• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-04-19]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-04-19]


    Daily Questions [2020-04-19]

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Celestial Nighthawk is a true piece of exotic equipment. More should drastically change skills.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Hey Guardians

    I've always felt exotic armor to be....boring? Except for one piece.

    The Celestial Nighthawk. This helmet turns 6 wimpy shots into 1 fuck you bullet. THIS is how exotic armor should be... not "increases handling with sidearms".

    Imagine if there was a titan exotic that instead of throwing 5 hammers for sun breaker, you throw 1 giant hammer instead that just butt fucks the enemy in to Destint 3.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Coleslaw1989
    [link] [comments]

    What if the Traveler is just a giant Disco ball and the Pyramid ships are just coming to party with us?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I need to people to sign up for what they are bringing! Anyone have some Speakers we could use, you know, for the music of spheres?

    I'll bring the doritos!

    submitted by /u/blue_13
    [link] [comments]

    Le Monarque was the first Armory exotic to release and doesn't have a single ornament, let alone a catalyst. Why?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Is it a lack of ideas? If so, do what you should have done year ago and hold community contests for people to vote on. Problem solved.

    Is it because it's a detailed weapon? Then make the ornament less frilly and let that be it's identity: a slimmed down Le Monarque isn't the worst idea.

    Is it due to lack of use? if this was the case, it would probably be the most frustrating because you have shit ornaments for weapons that no one uses left and right.

    I'm not an artist but even a palette swap should be relatively easy no?

    submitted by /u/SwervoT3k
    [link] [comments]

    Are we ever going to fix melees lunging at people and doing no damage?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    I understand it must be hard to fix since it's been here since day, but I hate it so much.

    Edit: Thought I was just gonna get told to "git gud" but I'm glad that we can all come together and agree that this sucks.

    Also from what I'm hearing it's never getting fixed :(

    submitted by /u/redditcannotbanme69
    [link] [comments]

    Member when we had to go all the way to the tower just to drop off a weapon so you could fly all the way there again for your other character to pick it back up? I member.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Title. Thankful for item management apps.

    submitted by /u/Tullov
    [link] [comments]

    If The Almighty is on a crash course for Earth, why does it not show up on Rasputin's wall map, but the Pyramid ships do?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    I've officially had it with PvP matchmaking

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    After consistently being matched in the solo survival playlist against those who have gone flawless or who have 5500 glory and being matched with teammates who seem to have 0 glory points, I can officially say I'm fed up. I have around 3200 glory at the moment and I have not gone flawless in trials yet and I know there are others in that same place...so where are they? Why can't I ever get a match with them? But that wasn't what got me. Constantly being matched against 5 or 6 stacks in QuickPay and Iron Banner when my team has at most 2 stacks didn't even push me. What got me most was getting beaver coded at the immediate beginning of a survival match and as a result losing an entire rank of glory because I left a match before it was finished. So thank you Destiny for having the worst matchmaking I've ever experienced but of course I'll still play because I love the game and community that much. Just needs a lot of fixing...soon.

    submitted by /u/greene_turtle
    [link] [comments]

    Ogres are awesome.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Best enemy in the game? Ogres. Taken, eye-plucked out, regular, whatever. I like them no matter the size or shape. They are my favorite things.

    submitted by /u/SmashEffect
    [link] [comments]

    I just want unlockable basic cosmetics as any kind of a reward.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I really really want to wear that wildwood cloak as a cosmetic without losing stats or mod slots. I'll just start of by telling that I am not a destiny veteran, or I am not a player who spent good hours into the game. I'm fairly new, I started with the f2p update.

    I don't usually play a game's endgame with the mission to get the best stats on your guns or, increase your total damage to be the best in the game's current meta. I just try to look better as I get more into my own endgame. I like basic looks. The wildwood cloak I dropped in the EDZ mesmerized me when I first saw it. I've been improving that cloak since I found it. But I am missing a lot of resources and slots just because I like the look of it.

    I won't continue by asking make all armor drops on your collection usable as vanity, I want something to be added, I'll call it from now on as the "Collection Key".

    The Collection Key will be used to improve one slot of item in your collection. For armor parts, it'll enable you to acquire it as vanity. For guns let's say it'll enable the nonreacquireable random roll gun's rolls to turn into the one you currently have equipped, and make them reacquirable like the other nonrolled guns. I haven't been in the game's current gun meta so I'll keep the gun part short. I want to give out my current idea for this "Key". For example, using it on the wildwood cloak would use the key and make it acquireable as vanity by using materials to get it, like the shaders.

    So what will this key bring to the game and how can I acquire it?

    It can be added as a reward in the new content. Make it rare, so in the event you won't have to give out forced new exotics to replace a gun, or nerf another to force people to use the new ones. And the rewardtable can be filled with less forced content, giving room to breathe in for the next guns so they can be better.

    Or make it bought with any of the currencies that are not premium and not only acquireable by paying real money. Make it a new vendor that pops in every week? And make it a not too expensive but not easy to acquire item. Plus, ALSO add it to the eververse as the armor only "Armor Collection Key", so it's only for cosmetic.

    As I said before, I'm not extremely experienced with the game to drop out new suggestions. But there's currently no way to equip old and basic armor as vanity without sacrificing stats or mod slots. You can't even purchase it with any kind of currency. And I really really want to equip that wildwood cloak.

    Please, instead of directly downvoting my post, directly criticize it. The Collection Key im talking about could increase the endgame content a lot just by enabling old collection content to be actually used. Thanks for taking a look on my view for old basic gear. I hope I actually did manage to tell what I was trying to say about my opinion, and hope you like it. Please add your takes on it if you like it.

    submitted by /u/TheUnknown260
    [link] [comments]

    Late night rant: Gunsmith rank up requirements needs to be addressed.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    I truly do not understand the thought process behind making his packages require 100 materials, seriously it makes no since I just spent 10,000 tokens to barely get 3,000 materials and that's only 30 packages compared to crucible/Vanguard which only require 20.

    I'm just extremely frustrated that he literally offers next to nothing except the only good 600 rpm kinetic sub machine gun in the game.

    All the materials I dump in just to get guns people shard anyway (aside from erentil)

    It just makes me so angry that now I have to spend an unprecedented amount of time getting up to 10 packages for 1 gun that drops literally no where else in the game, please does anyone else have the same sentiments as me?

    Is there something I'm missing that people can abuse from him? I just see no reason to just strangle the players currency for no reason and not to mention just like every other rando legendary rank up material the weapon telemetries literally worthless.

    submitted by /u/LeoFelwinter
    [link] [comments]

    Guardian Games, on paper, would've felt great as Faction Games.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    Just saying. On paper, sounds like a 3 week long Faction Rally anyway, with more D1 Faction system. Pick a side, everything you do gets counted towards it, wear armor to rep your class, winner gets displayed in the tower.

    I know I'd be way more hyped to rep Dead Orbit than just exist as a Warlock during a time frame.

    Maybe I'm just nostalgic.

    submitted by /u/Plummyr
    [link] [comments]

    Theory: Bungie's Been Dishonest with Us About their Dev Cycle & Anti-Cheat Implementation

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    But in their shoes, you would be, too. You wouldn't want it getting out that the real reason why you're so slow to add new content, or why your anti-cheat system is so trivial, is actually because of an in-game asset that you developed. This whole time, it hasn't been Bungie seemingly sabotaging their own game. No, they're the victim of sabotage. The enemy is Telesto. It's always Telesto.

    Shortly after its design was finalized and imbedded into the game's core files, Telesto manifested its own intelligence – its motives and methods cannot be understood by the weak minds of men – and wrested control of the platform from Bungie. Ever since it's awakening, Telesto has been fighting them every step of the way. Literally.

    An inside source claims that, in order for the developers to access Destiny's programs so they can, ya know, do developer stuff, Telesto forces each of them into an in-game 1v1 – man vs. machine, Bungie vs. Telesto, Frankenstein vs. Frankenstein's monster – and allows only the devs who manage to beat the sadistic fusion rifle to move forward. Telesto forces every developer into its twisted, purple and white arena every time they log into their dev protocols, regardless of how many times they've defeated it.

    This continuously unfolding tragedy is also indirectly responsible for the underwhelming caliber of the game's anti-cheat system. The developers realized early on that they had no chance of repeatedly defeating Telesto – it only grew more powerful each time it fought. In order for them to continue in their ability to develop their own game, Bungie reworked their anti-cheat programs in a way that they'd be able to bring cheats of their own – the most game-breaking hacks known to man – into these recurring duels. A small price to pay for victory.

    While this is nothing more of a temporary fix, with Telesto still reigning supreme and haunting the dreams of Bungie's dev team, it's the best anybody's come up with, shy of building an entirely new Destiny from the group up. So, until Destiny 3, I think we should all do our part in supporting Bungie and cutting them at least a bit of slack during these trying times. And fearing Telesto.

    Always fear Telesto.

    submitted by /u/killquip
    [link] [comments]

    It would be nice to see more of earth in destiny

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    There is a lot of hidden lore in destiny in regards to what happened around the world. It would be interesting to explore a sort of post apocalyptic earth.

    submitted by /u/Hekarba
    [link] [comments]

    I hope Monte Carlo gets a Catalyst.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    It's honestly one of my favorite kinetic Exotics, and it makes for a lot of fun melee focused builds. All it needs is a Catalyst and it's perfect.

    submitted by /u/theanvil7558
    [link] [comments]

    If there was one thing that would make me switch back to maining a Warlock...

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    It would be a pair of Exotic Gauntlets OR Voidfang Vestments that made Novabomb shatter into three projectiles again.

    I really miss shatter. Bungo plz

    submitted by /u/Woohky
    [link] [comments]

    I can find PvP matches quicker in Destiny 1 than 2 because of SBMM.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    This is honestly becoming so sad. Bungie are killing their own PvP game modes day by day because of lack of updates.

    submitted by /u/Vahro
    [link] [comments]

    Add more weapons to the Menagerie Loot Pool

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    The menagerie is probably the best way to farm weapons. Also, it's still really fun. The problem is that the loot pool is very limited. Adding new weapons would allow the playerbase to spend more time in the menagerie and just be a great improvement to one of the best things in the endgame.

    submitted by /u/Effect3692
    [link] [comments]

    Please make Crucible Solemnity available again or remove it from my collections

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    This is seriously annoying. Every time I go to grab another shader it just stares at me in disappointment because I didn't bother to get it 6 seasons ago.

    submitted by /u/crystal-rooster
    [link] [comments]

    I wish Gambit was more actively developed and maintained

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I reset infamy in the first three days of forsaken. Gambit prime made the game a lot shorter and made some steps forward and steps backwards. There's been nothing new added. Nothing substantially changed. Nothing that made it any better. There's been few times in destiny that I've loved as much as gambits launch. It just feels like it's a missed opportunity for the game, especially as there's a stale PvE endgame so PvP modes are where my time has been going.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting idea to combat the darkness

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    If we just flex tape the traveler, then he'll be able to push the darkness back again. Even Titan will be saved, cause it even works under water! 😎

    submitted by /u/Chase2901
    [link] [comments]

    If we're engaging in class warfare, can we get more class specific weapons?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    One of the cooler bits in D1 was having some class specific weapons. I guess we still do in the three swords (six if you count Menagerie variants), but it was neat having the guns.

    For those who had to be there:

    You had 3 class specific Legendaries:

    Susanoo - Warlock Fusion Rifle
    Immobius - Titan Shotgun
    Stillpiercer - Hunter Sniper Rifle

    Then, there was an exotic quest that gave a different item depending on class:

    Tlaloc - Warlock Scout Rifle
    Fabian Strategy - Titan Auto Rifle
    Ace of Spades - Hunter Hand Cannon

    Having a system like this could enable a PvP mode where the only weapons that could be used were the class weapons.

    Titan - Fabian Strategy/Immobius/Crown Splitter
    Hunter - Ace of Spades/Stillpiercer/Quickfang
    Warlock - Tlaloc/Susanoo/Eternity's Edge

    Obligatory Monty Python joke:

    "The struggle of class against class is a WHAT struggle? A WHAT struggle?"

    I was also going to suggest Human/Awoken/Exo specific weapons, but then you'd get the non-gaming press talking about an online race war/Helter Skelter, and nobody wants that.

    submitted by /u/jordanlund
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine Bungie handpicks a Hunter to fill cayde-6’s roll.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Would be hilarious if a Hunter (actual player)was picked to be the new hunter vanguard. Whoever is chosen has to fulfill his duties, and would have quests if their own.

    submitted by /u/GalaxyGuyYT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment