• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Destiny [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-01-03]

    Destiny [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-01-03]


    [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-01-03]

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine

    Description:

    A peddler of strange curios, Xûr's motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the Nine.

    Location:

    IO, in the cave!

    Lord of Wolves - Shotgun

    Stomp EEs - Hunter legs

    Sanguine Alchemy - Warlock chest

    Dunemarchers - Titan Legs

    Fated Engram


    What's a Xûr?

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine, is a strange vendor who randomly appears in a Public Sector in each of the Worlds, depending on the current Flashpoint. Xûr sells Exotic equipment and only takes Legendary Shards in exchange for them.

    TL;DR: He's the Santa Claus of Destiny and every weekend is Christmas. Sometimes he brings you what you want, sometimes he brings you coal. Mostly it's coal.

    When does Xûr visit?

    Xûr visits every Friday at 17:00 UTC and departs at reset. If you would like to see all the live conversions of Time Zones, please follow this link here.

    Sort comments by New to join the conversation!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    [D2] Daily Reset Thread [2020-01-03]

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Daily Vanguard Modifiers

    Affect Strikes, Menagerie, Heroic Missions & Adventures

    • Void Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
    • Iron: Enemies have more health and are not staggered by damage.
    • Heavyweight: Power weapons deal more damage, and more ammo is available.

    Daily Reckoning Modifiers

    Affect all three tiers

    • Solar Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
    • Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.

    Daily Heroic Story Missions

    • Six (PL 750) - Nessus. A crashed colony ship, an interspecies war... Cayde-6 got that adventure he wanted. Go save him from it.
    • Combustion (PL 750) - Earth. Hawthorne's waiting on the cliffs above the salt mines. Help her get the word out: we rally at the Farm.
    • Hijacked (PL 750) - Nessus. You need a Vex Mind to help you read the map of the Infinite Forest. Head to Nessus to find one.
    • Beyond Infinity (PL 750) - Mercury. It's time to enter the Infinite Forest and find Osiris. Be prepared for anything.
    • Off-World Recovery (PL 750) - Earth. You need something to draw out Xol. A fragment of the Traveler has been located in the EDZ. Recover it.

    Daily Forge: Bergusia Forge


    Gunsmith Inventory


    Spider Material Exchange

    beep boop failed to fetch


    Bounties

    Unfortunately, Petra daily bounties can't be fetched through the API. Feel free to share them in the comments!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    It's not franchise fatigue for crazy players like myself with 100+ days of game time. The problem has become the boring loot, the over-the-top restrictions on armor, and Eververse hoarding every interesting non-weapon item in the game.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:56 PM PST

    I stopped playing last week. Call it a break, I don't have much plans to log in until I hear otherwise. Man, have I stuck it out with this franchise for a long time.

    I hear some say that I am experiencing franchise fatigue. Bro, I had franchise fatigue 3 years ago and I still didn't stop.

    Here it is for me, a player you definitely want because I am going to stack hours, I bring in players, and I am super active on promoting the game and helping out lots of people do stuff in the game they wouldn't have done otherwise.

    I nerd out on this game so much that I have a 115k+ triumph score, by accident.

    Anyway, Destiny sucks right now. This is the first time in 5 years I just flat out refuse to play despite there being active rewards I would normally chase, no questions asked.

    I like the Saint-14 stuff and the sundial stuff. I also concede my request that this stuff is actually challenging, because I also know there are lots of players who are not up for the challenging stuff and need something to do. So that's not my problem. Legend mode is due out soon. Hate waiting on it though.

    I don't take issue with the costs of anything. It's fairly priced. Per hour of experience, I actually would be willing to pay more, just saying.

    What I hate is the direction of loot.

    This problem escalates when the game feels holy unrewarding. I mean terribly unrewarding. I completed all the Warlock ability triumphs, yet neither the dawnblade emote or finisher was the reward for that. I bought Shadowkeep, but the themed sparrow wasn't a drop in the Nightfall. I'm in a pinnacle grind and even all of that loot is terrible because it's just the same old loot.

    And Armor 2.0. What a great step for this game, completely flipped upside down with the entire system being mired in an RNG clusterfuck. Affinities and the activity slot kills all the user experience for players who want to deep dive into finely tuned builds. It's all just a headache of different numbers and perks and if I had the patience I would try to explain this all in just one long ass run on sentence that never really seems to have an end because it is the best way to explain how armor 2.0 feels when players are trying to go through their armor and figure out what they can use so they can best be prepared to slay aliens, monsters, and other players so that they can prove to themselves that they are winning in life and they can make their mama's proud and Bungie would finally get what dealing with affinities and activity slots is like for the players who pay and play this game and want to enjoy it their way. Oh shit, I guess I did.

    For the love of God, at least allow us to switch the affinities and the activity mod slot. All the mods can stay grouped in their subsets, but we can just switch to all the shit we have earned on one armor piece instead of hoarding 500. I mean, Bungie, people are asking for more vault space again. And that hasn't been a problem for a couple years! It's all because we gotta hoard if we want to deep dive into it. The headaches are too much. I get it, keep people farming. But if they're not playing, they're not farming.

    Ok let's see here, bitched about armor 2.0, check. Bitched about eververse, check. Ahh shit, let's go for more.

    Eververse, bruh, Bungie. At this point I would buy a eververse season pass that just takes all the eververse gear and puts it into the game world. I really fucking would.

    Let's be real. The loot is boring and almost 99% of the loot in the game that I would love to play the game to earn actual requires me to have my hand on my wallet and not on the controller. That's what sucks about this game.

    So yea, this free to play model sucks. The sundial and stuff is cool. I don't mind having stuff play out over the course of the season...but none of that matters with the glaring eververse problem, the boring loot, and the unrewarding nature of the game right now.

    I miss loving this game, but it isn't me...it's you. I'm not bored, it's just that you're boring.

    TLDR: high level bitching about Eververse and affinities and crap like that. I hope you enjoyed.

    submitted by /u/Bartman1919
    [link] [comments]

    (Kotaku) Destiny 2's Eververse Store Is Getting Out Of Hand

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:01 PM PST

    https://kotaku.com/destiny-2s-eververse-store-is-getting-out-of-hand-1840796904

    Edit: To whoever sent Gold & Silver thank you. Wasn't trying to get anything I just saw the article and figured it was worth posting here.

    submitted by /u/Nyteshade517
    [link] [comments]

    The new Saint-14 (Saintly Shell) from the Season pass is awesome, but why would I use it when the Eris Morn Shell gives me a 10% XP boost? Wouldn’t make sense since XP is what fuels these seasons

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:01 PM PST

    I like the fact that there are about a million different Ghosts that look really cool. But why use any of them when the best one is the Eris Morn shell or any shell with guiding light, that gives you that XP boost? Any extra XP is a must with these seasons passes. I think this boils down to the topic that's constantly brought up by the community. We need one Ghost. The cosmetic of the Ghosts should purely be ornaments and mods should be swap in and out like armor.

    submitted by /u/theNamelessMidnight
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, I'd appreciate it if I were allowed to see both arms when previewing ornaments for my gauntlets, especially if you decide to make most hunter gauntlets asymmetrical.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:31 AM PST

    Solstice, Trials and Factions all have various ornament sets that we poured hundreds of hours into. Why can we still not wear them on 2.0 armor? Why are we having to fight to get answers on Bungie's intent with ornaments lately?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:44 PM PST

    Shooting boxes over and over for hours on end grinding faction tokens, showing my dedication to a class by completing an insane amounts of tasks for animated solstice armor, sweating and competing against other competent and competive players for a mysterious new friend and... I can't where them. Why? Locking the previous season IB ornaments only to, you guessed it, re-release as a full armor set - not ornaments. Why are old ornaments being hidden and locked on 2.0 armor? Why are only Eververse and Season pass armor moving forward with the ornament system? Yes, newer players get a chance at older gear, but I already have it, you're placing a time gate on content for content I already own! Bungie, this isn't how you "reintroduce older cosmetics" - you're making me do what I did before only through a new coat of paint and toggling the hide button on certain ornaments. That's not assumption, a "bug" proved you can place old ornaments on new 2.0 armor. We have got to talk about this.

    submitted by /u/Vahro
    [link] [comments]

    The new Titan exotic this season (Severance Enclosure) is borderline useless. If the exotic perk activated on both melees and finishers, it would be a solid choice in PvE without being broken.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I'm a sucker for good-looking exotics. If it looks good, I'll wear it. Severance Enclosure is a beautiful chest piece for Titans, so naturally I gave it a try. And then another, and then another. I REALLY wanted to like this exotic.

    But it is so. fucking. bad.

    For those of you who don't know, the exotic works as follows:

    Defeating a Guardian with a melee attack or a combatant with a finisher unleashes a damaging explosion.

    In PvP, it's laughably bad.

    In PvE, it's nearly useless if you're not standing in a herd of thrall and you decide to use your finisher on one of them. Otherwise, it's useless. And why is that? Because if you're using your finisher on an enemy, that means you've already killed them. So why in the Traveller's name would you want them to explode, unless they have a Dreg or a Psion standing next to them?

    If melee kills caused enemies to explode, it would be able to be use more often and in more combat situations. Imagine throwing a hammer at a Vandal and he exploded, staggerings enemies around him. Then you picked it up and did it again. And again.

    Bungie - please consider allowing the exotic perk to proc on melees in PvE as well. We get maybe 1 exotic, on average, every three months. Exotics shouldn't be this bad, period.

    EDIT: /u/aeyelaeyen has an excellent idea: "The explosion should work like loaded question, in the element of your subclass. If it seems a little broken maybe make it so that the lower your health, the higher the damage." I 10000% endorse this!

    submitted by /u/J3lander
    [link] [comments]

    Crucible and Gambit reset should give pinnacle gear, or at least a chance to

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    We get about (correct me if I'm wrong) 3 choices to gain pinnacle gear every week. 100k Nightfall, Master Nightmare Hunt, and the Garden of Salvation Raid, every week. For the most part, people find it better off that we grind xp to bring up our light level instead of pinnacle gear for iron banner. Plus, I cant find an instance where anybody has had perfect RNG to where grinding all that pinnacle was worth their time when they could be leveling up their artifact. I feel as though there could at least be a better chance to level up that pinnacle gear easily if we had the option to gain pinnacle gear from valor reset, considering it is a long grind up to 2000 for one reset, and would make crucible and gambit more viable options while grinding light levels.

    submitted by /u/DeadXtra
    [link] [comments]

    I can't imagine trying to play this game without some sort of 3rd party item manager.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:12 PM PST

    This is sorta weird ain't it? I'm sure its not the only one but I don't talk about games with many people so maybe this isn't unusual.

    submitted by /u/Squatting-Turtle
    [link] [comments]

    Switch, Android TV, Smart Fridges, rooted Teslas, VR headsets : Recruiting 5 tech-savvy Stadia players for world's first "weird device" raid clear.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    The title says it all. I've gotten Stadia running on quite a few unsupported devices.

    Stadia Power!

    Here's a clip of me testing destiny on switch via PS4 remote play, believe me Stadia works MUCH better. Raid is totally doable.

    I'd like to get 5 more Stadia guardians with the ability to get this running on some absurd devices. I'm definitely able to help, but preferably you should know how to sideload apps at a minimum.

    Mods, I know /r/fireteams exists, but this is a SUPER niche group of people who would be eligible. Please let me reach out through this sub.


    Wow, this blew up! I'll start editing the roster.

    1 - Geoxander (Me): Oculus Quest I'm going to see if I can get it running on my WearOS watch.

    2 - /u/swanky_bubbles - Wink Relay Lightswitches

    submitted by /u/Nexii801
    [link] [comments]

    The tribute hall should house the remains of each season for those that were there

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    The tribute is such a missed opportunity for activities and events.

    It should act as a housing unit for those "I was there when..." moments. Be it as a statue or a storage of the tool used during the event.

    Community Challenge(s) - a frame of the emblem earned when it occured (hopefully more will appear in the future)

    Vex Offensive Gate - either a piece, the whole structure, or a statue for those that saw it from beginning to end

    Sundial and the Rescue of Saint-14 - either his helmet on display (similar to the bust you can buy on the Bungie store) or a statue of the Sundial

    The tribute hall should be a tribute to events that have past

    submitted by /u/The_Na1l
    [link] [comments]

    Eververse items like emotes, ornaments and finishers that can only be used by one class should be cheaper than ones that can be used by all classes.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    The next time you do a raid, take some time to enjoy the scenery.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:49 PM PST

    Bungie always hits it out of the park in their music and art departments, but the raids provide a unique and special experience to anyone who notices the finer details in the surroundings.

    Everything from the finer details of the last city's inner workings to fighting through a sacred tower to slay a wish dragon, to the entirety of Garden of Salvation all the while having fantastic music tracks highlighting the mood of the current situation.

    Just stop to soak it all in sometime, you won't regret it.

    submitted by /u/Clopfish
    [link] [comments]

    Here are some of the Fallen leadership!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:15 PM PST

    I decided to take a stab at drawing the Fallen leadership here. It's not all of them, I know, but here are some of the main models and names. I've added names to them here.

    I've also uploaded them to my ArtStation, so if there are any in particular that you like you're welcome to download them separately. It's also where I've added my previous posts!

    submitted by /u/solprimeval
    [link] [comments]

    There are so many buffs without timers and you don’t know when they end. All buffs should have timers imo

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:18 PM PST

    So there are so many buffs that need timers. Most common ones are Kill Clip, Rampage. Some buffs that don't need timers are like Firmly Plated because that activates when crouching and is inactive when not crouching.

    If you have been playing for a while, you probably know the time kill clip or rampage acts but that doesn't make up for the fact that there are no timers for some buffs.

    Other buffs that need timers are slideshot, the bad juju's perk String of curses and other stuff. Just have all buffs have timers on them.

    For armor pieces, Wraithmetal Mail (the Dragon's Shadow exotic perk) needs a timer. There are other one too but can't remember of the top of my head.

    For subclass stuff, Nightstalker's top tree needs a timer for the invisible on dodge. Top tree arcstrider needs timer on the Deadly Reach buff. You get the idea. All buffs need timers.

    submitted by /u/imjonathont
    [link] [comments]

    So, this is a crazy long shot but any guardians in the Utah valley area recently lose a crimson pin?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:10 PM PST

    Parked my car at my apartment, opened the door, and there was one on the ground staring right into my soul

    submitted by /u/xaksage
    [link] [comments]

    Remember when it was exciting to go see Xur? He was the Destiny Santa Claus for a while

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:14 AM PST

    More so when the game first released or new DLC had dropped, but the excitement to see what new exotics Xur was gonna bring was a fun addition to the game. You Tubers were making videos so you could locate him, and Guardians were saving currency to scoop up a new exotic they hadn't gotten yet. Fun times! Miss those days. Fridays seem dull without this in Destiny. Hope Xur is used more in 2020!

    submitted by /u/HotCupofNasty
    [link] [comments]

    Events in Y3 Don't Feel Like Events Anymore, They Feel Like Limited Time Eververse Offerings

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:29 AM PST

    I don't have much of a concern with the Dawning loot however I feel like Bungie has gone too far with the ratio of loot directly purchasable from Eververse vs earned in game.

    Right now the only new gear you can earn by actually playing Destiny is 1. The SMG and 2. The Alpine Dash sparrow.

    Everything else is in Eververse which is >20 new items.... That's a 1:10 ratio...

    It feels like these events are not designed as events anymore but as cash infusions designed to capitalize on limited time offerings.

    To the point about bright dust being available through bounties: consider just how many bounties need to be done to accumulate enough BD to afford one armor set and let's say an ornament or two?

    That is not the Destiny experience I enjoy.

    I do not want to be running around the tower for literal hours delivering treats and afking forges at low light to circumvent the less than generous essence the game gives you.

    There is nothing new or interesting that the event offers either. I am not sure why these events have not continued to evolve over each years iteration - especially if Bungies expectation is for players to spend Silver or Bright Dust every year.

    I'm sick of the Eververse focus and I'm sick of the bounty loop this game demands of me to buy any event items without spending real money on it.

    This is not exclusively a free to play game and as someone who has bought all of the seasons and expansions over Destiny's history - I don't expect it to be treated that way.

    submitted by /u/InspireDespair
    [link] [comments]

    Bottom Tree Sentinel Melee is Bugged and Does not Consistently Apply a Suppression Effect

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:18 AM PST

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/xzxinflamesxzx/video/84444568

    This is just one example. I find that ranged supers (such as dawnblade and sunbreaker) seem to ignore the suppression affect of the ability more than others.

    Not sure what is causing this, but with melee hit detection still being an issue, I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with that.

    submitted by /u/xzxinflamesxzx
    [link] [comments]

    Certain mods on the artifact should just be background effects instead of mods.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Mods like "Knight errant", "Solidus Strike", "Splintered Gladius" and their alternatives from last season. (Get X when you defeat very specific enemy)

    I'm never gonna waste energy on that stuff! They're way too specific! Oh yeah better suit up in my "specifically for fighting Cabal centurions" loadout, pass.

    submitted by /u/LawlessCoffeh
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie please do something about these sticky armor menus! It's one of the most frustrating things about this game right now.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:27 PM PST

    When Shadowkeep launched, something happened to the menus, especially the mod menus on armor, that makes them extremely slow, sometimes nearly impossible to use. Whatever is causing this, it should be at the top of the list of issues needing to be fixed.

    One of the reasons for having an Xbox One X is it's speed, and within that speed, being able to navigate navigate menus and make changes quickly. I know it's not PC quick, but it should still be considerably faster than a normal XB1. But with these atrocious menus, it renders the speed of the XB1X absolutely useless.

    Come on Bungie! One the best aspects of the Destiny franchise is how you have continually improved performance and made the game run seamlessly. But now this is making the game run like absolute crap and it's extremely frustrating.

    submitted by /u/vivereFerrari
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie: Destiny 2 story in 2020 will take "completely different approach" in future seasons

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:40 AM PST

    My colleague was able to speak to some of the team at Bungie over Christmas about what's coming next.

    "Bungie explains that Year 3 of Destiny 2 is going to be packed with surprises, and that players need to keep an 'open mind' for what's coming next"

    Hope you all enjoy the read:

    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/destiny-2s-story-take-completely-21135195

    submitted by /u/StarLord1987
    [link] [comments]

    Call me stupid but I just learned that finishers with a matching element will detonate enemy shields.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:33 AM PST

    If you get an enemies health low enough to use a finisher. If they have an elemental shield active and your subclass matches that element it will trigger a shield break explosion, like if you shot it with the same element. I literally never knew this until doing it last night.

    submitted by /u/TheBigThot69420
    [link] [comments]

    I'd really like to see seasonal Ritual Armor/Ornaments added for the existing factions. Unique pieces earned in the same vein as Ritual Weapons are.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:59 PM PST

    The recent article about the Eververse on Kotaku made a point I hadn't thought about. More and more, the way we look is becoming things to buy, not necessarily earn, although some in game sets are fantastic, there's nothing to really set us apart. Weapons are great, but they show on such a small part of our characters. My first look at anyone is their armor. I remember in D1, seeing trials players decked out with their glowing Egyptian themed gear, seeing raiders in full ornamental raid gear getting ready to go back in and slaughter Oryx. You knew what a player was about, just by looking at them. The closest we've been to that lately, honestly, was either faction armor when they existed, or Gambit prime players rocking a full set.

    So I figured, why not have Pinnacle armor or ornaments every season as well? A unique set to earn, that hopefully gets the same treatment as Eververse ornaments in style as far as it's badass, and if it's actual armor then guaranteed high stat rolls. It's another thing to grind after, and it's based on a system that's already proven popular with the weapons. I'd love to be able to rock a sweet, unique Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit set of armor that shows I went out and accomplished whatever tasks during a particular season.

    submitted by /u/Plummyr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment