• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Destiny [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-01-24]

    Destiny [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-01-24]


    [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-01-24]

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine

    Description:

    A peddler of strange curios, Xûr's motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the Nine.

    Location:

    we're searching!

    Exotic Gear:

    Name Type Armor Perk Perk 1 Perk 2 Cost
    Monte Carlo Primary Auto Rifle 29 Legendary Shards
    Orpheus Rig Hunter Leg Armor 23 Legendary Shards
    Actium War Rig Titan Chest Armor 23 Legendary Shards
    Verity's Brow Warlock Helmet 23 Legendary Shards

    Consumables:

    Name Type Cost
    Five of Swords Challenge Card

    What's a Xûr?

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine, is a strange vendor who randomly appears in a Public Sector in each of the Worlds, depending on the current Flashpoint. Xûr sells Exotic equipment and only takes Legendary Shards in exchange for them.

    TL;DR: He's the Santa Claus of Destiny and every weekend is Christmas. Sometimes he brings you what you want, sometimes he brings you coal. Mostly it's coal.

    When does Xûr visit?

    Xûr visits every Friday at 17:00 UTC and departs at reset. If you would like to see all the live conversions of Time Zones, please follow this link here.

    Sort comments by New to join the conversation!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-01-25]

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    If they ever do bring back Gjallarhorn, I think it should just be sold by Xur without warning or quest.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Play the nostalgic melody for us you know.

    Sure a quest would be probably enjoyable, but wouldn't that "Oh shit!" Moment be better.

    No heads up, no hints, no teases, just BOOM! Gjallarhorn! Now that would be a "I was there when" moment that no one would forget.

    submitted by /u/Chung_bungus
    [link] [comments]

    To the guys who kicked me out of your Divinity GoS run last night because I only had 2 clears...

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:11 AM PST

    I got it 15 minutes later, with one wipe. Thanks for kicking me because you still had all the puzzles to do (which I was willing to help with). I deeply hope you tried all night and didn't get it.

    Don't ask yourself "what is wrong with the Destiny community?" when you pull crap like this. I still don't have Anarchy (66 clears) and 2 of my 3 runs this week I taught the group how to kill the boss.

    If your motivation to play with others is anything other than "to help them enjoy the game as much as I do" you need to find another game.

    EDIT: WOW must be a slow day if my whinegloat hits front page. I feel obligated to at least try and share something constructive. How about: here's how I broke my GoS-LFG-pickup-group curse.. as in, reach the boss, then wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, quit.

    Main points: ONE tether, YOU on DPS group, YOU load up on relay defender.

    1) Put relay defender on all your armor. If you are missing an armor piece, check the old season link on bungie's site and see if you can draw one from there.

    2) Bring a heavy nade launcher, sniper, and add clear weapon. Izanagi is fine, but I prefer my Tranquility w/ box breathing because it one-shots the cyclops

    3) LFG-folks understand the gambit roles, so just let people fight over them.

    4) When folks start figuring out DPS strat, request to NOT be on the tether team. Explain that players loaded up on relay defender should be hanging out at the other relay.

    5) After gambit rounds, clear all the adds. A wave spawns a couple beats AFTER the angelic, so kill them too. You have TONS of time DON'T RUSH

    6) Put bubble/well/whatever by the relay as the tether team is forming. Get your nade launcher ready

    7) When boss staggers, hammer with nade launcher. When he flies up, hit him with sniper.

    This will give you a lazy 3-phase. If you wipe, look at your damage. You should easily hit 500k per round doing this. If not, switch up your gear or git gud :)

    I've also started using Riskrunner for add clear (just jump in the pool and you can clear a whole wave of adds in seconds) so give it a try.

    submitted by /u/mEnTL32
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Banner needs to actually return to being an Event

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:28 PM PST

    So way back when, in the D1 days, Iron Banner actually felt like a special event. Nowadays it's just another source of Pinnacle gear. I used to want to play it to get cool new gear and stuff. It would be awesome if this whole feel came back:

    Using Emblems and Shaders from Iron Banner made you get more reputation. Now, rep has been retired, but maybe you get more Tokens or XP?

    Iron Banner just, feels shallow. I'm not quite sure what, honestly. In D1, things like the ships and sparrow, and Ghost and stuff were coveted, and rare. Nowadays I'm not even sure if there are any ships or sparrows, or Ghosts. At least not recently. I think we have a ship, only, currently available.

    The weapons are mostly boring. Out of Iron Banner, I really only hear about Swarm of the Raven for its spike grenades and whatnot. In D1, you had classics like Clever Dragon, Nirwins Mercy, Jolders Hammer, Efrideets Spear, Felwinters Lie, the Ironwreath-D, and maybe more I'm forgetting. We need more memorable loot. I mean, I'd even take an updated Time Worn Spire, it'd be a random rollable high RPM Pulse.

    The armor has been mostly boring and lackluster. We've had the same armor set as a reward for a total of a year and a few months, being available through all of Year 1, and then being available for Opulence, and now again for Dawn. We had amazing designs like the medieval from Taken King, and the Norse theme from Rise of Iron. The only armor that sticks out to me as cool is the Year 1 set, Iron Truage. Maybe Iron Remembrance. Iron Fellowship was boring. Iron Symmachy was boring, and had a weird ruby/emerald combo color scheme. Iron Banner's colors are usually gold and bronze, with some olive green in there sometimes.

    Overall, I'd just love to have Iron Banner feel like a cool event again. I'd love to load into the Tower and Iron Banner matches and see it full of cool Iron Lord themed armor and emblems and colors. I'd love to have an incentive to use a full Iron Banner set (Armor/Ghost/Ship/Sparrow/Emblem/Shader) like increased tokens, or bonus XP. I'd love to have cooler designs back, because most feel boring. Heck, even the warlock Opulence robes are reskinned D1 Y1 Iron Banner robes if I remember correctly, and they look cooler than half the stuff in D2. We also need better weapons to chase, not just a grenade launcher. The emblem and shader department is great, I love all the emblem designs and shader designs, except for Iron Ruby. The vehicles and ghosts have been scattered throughout the seasons so I don't know what exists. I have a sparrow from Opulence, a Ghost from Curse, and no ships.

    I think that's all I have to say, thanks for reading!

    TL;DR - Needs incentive to use themed armor and cosmetics (XP boost or increased Tokens), needs better weapons, none are really memorable anymore, needs better armor designs (Iron Companionship from TTK, or the Iron Saga from RoI) needs more cosmetics EARNABLE THROUGH THE EVENT, not Eververse (looking at you emote and ghost projections)

    (EDIT: I'm sorry if I don't get back to you right away, I'll do my absolute best to respond to all of you!)

    (EDIT, THE SEQUEL: I'm not dissing D2 Iron Banner completely! I love that it's currently accessible to all players, not just current expansion owners. It's also good that they introduced the Power Play Lockdown mechanic, and the infinite packages along with post game rewards!)

    FEEDBACK POINTS: 1. Make the seasonal quest purely Guardians defeated and zones captured, and keep it progressional, so it would incentivize capturing zones more! Maybe have it be so the more steps you've completed, the more you can purchase from Saladin's inventory (things like emblems, shaders, ghosts, sparrows, ships, and maybe at the end can be an exotic emote or something)!

    1. Potentially reintroduce extra rewards for using more Iron Banner gear, being armor and emblems and such. It could either be an XP buff for the event, or extra tokens in postgame!

    2. Give better loot incentives. Even if new, epic armor isn't available every season, every major expansion could have one! Also, give more desirable weapons, things like Nirwens Mercy, Clever Dragon, Jolders Hammer, or Efrideets Spear. Heck, even Felwinters Lie!

    3. Make cosmetics always available to all players! That meaning all previous Ghosts, Shaders, Ships, and Sparrows that were random drops should always be available for purchase from Saladin with Tokens and the seasonal Quest completed!

    4. Make things like the Salute of the Lords and the Ghost Projections be earnable from the event in the future. I understand not being able to use items previously marketed as Eververse only, but maybe future things like this could be earnable, either from a quest, or from Saladin's purchasable loot?

    5. Rotate the game mode, like in D1! Most people don't like control, and treat it as Clash! Now, I'm fine with control, but make clash rotate in every now and then too! Also, it would be a perfect opportunity for Rift, or another CtF mode like it to be reintroduced!

    submitted by /u/ConlonCreations
    [link] [comments]

    The most useless fun fact to ever fun fact, or: A comprehensive list of how every enemy reacts to being in a barricade

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:44 AM PST

    This... Is probably the stupidest thing I have ever thought of trying. Alas, here we are.

    Just a few things to point out before we get into this. 1: Bosses, AKA enemies that have this sort of icon will not react to the barricade no matter what type of enemy it is. 2: Due to reason 1, I decided to try and test this on the lowest difficulty available on an enemy. For instance, Ogres are commonly Majors or Ultras, but there are minor Ogres, so I tested on them. Finally: I will not be going over enemies that cannot get a barricade to touch them, nor will I go over strike/raid/dungeon/whatever you can think of bosses, or enemies inside of vehicles (Pike Dregs, Interceptor Pilots, etc.). Sorry, but how Shriekers react to barricades will be a mystery for another day.

    Without further ado, let's get to it.

    Fallen:

    Dreg

    Wretch

    Vandal

    Captain

    Berzerker

    Shank

    Tracer Shank

    Heavy Shank

    Servitor

    Fallen Walker

    Cabal:

    War Beast

    Legionary

    Phalanx

    Incendior

    Gladiator

    Colossus

    Centurion

    Psion

    Councilor Psion Councilor Psion Minor

    Scorpius

    Hive:

    Thrall

    Cursed Thrall

    Acolyte

    Wizard

    Knight

    Ogre

    Vex:

    Goblin

    Fanatic

    Hobgoblin

    Minotaur

    Harpy

    Hydra

    Cyclops

    Scorn:

    Stalker

    Raider

    Lurker

    Ravager

    Wraith

    Chieftain

    Abomination

    Screeb

    Taken:

    Taken Vandal

    Taken Captain

    Taken Psion

    Taken Phalanx

    Taken Centurion

    Shadowbeast

    Taken Thrall

    Taken Acolyte

    Acolyte's Eye

    Taken Wizard

    Shadow Thrall

    Taken Knight

    Taken Ogre

    Taken Goblin

    Taken Hobgoblin

    Taken Minotaur

    Alternatively, you can watch these videos on an imgur gallery to avoid having to individually click these videos here. Thanks to /u/Mblim771_Kyle for making this!

    For those who don't fancy clicking and watching 57 different YouTube links, here is my TL;DW on this.

    1: Most enemies have very similar reactions to each other: They cease firing, hold their hand up as if blinded, and try to back away from the barricade.

    2: Some enemies reacted a little differently: Shadow Thrall and Heavy Shanks, alongside the Taken and non-Taken version of Wizards respectively, seemed to be unable to move away from the barricade to some degree. Scorpius turrets obviously could not do this either, and thus merely sat there in shame. Ding ding ding.

    3: Some enemies were clearly not paid enough by Bungie to give a flying fuck about barricades. This includes Berzerkers, Fallen Walkers, Cyclops and Acolyte's Eye.

    4: Out of all the enemies I tested, Psions overall seemed to interact the weirdest with barricades. While Councilor Psions could not go below 2/3 hp from barricade damage, normal Psions could die to it. Strange indeed.

    5: As mentioned in 4, Psions were the ONLY enemy that I tested that could die to a barricade. Weak bastards.

    6: No, you are not allowed to judge my fashion sense.

    Testing this took a few days so I'm happy I'm done with it. Turned out to be harder than I thought to get access to certain enemies (Fallen Walker took a few days to find a red bar of and there are a surprising lack of Minor Taken Ogres out and about). Was pretty cool to see the results though.

    Edit: Thanks to /u/prince40000 for pointing out that I had missed Heavy and Tracer Shanks! I have edited the post and added them alongside the Fallen links.

    submitted by /u/Theawesomepotato
    [link] [comments]

    Rewards in Destiny compared to other games

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:59 AM PST

    Moving this to the top since people don't seem to be reading the bottom of the post:

    This isn't a post to shit talk Eververse, that has already been done ad nauseum. This post is more about the lack of interesting and exciting gear that can be earned, and an example of how having both is possible.

    Earlier this month, my friend talked me into picking up Saint Final Fantasy XIV, and while I was playing it last night, I had an epiphany.

    I saw someone run past me with a really cool mount, but wrote it off because I didn't want to spend money on cosmetics in a game I only just started playing. Shortly after, I noticed someone who had a red panda pet following them around. Being a big red panda fan, I searched online and discovered that the red panda pet is actually an in-game drop, not purchased from the cash shop like I expected. Spurred on by this surprise, I looked up the mount I had seen earlier, and again found that you could earn it in-game by doing a specified activity. This was simultaneously exciting and disappointing.

    This made me realize how much Destiny and Eververse has warped my expectations. Destiny has doubled down on this idea that you have to spend money to look good, so much so that it is spreading to my expectation of other games; I've begun assuming that every flashy and exciting piece of gear I would ever want will have to be purchased with money and is not able to be earned by playing the game. This realization has made it difficult for me to enjoy the game, especially when there are other games I'd like to put time into as well.

    I feel like strike-specific loot was exactly what this game needed – if anything, it needed more of it – and instead we just got less and less of it as more strikes were added without having a strike exclusive drop. Why was the idea of strike exclusive armor tossed out in the first place? Why not have both a gun and armor pieces for each strike? I never had any interest in playing a Warlock in D1, but I remember getting the helmet from the Shank boss strike and making one because the helmet looked so cool and had a load of Palpatine fun! Instead, we have only gotten average looking guns from strikes that only have unique models sometimes, and even then, the unique perk also only works on some of them (looking at you, Warden's Law).

    I understand that both games have cash shops, but I'd make the claim that FFXIV balances its cash shop by having equally interesting and compelling gear from in-game content. However, Destiny is still using the same limited loot pool from 2.5 years ago in some cases, only adding small amounts of new loot every expansion/season, with the seasonal gear not being obtainable after the end of that season.

    You can make the point that the payment models are different since FFXIV has a monthly subscription, but I'd argue that Destiny is on the verge of having a subscription-based payment model. If anything, it's worse than FFXIV in that sense. I was able to start playing this almost 10 year-old game, and I'm still able to play almost everything that the game has had to offer (I'm only aware of a story rework that removed a portion that was in the past or something, and this is apparently explained within the story for the most part). However, especially with switching to seasons, every few months of content has become ephemeral. If I were to take a break and play Destiny again in six months, there would be content that despite paying for, I would not be able to play. Not to mention new players will have to buy Destiny 1 if they wanted to play through the whole story, and wouldn't even be able to carry everything over to D2.

    I love Destiny so much, and it has been my favorite game since the Beta in 2014, but seeing the state of the game is very disheartening. I want to want to play Destiny, but every time I think about logging in and running the same pieces of content over and over, only to get the same gear, I can't bring myself to load up the game.

    I'm just exhausted from the severe lack of interesting loot to earn in Destiny.

    TL;DR: The fact that Destiny locks the majority of loot you want behind a pay wall is causing me to expect this from every game. I played other games and realized that this is not always the case, however it is for Destiny.

    Edit: formatting

    Edit: I got a lot of responses here, and I haven't finished reading through things, but I want to stress, that I am not making my argument in favor of a subscription payment model. It seems like some people are taking my post that way. I actually hate subscription based games. I only picked up FFXIV because it was on sale and the initial purchase comes with 45 days or something like that. And I understand completely that FFXIV has a cash shop for micro-transactions. I just wanted to point out that just because there ARE mtx, it doesn't need to limit the look that CAN be earned, despite what Destiny might lead us to believe. As I've said, I love Destiny - it's one of my favorite games. I'm just struggling to justify playing when it feels like there is not loot to be earned.

    submitted by /u/richarizard92
    [link] [comments]

    With Affinity basically being the determining factor whether an exotic armor piece is useful or garbage, Xur selling collections rolls of exotics is almost useless.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:18 AM PST

    I say almost because New Light players don't have most/all exotics (outside of raid exotics), but anyone that's played since Forsaken probably does.

    I've been trying to get 1 or 2 exotics with Void affinity but how do you even do that now? Xur is collections only (useless to me) exotic engram is random af (it's given me the SAME exotic I didn't need 3 weeks in a row).

    So with Affinity being the ruining factor of exotic armor, could Xur at least not sell the same damn thing that we can already pull from collections?

    Or allow masterworking exotic armor to have all 3 affinity's or something since it's so damn expensive to do. I don't know. Armor 2.0 is a good idea, but in execution it's more frustrating than beneficial in many ways.

    submitted by /u/h34vier
    [link] [comments]

    Hey bungo, how about we get some finishers for bright dust?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:23 AM PST

    Come on...

    submitted by /u/Lykan_
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone realized how incredible bows are in destiny. Not a gameplay comment.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:46 PM PST

    Anyone who has used any form of bows in real life should be able to say while these bows are space magic, the draw of the different kinds of bows is very realistic and satisfying. The fact that compounds will draw slow then fast because of their mechanics, is just a great detail. Yes I am aware this post is late and no I don't care, I forgot to post a year ago.

    submitted by /u/SocietySoreToTheEye
    [link] [comments]

    Is the sundial where all the worst players in the game go and congregate?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Like holy shit, feels like nearly all of the teams i end up with are full of drooling, braindead morons who have no idea what they're doing.

    • don't melee psions during datamine

    • don't bother stepping on the plates during datamine

    • don't bother throwing missles during bombardment

    • don't bank light charges during gatecrash

    • don't bother meleeing psions during the boss

    Edit: I know this post probably comes across as "toxic", but I know a lot of people are thinking it, just won't say it like i did

    submitted by /u/Dredgen1994
    [link] [comments]

    Please Don't Tie our Bounty Limit to the Number of Quests we already have

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:41 PM PST

    I really want to get all the seasonal ornaments and weapons, so naturally, my goto to get them as fast as possible would be to stockpile a ton of bounties. Since I'm someone that doesn't have a lot of time on their hands, I've accumulated a ton of unfinished quests which limits me to holding about a couple dozen bounties (3 of which are tied to the Truth quest) at a time. This dramatically limits my efficiency and prolongs the time it takes to actually get the stuff I want from the season pass. So Bungie, can you separate actually quests in the quest tab from bounties and allow us to hold however many bounties we want? If bandwidth/connection problems interfere with that, then perhaps cap bounties to 50-60 at a time?

    submitted by /u/goobagibba
    [link] [comments]

    I wish there was a Nightmare of Sepiks Prime

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:06 AM PST

    And the music comes back and everything. Just got a little nostalgic...

    submitted by /u/adamis2cool_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    While you still can, get yourself a legendary version of The Huckleberry.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:28 PM PST

    TL;DR: Steelfeather with Subsistence/Swashbuckler.

    The Huckleberry with its catalyst is one of those sleeper hits in PvE. Getting a kill increases its damage and refills its magazine, making it a top tier add clearing machine. But say you want similar performance, but want to include an exotic in a different slot? Then grab yourself a Steelfeather Repeater with Subsistence and Swashbuckler!

     

    I'm not saying it's going to absolutely revolutionize your loadout, but having one of the better damage stacking perks paired with a partial magazine refill on kill makes for a weapon that can really keep up if you're taking on waves of ads. Tack on a Minor Spec to make it an even better add clearer, or a Backup Mag mod to extend the fun. It's definitely a roll your gonna have fun with!

     

    EDIT: This season's Jack Queen King 3 can roll with this perk combo as well.

    submitted by /u/Ihlgigaris
    [link] [comments]

    For Consoles : Please consider expanding the sensitivity settings

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:05 PM PST

    u/dmg04 and u/cozmo23,

    I am aware that PC allows you to adjust your ADS and Non-ADS turn speed/sensitivity separately, but the feature is not available on console. Could the development team please consider adding this? I feel like it would help refine the feel of aiming in combat.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pjmara5
    [link] [comments]

    Blink on Warlocks is still bugged.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    The bug is as follows:

    When you try to blink while swapping weapons, you will simply do a normal jump and nothing happens.

    The timing for it to bug out has to be rather specific however: When the animation to pull out your second weapon starts, and you blink while it gets pulled up, exactly after your first weapon gets stowed, you will fail to perform a blink.

    I can reproduce this with a 90% succes rate. It only happens during this animation. You can blink before your weapon is stowed, and after the other weapon got pulled out.

    On a sidenote: Astrocyte Verse does not seem to increase horizontal distance, just vertical distance, which seems pointless. If I'd want that, I could simply spec into mobility.

    It also doesn't shorten the recovery time to draw weapons after blink, which again, seems weird, given the description of the exotic. And since Blink is totally unviable without the helmet, I am slightly confused as to why the helmet doesn't even do, what it says.

    Edit: Tagging /u/Cozmo23 and /u/dmg04

    Edit 2: Pwadigy talked about another bug, making it impossible to slide after using 3 blinks. (Blink 2 times, wait for 1 blink to recover, and blink as soon as possible again).

    Yet another user, Xaolin99, talks about a blink bug directly after stopping to sprint. I have to test those once I am at home.

    submitted by /u/Killerschaf
    [link] [comments]

    Savathun, the Witch Queen "fan-concept" I made for a bigger upcoming fan-art illustration.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:39 AM PST

    Second "fan-concept" for Savathun is done, and I can finally start working on actual big boy full-scale illustrations with these characters, phew. SOONtm.

    https://twitter.com/neophyte_r/status/1220762543913938949

    submitted by /u/Roving_Neophyte
    [link] [comments]

    Optimized Bounties For 1/24/2020

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:57 AM PST

    PSA: Next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday's bounty roundups will almost certainly be delayed, as I'm traveling to Bahston to do trust falls at a company retreat. I don't know if there will actually be trust falls. I hope not. I have trust issues.

    For much of that time I'll be sitting in airports, so I can work on them then, but there's a decent chance they'll be up in the evenings instead of lunchtime.


    Step 1 - Don't call me Shirley.

    Step 2 - Pick up these dailies. Check here for the Weeklies.

    Tower Bounties

    • Saint XIV – Fallen Down – Kill 50 Fallen
    • Zavala – The Harder They Fall – Kill 10 Challenging Enemies in Strikes
    • Zavala – Vanguardian – Kill 50 Enemies in Strikes
    • Shaxx – Sparring Grounds – Complete 2 Crucible Matches
    • Shaxx – Standard Fare – Kill 5 Guardians With Kinetic Weapons
    • Shaxx – Area of Effect – Kill 1 Guardian With A Grenade

    Planetary Bounties

    • Eris Morn – Moonstreak – Kill 50 Enemies Without Dying
    • Eris Morn – One-Way Ballistics – 15 Kinetic Streak Kills
    • Eris Morn – Ritualistic Finish – Kill 7 Hive With Finishers
    • Devrim Kay – The Big Guns – 3 Power Weapon Multikills in EDZ
    • Devrim Kay – Generator – Create 10 Orbs of the Light in the EDZ
    • Devrim Kay – Kill 30 Fallen in the EDZ
    • Asher Mir – Vexing Relations – Kill 30 Vex on Io
    • Asher Mir – Super Interesting – Get 20 Super Kills on Io
    • Asher Mir – Persistence of Vision – Create 10 Orbs of Light on Io

    Step 3 - Follow these steps (any order):

    • Fly TO THE MOOOOOOOON, pick up Eris' bounties, then head to Sorrow's Harbor and clear the Hive Lost Sector. Unless there's an Altars of Sorrow going on, in which case, just do that. Either way, you'll clear all three bounties very quickly. (5 minutes)
    • Fly the Earth, pick up Devrim's bounties, then whip out your favorite Power weapon and head to Widow's Walk (right across the street). Kill any Fallen you see on the way, as I think that Lost Sector has high 20's-ish number of enemies. Get your Power Weapon kills, then Supers/Masterworks free to create the orbs while you murder. (5 minutes)
    • Fly to Io, pick up Asher's bounties, then clear the Vex Lost Sector in the Rupture. If you can't get 20 Super Kills in one go, just hit up a Public Event flag and clean up some nearby mobs to finish it. (5-10 minutes, depending on Super luck)
    • Play two Iron Banner matches. (20 minutes)
    • Play one Fallen Strike. (15 minutes) Wait, how many Fallen strikes are there? Is it just Exodus Crash? Boo.

    Total Non-Elemental Non-Weapon-Specific Bounties Cleared: 15 Dailies. You'll almost certainly have cleared your Obelisk Kinetic Kills Weekly by now, and today will make good progress on the Fallen weekly.

    Total Time: 60-ish minutes.

    Note 1: Saint, buddy, you're breakin' my balls here. 3 elemental bounties. Yikes.

    submitted by /u/DeerTrivia
    [link] [comments]

    I just got Redrix's Broadsword for my birthday! Also some art.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:40 PM PST

    I finally did it after my long grind. And conveniently on my birthday! So I'm making a post because I'm super happy about it. Whether or not I like using it, now I can feel good about Redrix's Broadsword and the work because it's my birthday gun.

    And because I never have put my art up here, I've done a few Destiny things in the past:

    https://twitter.com/glaxedmacgubbin/status/1076240446328696834 - An old vintage ad style Drifter for the 2018 Dawning

    https://twitter.com/glaxedmacgubbin/status/1176520336788971522 - An Edwardian style Eris Morn that I did for Shadowkeep

    https://twitter.com/glaxedmacgubbin/status/1120971604874256385 - And a panel from a comic I was doing that I ruined by coloring on the wrong layer like a foolish fool so I gave up and saved the best crop.

    submitted by /u/GlazedMacGuffin
    [link] [comments]

    If you dont plan on having any champion mods in your loadout STAY OUT THE ORDEAL NIGHTFALLS

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:07 PM PST

    You know who you are. You make things harder on your fireteam & limit their loadouts. For example this week it's Barrier & unstoppable, this dude came in there with 2 pulse rifles & both of them had counterbalance mods. Please stop with the baffoonery

    submitted by /u/iamthiccbear
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny 2 beaten in under 1 hour!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:24 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/Cxnt6-YG9HU

    This Speedrun has been a long time coming, an insane grind that took me about 2 weeks of ~6hrs a day of runs to finally pull off.

    Small FAQ/explanation:

    Q - What does 'NG+ Any%' mean? Any% simply means completing the game as fast as possible, with Any % of the game completed, in Destiny 2 we have this defined as completing the Red War base game campaign. NG+ or NewGame+ means starting this campaign while having access to all the gear from previous playthroughs, i.e all legendary and exotic gears. I chose to run this category because its incredibly fun, and my experience in all the ILs for this game certainly helped my enjoyment of it.

    Q - why does the timer keep stopping between missions?` The timer is paused for all loading times to prevent players with bad connections and hardware from being at a disadvantage. This is also the reason that I switch characters after a lot of interactions, since the timer is paused while in orbit, minimizing time in activities is key.

    Q - Whats up with the 2 timers? The timer on the left is timed afterwards and edited to be, to the frame, the exact time of the run, the timer on the right is what i use on stream to keep track of it, all the pausing and splits are done manually, so it can be a bit innacurate

    That being said any more questions are welcome!

    submitted by /u/Te_Aoterra
    [link] [comments]

    Instead of putting all of the unbrokens on one team, maybe split them half and half so the match is actually fair

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Title says all, I have experienced it way to many times. I used this as an example on how the game the game doesn't distribute the players across the two team properly in terms of skill. Just to avoid confusion.

    submitted by /u/CaptainAutismo69_xx
    [link] [comments]

    Isn’t it about time you started balancing PC (mouse and keyboard) and console (controller) separately?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:06 AM PST

    Just a few examples where console and PC balance forks out:

    • Hunter vertical movement isn't a problem on PC because tracking vertical movement with a mouse is easier than with a controller.
    • Lord of Wolves, TheLast Word, Spare Rations aren't a problem on console since they have some serious recoil kicks, and recoil is much harder to control with a controller.
    • Snipers aren't that much of a problem on console because of both recoil and tracking difficulties which mouse and keyboard users are foreign to.
    • Recluse wasn't much of an issue on console too because of recoil.
    • 180rpm Precision frame hand cannons are quite terrible on PC and 150rpm hand cannons are the meta, while the opposite is true for console players.
    • Bastion is also not that great on PC because there is no crosshair stickiness.

    Isn't it about time devs spent some time adjusting balance separately for PC and console? It's really becoming a mess, especially in Crucible.

    submitted by /u/Sandbox_Hero
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I was as good as competitive matchmaking thinks I am.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:19 PM PST

    I know when a match is a loss before it even starts now. I know the names of those guardians that will be lucky to get 5 kills by heart because they're somehow thrown on my team 90% of the time. I know I'll make it just a few points shy of legend, when the worst players in the game will be thrown on my team until I'm knocked down to fabled 3 again. I know I should quit when I'm on a losing streak, but I can't end on a bad match like that. I know I'll make it to legend, but it'll be more a relief than excitement. I know I can make it, and once I'm Unbroken I'm never touching competitive again. Seriously, unless I'm going off in my matches it's a loss every time because of the dead weight. Yet most teams I face are fairly competent. Do I just have terrible matchmaking RNG or is this a thing for everyone?

    submitted by /u/Jmelt95
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment