• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 3, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-05-04]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-05-04]


    Daily Questions [2020-05-04]

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    It’s odd how Sleeper Simulant received an aim assist nerf because of its effectiveness in early Forsaken-era Gambit, just for Truth to be introduced a few months later.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Sleeper has consistently just been shit on and it's a shame. It is virtually nonexistent in any and all activities and for what? It barely out performs legendary linear fusions in the same slot. It's just odd to me, like, they quite literally had to have known they were bringing back Truth for Opulence so why in the world did Sleeper get a fat aim assist nerf and have its signature perk get absolutely neutered.

    Also, pleaseee put the catalyst in the general loot pool. No one really does Spire anymore :(

    Edit: Many have brought up Xenophage, which I will concede is just as, if not more busted than Truth. In my personal experience as a console pleb I honestly don't see it much? It has a lot of recoil and for those extended ranges that most invaders choose to take their fights from it seems that on console they just opt to use Truth since it's literally point and click. Maybe I'm just lucky, feel free to chime in.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Kitteh
    [link] [comments]

    The seasonal perk Passive Guard makes swords viable in endgame content. Please make it a permanent mod in future seasons

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    I remember reading that Bungie said the artifact was to experiment around with different mods in a limited timespan without breaking the ecosystem of the game. I agree with that notion but I also think that with swords having been on the back burner for so long and Passive Guard now making a sword build viable for higher level content that Bungie should consider bringing this mod into the permanent sandbox after this season.

    Bungie pls it's so much fun to use swords

    submitted by /u/DisappearingAnus
    [link] [comments]

    Now that Swords are great and fun, can we seriously get more Lightweight/Aggressive archetypes instead of mostly Adaptive Frames?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    There's only 2 Lightweights which is Quickfang and Gold Tusk. 2 Aggressive which is Crown Splitter and Throne Cleaver.

    Whereas there are 19 adaptive frames excluding the blue/green/white. I'm pretty sure we are tired of using adaptive frames and we want more options.

    submitted by /u/xShots
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please get rid of the stupid glimmer cost to respec our artifact?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    It's absolutely fucking pointless and just serves to annoy me whenever I want to switch up my build.

    I don't feel like paying 100k glimmer to change up my mods

    submitted by /u/cutfiberlines
    [link] [comments]

    ���� Antaeus Wards are about to be gone ����

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    High tier PvE activities shouldn't force me to use double primaries to counter Champions

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Exotics and Special weapons need Champion mods. It heavily restricts your choice of weapons and builds.

    Sure, I can use Surge Detonators in an Arc based class. But, now my team asks me why am I not using a Well or Tether. Now, I need Overload Rounds or switch back to my Arc based class (which is terrible in high tier PvE sometimes!). Or convince my team to use Champion mods (you'll be surprised how many times people join a LFG for high tier content and don't equip mods). I have asked team mates if they want to change gear (they have no mods). Their reply? "Nah I'll be alright I think". Guess how well they went? They couldn't help us counter Champions. Back to orbit we go!

    Also, I am not using Overload rounds on an Auto Rifle or SMG when it cannot keep up with the Champion's unlimited teleporting. Overload Rounds probably shouldn't charge up while firing. It is so inconsistent.

    What about swords????? They have Overload and Passive Guard. I want to use my Grenade Launcher??????????

    I have my favourite guns, but I can't use them unless I want to be a burden for my team. I feel bad for people who missed out on Eriana's Vow.

    In the end, I love Destiny. But, it can be a frustrating experience.

    submitted by /u/theSaltySolo
    [link] [comments]

    [Towerthought] Given how anteus work and the almighty is a projectile, we can slide against it and just toss it back into the orbit...

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    ... given they arent getting disabled anytime soon

    submitted by /u/Caboose_007
    [link] [comments]

    As the next TWAB will give more information about Eververse, please also include some information about plans regarding bright dust to silver ratios

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    The bright dust to silver ratios have been absolutely inconsistent and I would like bungie to address this issue in the next twab.

    So for everyone not knowing, here are some Costs of different eververse items compared.

    Bright Dust Silver BD to silver Ratio
    Rare Emote 400 200 2.0
    Legendary Emote 700 500 1.4
    Legendary Multiplayer Emote 1250 800 1.5625
    Exotic Emote 3250 1000 3.25
    Exotice multiplayer emote 4250 1200 3.542
    Universal Ornament 1200 300 4.0
    Exotic Ship 2000 800 2.5
    Exotic Sparrow 2500 800 3.125
    Exotic Ghost Shell 2850 600 4.75
    Transmat Effect 450 200 2.25
    Ghost projection 1500 200 7.5

    So just from this (probably not complete) list, the Bright Dust to Silver Ratio goes from 1.4 up to 4.75 (leaving out that ridiculous ghost projection price). Therefore I'd like you to talk about the reason for this huge difference as well as possible plans (or the absence of them) in your next Eververse focused TWAB.

    submitted by /u/Knuddelfaktor
    [link] [comments]

    Monte Carlo should change your melee animation to utilise the weapon's underslung knife.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I think it would be pretty nice to have Monte Carlo change your melee to you stabbing and enemy with the knife on the weapon, maybe while having the weapon equipped. No advantages though, same old melee, just with a different animation.

    submitted by /u/Parsleynuke
    [link] [comments]

    Rasputin won’t be able to launch his new weapons at the Almighty

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Because no one can successfully complete a single weapon launch. Don't even mention about the flawless triumph.

    Great work Bungooo.

    Let it all burn and turn into ashes.

    EDIT: I already have the title. I just want to help other people, but it's difficult. And yeah I know 6 people can get it done that's how I did it as well, but you rarely load into areas with 3 people.

    submitted by /u/Raze_Lighter
    [link] [comments]

    How about a firefight-esc horde mode as a core activity instead of a new one each season?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    It could work partially like gambit, where the enemy race is selected randomly. Instead of creating new modes each season, a new map for it could be introduced, opening development time for better quest or loot, or maybe even a 2-3 mission campaign each season! I think that it would help to keep focus on core activities, and you could introduce a chalice of opulence like system, allowing you to choose loot from old or new seasonal content.

    submitted by /u/CookieNook
    [link] [comments]

    It would be nice to have a exotic armour quest

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Break the norm a bit. Maybe twiglight garrison lol.

    submitted by /u/onlyyoshi97
    [link] [comments]

    My Destiny relationships are falling apart.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Disclaimer: this is not a post looking for friends, a fireteam, or a clan. That breaks the rules. If you would like to be friends or whatever for whatever reason, feel free to DM me but please keep it off the thread. This is also kinda long.

    I've been playing Destiny for a really long time. Everyone says that, but the only other game franchise I've put more time into is Final Fantasy and that's a 30+ year epic. I've been there for the "had to be there moments" for both games - kicking the Templar off the map, laser tag, seeing how many sword slams you can get into Crota, SRL, seeing the lighthouse for the first time, finally figuring out the Touch of Malice, Iron Banner being a premier PvP event, the list goes on. What's been more memorable than these moments were the people I did this stuff with.

    I prefer being alone a lot. I'm a social guy, people like me, but I just don't initiate or go out of my way to spend time with people. That really changed for me in 2014 when a few of the contractors at work were all talking Destiny, I had heard about it but mostly critical things. 2 of them were on Xbox, 2 were on PlayStation. They made it sound like so much fun I got an xbox first, one of the PlayStation guys swapped to Xbox, we started playing non stop together. We were fucking obsessed. Eventually raid rage ensued and we lost a couple, so I bought a PlayStation and started playing with the guy who had switched to Xbox. Met even more people traveling along with him. We both played 3 Xbox and 3 PlayStation characters chasing the original Gjallarhorn (that neither of us ever got until the Iron Gjallarhorn) putting over 1800 hours into the original game. We all got married, had kids, bought houses, or a combination of the three over those 3 years.

    Then Destiny 2 happened. Our solid group of 8 took a major hit. The combined 200 people my buddy had added on PSN and Live suddenly weren't around anymore and he quit over it. I moved onto PC with the remaining 3 and my brother in law started playing which made it okay - but Destiny 2 just wasn't what Destiny was (still isn't but this isn't about that) and we never picked that momentum back up. It's known year 1 was rough, I personally didn't play for all of Warmind. I thought it was the end of me and Destiny but then year 2 came out. A few of the people from my D1 days came back and brought friends. Our clan that had died suddenly was booming. Log in an hour after reset and get all your clan engrams booming. Multiple raids every week, Sherpa runs for little groups of strangers, getting everyone caught up in what they missed for however long.

    Then good ol' season of the Drifter rolled in. Man shit hit the fan. One of the people who had become one of my closest IRL friends, who I also worked with, completely lost his shit after a Leviathan run, frustrated that The Reckoning was not really doable at the time with little to no reward, spiraled him down some path, and I haven't talked to him since. 3 guys I had known for ~10 years started playing again, we slammed out season of Opulence. It was fun, broken Menagerie loot made it worth it even though it was still a grind for rolls. Everyone loved that shit. Shadowkeep was on the horizon.

    Shadowkeep arrived and things were looking up - and then there was no long term content. Every exotic quest or grind was completed within a day (except timegated stuff), everything was had from before, and there really wasn't anything new. New Light was clearly the focus to get people back, but no matter how tantalizing running Destiny's first mission was, nobody wanted to come back and do the other 98% of the game when they already had prior to their new light boost. I guess they felt it invalidated everything they did to that point. That sucked. Destiny was my main way of talking to these people. Now everyone was leaving and "over the Destiny roller coaster" leaving just my brother in law and I.

    We disbanded our clan of 4 years.

    Now, due to errors on PC that predate COVID, I can't play with the brother in law that lives 1.5 miles away from me or my nephew. We just had built him a new PC so he could play Destiny with us. The issue will be fixed eventually I'm sure, I don't doubt that, it's just hard to have another blow to my relationships, communication, and hobby that are all contained inside or attached to Destiny.

    Before people are like "dude you fucking loser try not to put all your eggs in one basket especially when the basket is a volatile video game" you have to understand Destiny isn't just another game like Call of Duty or even The Division - it's a community game. This sub is evidence to that being one of the most active and long standing communities on Reddit. We all love talking about this game, playing this game together, criticizing it, and living in this "little" fantasy world Bungie has created. The nostalgia for Destiny 1 alone fuels a major part of the conversation. Regardless, real relationships, friendships and otherwise, are made in Destiny. I know almost everyone that would read this has made an "online friend" playing a game that meant a lot to them - a lot of us made a lot of "online friends" playing Destiny.

    Over the years it feels like the focus of building that community, the hype, the cheeses, Deej trying to be serious in a sea of goons, and all of the silly little nuances that make Destiny a true social experience has slipped away. Community always felt first during Destiny, I never doubted that in my mind or gut. But what was once a game with expansive consistent lore and replayable content that could fill an ocean feels as shallow as a shower, which is disassembling the community from the inside. Breaking down these clans and relationships is leaving holes and gaps.

    I don't have some magic fix or an idea where things "went wrong." This is more my rant and experience with Destiny because I love the game and I love the experience it has given me. Sometimes you just don't want a good thing to end. Thanks for reading.

    TL;DR - Bungie slowly has lost focus on the micro communities within their social network that is Destiny and it's taking the soul out of the game.

    Edit: Thank you for Silver, anonymous benefactor. Edit2: Thank you for the hugs. Edit 3: Platinum. Seriously thank you for reading, glad I could make an impact on your day.

    submitted by /u/JoeyPepperknees
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, I cant stand lookimg at My build and knowing that my exotic armor is holding me back...

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    WHY EXOTIC ARMOR CANT SLOT SEASONAL MODS?

    It literally makes me bash my head Against the wall, bc if I want to optimize My seasonal build I CAnT USE EXOTICS... But as a stormcaller I need My Crown of tempest!!!

    This needs to be adressed ASAP, If it has already been adressed I would very kindly ask for a link to the statement

    submitted by /u/Itsyaboifam
    [link] [comments]

    Solo Shattered Throne void hunter update: May 2020

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    I finally soloed the Shattered Throne on PS4! I couldn't find any guides for the current meta (May 2020) that catered to the average/slightly above average player as many of them still reference Whisper of the Worm white nail 999,999 damage, one-two punch shotgun/liar's handshake, middle-tree void titan, well of radiance warlock, etc. I tried a lot of these combinations but with no luck. Remember you can access the dungeon from the Dreaming City via the Director.

    However, many of these other guides are good to help you get a general sense of what is going on. I did not use any Taken or Dreaming City mods. This is merely my experience and how I did it - nothing more. It took me six months of studying loadouts, exploring the architecture and experimenting with weapons and armor to hone my tactics, and ~800 deaths total but I have zero regrets. I am proud to say that this is my finest video game moment.

    Armor loadout:

    I am a top-tree nightstalker hunter main and relied heavily on invis-dodge. My armor loadout remained consistent throughout all parts of the dungeon.

    • Head: 998 Masterworked Wormhusk Crown - Burning Souls, Mobility Mod, Heavy Ammo Finder [Total: 72]
    • Arms: 1000 Masterworked Dreambane Grips - Mobility Mod, Light Arms Loader, Enhanced Small Arms Loader [Total: 76]
    • Chest: 1002 Masterworked DreambaneVest - Mobility Mod, Large Arms Reserves, Shotgun Reserves [Total: 72]
    • Legs: 1002 Masterworked Dreambane Strides - Mobility Mod, Submachine Gun Dexterity, Heavy Ammo Finder [Total: 78]
    • Item: 999 Masterworked Dreambane Cloak - Mobility Mod, Perpetuation, Distribution, Empowered Finish [Total: 22]

    I'm not sure if the Heavy Ammo Finder actually did anything, as heavy bricks seemed to drop consistently everywhere except the Dul Incaru encounter, but with 5-10 psion farming/wiping I was able to refill my ammo.

    Stats:

    Mobility: 86

    Resilience: 43

    Recovery: 54

    Discipline: 34

    Intellect: 63

    Strength: 40

    NOTE: These stats caused my invisible dodge and Wormhusk Crown health + shield bump to recharge every 13 seconds! This was just enough time to engage some enemies, do some damage, then run back to cover. This was crucial to my success.

    Part 1 – The Labyrinth

    • Primary: Talons of the Eagle – slowly pick off adds and handle snipers
    • Energy: Telesto – combined with smoke bombs and grenades, Telesto currently melts six Labyrinth Architects and the few random knights that jump out
    • Heavy: Steel Sybil – juke Ultras to get in close, get a few sword blows in, then invis-dodge to cover and repeat

    Explore! Explore before you try to complete this area and know that you are going to wipe many times. This is a great place to familiarize yourself with the architecture, symbol locations, enemies, safe spots, loadouts, and strategies. You have to defeat 6 Labyrinth Architects (various flavors of Ultras) to advance. The first 5 spawn at seemingly random symbols but the last always spawns at the entrance to The Ingress and will open the door to the next part. Study the many maps and walk throughs that are available online to learn the symbol locations and how to stay oriented when you are on the ground and on the rooftops. The Labyrinth seems immune to changes in the meta so I encourage you to play it how you play – think of this as a virtual laboratory for the rest of the dungeon. I fell off the map countless times thinking I was doing good.

    Part 2 - The Descent

    Part 2.1 – jump down into the pit:

    • Primary: Talons of the Eagle – slowly pick off adds and handle taken snipers
    • Energy: Telesto – handle Minotaurs and Ultras
    • Heavy: Steel Sybil – just like The Labyrinth, juke the Ultras to get in close, get a few sword blows in, then invis-dodge to cover and repeat

    Jump down, blast everything, and then hide around the corner and get ready to take out as many snipers as possible. Advance up the path to the broken stairwell but be aware – there is a Taken Phalanx hiding around the right corner that you can one-shot with Telesto, this will make a nice hiding spot.

    Again, be patient picking off the snipers using Talons of the Eagle. This is a slow process, because once you get a few shots in they will spawn a bubble and hide for a few seconds. Instead of running up the gut, jump up the gray curved wall where the phalanx was hiding and use your primary, grenades, and smoke bomb to handle adds on the main platform. Don't worry about the Ultra yet because it might be tough to break his shield in such a short amount of time, otherwise get a few licks in if you can. Retreat back down to your hiding spot and "gather yourself" (defined as waiting 13 seconds for health and invis-dodge to recover). Repeat until the area is clear and the door to the long room opens.

    Part 2.2 – long room:

    • Primary: Talons of the Eagle or Jade Rabbit – slowly shoot everything, one-by-one
    • Energy: Telesto or The Long Goodbye – same as primary
    • Heavy: Hammerhead – same as primary

    Stay outside the main door where you killed the Ultra and start picking off everything one-by-one on the various floors of this room. Then, pick a side to clear and slowly advance, careful to stay out of enemy range. Once the room is clear, run up the left staircase and run around the corner to face the ogres. I tried several times to simply sprint through this room and almost did it a few times, so that could be an option as well.

    Part 2.3 – careful ogre room

    • Primary: Talons of the Eagle or Jade Rabbit – slowly shoot all ogres, one-by-one
    • Energy: Telesto or The Long Goodbye – same purpose as primary
    • Heavy: Hammerhead – same purpose as primary

    Watch your step here! You have highly limited areas you can step along the roof beams, so be wary of getting too close to the ogres as they will easily wipe you. Slowly advance until each ogre spawns, run back to stay out of their blast range, and pick them off one by one. Make your way to the far-left corner of your room and jump onto the rocks to go through the door and jump into the bubbly fog entrance to proceed to the next area.

    Part 2.4 – slowed room:

    I didn't use any weapons here. Run and jump! You might die a few times learning the process, but really just keep an eye on where the shadow thrall spawn and never look back. With max mobility you should be fine. Keep mashing sprint/jump, toss a few grenades, use invis-dodge to bump your health back up until you jump into the bubbly fog exit to drop down to proceed to the next area.

    Part 2.5 – cross the chasm

    I didn't use any weapons here either. Upon entering, cross the broken bridge and jump up on the ledges along the wall of the building. Advance higher along the wall of the building and time your jumps to watch out for the boopers until you reach the other end. Jump over this other broken bridge, use your super to tether the many taken guarding the door, toss a grenade, and invis-dodge through the door. Congrats, you made it to Eleusinia! The next part is indeed the true test of the Shattered Throne.

    Part 3 - Eleusinia (Vorgeth, the Boundless Hunger):

    • Primary: Austringer – for picking off adds and Vorgeth's axiom bolts
    • Energy: Telesto – can two-shot wizards to low health even when they have full shields
    • Heavy: Interference VI – for DPSing Vorgeth; autoloading holster helps here

    Wizard Phase:

    Check out ApproximatelyC's post to first understand the room layout, enemy spawns, and safe spots. Remember, the fourth wizard is not shown in the diagram but is farther back beyond the giant circle that says "OGRE". Also note that the wizard movement paths have changed to cover more area and are generally more aggressive.

    If you are out of ammo, just plan on running around and experimenting with the architecture, safe spots, and farm the adds and wizards to refill your ammo and your super, wipe, and repeat.

    Jump in and wait a few seconds for Vorgeth to appear. Don't do anything and he will walk away. A few seconds after this, the first Wizard (bottom wizard in the diagram) and immediately two-shot it with Telesto down to low health, but don't kill it yet. Quickly rush just to the right of safe spot #1. The back-right corner of this box is slightly angled and provides greater safety as long as you are conscious of where you are being shot from. I was not able to figure out how to use safe spot #2 at all.

    Keep picking off adds as you see them - this will be a long and constant process. Once you gather yourself, rush to the right-side wizard and spam the adds with Austringer and two-shot the wizard to drop its health - you might be able to do this in one phase, but remember patience is key here. I had to do this 5-6 times per wizard to clear each group of adds and drop each wizard down to a sliver of health. Keep rushing back to safe spot #1 and repeat, since Vorgeth will be blasting you with his knockback blast the entire time, using your invis-dodge to get back to safety. Once you gather yourself, look for a mirrored safe spot #1 on the left side of the room. However, I felt like this spot wasn't quite as safe as on the right side of the room so I handled the next part quickly, but calmly.

    Take out the adds for the left wizard and then kill the wizard with three Telesto shots, or a combination of Telesto, grenade, and primary. Gather yourself and grab the first "Petitioner's Mark" buff. This buff has a :45 second timer, but will reset when you grab the next buff. So, think that you have 45 whole seconds to clear the next wizard and group of adds, gather yourself, and grab the next buff. You should have a full super still, so hug that left wall up towards the top wizard (not shown in the diagram) and use it to tether all enemies there. Focus on killing the wizard first, then invis-dodge to hide behind the two little white walls next to the stairs while you clear the adds. Then, grab the buff and rush towards the third wizard (the right wizard in the diagram) who still has just a sliver of health from before. Take him out with Telesto or grenade, gather yourself, then grab the third buff and repeat for the last wizard (bottom wizard in the diagram). He also still has a sliver of health so take him out, gather yourself, and invis-dodge to grab the fourth and final buff.

    DPS Phase:

    Again, take your time. Once you collect all four "Petitioner's Mark" buffs, it turns into "Petitioner's Burden" and will allow you to go for the dunk.

    Make sure your health and invis-dodge have recharged. Then, go invisible and rush for one of the wells to dunk your buff. Enemies will have spawned by now, but don't worry about them – they will disappear once you dunk the buff. Pull out your heavy and get a few shots on Vorgeth then switch to your primary to take out 4/5 or 3/4 Axiom Bolts (he shot different numbers at me!). Let the last one hit you and spam Vorgeth with your heavy and Telesto, switching back to your primary each time he shoots the Axiom Bolts. Auto-loading holster helped me on my heavy here helped save reload time.

    Now get ready to rush back to safe spot #1! You might have wandered all over the place just to collect the buffs and dunk and DPS Vorgeth, so you might be way out of bounds. As soon as you see Vorgeth's white shield appear you should have a full invis-dodge so sprint and jump like crazy and use your invis-dodge to get back to safe spot #1. Repeat the wizard and DPS phases. I almost was able to three-phase Vorgeth a bunch of times, but ultimately needed four due to purposefully conservative play.

    https://i.imgur.com/7JTdvJ2.png?1

    REMEMBER: patience is key. It took me 100 deaths to figure out how to maneuver the safe spot, 100 more deaths to handle the adds and wizards adn to dunk the buff, and 100 more to defeat Vorgeth. Slow, calm, and collected is key.

    Part 4 – The Climb

    • Primary: Talons of the Eagle or Jade Rabbit – slowly shoot everything, one-by-one
    • Energy: Telesto or The Long Goodbye – same as primary
    • Heavy: Hammerhead – same as primary

    This part feels like a dream. Talk to the statue of Sjur Eido and give her your Awoken Talisman to start the Wish-Ender quest. You have done the impossible and defeated Vorgeth!

    Jump down and take out the wizards and jump up the portal. Clear the various rooms (think of the "careful ogre room" from Part 2 but with easier platforming and enemies). I felt overwhelmed sometimes and would just rush the door to the next area when I could. Follow the path here from one door to the next. At this point I was trash-talking my TV screen, filled with the boundless confidence from the Vorgeth battle.

    Part 5 – Dul Icaru (the Eternal Return)

    • Primary: Parcel of Stardust - stick it in the knights faces from time to time
    • Energy: Riskrunner - with some strategy, you can time when you get hit to trigger Arc Conductor and have it procced non-stop
    • Heavy: The Day's Fury - switched to spike grenades to increase damage against knights

    Upon entering, go make yourself a snack and let your super charge. If you need ammo, grab the knights' attention to spawn the psions in the left and right side room alcoves and farm them for ammo drops.

    Knight Phase 1:

    After wiping as many times as needed to refill ammo, class abilities, and super toss a grenade at the left knight and shoot two grenades into him. Then, shoot four grenades into the right knight. Empty a full magazine from Parcel of Stardust into the center knight while slowly backing up. Then, pull out Riskrunner and spam all three; you should have taken a few Arc shots by now to proc Arc Conductor and by the time you are trapped between the edge and the knight axe-slams, jump over them or invis-dodge through them to one of the side alcoves. I even would sometimes jump off the map and double jump back up as a last-ditch way to gather myself.

    The knights should be at 2/3 or maybe even closer to 1/2 health. Move into the left or right side alcove and use the alcove wall and the pillars to block Dul Incaru's blasts and clear all the psions with Riskrunner spamming like mad and Arc Conductor should continue to hit the knights. The knights will disappear.

    Knight Phase 2:

    The knights will return for a second phase - I still didn't use my super here and repeated the process from Phase 1. Don't grab the buffs they drop immediately though, you have ~30 seconds before they disappear. Calmly clear the knights, who will rage out and rush you once they get to low health. Here, I would spam them with Riskrunner and use a cautious Parcel of Stardust when they got in close to invis-dodge anytime they readied to axe-slam mean. The pillars don't seem like much, but along with invis-dodge provide adequate cover to outmaneuver the raging knights until you can clear them.

    DPS Phase:

    Now, pick up the three "Finite Thought" buffs at once for max damage. You have :45 seconds total. Unlike Vorgeth's wizards, this timer does not reset each time you pick up another buff. Get to work laying into the wizard. Use a pillar to protect you from Dul Incaru as you peak out and spam Riskrunner and your other weapons, using cover and invis-dodge to regain your health. When you are down to 4 or 5 seconds left, make sure you run and jump over the center well to clear the buff, else you will wipe and have to start over. As Dul Incaru moves around, use the pillars at the back of the room, the pillars in the center of the room, the alcove walls, and also the well in the center of the room for cover.

    Knight Phase 3:

    Things get trickier here. Dul Incaru will spawn a giant crystal needed to 1) spawn the knights again and 2) clear the knights invincibility shields. Using pillars as cover, let Dul Incaru shoot you to proc Arc Conductor and you can take out the crystal before having to reload. The psions spawn again and you are back to the knight Phase 1 except you will have to deal with taking out the giant crystal in order to damage the knights once they go invincible this time around.

    With lots of practice I was able to two-phase Dul Incaru. Note the time of 0:00 on the Finite Thought buff in the screenshot below, Parcel of Stardust was a monster at close range!

    REMEMBER: patience is key. It took me 50 deaths to kill a knight. It took me another 100 to kill all three and damage Dul Incaru just a little. It took me another 100 to really figure out my strategy. I thought this would be a breeze since I was amped up on the confidence from defeating Vorgeth but I was wrong. This was a much tougher encounter than the Internet led me to believe. Figuring out your own safe spots (some people even recommend jumping around the outside of the area) and tactics is key.

    https://i.imgur.com/iNsmBDH.png?1

    Summary

    Be patient, take breaks, and try and get to one more checkpoint than the last time. However, remember that your checkpoint progress will reset weekly, so you have one week to slog through this before your checkpoint resets all the way back to the Labyrinth. More patience usually equates to better strategies, which means more success.

    If you gave your Awoken Talisman to the statue of Sjur Eido you can now visit Four-Horn Gulch on the Tangled Shore to do the Sjursrest quest, which is a lost sector-type area and more Taken Ultras to have fun with.

    The one thing that is certain - I will never remove my "The Eternal Return" emblem! Maybe solo Pit of Heresy is next ...

    https://i.imgur.com/M8y8Kds.png?1

    submitted by /u/elgringopapa
    [link] [comments]

    For the love of the traveler can we PLEASE get more omolon weapons? Specifically Snipers.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    PLEASE omolon weapons aren't the coolest and here's why.

    1. They SOUND the best, no matter what omolon weapon you use they all sound amazing.

    2. They LOOK the best, I love the design of the omolon weapons and the little orb holding the liquid ammo lowly draining as i empty the magazine is amazing.

    3. They FEEL the best to shoot, something about omolon weapons makes them feel amazing to shoot.

    4. It would add more VARIETY to our weapon pool, they could even have perks unique to omolon weapons.

    Please bungie, there are only 2 omolon snipers in the game and they're year one weapons with terrible perks, please bring some in from d1 or make new ones because they're amazing weapons.

    submitted by /u/rezmeihaveghorn
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, make The Scarlet Keep elevator ride an activity. Like into an endless horde mode with progressively harder enemies on each floor.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    The assets are there and you totally could, would be fun as hell.

    submitted by /u/trueGator89
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished a sherpa run of Garden. Here are my thoughts on how this area of the game can be improved.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    I just got finished with a sherpa run of Garden with the divinity quest. I brought 5 new/beginner players through the raid and they all got divinity. It was a fantastic time and we had a great group of people. I really enjoy bringing new players through raids - it is a good feeling knowing you are giving other players a great first raid experience.

    That being said, I think there are a shortage of players who are willing to do this sort of thing, and well, i don't blame them for not wanting to. The raid took 3 hours and 42 minutes, and I got no in-game rewards from it. Do I care? Not really, but it makes me think about how Bungie could improve this area of the game. I of course went into it knowing I would not get any rewards. I do it because when you get to the end and everyone is thanking you and saying they had such a great time, that is the best feeling ever.

    It is no secret that there is a large population of players who would like to learn raids, and a very small population of players who are willing to teach them. But here is the problem - for the vast majority of the playerbase, they play to get the loot (which is, of course, completely reasonable). Why spend 3-4 hours and have nothing to show for it, when you could run nightfalls for the same amount of time and be swimming in exotics, prisms, shards, and XP?

    For many players who could sherpa a raid, they won't because the time investment is not worth it to them. And that is perfectly fine. It doesn't make you a bad player or selfish or anything if you don't sherpa raids. But here's the thing - these players exist in the game, and if there is a good enough in-game reward, they will sherpa raids, and the raid population will vastly improve.

    So, how do we accomplish this? By reworking guided games.

    Here are the biggest problems with guided games at the moment:

    1. It requires FOUR players from the SAME CLAN to queue as guides. This is complete overkill. I can teach 5 players solo. So can plenty of people. Having a co-sherpa is even easier, 2 experienced players can teach 4 new players easily.
    2. The rewards are not up to par. Emblems are not quite enough of a reward, although it is a start.
    3. (For PC) there is no discord integration. The in-game voice chat is not good enough, and there is no guarantee other players will have discord (although, it is highly likely).

    Here are my suggestions:

    1. Allow players to solo-queue as a guide into a single-guide lobby if they have 30 or more full clears of the raid. Allow players to solo-queue or duo-queue as a guide into a duo-guide lobby if they have 15 or more full clears of the raid each. Allow seekers to queue in groups of any size up to 5. When players are found, all players must accept the group, then put everyone into orbit (this is how guided games works currently, keep this functionality) where the group can coordinate and the guide can decide launch the game or not. If the guide decides not to launch, there are no penalties and everyone goes back into queue.
    2. For rewards, this is a complex topic. What would make me queue into guided games frequently? Exclusive cosmetics, masterwork materials, and lots of extra raid drops I can pick from like sundial (still chasing that god-roll sacred provenance and high stat armor). But mostly cosmetics. If I could make my raid title/emblem gold or have a permanent halo effect like the old nightfall emblems, you bet I would be guiding games every damn night.
    3. Give the seekers an extra reward to entice them to use guided games. Extra raid drops, masterwork materials.
    4. Integrate Discord Rich Presence with the game. This is a system that already exists and allows games to integrate with discord.

    So what are your thoughts? What would you change about Guided Games, if anything? Or should the whole system just be scrapped? What rewards would you like to see for sherpas? What are your experiences running raids?

    And lastly, if you need someone to teach you the raid and you're on PC, let me know. I still do sherpa runs frequently even without rewards. Because as the saying goes, the real reward is the friends you meet along the way.

    submitted by /u/cobalt77
    [link] [comments]

    [D1] Destiny 1 dedicated discord + subreddit.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    So I see a few people asking about D1 LFG these days or general advice on the game, if you use discord and are 16+ then feel free to join us, it doesn't matter if you're a vet or new to D1, we're here to help. It's the largest dedicated D1 discord and has been for some time.

    https://discord.gg/gRgMgu6

    Alternatively there is also r/DestinyLegacy also if you don't use discord.

    Xbox has a built in LFG system and on PS there is a group called "Destiny's Destiny". Just note that anything outside of the discord and subreddit is nothing to do with us.

    Hope to see some new faces soon.

    submitted by /u/Paradox_VII
    [link] [comments]

    I taught a Titan how to Titan tonight... as a hunter.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    So on my hunter I like to run top tree arcstrider paired with jemini jesters for endless pve self-healing, enemy blinding, one shotting fun.

    Well I pretty much never shoot my gun in strikes because this is much more fun. Also, you get a lot of laurels from just punching stuff. I had a titan watch me for a few minutes before he started punching everything as well, not even shoulder charging! Was great.

    submitted by /u/trueGator89
    [link] [comments]

    Whosever in charge of Triumphs, I kneel down before you and implore you, give us a triumph worth 15 points

    Posted: 03 May 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Or 65 points, or 115, or anything that's Y= 50x +15. Seeing my triumph score stuck at an uneven number has been steadily unnerving me this past season...

    I, umm... I'll buy you a pizza!

    submitted by /u/KaiserLonewolf3
    [link] [comments]

    Ada-1 House of Meyrin Fanart

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/MUObQ04

    I'm back with more Ada-1. Now representing House of Meyrin. OWO/
    Hope you guys like... :) Lemme know what you guys think!

    One more Norse piece with Jotunn to go! :)

    You guys can follow me here for art n stuff : https://twitter.com/Lespapillions
    If you'd like to support me, you can buy me a Ko-Fi : https://ko-fi.com/lespapillions

    submitted by /u/Lespapillions
    [link] [comments]

    I have an idea for an exotic sword because I’m bored:

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Oryx's Might:

    Aggressive Frame

    Exotic Perk (Army of a King): Blocking damage and killing enemies spawn friendly Taken Thrall. The more Thrall on the field, the more damage your sword deals.

    Weapon Trait (Salvation):Thralls disappear after some time, dropping Taken Essence, which heal you.

    I don't know I'm just bored

    submitted by /u/Adiro777
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment