• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 9, 2020

    Destiny Erika Ishii Q&A

    Destiny Erika Ishii Q&A


    Erika Ishii Q&A

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48916


    Ask her nicely and Erika Ishii will sing songs from the famed Broadway show "Hamilton" for you… only with a twist. Specifically, she's got her own Destiny-themed version of the musical's song "Dear Theodosia," with lyrics centered on everyone's favorite Warmind.

    Dearest Rasputin

    What to say to you?

    You're my Warmind, you have a Russian name

    When you came online you launched warsats

    And it warmed my heart

    As the new voice of Ana Bray and with an ever-growing resume of on-camera and voice acting roles under her belt, Ishii is no stranger to performing. If you've played games like Shenmue III, Fallout 76, Smite, or seen anime films like Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative, you've heard Ishii's work. As a host with shows on Geek & Sundry and Nerdist, Ishii is deeply immersed in the world of geek culture. She's also a big Destiny fan (and a Warlock main, in case you're curious), who told us that getting the role of Ana was "a real honor."

    "My agent, if she has really good news for me, a lot of times she'll call me to deliver it in person, and so she did," Ishii recalls. "There was a lot of screaming and crying, definitely."

    We recently caught up with Ishii in her home in Los Angeles, where we talked about what she wanted to bring to the role of Ana Bray, how her career has progressed, and what it's like to hear her own voice in a videogame.

    How did you prepare for the role of Ana?

    I was very fortunate that there was already this wealth of lore. The game has been out for a while. I played Destiny 1, but I hadn't had a chance to play [Destiny 2] yet. The Bungie guys were so sweet and they sent me codes to pop in [and] play some Destiny. Also I watched some "Let's Plays" to catch up on lore and any background information I might need.

    I make playlists for almost every character I play, and there's definitely an Ana playlist.

    What kind of music made the Ana Bray playlist?

    When I make a character playlist, it's songs that define who they are, how they feel about events or others. Of course there's stuff from the Destiny 2 soundtrack. And then a lot of songs about her isolation; there's a couple of songs from my favorite artists Vian Izak and Juniper Vale -- "The Astronaut" and "The Expanse." It has a lonely and hopeful feeling to it.

    I would listen to it before I went to sessions or in between session weeks to keep fresh. Music is a huge touchstone of how I get into character or formulate and focus character.

    Right tunes, right frame of mind. Makes sense. According to your Web site, you've got a musical background.

    Most voice actors I know are musical. There's something about the rhythm and the musicality of phrasing and performance and breath control that I think music prepares you for. People who are drawn to music are also drawn to voice acting. It's very common.

    What were the Destiny recording sessions like?

    It was just so much fun. It was criminal amount of fun. It's really just getting to play; I feel so lucky to get to do this.

    Voice acting presents a unique challenge as far as acting goes, because you have to imagine everything yourself. What are the weather conditions like? Are you speaking to someone who is far away from you, or close? Then you have to layer all of the physical conditions on top. [Things like] how are you feeling? What is your character trying to get across? Is your character an expert on this topic? There's so many elements you need to keep in mind while you're performing. It's a wonderful, exciting challenge.

    Are there any specific challenges to building a scene?

    One of my favorite challenges is fight scenes. I love the efforts that go into it. I'm a former martial artist so [I know] what it sounds like to get hit or to deliver a blow. But you also have to find out what the conditions are for that scene. So for the opening cinematic [in Season of the Worthy], you know [Ana is] trying to be quiet, but she's distracted because she's on the radio. It's fun to slot in all of those elements and see them come into place because you don't know what it's going to look like when you record it.

    Sometimes animators or developers will be able to build a scene around your performance. But a lot of times they have this idea [like], "You're carrying a heavy gun here, so you're doing all of this exposition while you're jogging with a heavy gun." It's so cool to layer on the imagined physicality for things.

    The director and everyone over at Bungie, they allowed me to bring a lot of my own take to things. They allowed me to interpret the character as I saw it and it happened to align with their vision. The best directors will have their vision in mind, and have the vision of the developers in mind, but also see what you're bringing to the table. I was very fortunate that, with Ana, there was an element of that.

    What was your vision for your Ana performance? How do you relate to her?

    I think every character that you play you find something of them in yourself, or put a bit of yourself into them. Ana is inquisitive and I think she really wants to help in the way that she best knows how. Exploring your past and your history -- whether it's in an undiscovered "sci-fi" sense, or just you as a person -- is difficult. That was something that was interesting to explore.

    What's it like to be part of the Destiny cast?

    I still can't believe that I got to join this cast. That cast is stacked. Some of the greats of voiceover and on-camera. Such incredible actors that I get to say I'm in an ensemble with. A lot of people that I looked up to, or were idols of mine. I've joined the ranks and it's unbelievable to me.

    I love seeing the diverse and really rich characters of the world of Destiny. The fact that [Ana is a] queer Asian woman was kind of huge for me. I identify as pansexual. It's really amazing because that's not something you get to see a lot in media; queer women of color. That felt very significant to me.

    Have you played the game since you've been in it?

    Not yet! I want to jump back in, especially since I was power leveling my Warlock before the season dropped. Now that [my performance is] in, I'm a little nervous. It's odd hearing myself; most artists are very self-critical but I haven't jumped in yet.

    We're sure the fans are loving it. What's it like to hear YOUR voice when playing a game or watching a movie you're in?

    I was in the Gundam movie [Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative] and I got to take my mom to the screening premier of it. And the first time a character speaks, [it was] just an out-of-body experience. I was like "Oh, that's me!" That happened in the trailer where Ana has those lines. It didn't feel real seeing her mouth move and my voice come out of it. It was so wild. I have friends who play Destiny. They would send me clips and say, "I heard you in my living room!"

    What has your path to voice-over acting been like?

    I feel like no VO actor has the same story. Everybody comes from different backgrounds. I did on-camera acting for a long time. I always wanted to do voice over. I grew up with cartoons and videogames. One day I made the decision that I wanted to do VO specifically for videogames because it's this new exciting medium that we have growing up in our lifetimes. Imagine being at the advent of cinema and getting a chance to make films. I wanted to be part of performing for this exciting new narrative medium.

    Was there a game that served as your inspiration?

    I grew up with videogames. There have been so many incredible performances by legends and pioneers. I think it was playing The Last of Us that I decided, "Oh for sure, this is what I'm going to do."

    I was always so scared to do it because it's a different skill than on-camera acting. Other than the different techniques you need to learn, there's a financial investment involved with it; paying for a demo, paying for classes, workshops and everything you need to be ready and have a calling card and show that you're serious in the industry.

    But it was playing The Last of Us that I said, "Yeah it's worth it to me. I want to make art like this. I want to be a part of this medium that I really love."

    I was very fortunate to have a lot of good mentors, friends, and colleagues that gave me opportunities. I was lucky to have a lot of background that prepared me for a lot of those opportunities when they arose. On-camera acting, improv, [and] music helped so much.

    It's really truly wild to me that I get to do my dream job.

    In the near term, Erika will be narrating the new Vampire: The Masquerade novella that's due for release this summer, and she looks forward to her next opportunity to jump back in the role of Ana Bray.

    Thanks to Erika for spending time with us.

    If you'd like to learn more about her, check out her website, or follow her on Twitter (@erikaishii) or Instagram (@theerikeishii).

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-04-09]

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Looking back on it, the visits to see Queen Mara were examples of both an evolving world and “you had to be there” done very well

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    The surprise reveal of her being alive was stunning on its own, but finding out we actually got to go see her every 3rd week was totally unexpected. Each time we saw her she gave us wisdom, hints toward future events (seeing the Emissary briefly), and WOULD have given us the most shocking reveal in D2 (Uldren being revived) if it wasn't spoiled by Dataminers.

    You HAD to be there to see her. Bungie didn't lock the lore behind her having to still be there either, so new players don't miss out on something tangible, but they missed out on the experience. And just like that.... she departed. Now you can still visit but she won't be there. You can still get your Oracle reward, but the Queen's throne is now empty. You just had to be there...

    submitted by /u/Stewbeef12
    [link] [comments]

    I got to thinking, "How fast would the Almighty ACTUALLY be travelling towards Earth?" Naturally, I did the math to find out.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    TL;DR: REALLY fucking fast.

    This thought came across my mind at some point, and I finally sat down to figure it out. You may be asking yourself, "Why did you do this?", to which I say, "Why not?" I have a history of trying to apply real-world physics to video game scenarios. It's always an interesting exercise, and this one proved to be a little more involved than I had anticipated. I'll try to keep the explanation as simple as I can.

    Before we dive right in, there are a few assumptions we'll to make to simplify this problem significantly:

    • The Almighty hits the Earth. Some of you may see this as an absolute win.

    • The Almighty takes the entire Season (13 weeks) to reach Earth.

    • The positions of the planets in-game at the start of the Season match their positions in real life at that time. This is very likely not the case, but because we don't have definitive dates for when Destiny takes place, we'll use what we know for certain.

    • The Almighty is initially halfway between Mercury and the Sun. This is probably the biggest assumption we'll make. From what investigating I've done, we have no idea where the Almighty sat with respect to Mercury while it slowly ate the planet and tried to destroy the Sun. It therefore seems reasonable to me to assume it sat about halfway between the two. This is probably an overestimate, but... eh.

    • Earth's orbit is circular. Earth and Mercury orbit on the same plane. All motion is relative to the Sun. These are purely to make the math easier. The first is nearly true, so this is a common assumption to make. The second is clearly not, but I don't think the difference in the orbital planes will affect the results that much. The third is there because while the entire Solar System will move, we're not worried about that.

    With these assumptions in place, what we first need to do is determine where Earth and Mercury start and where Earth ends up. That's the most difficult part of this entire problem, but it doesn't end up being that bad. We then connect our assumed position of the Almighty to the Earth's ending position, calculate the distance of that line, and finally calculate the speed using that distance and the known time scale.

    I found an interesting website that simulates the Solar System for the dates of interest. I aligned the model such that I had an "overhead" view of the Solar System, plugged in the two dates (March 10, 2020 and June 9, 2020), took screenshots, and got to measuring. The assumption about Earth's orbit being circular let me calculate Mercury's initial distance from the Sun, which I then used to (more or less) accurately place the Almighty. I found the initial coordinates of the Almighty, then the final coordinates of the Earth.

    On this lovely diagram, I determined the Almighty starts at (-1.65 cm, -0.6 cm) and the Earth ends up at (-1.9 cm, 8.7 cm). Using the distance formula, the line connecting these two points, the path the Almighty takes, has a length of 8.1 cm. On this scale, the Earth is 8.9 cm from the Sun, and if we equate that to its actual (average) orbital distance of 1.496x1011 m, we can calculate the Almighty's path in realistic terms. This turns out to be 1.362x1011 m.

    If the Almighty travels that distance in 13 weeks (or 2184 hours, or 7862400 seconds), then the Almighty's average speed over the Season of the Worthy will be 17322 17.322 kilometers per second. (For reference, the Earth's orbital velocity around the Sun is a little over 29.5 km/s) This is nearly 6% of the speed of light! (See IMPORTANT EDIT below...)

    To me, this calls into question how effective any kind of countermeasure from Rasputin will be. Even if he decides to just blow the whole thing up (which he'll probably have to do), the debris field will still travel at roughly the same speed and likely spread out some. It would be like turning a slug shot into birdshot mid-flight... but I digress.

    If you enjoyed this post, want to see more like it, or have ideas of other things to investigate, let me know! I'm a physics student in my first year of graduate school, and under the mandatory stay-at-home orders, I have some free time on my hands.

    EDIT: Formatting and a word

    EDIT 2: Bad units

    IMPORTANT EDIT : As I was trying to answer a question in the comments, I kept running into problems with the math. After reviewing my work, it turns out I made a stupid unit error when calculating the Almighty's speed. The correct speed should be 17.322 km/s. I apologize, I should've triple-checked my work before posting this.

    EDIT 4: Why is this getting Reddit Silver?

    submitted by /u/IDZeta99
    [link] [comments]

    A season pass should be a side objective you can complete while playing other activities, not the main focus of the game.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Imo, having to level through the season pass to get access to seasonal weapons like the smg and shotgun is not good design. It would make a lot more sense to tie these weapons to things like bunker level.

    Instead of playing a quest or nightfalls, I'm just farming bounties. Bungie is literally hurting itself with this, because instead of motivating players to play literally anything else, players just farm bounties, get frustrated and leave for other games. I'm not opposed to a season pass, but I can't help but feel that Bungie have made mistakes implementing it.

    When some of the more interesting loot in this season comes from a season pass that in any other game just contains cosmetics, I think there's an issue. A season pass should be a cherry on top. Not the main focus of the game.

    submitted by /u/Short_Circuit22
    [link] [comments]

    When a community rep asks for feedback give them feedback and not a tantrum.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Fucking please?

    submitted by /u/ShawntezPhillips
    [link] [comments]

    We are upvoting people to the front page who are saying the game was more fun to playing during CoO than it is right now. Ya'll need to keep some damn perspective because you are embarrassing yourselves.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Do we not remember:

    Public Events being the best way to get exotics and to level, or the fact that we had 1/5 the number of exotics in-game?

    The leveling system being broken, and power gaps weren't re-worked meaning being 15 power level under an activity wasn't a challenge, it was a death sentence.

    Double Primaries

    No Comp, let alone freelance Comp or the changes to Comp that have happened

    The OG IB quests which were far harder and longer than the one's we have now

    No pinnacle weapons or ritual weapons

    No events like Dawning or Solstice for much longer than we have now.

    Less inventory space

    Less inventory management capabilities, no sorting

    No ordeal NFs

    Fixed rolls on weapons, all of which came with fewer perks

    The old masterwork system for weapons and armor

    4 playable planets, with Mercury being the newest "addition".. not even a full planet, even by today's standards

    The list goes on.... CoO was basically the same game as Vanilla Destiny 2, which was so bad people compared it to Vanilla Destiny 1.. The game that straight up didn't have an end-game, at all.. it was the loot cave, do you guys not remember? The token system for all loot, waiting after Bungie said the reason they 'put a 2 on the box' was so that all expansions would be RoI to TTK sized, do you not remember that from the DRE? And then they give us CoO, the smallest location ever added in the franchise, so small you couldn't even use sparrows.. we had half as many crucible maps, crucible was horrible btw, we complain today but it's nothing like as horrible as it was then.. I

    spend a day getting back into the swing of school, and come back to the subreddit and see this utter bullshit on the front page. You guys will never stop surprising me.

    submitted by /u/Brockelley
    [link] [comments]

    The game has litteraly millions of players all over the world, yet the matchmaking system still struggles to find me 2 more guys for a strike and at least someone for seraph tower

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Just want to know why it's so bad

    submitted by /u/Spook_master69
    [link] [comments]

    If Curse Of Osiris is considered the worse content for Destiny 2 i will tell you that i enjoyed much more forging (farming) Mercury weapons than i can enjoy the bunkers.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    I even didn't finish with the EDZ bunker, just can't do it, it's extremely boring. Sometimes i pick the bounties and do them passively in Crucible but that's all.

    In my opinion, this is the worst content in Destiny's history.

    Edit: *worst

    submitted by /u/LastWordSabic
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie nerfed Handheld Supernova only to bring back one of the most stupid bugs to exist with it

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/l6FCSmE

    There's a reason why Bungie decided in the first place to buff HHSN so it wouldn't be able to kill you. That's because they were never able to fix the bug where if you aimed down while in the air and had some forward momentum, the grenade would always explode on your leg causing you to die. So their fix was to make it not kill you if it were to explode next to you. By going back to it's initial state, the bug was brought back making the nerfs to HHSN much worse.

    https://imgur.com/ose66hT

    Here is another major bug with HHSN that has never been addressed or even recognized by Bungie as a bug. This one happens when you try to use HHSN while in Nova Warp. The HHSN will instantly blow up in your face. Apparently this bug is tied to your framerate so if you play at 60 fps or higher you're more than likely to encounter this bug. Notice how much damage you're doing to yourself. If you even try this you're basically giving the enemy team a free shutdown on your super all on your own.

    Can we please get some attention towards these issues? These are pretty big bugs that affect the sub-class.

    submitted by /u/Xaolin99
    [link] [comments]

    Towerthought: The Rasputin Heavy Frames are just 3D Printed Ogres.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Yep. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

    submitted by /u/kelrics1910
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unlock the last wish raid? I’m a 971 power warlock. Do I have too little power or do I have to complete something else before I can play it?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I just bought forsaken. Where is the raid?

    submitted by /u/_Mr19
    [link] [comments]

    You can farm champions for points infinitely in the Broodhold NF.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Just kill that champions that drop worms, then let the worms explode and the champions will respawn. Infinite points. Ez 100k.

    submitted by /u/x3MK
    [link] [comments]

    1 Full Write up on the Warmind Cell mods! What they do and how they work!

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    First and foremost, here's the link

    Know there's plenty of turbulence going around in the game right now, but figured I should highlight one of the best, most fun and powerful tools that exists in the game right now: Warmind cells.

    Several of us got together on the RaidSecrets Discord and worked out the mechanics behind the cell, as well as how several the mods work now that they're all out. Given their relative newness and the fact that not everyone is currently using them, there's likely a few things that've been missed but feel free to make that information known!

    Personal Take: Seraph Weapons good. Warmind Cells good. I'd draw a diagram explaining it in depth but the Titans ate all my Crayons.

    Edit: Oh god I fat-fingered in a 1 in the post title

    submitted by /u/Soleceon
    [link] [comments]

    Division 2's latest ban fiacso really makes you appreicate how well Bungie handles exploits.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    So, there was a damage scaling exploit that allowed a lot of players to do higher difficulty content very easily, which led to Massive banning a lot of players for 7 days and rolling back their progress, its really nice that Bungie's knee jerk reaction to glitches isn't banning players but fixing the glitches or disabling items. also a very similar thing happened to in Anthem, when Gladd got banned.

    for more info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfQ6r_Ke6s

    submitted by /u/Shadow_s_Bane
    [link] [comments]

    Leave the bunkers after the season is over

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Hey bungie, I know you want an evolving world, so LEAVE SOMETHING after the season.

    I think it's funny how the world that changes with the story looks exactly the same as it did mid-October. So, learn from the vanishing obelisks and portal frame and leave the bunkers in.

    Sure they can be closed(I would prefer if we could still check out the bunkers but I get if not) but leave them there as a symbol of what we did, so that new players can ask what they are and we can look back and say, "oh yeah those were these cool bunkers"

    Basically, bunkers cool, please keep

    P.s. if you leave the whole bunker they can become idk lost sectors? Maybe add an adventure to them and they are legendary lost sectors? Idk

    submitted by /u/Thesaurususaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Blacksmith Seal - The Refurbished Black Armory Shader Drop Rate needs to be Fixed

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    This can't be working as intended. The only thing I need to acquire to get the Blacksmith seal at this point is Refurbished Black Armory, a Blue Shader. I made a post about this in February, and despite nearly 100 more Forge clears past my initial 165 (can't track clears at the moment due to the new emblem system), and at least that many more Forge Saboteurs, I still haven't had Refurbished Black Armory drop for me. Can we please get a Bungie response on if this drop is working properly? u/dmg04 u/Cozmo23

    For those not in the know, this shader only drops on the experimental weapons that have a chance to drop from any Forge completion, or Forge Saboteur kill. It has a very low chance to drop when dismantling one of these guns, which is odd as dismantling any item with one of the Forge specific Legendary Shaders has a guaranteed drop. I have dismantled every single Experimental Weapon I have acquired up until this point, and currently have at least 265 forge completions, and at least 350 Saboteur kills, and still no shader.

    I have done a Flawless Scourge of the Past, I have done every challenge for that raid, I ground out the 100 frame completions, a particularly miserable task with the currently broken tower load times. I acquired and completed 6 rare bounties, 500 kills with a specific weapon at each Forge, and the only hold out to this seal is a Blue Rarity Shader.

    The issue seems to be that Rare Shaders don't have a guaranteed drop on dismantle unlike their Legendary counterparts, it seems the Rare Shaders have a <5% drop chance, which can lead to some extremely frustrating RNG. These sorts of drops needs to have some sort of protection put in place when linked to a seal, or the shader needs to be converted to a Legendary to confirm a drop. I enjoyed pursuing Blacksmith, but it's not a fun experience to have to continue grinding Forge completions and Forge Saboteurs, hoping for a chance at an Experimental Weapon, and then hoping for a chance to get the shader on dismantle. From searching it seems I am not the only person in this situation either, and the replies on the previous thread more than confirm that. Really discouraging as a player to feel like my time hasn't been respected at all.

    TLDR: Put some sort of drop protection on the Refurbished Black Armory Shader to prevent it from being the most "difficult" part of the Blacksmith Seal.

    submitted by /u/Mooseiah
    [link] [comments]

    Carrying a Warmind Cell round a map then sticking it at range onto a Witches head is glorious.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    Adding the Grasp Of The Warmind Mod to my set of gear might be the best thing in the game at this time.

    The carry time is pretty unlimited and a well aimed throw will stick onto its target.

    Are there issues in the game currently? Yes, of course.

    We really should give thanks to the person/team who added Warmind Cells, though. It's stupidly good fun.

    submitted by /u/CarpathianUK
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, did you add giant wires in the IO bunker because you knew we enjoyed jumping off the slide for the momentum?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    As title said, I love sliding down the bunker slides and jumping off last moment for the insane momentum, but the IO bunker has giant wires in the way so you get killed immediately
    HoW dArE yOu bUnGiE??!?!?!

    btw this is a joke I know the environmental assets were set when the season started

    submitted by /u/Xervelgarde
    [link] [comments]

    It's been a month, and all trees of Arcstrider are still getting their remaining super energy refunded upon death. Idk if bungie is aware but fixing Raiju's Harness did *not* fix this bug, and I'm tired of facing the same super 3x in a Trials match.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Idk if Bungie is aware or not that the Raiju's Harness fix did NOT fix the glitch where arcstrider's get their remaining super energy back on death.

    Really frustrating to shut a super down only to have to fight it again 30 seconds later.

    Bungie pls. Fix. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tino125
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the blind well loot pool so terrible?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    As of right now there is no point to playing blind well besides maybe finishing a dreaming city bounty. Why does it not have a way to grind for dreaming city weapons like the menagerie?

    submitted by /u/jointheswarm
    [link] [comments]

    Ward of Dawn won't trigger if you have a Sword on

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    It will just turn unto the normal super.

    Switch weapons before atempting to deploy you bubbles.

    submitted by /u/Mosqueton
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding longer barrels meaning larger range stats...

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    ...my Dreaded Venture is taking that to a whole new level

    https://imgur.com/a/uy4ML6M

    submitted by /u/Cannon_Chow
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn't We Be Concerned that Rasputin Can Hijack Our Ghosts?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    We first encountered this phenomenon in D2 during the "Arecibo Adventure" on Io, when Rasputin had us tracking down various sleeper nodes playing pre-Golden Age music. At the end of the adventure, we are led into an old Warmind Bunker and our ghost scans one final sleeper node - which causes our ghost to immediately go into a trance and state:

    "I don't understand. Wait. Something's happening... Gah! RED SAND! ICE CAPS! Ahhhhhhhh!

    "Hey! Sorry, I spaced out for a second there. What were we doing?"

    The voice uttering the words "Red Sand" and "Ice Caps" does not appear to be our ghost's voice, and our ghost has no memory of saying those words. Instead, it was Rasputin - taking over control and speaking to us through our ghost - likely warning us of the Hive trapped in the Ice Caps of Mars.

    This "hijacking" of our ghost by Rasputin also occurs in this week's new cutscene [Spoilers]:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=083wpNurRSw

    In order to communicate with Zavala, Rasputin hijacks Zavala's ghost to replay old audio recordings from the Collapse.

    A close-up of Zavala's ghost shows it is glowing the same red-orange color as Rasputin's holograph, confirming that Rasputin has co-opted the ghost as a bluetooth speaker and is playing audio files from Rasputin's archives.

    While Rasputin "borrowing" our ghosts to play audio recordings may seem benign, the fact that another entity with an unknown agenda can hijack our ghost for any reason should be concerning. If we ever had to subdue Rasputin, or even take him offline, there would nothing preventing him from hijacking our ghosts to prevent resurrection - thereby making our next death our "final death."

    submitted by /u/CrotasScrota
    [link] [comments]

    I stopped using Recluse for the new Seraph submachine gun.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    I love submachine guns and I love creating orbs. That's what you have to do instead sunseting weapons Bungie. Make them fun to use, not necessarily have to be more powerful than the pinnacle weapons we already have.

    submitted by /u/yuochiga93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment