• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 3, 2021

    Destiny [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-07-02]

    Destiny [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-07-02]


    [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-07-02]

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Trials of Osiris is LIVE

    This thread is for all general discussion, questions, thoughts, musings, wonderings, etc. for the Trials of Osiris.

    FAQ

    What is Trials of Osiris?

    • Trials of Osiris is the pinnacle PvP activity. Every Weekend, the best players compete in 3v3 Elimination for one goal: Go Flawless.

    • To start, head to Saint-14 in the Tower Hangar and buy one of the possible passages (see below).

    • To reach Flawless and get to the Lighthouse, you need to win 7 matches without losing one.

    • It uses Win Based Matchmaking, which means you'll face teams with a similar amount of wins on their card. Matches will get harder as you win more matches.

    • There is NO fireteam matchmaking. You need to team up yourself!

    • Power Level matters, however bonus power from the artifact is not enabled.

    How Long do the Trials of Osiris last?

    • Event Starts: Every Friday at Daily Reset (1700 UTC).

    • Event Ends: Following Tuesday at Weekly Reset (1700 UTC).

    Where do I go to find Guardians to compete with in the Trials?

    • You can head over to /r/Fireteams, www.The100.io, Xbox LFG system, DestinyLFG.net or DestinyLFG.com, or go to the Bungie.net recruitment forum (also available through the Bungie App).

    What if I have a question about another piece of armor/weapon or general Trials question?

    • Use Control + F (Or Command + F if on a Mac) and search for keywords in your question. Someone may have asked it already. If they haven't ask right below.

    Trials of Osiris Map

    Dead Cliffs

    Rewards

    Rotation not known yet, please let us know!

    • 3 Wins (Powerful): The Messenger
    • 5 Wins (Powerful): Finger Protectors (Arms)
    • 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Shayura's Wrath
    • Flawless (Pinnacle): Sola's Scar (Adept

    Bounties

    Name Description Cost Requirement Reward
    End Game Complete matches and rounds. Wins in the Trials of Osiris grant the most efficient progress. Awards the 3 Win Challenge reward from this week. 1000 Glimmer 100 Progress XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Progress & 5 Trials Token & 1 Trials Engram
    Starfire Alignment As a fireteam, defeat opponents using Solar damage in the Trials of Osiris. 1000 Glimmer 100 [Solar] Solar XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Progress & 5 Trials Token

    Passages

    Name Perk Cost
    Passage of Mercy Forgives one loss per run. 25000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Ferocity With zero losses, your third win grants a bonus win. 25000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Wealth Increased tokens from reaching 3, 5, and 7 wins on a ticket. 35000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Wisdom Grants bonus XP from Trials wins, scaling with the number of wins on a ticket. 35000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Confidence Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. 50000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards
    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Discussion - Salt-Free Saturday!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Howdy Guardians! Today is Salt-Free Saturday!

    Wanna get your Destiny discussion going without worrying about negativity? Wanna talk about things you like in the game without anyone jumping down your throat? This is the place for you.

    Our rules will still be enforced here, with the (hopefully obvious) addition of NO SALT ALLOWED. And remember, keep it related to Destiny.

    (Note: This does NOT mean that salt-free posts are to be relegated here. Only that salt isn't allowed in this Megathread.)


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Got an exotic!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    This may get lost in the feed and not many will care... But I just got an exotic hunter SMG! It works so well and the perk is that when you get a kill it stacks the damage multiplier by 2x. You can take out legionaries with 3 shots and it hold 30 rounds. Sorry I just got excited!

    submitted by /u/MoonWaffle47
    [link] [comments]

    Let's be honest here, do we really have to even argue that Anarchy needs a nerf?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    I haven't done a single raid since Scourge where if someone had Anarchy for boss DPS, they werent running it. The fact that you can deal so much passive damage while ALSO shooting your other two weapons (usually two slugs for around 200,000 DPS) is insane and kinds unbalanced IMO. Xenophage, Lament, Izanagi's Burden, Sleeper Simulant, you name a hard hitting heavy exotic, and Anarchy just blows its DPS outta the water. Why can I hit 1.9 million damage consistently using Anarchy and two slugs, yet when I switch to Xeno it drops below 1.3 million consistently? Doesn't really seem all that balanced to me.

    Edit - 250 of the people who viewed this upvoted. Why you did, I have no clue, but I think it'd be polite to at least acknowledge that. So uhhhhh, thanks?

    Edit of edit - I went back to finish taking care of my dogs, shower and take a shit and this post has 1.6 thousand upvotes. I don't know what I did, but poggers. Thanks to the folks who gave me awards while I was dropping a deuce, 'preciated.

    Now I have 3 thousand upvotes. Yall are wilding. Thank you for the awards by the way. I appreciate you all. Didn't have to do that but you did. Much love.

    submitted by /u/shannwa
    [link] [comments]

    We really should have a weapons testing area again

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    Maybe it's just me but, tribute hall was the best thing to ever happen to those of us who like to check average DPS, optimal ranges, and general spread without having to use the tried and true wall off the Cosmodrome/EDZ spawn.

    And i know, bigger fish to fry right now, but still it's just kind of a pain that the only place to really test weapons is either LS' or Sorrow's Harbor, which adds in all sorts of variables like enemies that arent stuck in place, ammo reserves, and just in general not being able to test more than minor and ultras.

    submitted by /u/dark1859
    [link] [comments]

    Really really strong vandal

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Ran into a really OP vandal in Destiny 1 patrol on the cosmodrome.. Ran an entire magazine of an auto rifle ammo 5 times, fired 4 rockets and even 3 head shots with my golden gun super, to finally kill him. So I ask what exactly did I run into? Btw he was level 8 and I'm at 37 with 198 light.

    Over 1000 upvotes!!!??? You guys are the best!!!!

    submitted by /u/GlavMaster99
    [link] [comments]

    I just realized the master VoG lockout system will effectively split my clan and ruin raiding for half of them.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    My clan isn't a super sweaty clan or anything we are mostly a friends and family clan but we have made ourselves into a clan that raids (no day ones yet but week 1 clears on the last 3 raids.) In scheduling our master difficulty runs next week I realized we won't have the group together until Thursday and we usually carry our less skilled or less available members on Tuesday. But who is going to want to take anyone through a normal run if it means losing their lock out for the week for master?

    submitted by /u/HentaiOtaku
    [link] [comments]

    Class item's can't roll with high stats, so lower their drop rate.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    Title. I don't want to turn in tons of IB tokens only to get 3 class items and 2 actual armor pieces that I care about.

    submitted by /u/DefiantPossession188
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie let us purchase and level up previous seasons battle passes

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:28 AM PDT

     Let me start by saying I started playing destiny 2 in season of the Black Armory and took a bit of a break until season of the Undying. The first battle pass they had was really cool but due to school and work I couldn't finish leveling it and missed out on the majority of the armor ornaments and the Eriana's Vow ornament. I missed all of the Saint-14 season, and the season of the Worthy and missed out on a chance for the sets that come with both. I feel like being season pass level 167 already comes with no benefits besides getting eververse engrams that mostly just contains transmat effects and purple ghost shells/sparrows. I got an idea from watching the Halo Infinite multiplayer overview where they say that players can go back and purchase/level up any battle pass from previous seasons that they want too. I feel like Destiny 2 should do the same. I know there are people who feel like those ornaments should be exclusive to those who played that season but I feel like it's unfair to the players who had things going on outside of Destiny and to newer players who just want some good looking armor. Of course these older passes would still have to be paid for but I feel like Bungie could make good money doing it so it would be a win win for everybody. :) 

    TLDR: Players should be able to purchase and level up previous season passes.

    submitted by /u/ClaudetteInBush
    [link] [comments]

    Actually playing Trials maybe a humbling experience but spending an hour in the mode to only get 2 drops is rage inducing.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Requiring 20 tokens for an engram drop when each bounty only gives 2 and a win only gives 1 is so perplexing to me. Not only is this just not good for anyone, good or bad, but feels like a completely different system compared to every other mode. The token drops to rewards ratio is just really off feeling. Honestly it's not even the token drop amounts it's the amount it takes to earn an engram. Bringing it down to 10 perk engram would go along way in helping the mode imo.

    submitted by /u/DefsNotAThrowawA
    [link] [comments]

    The whole process of resetting valor/infamy ranks is so convoluted. Cant we not just reset it from the director with a press and hold of a button like before?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    Not only do you have to slog going to the tower and speaking to each person respectively the biggest gripe is having to collect all rewards in order to reset said rank. Easy right? NOPE!!! Traveler forbid you have a full stack of shards and prisms (yet another issue that's been beaten to death) thus preventing from collecting 2 of the rewards. So what you need to do? Go out of the way to either get rid of the materials or master work one piece of armor just so you can make room to then collect them so you can reset the rank. Why get rid of the easy system of pressing and holding a button to reset from the director? Don't get me wrong I love the reward system but let me go there on my own time and collect my rewards either as I go along or retroactively as I play throughout the season.

    submitted by /u/InvadingBacon
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie should bring back the daily heroic mission

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    I want to be able to play story missions more than once. But I also think that having the daily heroic back would give players a reason to log on besides tuesday reset. Especially if it dropped pinnacle gear (powerful would be ok though).

    Edit: maybe they could be rerunnable like the master lost sectors.

    submitted by /u/_THE_SAUCE_
    [link] [comments]

    Hot Scorn Summer

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    Scorn died in a funny pose and decided to doodle em

    submitted by /u/Tuffbunny13
    [link] [comments]

    We need Urzok back in Skywatch

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 11:48 PM PDT

    The Cosmodrome is too much of a stroll nowadays. I want someone to strike fear into my heart while casually patrolling.

    I get that it's a starting area for new players, but that didn't stop the guy in D1, did it?

    submitted by /u/Malek986
    [link] [comments]

    So I did my first ever Grand Master Nightfall this week

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    It was a blast! My first attempt went good till Kargen, where he decided to delete our whole team with his void attack. The team decided to blame me as I was the one who created LFG post and it was my first time ever (I'm not gonna say I was the best on the team, but I personally don't think I was the worst).

    Second attempt was a new fire team and we beat him! It got a tad bit spicy at times but it was by far one of the most challenging yet fun PvE activities I've done. Since then I've ran it a few more times and I kinda know what to do now.

    If anyone is curious I was a titan running helm of saint 14, running witherhoard as my exotic weapon.

    submitted by /u/babacanoe
    [link] [comments]

    Suffering from Success: Explosive Payload Firefly

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    It really grinds my gears when the damage from explosive payload gets the kill and firefly fails to proc.

    submitted by /u/Fuzzy_Nugget
    [link] [comments]

    Salvation grip catalyst idea

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    Switch fire to the different types of stasis grenades.

    submitted by /u/MarukoRedfox
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie plz: Can we get zoom in and out features in appearance customization?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Why do I suck so much

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    I have been playing destiny for some time now and after all these years for some reason I am still soooooo bad at crucible. I get bottom of the leaderboard everytime with a negative KD. I try and use meta weapons with god rolls but I still do horrible idk how to get better at crucible.

    submitted by /u/Blackjack2433
    [link] [comments]

    Revert the whisper base precision damage nerf.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    That nerf was justified back when the gun created ammo from thin air, but that's no longer the case. It deals less damage than a single slug round even with the catalyst while being a HEAVY AND AN EXOTIC weapon, add in the massive flinch snipers get when getting shot on top of that and the fact that if you miss one shot you're screwed makes it a high risk low reward weapon.

    If you want the community to use other exotics, then why not make them viable first?

    submitted by /u/Swordwielder-
    [link] [comments]

    I really want Savathun to give us our next Darkness subclass

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    I don't know if this is even possible for her, but given that she commands the Taken, I think it would be cool if the next Darkness subclass were a Blight/Taken subclass. I've been guessing at the next subclass for a while and I think something focused around corruption, decay, venom, etc. would be an intriguing addition to our arsenal.

    Blight/Taken fulfills the criteria of being a darkness power, and it has elements of decay and corruption, AND we already have the ability to assume a Taken Visage with the Reverie Dawn set and a tincture of queensfoil. The Fun Buff from Last Wish already has some Taken guardian model and effect work done for it, though that doesn't mean a revamp or upgrade of those effects for a playable class wouldn't be warranted.

    But from a lore perspective,

    From Destinypedia,

    When three sibling Hive heretics of the Spawn of Crota, Malkanth, Akrazul, and Azavath, sought to rebel against the daughters of Savathûn's nephew, Crota, who had taken over the leadership of the Hidden Swarm, Savathûn was revealed to be the master behind their situation. As the Wizard Malkanth performed a ritual to put the essence of Akrazul, a crippled Knight, into the body of her fellow Wizard Azavath, the plan backfired. Akrazul's rage was so great that it became unbridled within Azavath's body, leading him to slay Malkanth and assault the Swarm. As Malkanth's essence had left her body in her death, Savathûn whispered to Azavath's essence and instructed her to take up the mantle of Deathsinger. Placing her essence into Malkanth's body, Azavath would become Ir Airâm, Deathsinger, killing both Akrazul and the Swarm's champion Zulmak with her Deathsong. Savathûn captured Zulmak's essence as he died for her own purposes, and discussed with Malkanth's essence, without a body, before she died. The Witch-Queen told Malkanth of her dismissal of gods and "absolutes" such as time, space, and death, when they are all so easily broken. Believing that when the final absolute falls reality will face a final and complete ending, Savathûn said she wished to ensure that end would not come to pass as Malkanth's essence faded away into nothing.

    In this sense, I don't think we and Savathun are at cross purposes. Savathun lives by the Sword Logic, and I think it's possible that she understands that she needs allies exterior to the Hive to avert the final and complete ending. I also think it's possible that she believes we are an appropriate ally, after subjecting us to her schemes and plans to empower us through our own variant of Sword Logic.

    submitted by /u/Orudeon
    [link] [comments]

    Adept mag provides the same benefit as backup mag on some weapons, but decreases the handling.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I just got my first adept mod to slot on my adept hung jury, and I was a bit sad to see the benefit of the adept mag mod be nothing better than backup mag, while also decreasing the handling. I mean, I was under the assumption that adept mods were better than normal mods but I guess not lol

    @bungie hopefully this will get fixed sometime pls thank u <3

    edit: i'm now aware that guns have a magazine size cap. why? im curious to hear the reasoning behind it

    submitted by /u/Chromatic2463
    [link] [comments]

    Hitting 3.3 Million Damage on Atheon with Fusion Grenades + Salvo Titan

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 03:04 PM PDT

    So I've been told that you can reach around 3 Million damage on Atheon so I tried it out and here we are.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfuS4wxVCo

    I've been trying to get 3.5 Million tho but i can't get it perfectly-- would prolly need some more practice.
    And... I've heard some people can get up to 4 million in 1 phase which is nuts.
    Anyway I love this build and it's crazy, if you guys have anymore suggestions for other builds that i could try out then that would be great.

    Weapons : Salvager's Salvo with Demolitionist + Vorpal Weapon, Anarchy
    Mods: 2x Firepower Mod, Supercharged, Taking Charge Mod and Breach and Clear. + 2x Innervation Mods Exotic Armor : Heart of Inmost Light
    Mid Tree Solar Sunbreaker

    submitted by /u/tikigaming1423
    [link] [comments]

    Some kind of focusing for Iron Banner bounty rewards would be the biggest slam dunk imaginable for PvP

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    As much as I enjoy IB on its own merit (a lot of friends get on because it's a great way to catch up on leveling together), we need something there. Decided to main my titan this season (energy accelerant + sunshot with a side of ashen wake middle tree fusions on atheon kinda forced my hand) and I hit 1320 a week or two ago. Running IB to catch up on seasonal alts seemed the obvious choice.

    cut to me getting 8 weapons, spending several hours getting literally jack shit

    I know bungie has been exploring ways to innovate with Iron Banner. This would be the easiest improvement by far. Just do it y'all. My sanity is leaving my body.

    submitted by /u/dadkisser84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment