• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-02-16]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-02-16]


    Daily Questions [2020-02-16]

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    To the gambit invader who turned a corner to kill me and got ripped apart. Sorry. I wasn't trying to kill you.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:11 AM PST

    Here I was playing gambit. It's one of my most hated game modes in the game. I hate invading, I hate invaders, I hate losing 15 motes because right when I was about to deposit, the enemy team landed 3 heavy blockers and I hear the invade call.

    Now folks, I'm a reaper. I don't sentry. I don't go out of my way to seek out that invader and kill him. I hide. Some of you may call me a coward, but in reality, I'm just a hoarder. There's one thing I love in gambit. It's reaping, collecting and dunking motes. I'm good at it. I usually always have the highest motes banked and hostiles downed in my group of randoms.

    So here I was, playing just another round. The Vex were on the field. I'd just picked up that 10th mote to land a medium blocker, when I hear the words - "Enemy invader!", shouted the drifter.

    "Ah shit, here we go again" I said to myself. Luckily it seemed like a simple situation. I was in one of those deep pockets where the vex spawn on the map with several walls and cavernous rocks around me. I felt relatively safe.

    I turned a corner and there he was. The bane of my existence in gambit. I'm not talking about the invader. I turned the corner and there it was. Headless, arc energy walking like a dead zombie towards me. A vex fanatic. Let me tell you this. When you have 10-15 motes and an invader comes around, you still have a chance, maybe you can kill him, maybe one of your teammates is a pro 360 no scope killa on the field and revoker's the crap out of the invader.

    Not today however. Today that vex fanatic was gonna have his day. "Or maybe not!" I said to myself.

    I was farming python. SHotgun kills were the flavor of the day. Two days ago I'd farmed the Lord of Wolves catalyst at the shuro chi checkpoint. With one press of a button I pulled out that flaming dragon of a gun. Like the paranoid cat that I am, I checked the buff on the left. "Release the wolves" it said.

    Just as I'm about to shoot this vex fanatic and have a nice day, the horror doubles. Right around the corner behind the fanatic I see the red silhouette of the invader. He has the yellow light of a shotgun beaming down at me. With whatever sense I gathered in the split second, I saw him holding what I think was the Legend of Acrius. Death was certain at this point. I could feel myself sighing in disappointment as I would read "playername has losts 10 motes!".

    But my trigger finger had already acted. There went the brrrrt of the lord of wolves. WIth one single burst I ripped the fanatic apart into an arcy explosion. I couldn't even see the invader behind the explosion. Release the wolves I had. The red burst went straight up and to the top right because I suck at recoil control. Fortunately or unfortunately for him, that's where the invader was running towards me. The burst ripped him apart into a fiery outline. "Invader down, you're a hero" said the drifter. I could imagine some of my teammates being amazed at me. Wow, thank God this dude is on our side and it seems like he used Lord of wolves, invader's probably salty right now.

    I could imagine the invader probably being aware that I killed him mistakenly. Or perhaps he felt actually salty or cursing his luck that he ran up against me, some dude who has mastered the art of being a wolf. "Fuck that gun, scrub bullshit" or something he must have said to himself. I'm sorry my friend, that wasn't a good invade day for you. But I wasn't trying to kill you, you just walked into my burst.

    I did get my python later that day. But I think I'll be keeping the Lord of wolves by my side every few gambit games now.

    TLDR: was reaping motes in gambit, vex fanatic surprise! Released the wolves on vex fanatic. Suddenly, invader behind the fanatic. He got blown to smithereens. I <3 lord of wolves now.

    Edit: thanks for all the upvotes! In the words of the drifter: "if they get that close, they deserve it!"

    submitted by /u/karangoswamikenz
    [link] [comments]

    We can now directly translate Eliksni (The Fallen Language) by translating lore entries in Traditional Chinese.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Some of you may remember the work I did 3 years ago translating the Fallen Language. A lot has changed since, and I'm excited to announce a new avenue to explore the Fallen language of Eliksni that no longer requires guesswork, nor even Variks!

    I made the discovery today that you can use a site like Braytech.org (or better yet for this purpose, DestinySets) to read the lore entries featuring Eliksni in plain English Chinese. So a line like "Kapsok aps vankemraptalirask; kapsok aps vamesaqeptosirulosk" from the 3rd entry of the Pigeon and the Phoenix is now perfectly understood as "You will never have peace and joy; you will never have daylight."

    And, as a result, we now know the Eliksni word for Potato.

    P.S. I'm in the process of setting up a Discord Server to help compile findings like these for Fallen, Hive, Cabal and potentially the Vex. If anyone is interested in helping, feel free to join up! Not entirely sure if linking to it here is allowed, so I'll leave that for now. (Send me a DM if you're interested until I get confirmation that it's okay to share it here.)

    submitted by /u/Sarsion
    [link] [comments]

    Trickster Witch planned it all.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:25 AM PST

    Can't wait for the community to finally get the real Trials mode back, for 75% of the player base to remember they suck at Crucible and go back to complaining that there's no new content.

    submitted by /u/rossgough
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny 2 Rotation Schedule for 2020 (Alter of Sorrows, Forges, Escalation Protocol, Ascendant Challenges, Flashpoint, Wandering Nightmare, Reckoning)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:30 PM PST

    I created this spreadsheet detailing the cyclical rotations of Destiny 2, partially for my own benefit so I can schedule when to do certain activities, but also because I see a lot of players asking "What Forge is in rotation today?" and other similar questions.

    My goal is to have a centralized and easy to use/read calendar for these things in D2 that rotate on a daily/weekly basis. It's still a bit of a work in progress, I'm intermittently adding things as I receive suggestions, and correcting any mistakes pointed out to me.

    I hope this is helpful to you, and please feel free to share with anyone. Don't hesitate to let me know if you notice any discrepancies/mistakes! (Disclaimer, I'm taking a bit of a guess on the Flashpoint rotation as Bungie has been known to change this without notice, and I had to base my assumption on reading over past Weekly Reset Infographs (thanks Niris)).

    Destiny 2 Rotation Schedule for 2020 (Alter of Sorrows, Forges, Escalation Protocol, Ascendant Challenges, Flashpoint, Wandering Nightmare, Reckoning)

    P.S. I know this isn't really a guide, but I didn't know what exactly to flair it as.

    submitted by /u/FreaksInSneaks
    [link] [comments]

    Crimson days would have been a perfect time to add the Long Distance Relationship (LDR) 5001.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:43 PM PST

    A sexy crimson days skin on one of the most -beloved- snipers in destiny would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/QuantumPCMR
    [link] [comments]

    Making the Scorn Ether Ritual go Heroic is harder than most strikes and some raid encounters.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:35 AM PST

    Amirite? But seriously whoever helped create that PE is evil.

    submitted by /u/SiliconNerves
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Valentine's Day from Shaxx and Mara!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:01 AM PST

    Had this idea randomly yesterday and just HAD to do it lol

    https://imgur.com/gallery/RgxR2QE

    Unfortunately it's a day late, but I'm glad I got it done for the meme potential at least!

    submitted by /u/Nightmancer2036
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Shaxx on my iPad

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Here he is, in all his PVP splendour:

    http://imgur.com/a/dTYr0PT

    Starting to get to grips with shading and light sources but still got a long way to go. I can totally recommend anyone with an iPad to give drawing Destiny characters a go. So much fun and even an absolute novice like me can knock out semi-decent things with an iPad and an Apple pencil!

    EDIT: bonus timelapse footage: https://youtu.be/BGCaiCX72zY

    (As you can see, I went round the houses in terms of his pose and body size before I settled on the above!)

    submitted by /u/ChrisCohenTV
    [link] [comments]

    Spider is selling glimmer for shards today. RIP

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:00 AM PST

    There are a bunch of Uncommon weapon models that Bungie should really consider reusing for Legendarys

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    If you go and look through your collection there are a slew of Uncommon/Green weapons with amazing and unique weapon models that would make awesome legendary weapons. Bungie should really consider using these models for future legendarys to bring some new life into these awesome models.

    Here's a list of just a few of these awesome looking guns: https://imgur.com/a/mFW8Sw3

    submitted by /u/zTwiDashz
    [link] [comments]

    I wish they’d increase the drop rate of nightfall exclusives just a tad

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:50 AM PST

    Doing 8-10 hallowed lair runs without a mindbender drop is pretty deflating and frustrating

    submitted by /u/Dredgen1994
    [link] [comments]

    I think rainbow six siege has a few destiny fan developers.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:47 PM PST

    It's called operation void edge.

    Lana looks like mara sov.

    And the big tanky guy is named Oryx.

    I think you should all know, whether we wanted it or not.....

    submitted by /u/Skifer91290
    [link] [comments]

    Today I felt what Crimson Days was all about

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:33 AM PST

    After solo queuing for a few games, I was picked up by a noble Warlock more than 10 light level ahead of me. I played against him, my team won and he must've saw that Arbalest was doing all of my work for me. He invited me, we partnered up and win about 20 games on the spin. Our plays, invincible. Our bond, only breakable by the yelling of my mother to inform me my food was ready.

    But the point is, this is the most fun I've had and most invested I've ever been in PVP, the second he invited me I felt I was finally good enough cos he was much better than me, I felt the love from my partner who didn't leave even when I had a bad game and it just felt all round wholesome. I hope everyone who solo queues has an experience like this.

    Also, Arbalest is damn good. Also also, sorry for poor writing

    submitted by /u/graveworm_46
    [link] [comments]

    I really wish we had kinetic rapid fire pulse with random rolls

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I just picked up Lincoln green and this gun is amazing even though it doesn´t have any good perks.

    Hell I just had complete blast in PvP thanks to this gun...after a really long time.

    submitted by /u/harbinger1945
    [link] [comments]

    Can I just say I really enjoy using my Khvostov?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Can we have an option to put a mod and shader on it?

    Or at least the ability to infuse it?

    That being said, I am open to offers from anyone letting me tag along on the EDZ mission (if it's possible to pick up another gun- I only have one character).

    Edit: Sorry y'all. I can't help but smile at some of the responses about it being a "trash gun".

    Yes, compared to potential legendary rolls, it's not what I'd consider a good gun. But it's a game and , when in on patrol by myself mucking about, I find it fun to use.

    submitted by /u/Geek70
    [link] [comments]

    So I got an alley-oop in Forge and it got me thinking.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:09 PM PST

    New Shaxx + Ada-1 game mode with arena style and two Forges, each on opposite ends.

    3 vs 3 matches in which 1 forge 'spits' a ball on the offensive side of the arena, while the defending side has to kill all 3 players for the match to reset to the other side for the other forge to spit (respawns enabled unless all 3 are down with a timer, similar to strike rules, or alternatively token respawns similar to raid rules). In the middle of the arena is debris from downed spaceships as cover (think ruins on the moon's surface, or other planet locale). Center is littered by a constant flow of baddies to increase the challenge and force team members to think strategically with one another.

    First team to 5 goals, or most goals before time runs out wins. Note, each Forge spits a ball specifically accessed by the offending side alone. The defending side can't pick up the ball but can kill players and guard the ball from being grabbed by the offending side.

    Had a dream about this as well, it was awesome.

    submitted by /u/brighterside
    [link] [comments]

    Glimmer is programmable matter, that can be turned into ALMOST anything at all, except one element...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:56 PM PST

    Connection based MM in Classic Mix is broken and makes no sense.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:51 AM PST

    This is a rant.

    I just got done with a match of qp in the classic mix playlist where I didn't have a single EU based person in the lobby beside me. I was queuing a bit after mid day on a Saturday. During the game, there was a lot of lag, delay, the usual things when playing bad connections. After the game, I checked each and every steam profile for countries.

    Behold ( excuse my bad paint work ): https://imgur.com/a/TRD19Xl

    This is beyond unacceptable for a game mode that "matches based on connection".

    /u/dmg04 /u/cozmo23

    submitted by /u/SharpPROSOLDIER
    [link] [comments]

    I just witnessed 26 players joining the tower at once. It wasn't a good experience.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:02 AM PST

    I dunno if that was a new server forming but I was on console and it took around 15 minutes to join and I didn't enjoy, I mean I just wanted to pick 3 bounties from shaxx.

    submitted by /u/NiceIsNine
    [link] [comments]

    Replayed the leviathan’s breath epic strike version of arms dealer: heroic Strikes need to be this hard if they come back

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I played through it with 2 randoms and while it wasnt the hardest mission, it wasnt the easiest either. You were punished if you played wrong yet you could come back from that and survive if you were good enough. enemies were not too tanky yet didnt melt in 2 seconds like in strikes right now. the boss was one hell of a unit but didnt feel like a bullet sponge either. he was very aggresive and we couldnt skip all his phases like we can easily do in normal strikes (also the missile bombing mechanic was great. it forced us to keep moving and not camp one spot). The boss did have some "immune phases" like they all do in this game (sadly imo) but at least this one is more hidden, similar to mmos where a dungeon boss could hide himself or get super resistant for you to get rid of trash mobs before doing more dps. It was a different type of immune phase compared to the fanatic and you could still shoot him until he puts up the shield around him and the damage phases lasted more than 2 seconds (where he would immediately reactivate his immune phase or something) because the boss was more tanky, forcing us to strategically kill mobs and turrets and such. It was really fun.

    I know in the beta the bosses were tanky a f and their hp got lower after but with the current sandbox I feel we could get those tanky boss again they would feel more threatening than a simple just shoot and tank the damage easily lol

    It felt great. a good challenge that reminded me of heroic strikes difficulty of D1. More like that plz.

    tldr: more difficulty like the levi breath bow strike in our strikes cause its too ez now and boss gets melted too much. No bullet sponges but buff the bosses a bit similar to d2 beta.

    submitted by /u/Masterwork_Core
    [link] [comments]

    The new change to armor 2.0 is great, but the fantasy of specing your mods the way you want is still not present.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    For example, if I want to run a kinetic shotgun (Arc Elemental Affinity), Energy SMG (Solar Elemental Affinity) and a heavy grenade launcher (Void Elemental Affinity) I still cannot spec my armor optimal.

    IMO this fix is a semi fix, but I really like that the season mod socket is not limited to a specific season anymore.

    submitted by /u/JusticarTrueheart
    [link] [comments]

    Replayability needs to come from activities being exciting

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:16 PM PST

    Hypothetically speaking, if you were to strip out all of the rewards in Destiny how replayable would it really be? Not very, I'd wager. Rewards are great and all, but they can't carry a shallow gameplay experience indefinitely. Relying primarily on rewards to retain interest is, quite frankly, lazy game design. Destiny has great mechanics, but it just needs to put them to better use.

    submitted by /u/GuiltyAllSpark
    [link] [comments]

    Just had the best Crimson Days experience

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Was playing Crimson Days to complete daily bounty. Won 2 matches on first character and switched to Warlock.

    Little did I know, that my teammate would leave immediately after first deaths. If Valentine is leaving during his midgame, when I want to always be alone :(

    Well, my opponents clapped me in first round, so I decided to holster my weapons and just have fun. Opponents joined me. They killed me once in second round to end match ASAP. For some reason they gave me a win. Thanks guys, but I just wanted to complete bounties haha

    Shoutout to Dolby-_- and asoosy_infinity for making my Crimson Days better :D

    submitted by /u/MadBuc
    [link] [comments]

    Please, for the love of god, there’s no need to push into the enemy’s spawn when we have life advantage.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:10 PM PST

    I'm talking specifically about the survival (comp) playlist. If the enemy is camping in their spawn, and we have life advantage, please do not rush them. Let them come to us. By rushing them and subsequently dying, two things have happened. 1) we now no longer have life advantage, and we may be forced to rush them depending on the score. 2) you're giving them super energy by feeding them kills.

    Hell, if we have advantage, you can sit on cap point and wait for them to rush us. Forcing the enemy team to play how we want them to. I'm tired of losing freelance games because my teammates don't know how the survival game mode works. In this specific scenario, play life advantage. Please.

    submitted by /u/GR34T_D4N3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment