• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 7, 2020

    Destiny Community Focus: Drewsky

    Destiny Community Focus: Drewsky


    Community Focus: Drewsky

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PST

    Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48824


    It's been a while since we've fired up the spotlight and focused its bright gaze on an outstanding member of our community. We're ready to get back into the habit of sharing cool people who you should you keep an eye on, so here's a fresh Community Focus hot off the presses.

    Our focus this week is a detail-oriented master of the Crucible. You may have seen him breaking down weapons and abilities and offering his analysis on better understanding the intricacies of the Destiny combat sandbox. Please meet Drewsky.

    Welcome to the show. OK, it's not really a show … anyways—tell us a little bit about yourself and what your role is in the Destiny community.

    Drew: Hey all, I'm Drew. I started playing FPS games back during some of the early Halo titles, and since then been in love with Bungie FPS games. I've attended a few MLG events and made some great friends through competitive Halo, and that trend continued into Destiny where I've had the pleasure of attending some great community gatherings and made some lifelong friends. In my personal life, I'm a musician, and enjoy other hobbies like playing soccer and the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG.

    I suppose that I'm best known in the Destiny community for making opinion and review videos where I try and include a high degree of depth and analysis. Second to that, I guess most people would identify me for being a controller player, sniping, and having 42,069 kills on my Twilight Oath kill counter—oh, also jamming to Taylor Swift while sniping.

    That is a lot of Twilight Oath kills! Where all can we find you on the internet?

    Drew: You can find me on YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter.

    A Guardian has many paths to choose from. What has been your favorite Subclass and which are your favorite weapons to wield?

    Drew: My favorite Subclass is definitely Spectral Blades, I think both the neutral game and Super are incredibly powerful and rewarding. Second to that, I really love the new changes to the Attunement of Sky Dawnblade. The dodge handles momentum much better now and allows for some incredible movement and plays. Both Supers remind me of some characters I like in my favorite anime, Sword Art Online, so I love the fantasy behind them.

    I'm not sure I could name my absolute favorite weapons in the game, there are too many I love because of either aesthetics, functionality, or memories I have associated with them—and occasionally for all of the above. If I had to include some names that would probably find themselves in my top-ten list, they would be (in no particular order):

    Izanagi's Burden

    Suros Regime

    The Chaperone

    Not Forgotten

    Twilight Oath

    Sturm

    Mida Multi-Tool

    Redrix's Claymore

    Outbreak Perfected

    That's a fine list. Tell us about your channels—what kind of Destiny content do you like to create?

    Drew: My YouTube Channel is home to many hot takes, thoughts, and opinion videos. These are my best attempts to break down different elements of the sandbox and show how they work, for the purpose of better understanding the game and creating the most effective and fun loadouts possible. I do reviews on specific weapons and armor pieces (as well as comparisons between them), and sometimes show off synergistic loadouts including different weapons and armor that I find to be very effective, fun, or both. My Twitch channel is where I like to relax and be a bit more candid—usually sniping, trying out different weapons, going for cool clips, and talking with chat.

    I'm sure you've seen the Dev Insight. Are you excited that Trials of Osiris is returning to Destiny 2?

    Drew: I'm certainly excited for the return of Trials of Osiris. Like many, I have lots of fond memories and moments of Trials of Osiris in Destiny 1, and even Trials of the Nine in Destiny 2, and I'm excited to have that available again—especially since I believe I've gotten much better at the game since then. I'm most excited to have a true endgame PvP focused activity again, and I'm very excited to see the new weapons and what potential they have.

    Opening day is coming up next Friday. Do you have your Trials dream team picked out? Who's on it?

    Drew: I've most certainly picked out my Trials dream team, and of course it includes CammyCakes and Sidezz. We've played together since the beginning of Destiny 2, and I can confidently say that they are incredibly talented players and two of my best friends. We may not be the best in the game, but I feel we have great synergy together—we complement each other's gameplay and are also very like-minded so we're able to discuss our mishaps/losses to focus on improving.

    Anything else you'd like to add?

    Drew: Only last thing I'd like to add is that I think the Destiny community is fantastic, and I'm so thankful for meeting some great individuals (many I can call friends) and creating lifelong memories with them. I hope we—as players, content creators, and developers—continue to lift each other up and spread kindness to keep making great memories and grow the community.

    We'd like to thank Drewsky for taking the time to chat with us. Make sure you give his channel a visit, you might learn something that will help you on your way to the Lighthouse.

    We'll be doing more Community Focus write-ups in the future. If you have anyone you think we should feature, let us know on Twitter or our forums.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-03-07]

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    The Outbreak and Whisper missions are still some of the best content the game has produced

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I hope next season comes with something like this. The last puzzle for the bastion was cool, but not nearly as cool or satisfying, to me.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    Here Before Destroying Telesto Bolts Extends Well/Rift Duration Using Sanguine Alchemy

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:32 AM PST

    I'm putting all my glimmer on this. Telesto is the Besto, better than the Resto.

    Bungie: "Through our extensive play-testing, we have managed to patch all upcoming Telesto Bugs before Season of the worthy"

    Telesto: :)

    Bungie: -_-

    Bungie: "We have identified an issue where Telesto decided to form 15 new potential issues... more information to come..."

    Bungie Dev: "Ugh. I'll go add another tally"

    Telesto Bug Board: Number of Telesto-related issues in Destiny 2: 27

    Edit: You know what? I'm doubling down. ALL my bright dust too. I'm feeling lucky.

    Edit 2: RIP my glimmer, but TELESETO WILL FIND A WAY!

    submitted by /u/LowCorpse
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie you’ve messed up if you didn’t call this S10 ghost shell “the All lighty”

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:27 AM PST

    Tagged as lore because it should be canon. All lighty

    submitted by /u/Mukover
    [link] [comments]

    I made a meme menu title for the Season of the Worthy

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:00 AM PST

    https://streamable.com/myzad

    Edit: Front page, we are victorious my comrades!

    submitted by /u/xShots
    [link] [comments]

    New Titan EV set but with shaders.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:32 PM PST

    Is it possible to clear GoS using white-tier gear? It turns out, yes.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:03 PM PST

    ...and we did just that earlier tonight. We wanted to see how far we can go. Ended up completing the whole thing in 2h 8m.

    Our loadouts were: Khvostov, Traveler's Chosen (Damaged) and Lost and Found for kinetic, Dead Zone Rifle for energy, and - the only exception - green-tier rocket launcher Butler RS/2 (because there is literally no white-tier heavies in the game). Everything else - including ghosts - was white-tier. This means no mods, no bonuses and no perks. Nothing.

    With white armor equipped we enjoyed a refreshing 0-0-0-0-0 across all stats. Lack of beloved exotics and a habit to reload after each sniper shot got in the way at first, but we managed to get to the final encounter in under an hour. The final boss took us 5 attempts and 4 DPS phases (definitely doable in 3 with some strat adjustments) - we took some time to get used to being much weaker; some kind of a day one experience, but with higher power level and much shittier guns.

    We were: phase 1 through 3 - 2 hunters and 4 warlocks. For the final fight we swapped one warlock for a Titan (rally barricade + bubble do save the day when you literally have nothing else). Could have done the raid faster if we used a Titan from the beginning.

    Here is the final two minutes of the raid (subs in English, I also added some Last Wish epicness to... add epicness and make up for my shitty sound):

    https://youtu.be/bhAux7eOmO4

    We will probably come up with a decent montage later.

    Here is the full raid (beware: Russian language + terrible sound on my mic)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/563161499

    This is how it played out:

    Encounter One - there was almost no difference except we had to rely heavily on Nova Bombs to kill the champion Minotaurs. And yes, every enemy hits like a truck.

    Encounter Two - that took us a couple of wipes to adjust our strat; we used a standard 4x defenders + 2x floaters, warlocks used top tree nova bombs + rockets to kill the barrier champions. As soon as you activate every conflux, it's pretty much a walk in the park, except it takes a year to get your grenade back after you use it, and health recovery sure takes its time to kick in.

    Encounter Three - we swapped warlock subclasses to 3x Chaos Reaches and 1x Well, one Hunter used bottom tree GG, the other one used top tree Tether. We cleared the encounter first try, with three DPS phases. Could have definitely done this in just two if we had a titan with bubble/barricade combo.

    The Sanctified Mind. As I mentioned before, it took us about an hour to deal with this encounter, mostly because of the fatigue (it was waaaay past midnight for most of the Guardians in our fireteam) and the silly mistakes it caused.

    So what was the point of this? Well, to be honest, this raid run was one of the most rewarding, memorable and enjoyable gaming experiences in my life. It was fun and challenging. I highly recommend trying this challenge with your clanmates.

    There is a huge question though - should we even be able to clear the raid with literally the worst equipment in the game? I don't know. But it's nice to realize that no matter what Bungie nerfs next, the latest raid is beatable using the equipment you started your journey with. YOU CAN'T NERF GUARDIANS BUNGIE

    Hope you guys enjoy this post, and have a great rest of the season y'all!

    submitted by /u/i_belkin
    [link] [comments]

    DONT WORRY GUYS! I used my big Titan brain to improve the new Titan armour!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:52 PM PST

    https://twitter.com/TauxFox/status/1235834829620428801

    ( I forgot to write my class on it before I put it on. )

    Edit: Look Warlock! I made it to the front page! :D

    submitted by /u/Taux
    [link] [comments]

    The new Eververse sets are exactly what we asked for them to be

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:55 AM PST

    We all have complained that the coolest looking gear comes from Eververse, and it looks like they're finally listening to some degree. The new Eververse sets as a whole are not crazy stylish extravagant like the Empyrean Cartographer set for example, but they give us fashion options that don't exist in the game and that we've asked for, such as slim Titan gear, Warlock trench coat, and buff hunter, which I didn't even know I wanted until now. I'm never gonna wear the full Titan set, but there are definitely looks that I'm going to want to not have massive shoulders for, and they've given us that.

    This is what I feel like Eververse should always be; rather than having the coolest armor set in a season, give us more niche fashion options not found elsewhere, so it becomes less about "that armor set is badass I have to have it" and more about "I've been waiting for an x that looks like that to complete this look."

    Edit: changed stylish to extravagant, these sets are pretty stylish tbh

    submitted by /u/Loj35
    [link] [comments]

    Now that many armor sets are being added to the world loot pool, can we choose between weapons and armor from Rahool?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 10:37 AM PST

    As seen in this week's TWAB:

    Legendary Engrams

    - Increased the number of armor sets available from world drops to 11 sets, up from 3.

    - This will include Faction Rally armor. Players who own previous Faction Rally Ornaments may apply them to these sets.

    - Several sets that were previously unavailable or extremely difficult to acquire are now available as world drops.

    With all of this new loot, it will be harder to drop many of the awesome, random-rolled weapons in the world loot pool such as Old-Fashioned, Hawthorne's shotty, etc.

    I think it's time they begin allowing us to choose between armor and weapons for Lengrams like we could in D1. At least at Rahool. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/rintintin099
    [link] [comments]

    The Hunter "streetwear" arms = how all TITAN arms should look

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:14 AM PST

    The Hunter arms are muscled and armored in metal, but no shoulder pads (minimal shoulder pads can be cool too though) and no cloth sleeves. This is exactly how Titan arms should look. All Titan arms.

    EDIT: The way people are commenting you'd think I actually have some kind of power over the direction Bungie takes with their armor visual design, which I don't. So would everyone please stop willfully interpreting this post in the most hyper-literal way possible in order to justify this freakout response of "no, not LITERALLY ALL ARMOR SHOULD BE EXACTLY LIKE THAT!" Like, yeah, no shit. I just would like to see a more sleek, less blocky, less trashbin design philosophy.

    submitted by /u/former_cantaloupe
    [link] [comments]

    To the poor, poor Guardian that is stuck on the Almighty, nearly frozen in time...

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:31 AM PST

    We have slain the Black Heart,

    Eviscerated the Son and silenced the King,

    Broken the Wolves,

    Shattered the Devils,

    Fought back against the Legion and reclaimed our City,

    Rescued the Heretic,

    Awoken the Tyrant,

    Slain the last Ahamkara,

    Reclaimed our lost traditions,

    Shown the Outlaw that we are stronger than the whispers,

    Proven that we are a force to be reckoned with,

    Grew opulent with strength,

    Pressed back against the Deep,

    Revived a Legend.

    And now, we will save you. By just shooting the damn thing with Telesto. Breaks everything, we promise.

    submitted by /u/The_Purple_Icee
    [link] [comments]

    Have to laugh at the Irony in how much this sub complains about Eververse and not spending yet majorly loses it when the Titan armor isn’t what they want

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:57 AM PST

    People who actively leave Comp games should face escalating timeouts, culminating in season-long competitive bans.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 03:23 PM PST

    I'm so fed up with loading into Survival, losing a single round and having a teammate dip. I'm totally fine with people lagging out or disconnecting, but the punishment for leaving competitive games is incredibly lenient. Pop to the toilet, make yourself a sandwich, browse reddit and boom! Your 30 minute suspension is over.

    I would dearly like to see this 30 minute timeout increase for each successive instance in a season. The first one or two or however many are 30 minutes, then the next is an hour, then two hours, then four, etc etc until you quit a comp game and you are banned from the playlist until next season. I see no reason that this isn't solely going to affect those who are deliberately abandoning games, but I'm open to other ideas.

    submitted by /u/RitualKnif3
    [link] [comments]

    A huge amount of 4K Wallpaper Engine loops (with 4K stills attached)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I've posted about this before, but there's been a few seasons and a lot more wallpapers since. There's scenes for just about everywhere in the game that has some movement to make it worthwhile so a location you like will probably be in there somewhere.

    I should say that I mostly made these because I liked them and Wallpaper Engine made it super easy to upload them to the workshop, so they aren't perfect loops or anything. If there's one you particularly like and it hasn't got a cross-dissolve to smooth out the loop feel free to message me and I can make an update to it. I haven't done that for all of them because rendering uncompressed 4K footage is fairly rough on my computer and there's a lot there.

    Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/superfossa/myworkshopfiles/

    If you haven't got Wallpaper Engine, it's essentially a cheap method of having animated/moving desktop backgrounds with steam workshop integration. It can be set to pause when you open things like Destiny 2 to ensure you aren't losing performance. You need it if you want access to the loops, but most of the wallpapers have a full size screenshot attached on the workshop page that's essentially a 4K still if you go to the picture's direct link through a browser.

    To do that, you need to go to the wallpaper's page in a browser, click on the preview screenshot, right click on the pop-up to open the image in a new tab and then right click again to save the image to your PC. Some are missing screenshots, so again, message me if there's one you want. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/superFossa
    [link] [comments]

    what happened to omolon and other weapons like that?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:59 PM PST

    I'm kinda sad there hasn't been any new guns from the three core foundries (Omolon, Hakke, Suros). I'd hope to see those back again soon! The Omolon snipers were always really cool and so were the suros autos imo. I think there should be some new ones added maybeeeee.

    submitted by /u/2good4uGAMES
    [link] [comments]

    If sleeper nodes don't randomly play Russian hardbass this season I will be a little sad.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:31 AM PST

    That's it, that's the post.

    submitted by /u/ko21361
    [link] [comments]

    Just got Not Forgotten. I feel nothing.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:08 AM PST

    4 days shy of season reset. Honestly didn't think I'd get it. Thought I'd NEVER get it. Tried fireteams, solo queue, clanmates, randoms, good friends, you name it. Started off as just getting Komodo. Evolved into something greater. All for a gun arguably not even as good as my Luna's. Now that I have it, I don't even feel accomplished or anything. The spike of happiness at the final match win was fleeting. So at journey's end, what is there left for me? What was left for you? ...Unbroken?

    Why do I kill

    submitted by /u/ShoMeYourMoves
    [link] [comments]

    There is only 1 way to take down the almighty before it reaches earth

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:09 AM PST

    TELESTO:stares in the almightys direction

    Almighty:We moving we don't want any trouble

    submitted by /u/tracermain12
    [link] [comments]

    FYI there are over 1.4 million people in this sub and, surprisingly, they do not always agree on things.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:17 AM PST

    I get so annoyed when someone posts a thread or a comment that says "It's funny how the sub asked for something then they complain about that same something" There are almost a million and a half people on this sub and surprise surprise, they don't all agree. You're not gotchya-ing this sub when you post something like that. You're basically pointing out that the sky is blue.

    submitted by /u/LakerJeff78
    [link] [comments]

    Wouldn’t it be cool if seals gave you full body auras?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:30 AM PST

    I have a hard time feeling like an unstoppable space god of ultimate power when I'm wearing some tattered warlock robes and that's all while the current "auras" if you can call them that from emblems give you a tiny effect around your head that's pretty meh and not very interesting at all.

    Imagine if each seal you unlocked gave you a fullbody aura you could equip or dequip that was related to the seal you achieved, further giving us that feel of "I actually did something this season instead of just getting purple text under my name".

    Examples would be Shadow giving you a Calus purple / gold fog that'd surround your character, Saviour would give you a saint 14 neon purple aura that trails your character, Halo Reach Inclement weather is a great example of what the Aura's could look like that'd be great to earn from a Seal.

    I've always held an opinion that the seals are pretty eh in terms of what you get for basically 100%ing the season, a single text under your name shouldn't be the only thing you get, this would be a great item that wouldn't give the player any advantage but give an interesting cosmetic reward.

    submitted by /u/DestinySeekers
    [link] [comments]

    Remove Wallhacks from Hunters too.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 03:18 AM PST

    Sesiously, wtf ?

    Titans and Warlocks got WallHacks removed and you BUFFED Kepri's Sting ? seriously ? Buffed the Sting ? its Broken in Elim and Survial as it grants wall hacks by just smoking at your feet.

    edit: formatting and below.

    There is a reason why Kepri's is banned from Scrims...

    A response to many hunter mains down playing Kepri's String with "OMG! Capri is so trash sun, no one is using it, lol" response.

    in 6v6 Kepri's String, is average, useful in only start of match to get a few pick offs, but kinda useless later as whats the point of wallhacks when enemies are everywhere ?

    in 4v4 (Countdown and Survival) and 3v3 Survival Solo, Kepri is Good, because it allows initial pick offs, cause enemies to fight at a disadvantage, it's use ins't as much there because other exotics also give much more of an Advantage, and plus solo playlist doesn't have any communication with eachother.

    in 3v3 Survival, the group one, Kepri is awesome, because ability to wallhack and communicate the position of the enemy team to your team is very useful, allowing multiple pick offs, here you can see many hunters using it, espically on higher levels.

    in 3v3 Elimination, Kepri's is excellent, as the lack of respawn makes a pick offs much more useful, that's why people use it a lot here.

    in Trials Of Osiris, Kepri's String is going to indespensible, ability to see a flank and inform team or get a pick off is going make evey team have one Kepri's string.

    submitted by /u/Shadow_s_Bane
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone is talking about wanting more crucible/IB armour

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:01 PM PST

    But what about gambit armour? I mean yeah we have the reckoning gear. But I'm kinda sick of the ancient apocalypse armour set. Granted I never liked how it looked to begin with(at least on titan)

    submitted by /u/chrismarinoccio
    [link] [comments]

    Easy catalyst grind

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 12:06 AM PST

    Head to the "In the Deep" repayable story mission on the moon this week. After you get the cryptoglyph, infinite thrall will spawn and there is no timer, really easy way to grind out those catalysts.

    submitted by /u/myxyn
    [link] [comments]

    [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-03-06]

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine

    Description:

    A peddler of strange curios, Xûr's motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the Nine.

    Location:

    Calus Love Boat, Watcher's Grave, Nessus

    Exotic Gear:

    Name Type Armor Perk Perk 1 Perk 2 Cost
    Prometheus Lens Energy Trace Rifle 29 Legendary Shards
    Lucky Pants Hunter Leg Armor 23 Legendary Shards
    Helm of Saint-14 Titan Helmet 23 Legendary Shards
    Apotheosis Veil Warlock Helmet 23 Legendary Shards

    Consumables:

    Name Type Cost
    Five of Swords Challenge Card

    What's a Xûr?

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine, is a strange vendor who randomly appears in a Public Sector in each of the Worlds, depending on the current Flashpoint. Xûr sells Exotic equipment and only takes Legendary Shards in exchange for them.

    TL;DR: He's the Santa Claus of Destiny and every weekend is Christmas. Sometimes he brings you what you want, sometimes he brings you coal. Mostly it's coal.

    When does Xûr visit?

    Xûr visits every Friday at 17:00 UTC and departs at reset. If you would like to see all the live conversions of Time Zones, please follow this link here.

    Sort comments by New to join the conversation!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Can the Warlock get a back hand finisher?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Cause with the new threads next season, he's gonna be asking for his Glimmer on time!!

    submitted by /u/INY0FACE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment