting to solo the Shattered Throne, and after over two months of preparation and making excuses for why I hadn't done it yet, I put the final round in Dûl Incaru. Mission complete.

    A triumphant "yes!" was out of my mouth before I remembered how late it was. Luckily, nothing came of that mistake. I took screenshots like I was my own proud parent, then closed out the game and got writing. As I've mentioned, I've managed to delude myself into thinking I can write something worth reading, and no one's managed to stop me yet.

    At this point, if the average gamer's attention span hasn't been depleted, they might be wondering why I bothered to write about my experience soloing an activity that's over two years old and not very hard. In part, it just felt right to record this moment. I'd consider it one of my proudest achievements. Not that I've got many to choose from, but still.

    More importantly, though, is that my victory is proof that pretty much anyone can solo the Shattered Throne. I've gone entire Crucible games without landing a single final blow, I've died to the ads on the second encounter of the Prophecy dungeon, and once, I failed the Sparrow section of Deep Stone Crypt so many times that a teammate had to go back and lead me to the end. If someone that bad at Destiny can beat the Shattered Throne solo, then chances are, you can too. And who knows, maybe you'll even go flawless. Though I certainly won't.

    For those wondering, the first encounter dropped a Tigerspite with Outlaw and Pulse Monitor. The Vorgeth encounter yielded Reverie Dawn Strides, and the Dûl Incaru fight gave me a Waking Vigil with Triple Tap and Snapshot Sights. I didn't bother with any of the secret chests.

    submitted by /u/Mistigrith
    [link] [comments]

    Heal thyself mod is available at banshee

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:31 AM PST

    Charged with light mod that I was missing, time to grab...

    submitted by /u/The_rabbi1
    [link] [comments]

    Why Don't we have more variety in the crucible like Sparrow Racing or Rift?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    I've been wondering for awhile why we don't see more variety other crucible other than just pure gunplay. But also they should let us play a pure guns only playlist.

    submitted by /u/MegaZeroX0
    [link] [comments]

    A Solution to 3rd-Person peeking in PVP

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:34 PM PST

    My proposed solution to Swordpeeking and Emotepeeking inside PVP utilizing Assets which are already ingame:

    Emotes:

    -If you Emote in PVP you get the "Finisher fog" from PVE around you for the duration of the Emote + Radar gets disabled. It starts at ~3-5m around the Player. The "Fog-effect" is Clientsided and wont be visible to other Players. To not create Loopholes with Emote spaming: the Fog only disappears after the camera returns to Firstperson (this should be ~1sec).

    A Picture of how I imagine it to look like: https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/l9os9h/my_solution_for_3rd_person_peeking_with_emotes_in/

    Swords:

    -If you don't have sword ammo you can't equip any Sword. The Text for "no Heavy ammo" pops up and you can just swap between you Primary and secondary Weapon. (This change also wouldn't hurt any content inside PVE aswell).

    This Solution might not be perfect but Bungie needs our Input on this Topic and this is my proposed solution for a "quick Fix". This could also only be limited to the Competitive and Trials Playlist as 3rd-Person peeking is not that big of an issue in Controll or casual Gamemodes.

    Thanks for reading :)

    submitted by /u/user_reign
    [link] [comments]

    Please Fix Gambit Damage Scaling

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Does anyone feel like enemies do way too much damage in Gambit now? I've gotten Hive with Shriekers and died almost instantly to them over and over. For reference I had 60 resilience. This has been a problem in the past but seems worse than ever with the revised Gambit.

    submitted by /u/zurnic
    [link] [comments]

    Does Bungie plan on increasing console sensitivity options with crossplay?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:22 AM PST

    The max sensitivity is a lot slower than other games to me. i was wondering if they plan on increasing it since console will eventually be facing players that can 180 flick onto people. I know its impossible to give console players that speed but anything faster than the current max sensitivity is a must for crossplay.

    submitted by /u/CrimsonPablo
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallen Exotic Idea] Enhancing the Dreg's Promise for Destiny 2

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Some of the coolest weapons and end-game gear are wieldable versions of enemy weapons and armor. Today we're evolving the Fallen Shock Pistol exotic from D1, the Dreg's Promise, to a more unique Destiny 2 variant that's actually good. This concept aims to stay true to the original gun while incorporating some of D2's awesome additions, specifically the Scorn.

    TLDR; bring back Dregs Promise as a utility weapon with element switching mechanics, some light cc, and decent PvE dmg.

    The new Dreg's Promise is an Adaptive frame sidearm that fires a 3-round burst. Projectiles have mid-low range and travel-time, but they track when firing from ADS. In PvE, base damage could be slightly higher (~10%) than the Adaptive (High Albedo) archetype. It encompasses the Shock Pistol, Scorn Pistol, and Scorn Repeater Pistol. Since tracking can really mess up crits, body damage should be much higher in PvE, but normal in PvP if possible.

    Fallen-based exotics usually have great utility/versatility when tuned correctly, so I'm adding element switching (a mix between Hard Light & Suros) and a choice between flinch (arc) or slow (void) for PvE. Since tracking can mess up crits, body damage should be much higher in PvE.

    The ("new") Dreg's Promise

    Exotic Trait - Shock and Scorn Pistol: Fires 3-burst tracking rounds. Hold [Reload] after a kill to load Scorn Pistol rounds. Scorn Pistol fires a high-damage (3x) 3-round solar spread at a lower firerate (~40% slower?).

    • The Scorn Pistol mode behaves like a mini close-ranged shotgun that deals ~3x more dmg than Shock Pistol mode, but fires at a slower rate (~260 RPMish?). In PvP, damage could be similar to Cerberus Focus-Fire mode.

    Barrel - Chambered Compensator (recoil and stability).

    Battery - Particle Repeater (stability)

    Exotic Perk Column:

    • (Option 1) - Shock Rounds: Faster-firing ricochet Arc rounds with enhanced target acquisition and flinch.
    • (Option 2) - Void Repeater: Slower-firing Void rounds that slightly slow enemies on contact.

    Exotic Grip/Stock - Combat Grip (recoil direction)

    Catalyst - From the Grave: Melee kills with this weapon equipped reload the weapon from reserves and trigger Shock and Scorn.

    A Note for PVP: Dreg's Promise has tracking rounds that need to be balanced with a higher than avg TtK. This weapon should be best in close quarters when pre-firing. Getting a kill and proccing Scorn Pistol makes Dregs a lethal close range weapon.

    That's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. I'd love to hear your thoughts or feedback.

    submitted by /u/WayofSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Strength of Memory is still bugged but hasn't been mentioned since December's TWAB and isn't on the issues list.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:03 AM PST

    This was mentioned in the TWAB at the start of December but is not listed on any of the bug lists. As of today, this challenge is still bugged and cannot be completed legit.

    Strength of Memory - no member of the fireteam can hit the same eye more than once.

    What is actually happening is the fireteam is being treated as a single entity and so if any eye come up more than once, it doesn't matter who hits it, the challenge fails.

    ~

    Example from today:

    Trees side had L4, L5. Player 1 shot both.

    Crystal side had L1, R2. Player 2 shot both.

    Up top Player 3 was assigned L1, L2, L3.

    Player 4 was assigned L4, R1, R4.

    No other member of the team shot an eye (all focused on dps). The challenge failed the moment the L4 eye was shot even though player 4 had not shot any other eye.

    ~

    The ONLY way to complete this challenge is to cheese it to avoid the eyes entirely.

    Please can this be included in the bugs list until it is fixed. It was a great challenge when working and gave so many of us a sense of accomplishment. I dunno why it broke but it has been bugged since November at least.

    submitted by /u/Hanxa13
    [link] [comments]

    A sincere thank you to this game

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:16 PM PST

    I just kinda felt like posting this to be honest so here goes.

    Regardless of what ever problems I Think the game currently has. The destiny series holds a truly special place in my heart. If it were not for this game I wouldn't have met some of my closest friends to this day.

    And it was those same friends that helped me through some of the toughest parts of my addimtly young life. Im only 18 after all.

    We survived the terrible teens together thanks yo this game. I managed to move past my self loathing tendencies and actually learnt to love myself again because of their support, support u would not have had of not for this game.

    Despite the fact you drive me up the walls with this game bungie. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart... now when can Crow move in with me damn it!

    submitted by /u/Soaring_Dragon_
    [link] [comments]

    Slug Shotguns vs. Sanctified Mind - 1 Phase

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:21 PM PST

    We were bored and did a Garden of Salvation and decided to try Slug Shotguns against the final Boss. Turns out they are a somewhat viable against Sanctified Mind.

    We used a double tether for this setup, you could also do it in 1 but that would require you to run a few more nova bombs.

    I don't think that this is viable in Speedruns or anything like that, but it's definitely a cool thing to do if you and your Raid group got nothing to do.

    Here's the video Double Slug Shotguns vs. Sanctified Mind

    submitted by /u/Schendziee
    [link] [comments]

    New and considerably easier Frostbite glitch for DSC and sparrow path guide

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:30 PM PST

    This is infinitely better than the previous frostbite glitch of dipping outside of the door and trying to time it right. Heres a video guide on how to negate frostbite and get to the chest without a bunch of hassle.

    This is a super easy way to take the pikes for the sparrow triumph as well.

    Massive shoutout to u/mfairfld for discovering this cosmic-brain method!

    submitted by /u/Likilokaikai
    [link] [comments]

    Coldheart bugged

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:51 AM PST

    The levels of damage no longer increase when focusing on a single target. I don't know if this is just me or if it's for everyone.

    submitted by /u/SnooLobsters6084
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny should have more "sword" models

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:16 PM PST

    I absolutely love Destiny and all of its fantasy aspects. Which means I love swords and the idea of packing melee weapons in general.

    Ideally it would be awesome to have more then just swords as melee weapon options, but it would be a lot for work.

    So why not just have more models for swords besides swords but work the same?

    It would be awesome as a Titan to be packing around a massive axe or hammer instead of just a sword.

    Anyways just a thought from a guy who likes to smash things as a Titan.

    submitted by /u/MechaMonst3r
    [link] [comments]

    Revamped Exotic Weapons That Haven't Returned in D2

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:18 PM PST

    Greetings fellow Guardians!

    Long time (mostly) lurker here. I know I'm not the only one who misses some of the D1 exotic weapons. I don't know if Bungie ever plans on bringing back any of those left behind, but I think it would be fun to imagine what a D2 version of them would be like. So I took it upon myself to revamp every exotic weapon that hasn't returned.

    A few things to note:

    I noticed that a lot of exotic weapons we have now, including returning ones, are much more powerful than what we had in D1. In my revamps, I made changes that I thought would make each weapon more powerful than before, but also not crazy powerful compared to the current D2 selection. I also thought it was important to preserve the "spirit" of what the weapons were, so everything I did also tries to stay true to the original identity of the weapons.

    Some of what I put in here was inspired by ideas I've seen from other Guardians, in particular u/profanewingss, who made their own version of this post about 6 months ago. There were some ideas in that post that I felt I just couldn't beat (increasing damage on Touch of Malice, "Holding Out" on Tlaloc. Also, I coincidentally ended up having pretty much the same ideas for Abaddon and Nova Mortis). I tried to throw my own spin on their great ideas, but the inspiration is so strong here that I figured I should give credit where it's due. If you see this u/profanewingss, I hope you enjoy it!

    I want this to be a discussion (hence the flair), so feel free to present your own ideas and/or critique mine. More viewpoints are always better, and if I threw something in here that could have unintended consequences, I'd like to see how others would remedy that. All in all, I really like "armchair" game development, so this is me getting my ideas out there. Enjoy!

    ____________________________________________Primary Weapons_____________________________________________

    BOOLEAN GEMINI // Scout // Kinetic // 180-260 Precision Frame

    Intrinsic: Versatility: This weapon's sight highlights enemies. This weapon has increased target acquisition when firing from the hip

    Trait 1: One Way: Increased fire rate, handling, and magazine capacity, decreased impact, range, stability, and reload speed. Precision kills grant increased agility and movement speed until this weapon is stowed. Stacks 5x (8 Agility per stack)

    //OR (choose)//

    Trait 2: Or Another: Increased impact, range, stability, and reload speed, decreased fire rate, handling, and magazine capacity. Non-precision kills grant increased resilience until this weapon is reloaded. Stacks 3x (10 Resilience per stack)

    FABIAN STRATEGY // Auto // Kinetic // 450-600 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: Crowd Control: This weapon gains bonus damage and increased rate of fire when at least one enemy is in very close proximity. Stacks 5x (for RPM, 0 stacks = 450, 1 stack = 480, 2 stacks = 510, 3 stacks = 540, 4 stacks = 570, 5 stacks = 600)

    Trait: Front Lines: Kills with this weapon while Crowd Control is active reload a portion of the magazine based on that number of stacks. Kills while in critical health have a chance to begin health regeneration

    THE FIRST CURSE // Handcannon // Kinetic // 110 High Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: Dead Eye: Aiming with this weapon is incredibly fast. Increased range, stability, movement speed, and damage when ADS

    Trait: Maverick: Rapidly landing precision hits has a chance of returning a round to the magazine. Precision kills move one round from reserves to the magazine, and grant increased target acquisition until the next non-precision shot

    KHVOSTOV 7G-0X // Rifle // Kinetic // High-Impact, Adaptive, Rapid-Fire Frame

    Choose: Modernized or classic RDS

    Choose: Automatic, Burst Fire, or Semi-Auto

    Choose: Inc. handling & inc. reload, inc. range & dec. reload, or inc. stability & dec. magazine capacity

    Choose: Inc stability, inc. range, or inc. magazine capacity

    Choose: Low ROF & inc. range, medium ROF & inc. handling, or high ROF & inc. stability

    RED DEATH // Pulse // Kinetic // 340 High Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: Blood Rage: This weapon receives less flinch while aiming at a target. Kills with this weapon greatly increase reload speed and begin a short period of health regeneration

    Trait: Blood Magic: Kills with this weapon while Blood Rage is active briefly generate an overshield for the wielder

    TOUCH OF MALICE // Scout // Kinetic // 260 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: Malice: The final round of the magazine regenerates and deals bonus damage at the cost of the wielder's life force. This weapon's damage increases the lower the wielder's life force.

    Trait: Mercy: Three rapid kills will return a portion of the wielder's life force. A larger portion is returned depending on how many of them are precision kills

    DREG'S PROMISE // Sidearm // Arc // 491 Burst Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Shock Rounds: This weapon fires bursts of slow-moving electric rounds that aggressively track targets

    Trait: Packmember's Vow: Melee attacks reload a portion of this weapon's magazine and deal increased damage while this weapon is drawn

    NECROCHASM // Auto // Arc // 900 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: Cursebringer: Kills with this weapon cause a Cursed Thrall explosion. Melee kills refill a large portion of this weapon's magazine

    Trait: The Ritual: Cursebringer explosions increase in radius and damage based on the total damage dealt to the target with this weapon

    TLALOC // Scout // Energy // 150-180-200 High-Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: Overflow: This weapon deals elemental damage matching that of your equipped subclass when your super is charged. This weapon's rate of fire, handling, and reload speed increase as your super charges. Casting your super ends this effect. Stacks 4x (150 for 0-49%, 180 for 50-99%, 200 for 100%. Icon on the HUD is color of subclass element when at 4 stacks)

    Trait: Holding Out: Kills with this weapon grant increased grenade, melee, and class ability energy based on Overflow's intensity

    TRESPASSER // Sidearm // Arc // 491 Burst Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Be the Danger: This weapon fires in bursts with deadly accuracy. Your radar is enhanced with this weapon drawn

    Trait: Unrepentant: Kills increase this weapon's reload speed. Reloading after a kill grants this weapon a longer and more powerful superburst. A precision kill while this perk is active reactivates this perk

    VEX MYTHOCLAST // Fusion // Solar // 360 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: Timeless Mythoclast: This weapon has no charge time and fires single bolts in full-auto

    Trait: Fixed Point: Kills with this weapon briefly increase its damage and accuracy, and kills by only precision hits refund the expended ammo directly to the magazine

    ZHALO SUPERCELL // Auto // Arc // 600 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: Parallel Circuit: Hitting multiple targets allows lightning to chain between them, distributing sustained damage to all. This weapon's damage and accuracy increase with sustained fire

    Trait: Bolts from the Blue: Gain an amount of super energy based on the number of enemies killed while under the effects of Parallel Circuit

    ____________________________________________Special Weapons______________________________________________

    NO LAND BEYOND // Sniper // Kinetic // 72 Aggressive Frame

    Intrinsic: Frontiersman: This weapon receives more ammo on each pickup, but has a greatly reduced reserve capacity (1.5 full reloads, 9 rounds. Unaffected by scavenger perks). Missed shots have a chance to return directly to the magazine

    Trait: The Master: This weapon uses iron sights and has increased base precision damage. Precision kills with this weapon increase bolt-pull speed and briefly increase damage against the next target

    UNIVERSAL REMOTE // Shotgun // Kinetic // 55 Lightweight Frame

    Intrinsic: The Junker: This shotgun has a scope, and its range and precision damage increase greatly when ADS

    Trait: The Beast: Kills with this weapon move one round from reserves to the magazine and briefly increase the damage of the next shot

    HEREAFTER // Sniper // Arc // 90 Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Final Stand: Crouching greatly increases target acquisition. Precision kills with every round in the magazine refunds it. Grants dual-zoom on the scope (sprint while ADS to switch)

    Trait: Blinding Light: Precision kills with this weapon create a bright flash that blinds and highlights enemies nearby

    ICEBREAKER // Sniper // Solar // 72 Aggressive Frame

    Intrinsic: No Backpack: This weapon has no magazine and cannot be reloaded. Ammo for this weapon is generated by picking up Orbs of power (1 round per small Orb, 2 rounds per large Orb, 8 rounds total)

    Trait: Break the Ice: Victims of this weapon spontaneously combust, dealing damage to others nearby

    INVECTIVE // Shotgun // Solar // 7-round 140 Rapid-Fire Frame

    (I couldn't pick between the perk names lol)

    Intrinsic: Hold Your Tongue/Choice Words: This weapon fires in full-auto and generates ammo when its magazine is full

    Trait: Let 'em Have It/Tear 'em a New One: Quickly emptying this weapon's magazine grants considerable bonus damage on the final round

    PATIENCE AND TIME // Sniper // Kinetic // 140 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: All Ghillied Up: Retain radar while scoped. Scoping with the weapon grants a short period of invisibility. De-scoping ends this effect

    Trait: I can Wait: Increased accuracy when firing while invisible. You do not show up on radar when firing this weapon while crouched

    PLAN C // Fusion // Arc // 660 Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Out of Options: Massively increased target acquisition, draw speed, and charge speed, as well as greatly reduced bolt spread for a short time after switching to this weapon (1 second duration maybe? no cooldown that Backup Plan has; procs every time)

    Trait: Just in Time: Kills with this weapon while Out of Options is active begin health regeneration

    POCKET INFINITY // Fusion // Solar // 900 "Insane" Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: To Infinity: This weapon fires in full-auto and has a chance to return rounds that miss directly to the magazine

    Trait: And Beyond: Bolts from this weapon overpenetrate targets

    ZEN METEOR // Sniper // Solar // 72 Aggressive Frame

    Intrinsic: Dynamite: Grants explosive rounds. Precision Kills with all 3 rounds in the magazine loads a 4th extra-powerful round. Reloading or stowing this weapon ends this effect

    Trait: With a Laser Beam: The extra round from Dynamite causes a massive explosion. This weapon reloads faster based on the number of kills With a Laser Beam

    ____________________________________________Heavy Weapons_______________________________________________

    ABADDON // LMG // Solar // 450 Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Reign Hell: Kills with this weapon create bursts of fire that burn nearby enemies

    Trait: Incendiary Rounds: This weapon fires faster and more accurately the longer the trigger is held. Continuous damage creates bursts of fire

    BOLT CASTER // Sword // Arc // Caster Frame

    Intrinsic: Sword of Thunder: Shoot a beam of Arc Light from your sword that creates a lingering electrical storm that greatly damages enemies inside and chains damage to nearby enemies

    Trait: Thunderstorm: Kills from chained damage will chain damage again, but in a reduced amount

    Other Perks: Live by the Sword: Kills with this sword help regenerate its guard energy

    DARK DRINKER // Sword // Void // Vortex Frame

    Intrinsic: Supermassive Vortex: Unleash a devastating spiral of Void energy in all directions that slows and suppresses enemies

    Trait: Fill the Void: Enemies killed while under the effects of Supermassive Vortex begin health regeneration for the killer

    Other Perks: Die by the Sword: Bonus grenade energy from kills with this weapon

    DRAGON'S BREATH // Rocket // Solar // 15 High Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: Napalm Canister: this weapon fires a napalm canister that blankets a wide area with fire, causing DOT. Can be detonated early by releasing the trigger.

    Trait: Wildfire: Napalm sticks to all surfaces and enemies around the cannister's detonation, and the fire can spread between targets. Kills with this weapon increase it's reload speed

    GJALLARHORN // Rocket // Solar // 2 rocket 25 Aggressive Frame

    Intrinsic: Wolfpack Rounds: Rounds fired from this weapon have tracking and split into tracking cluster missiles upon detonation

    Trait: Strength of the Pack: Wolfpack Rounds deal more damage based on the number of nearby allies wielding this weapon. Stacks 5x

    NEMESIS STAR // LMG // Solar // 600-360 High Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: Extinction Cycle: On initial trigger pull, this weapon has a higher rate of fire. When holding down the trigger, this weapon's fire rate slows over time, but its damage increases over time

    Trait: Strange Gravity: This weapon increases in accuracy, stability and reload speed the lower its rate of fire becomes. Kills grant bonus Grenade energy

    NOVA MORTIS // LMG // Void // 450 Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Null Reign: Kills with this weapon generate Void fields that suppress enemies for a short time

    Trait: Negative Rounds: This weapon fires faster and more accurately the longer the trigger is held. Continuous damage generates Void fields

    RAZE LIGHTER // Sword // Solar // Adaptive Frame

    Intrinsic: Phoenix Uppercut: This weapon's heavy attack is a powerful uppercut that deals bonus damage and lights nearby enemies ablaze

    Trait: From Ashes: Enemies under the effect of Phoenix Uppercut receive bonus damage. Enemies killed under its effects return ammo to this weapon

    Other Perks: Thrive by the Sword: Bonus super energy from kills with this weapon

    SUPER GOOD ADVICE // LMG // Solar // 600 Rapid-Fire Frame

    Intrinsic: All That I Say: Rounds from this weapon that hit are replaced from reserves

    Trait: All That I Don't: Rounds from this weapon that miss have a large chance to return to the magazine

    YOUNG WOLF'S HOWL // Sword // Solar // High Impact Frame

    Intrinsic: Howling Flames: Unleash a fiery Solar eruption that travels along the ground, burning and weakening enemies in its path

    Trait: Iron Wolf: Enemies killed while under the effects of Howling Flames grant a temporary overshield for you and nearby allies

    Other Perks: Thrive by the Sword: Bonus super energy from kills with this weapon

    submitted by /u/ApexPredator486434
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment