• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-11-23]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-11-23]


    Daily Questions [2020-11-23]

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    You guys flipped opinions really quick damn

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:15 PM PST

    The first week this entire sub was filled with "oh i dont like this expansion" "shadowkeep was better" "theres so little content"

    And now that your impatient ass finally gets content its all like "oh this is amazing bungie" "i love this expansion" "this is so cool"

    submitted by /u/jemoeder1402
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, 7 energy for the unstoppable shotgun mod is just too damn much. I know it's powerful to have a champion mod on a special weapon, but 5 would be more reasonable.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Or, hell, maybe 3. All the other champ mods are 1, and 2 for the grenade one.

    submitted by /u/daftvalkyrie
    [link] [comments]

    Hot Take. When you dispel the invader, it should heal their Primeval.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Title.

    submitted by /u/Revan13
    [link] [comments]

    Beyond Light Finally has it’s Shadowkeep Moment.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Edit: I know about the title grammar error.

    You know, when we turn the corner and see the Pyramid for the first time?

    And it wasn't the raid.

    While the raid is epic, for me, spoiler the first Lament step to go find a large exo (keeping it vague) was it. Walking out of the confines hallway onto a catwalk overlooking a MASSIVE space and realizing it's a factory that's been running for 1000s of years (complete with glitching parts) being kept clean by little robots was amazing. The huge chasm that looks instakill...until you realize you need to get down there when you see the tiny Servitor in the distance. THAT was my 'WHOAH!' moment.

    submitted by /u/ghawkguy
    [link] [comments]

    Every Safe Space Should Have, Heavy/Special/Primary Ammo Crates.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:16 PM PST

    For example; Having ammo crates next to Variks on Europa to resupply before you head out or next to other NPCs in different areas. It'll be like returning to base to restock.

    submitted by /u/Experiment_Magnus
    [link] [comments]

    Please use Europan/Braytech environment assets for Gambit and Crucible.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:02 PM PST

    I fully understand game development is Hard, I have game dev friends, and I promise I'm not asking for these sooner than a couple of seasons from now, at absolute soonest.

    With that in mind, I would loooooove new PvP maps using the new visual aesthetics of Europa's icy dunes and glacier hills and the pristine Braytech facilities buried within. The new simulations would also make for a pretty snazzy vibe.

    I don't even necessarily want new props or textures or any such thing, I just can't get enough of the art direction this expansion. I'm a big Gambit player with all of the Ritual/Pinnacle weapons for that activity, and the Dredgen title. I love Gambit and just want more to do there.

    Either way, I play an exo guardian and am glad we finally get Our Forsaken.

    Thanks for everything, gang, I know this was a rough launch but I'm having lots of fun. See you starside. ✌️

    submitted by /u/positronicwoman
    [link] [comments]

    Warlock Stasis melee range nerf feels a bit too harsh.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:51 PM PST

    In my opinion, all the nerfs to the subclass were warranted and well implemented, save for this one. It seems pretty clearly designed to benefit effective tracking and preplanning, particularly in PvP. It think bumping up the range by 2m is fair, considering an opponent can cover 10m pretty quickly. Since Warlock base melee range is ~6m, that leaves you with a very short window to use the attack consistently to it's full effect.

    submitted by /u/TuthePayste
    [link] [comments]

    Perfection: Clovis Voice Acting

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:57 AM PST

    Clovis Bray's voice is irritating, smug, douchey and makes the giant Exo face instantly the most punchable one in all of Destiny.

    That's some great voice talent.

    submitted by /u/Leica--Boss
    [link] [comments]

    ATRAKS-1

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:21 AM PST

    Let this be me signing a contract with the destiny community, I am becoming a atraks-1 Sherpa exclusively. I played him for 14 hours straight last night, never finished him (die to my team. But im not mad) it is my best encounter in any raid and literally know front and back of every position. And I truly want no one to suffer how much I have suffered! (Dm for help) Thank you for listening to my ted talk

    submitted by /u/Superduperjoe69
    [link] [comments]

    The new location for the lament quest is absolutely amazing.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:31 AM PST

    When i did the quest, i could not believe how big the area was that we could not even access yet. Europa is HUGE. There is still more to find.

    submitted by /u/MrPogChamp1
    [link] [comments]

    Beyond Light is one of my favorite expansion so far.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:47 AM PST

    I like the « reboot » feelings with new light quests on cosmodrome, the graphics and lights changes, the new stasis element, Europa and all its secrets, empire hunts, lost sectors, exo challenges, heroic patrols, the little « augment » events, the FREAKING AWESOME RAID. Seriously, I'm enjoying this expansion so much. And with the reactivity they had about loot, and the re-introduction of season 10 and 11 weapons in the loot pool, I think we might have a Destiny in a really great spot.

    Bungie, thanks and good job, it feels great to play Destiny right now.

    Edit : wow thanks for the rewards ! Wasn't waiting for that !

    submitted by /u/THO-MAS-TO
    [link] [comments]

    Spoils of Conquest are farmable in Deep Stone Crypt!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    After your first run of Deep Stone Crypt on a character for the week, you can run it again to get 5 Spoils of Conquest per encounter (that gives loot). I've run DSC three times on my Warlock and gotten Spoils on both of the last two runs, so it seems like there isn't a weekly lockout on Spoils. Secret chests give 10, but only on the first run of the week.

    submitted by /u/Mouse_exe
    [link] [comments]

    The real reason Cayde-6 was killed

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:35 PM PST

    "It's on Enceladus"

    This is the last message Cayde-6 left us with in the Ace in the Hole mission, the final mission in the Ace of Spades questline. Many thought that Cayde was referring to the Deep Stone Crypt, and his traumatic experiences being converting into an exo. We now know that the Deep Stone Crypt is on Europa, so that knocks out that theory.

    This might be the real reason Cayde was killed.

    First we have to go back to the story of Forsaken. Cayde was killed by Uldren, a man known for disliking those who belong to the Traveler, but not enough to slay them. He was being controlled by Riven and that's why he put a bullet between Cayde's eyes. However, why does Riven want him dead? What does Cayde know that would jeopardize Riven's plan? Or maybe it wasn't Riven. It was Savathun's doing.

    If we go back to the Taken King DLC, we remember that Cayde had the stealth drive that allowed us to board the Dreadnought and confront Oryx. He told us to do that without telling the other Vanguard members. He's, quite literally, a wild card and Savathun needed him dead because of information he knew. He knew that Savathun wanted to take Enceladus as her own. But why Enceladus? You might ask. Well Enceladus is a moon of Saturn, the same planet Oryx landed his mothership 5 years ago.

    Cayde knew that Savathun was going to take over Enceladus when she arrived in the system, or maybe she's been there for a while now and is just waiting for the perfect distraction (the Darkness ships) in order to strike. Cayde needed to get the message out there, without Savathun knowing. I'm going to go one step ahead and say that Cayde knew she was out for him, so he recorded the messages for his death so that someone would listen to them. He even put the messages on Titan, the biggest moon of Saturn.

    Luke Smith said that Destiny 2: The Witch Queen, coming out next year, was going to have an all new destination. I believe that expansion will take us to Enceladus and will have even bigger tie ins to the Forsaken story than we even anticipated.

    submitted by /u/-Shpawn-
    [link] [comments]

    Shout out to Bungie for DSC Boss not stomping

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Loved actually being able to DPS with shotguns. I hated how Sanctified Mind was so far away and all the other bosses just stomp us outta existance every two seconds.

    EDIT: During DPS mainly phase to be clear.

    submitted by /u/Yalnix
    [link] [comments]

    Sex is cool and all, but have you ever been through 20 Empire Hunts trying to get Cloudstrike.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:49 PM PST

    I lack a will to live. Edit: I got it like 2 hours later when I hopped back on.

    submitted by /u/CalamusTheThird
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the final boss of the DSC raid?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:18 PM PST

    Scanner Vandals should be called Scandals.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Title.

    Just another scandal for 2020.

    submitted by /u/TheSethsation
    [link] [comments]

    To all the guardians as the clock ticks down.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:58 AM PST

    You all did good. No matter how far you made it or how many attempts you made, we all kicked some ass. I write this 2 minutes before reset, shut shy of beating the final boss of DSC. It sucks, but we had a blast.

    submitted by /u/TheGamefreek
    [link] [comments]

    No Time To Explain takes up way too much of the screen

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:12 PM PST

    At least on console. I don't know if it's any different on PC with FOV adjusted.

    It's a great gun, but the stock takes up half the screen when it's down or you're running. Really puts me off using it.

    Bungie pls fix

    submitted by /u/haloryder
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, the soundtrack in the jumping puzzle after Atraks is probably the most beautiful raid soundtrack I’ve ever heard in the game without exaggeration.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:30 PM PST

    I never thought Eden in garden could be topped but I was wrong. The dreamy music fits SO well with the environment and the clovis commentary it's the cherry on top to the music. This is honestly an experience every player needs to see at least once. It's that good. Imo the soundtrack here was an 11/10 and Bungie needs to do more dreamy tracks like this. Keep it up.

    submitted by /u/spectre15
    [link] [comments]

    A notice to all Guardians

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:17 PM PST

    Hadn't seen this pop up yet on the DTG or D2 subreddits, so I might as well make it clear. Sorry if it DID pop up, and this turns out to be a repost.

    Under no circumstances are we to let Banshee-44 enter the same area as the Clovis Bray AI. I repeat, do NOT let Banshee leave the tower.

    On a whim, I decided to return to the AI after completing the Lament quest. The implications are... severe.

    Spoilers for these implications are shown below. Read at your own risk. If you don't want to be spoiled, head to Creation IMMEDIATELY.

    The Clovis AI intends to take over Banshee's body, wiping his memories clean and effectively killing him. Something along those lines. I shall repeat this for a third time; Keep Banshee away from the Clovis AI at ALL COSTS.

    submitted by /u/Questoris
    [link] [comments]

    Contest mode needs to be an option

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:30 AM PST

    After beating the raid twice on day one I can confidently say that raids are at their best when at contest mode. It makes it so much more difficult and fun to have enemies be a threat, and have to worry about DPS. I know it is not doable for most teams, but having it as on option on old raids would be amazing!

    submitted by /u/Phoenix41902
    [link] [comments]

    To all my fellow day-one gamers who got destroyed by Atraks-1:

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Status: Calamitous.

    submitted by /u/Exvi24
    [link] [comments]

    I just want to say, that the jumping puzzle, accompanied with the "Deep Stone Lullaby" track, is one of the most magical experiences I've ever had in a game, and certainly my number one in Destiny history.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:39 AM PST

    Absolutely fucking beautiful, Bungie. It was a privilege to be able to experience that.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/DemonCipher13
    [link] [comments]

    Penumbral Blast is impossible to trigger when you actually need it, and can't hit anything when you finally do

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:14 AM PST

    I'm well aware that I'm not the first to point this out, and I'm aware that there have been nerfs.

    That doesn't change the fact that Penumbral Blast (PB) is the most awkward skill Bungie have given us, yet it also manages to be the only skill the Warlock has to reliably trigger stasis. Granted, I have not unlocked any of the aspects yet, so perhaps it gets a bit easier, but the grenades are so clunky that I actively avoid using them.

    I just ran the Hollow Lair strike (the Tangled Shore one where you have to kill the fanatic) to progress the Born in Darkness quest, and during the boss fight, I kept trying to use PB on the waves of enemies that the boss spawns. Those waves would have been perfect to rack up stasis kills, and I have the Monte Carlo rifle, so I could recharge PB quickly. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to trigger, because it kept defaulting to regular melee attacks. Enemies were spawning behind me, so even if I cleared the one in front of me, my melee would simply target the one behind and not trigger PB.

    Frankly, I'm not impressed with Stasis as a mechanic, and at this point I only use it because it's necessary to progress certain quests. The minute I finish those quests, I'll switch back to Light classes and never look back.

    EDIT: So this is blowing up a bit more than I expected.

    People are focusing on the wrong aspect of my post: I don't care much about whether the enemies in that particular strike actually count toward the quest progress. Rather, I was pointing out that PB is a melee ability that can't actually be used in melee, and whose effective range is too short to generally be effective at range. I spend more time trying to find that sweet spot where I can actually cast it and be able to hit enemies than I would like to.

    As far as balance goes, I really don't care. By Destiny standards, I'm a fairly casual player, so I don't care if Warlocks are better at stasis than everyone else. That's not the point. I'm simply expressing my displeasure with this skill in the hopes that Bungie might actually do something about it. I'm usually in favour of buffing everyone else to the level of the best class, rather than nerfing something good to make it as mediocre as everyone else.

    submitted by /u/Varthorne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment