• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-06-04]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-06-04]


    Daily Questions [2020-06-04]

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the Drifter never, ever forgets the Vanguard snitches moving forward.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Sorriest things I ever saw.

    submitted by /u/SwervoT3k
    [link] [comments]

    Coordinates Received. The Future of Destiny 2 Arrives. New DTG Tweet.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1268215255898841089

    Bungie.net/reveal is stated in the trailer but isn't live yet. DTG twitter said it will be live shortly: https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1268216257704153088

    Update: Bungie.net/reveal is nothing more than a calendar notification download

    YouTube mirror courtesy of u/Mblim771_Kyle : https://youtu.be/VKd3PGE-wj4

    submitted by /u/georgiadawg27
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find sundial?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    I can't find the sundial anywhere. Or any quests leading to it? Could someone help

    submitted by /u/SkyingLux
    [link] [comments]

    If Drifter is gonna be a focus again, can we get some gambit lines for Reckoners?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    The dredgen gambit lines are so cool, I'd love for drifty to call me crazy at the start of matches.

    submitted by /u/GyroGoddamnZeppeli
    [link] [comments]

    Season of [REDACTED] May Be Bungie's Second Stab At Penumbra

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Before Forsaken came out, there were two ViDocs talking about the Y2 Annual Pass. This is the relevant one. The second half of the video gives brief overviews of the upcoming seasons (Forge, Drifter, Penumbra).

    If you skip to 4:40, you'll hear this (transcript for those at work):

    "So just like we saw with the Whisper of the Worm quest that came out recently, those kind of secrets that players discover for themselves are super exciting. What if we took an entire release, y'know, we let the name Penumbra out, but what if everything else was a mystery box that players will uncover collaboratively?"

    Eventually Penumbra was replaced or rebranded as Opulence. I don't think we have any way of knowing if it was the same content just renamed Opulence, or the content was put on the back burner; neither one is relevant to the point here.

    Lots of people have been asking why we don't know anything for the upcoming season, why we haven't gotten a trailer, why they haven't talked about activities, etc. We know they're going to reveal the Y4 expansion next Tuesday, but that's without any seasonal hype for the three months before it.

    Compare that to Opulence/Shadowkeep. Opulence got its own buildup before Shadowkeep was ever revealed. It got its own trailers, its own hype, and then a month later, Shadowkeep was revealed. The fact that Bungie is now about to reveal the Y4 expansion on the same day as a new season that hasn't been hyped at all? This is intentional. There's a reason why they're not hyping it.

    Correction: It was not a month, as pointed out to me by /u/dankmemer440. Sorry about that!

    Maybe that reason will be awesome, like a total mystery of a season. Or maybe it will be terrible. Who knows? But if they're trying the original Penumbra plan of "Say nothing, show nothing, let players figure it all out themselves," then at the very least this will be a wild experiment.

    EDIT: To those bringing up the point that Penumbra and Opulence were the same thing, there's two points: first, I'm not talking about the content of Penumbra, I'm talking about the idea of Penumbra, the "secret season."

    Second, Y2 did have code names and actual names for the Seasons (Joker's Wild = Season of the Drifter, for example). But Penumbra and Opulence did not operate the same way. The season was initially teased as Penumbra. Then when the Y2 Roadmap came out, it was Season of Redacted. Then when the season was fully revealed, it was Opulence. If Penumbra was a codename for Opulence, why bother calling it [Redacted] in between? That suggests some kind of change. They didn't go Joker's Wild -> Redacted -> Season of the Drifter, after all.

    submitted by /u/DeerTrivia
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE For The Love of the Traveller, Let There Be More Story Telling In The Next Expansion

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Look, I don't know what Bungie are currently thinking in their development cycle. I just want a more direct focus on story with where they're going from Season 11 onwards. Shadowkeep was a HUGE bummer leaving us on a cliff-hanger until - I assume - September this year.

    I honestly don't think I could commit to another stressful expansion where I have more questions than answers to story-threads currently in place.

    I want to untap and come to conclusions on characters such as Uldren, Calus, The Nine... But I know deep down, my gut is telling me two things: A) Everyone is going to come together for this September... But then I remember that I keep telling myself this every year... So: B) The Pyramids will take the stage and everything else will slowly fade away.

    I can't be left on a cliffhanger until June 2021. I just want to explore more narratively driven segments. Even if it means more "In-Game" cutscenes such as non-CGI dialogue between characters and our Guardian... Maybe we can get the Zelda treatment and be able to ask more questions (if we wanted to) where the main character doesn't speak?

    Thoughts? Opinions? I can't be the only one craving for more 1:1 story content?

    submitted by /u/rayhaansabir
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie should really crack down on datamining in their game. News of what is to come should come from bungie themselves not leakers.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Everytime we get a hint of something to come a dataminer comes along and spoils the whole thing. Theres some people that are fine with this but if we didn't know we would be getting Felwinters lie it probably would have been a bigger deal. Same goes for that darkness trailer we got in game yesterday. Really ruins the whole excitement.

    submitted by /u/MrEousTranger
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ana stupid? Does she know about the pyramids? I know WE are supposed to look at the bunkers but c'mon, she's there talking about a possible second golden age while an army of Capricciosa pizzas is threatening our system.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    My game bugged out but it gave me this amazing shot of the Almighty

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    Bungie please dont make the darkness like every other threat in destiny

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Make it actually, you know, threatening

    Have some characters die, and shit

    I dont know about everyone else but I'm tired of feeling like a god going around and killing every threat without any loss. There are literally no steaks in the destiny universe right now

    The darkness has to actually do something that is threatening for me to be scared of it, you cant just tell me "it's an ainchient evil that destroys everything it touches" SHOW ME BY MAKING IT DESTROY SOMETHING

    The games storytelling is at it's best when we are dealing with loss, i.e. forsaken and the first half of d2 vanilla

    Edit: Just realized I spelled stakes wrong 🤦‍♂️, imma leave it in there tho, because I would like steak in the destiny universe as well as stakes

    submitted by /u/Matthematr1x
    [link] [comments]

    Pour one out for the awesome Almighty crucible map we never got and never will get

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    What a cool aesthetic for a crucible map/Gambit map/strike. The almighty mission was always one of my favorites.

    submitted by /u/podsyboy121
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Bungie? I think it would be convenient and cool if you guys can add silver in the season pass for season buyers.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    I can't be the only one to think this right? Id like the stuff in eververse but I'm tired of buying sliver everytime... If we can add like 100 silver every said tier i feel like people would not only buy more stuff in shop but will have one more option to get the season pass... And besides some people need a fashion check lol.

    Edit: with some recent discussing with other people... It would be %100 better if larger quantities of bright dust was added.

    submitted by /u/A_Traumatized_Rat
    [link] [comments]

    After everything that’s been going on with the Almighty and pyramid ships slowly coming in, we really should start putting weapons on our ships.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    I mean can I have Amanda duct tape a bunch or edge transits to it or something.

    submitted by /u/riledredpanda
    [link] [comments]

    Damn it Bungie I hate how you have this amazing ability to hype me up every season.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    I meant this in good faith

    submitted by /u/TheLastRuso
    [link] [comments]

    Depresstiny: facing The Darkness alone

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    I'm a veteran Destiny player and I have autism spectrum disorder, OCD, depression, anxiety and CPTSD. Just saying that here is difficult. Destiny has always been an escape from the hellish reality that is my life. At one point it was my only reason for living. On my list of reasons to live I have "see the conclusion of Destiny". I at least want to beat The Darkness before I lose to my own darkness.

    There was a time when I was an expert raider. I could do any job in any raid throughout the entirety of D1. I had every exotic, I went flawless twice, accomplished every triumph in the record books, I conquered every challenge the game had to offer. It was a struggle though and it became too much. I've experienced most of D2 alone, especially the last couple of years. I don't have every exotic, I rarely raid (haven't even played Garden of Salvation), and I have many challenges that have been unmet. Socializing is hard for me to say the least. It's been hard for me to stick with playing with friends because I mostly play during the day because night is my worst time and I have a calming routine I do to keep me grounded and sometimes I'll go weeks where I'm too drained to play with people. I fear playing with people because I've had so many people give me shit for having to leave or not being able to get on or play for long or playing at "weird times". I just couldn't take always worrying about judgement from people on top of the stress of socializing and performing in high level content.

    I'm writing this for two reasons. I'm hoping there are some decent guardians here to offer me some reassurance and kind words and I'm hoping maybe I can finally find my squad. Part of my calming routine is watching Destiny YouTubers and I so desperately want what they have. I watch Th3 Jez play with Hush or Datto or I watch My Name is Byf do his TSLAYP videos or SirDimetrious play with Gladd and Redeem and I want that camaraderie. I've had glimpses of it but no one ever really stuck with me or they played with other people who were offensive or harsh so I steered clear. Ideally I'd like someone who is willing to chat and get to know me a little and maybe even go to the effort of asking me to play and get me out of my shell. I'm pretty fun and funny when you get to know me, I just take some time to get comfortable. Hopefully I can find at least some of what I'm looking for here. We're most likely getting ready to head into the biggest chapter in Destiny history this fall and I just don't want to experience it alone. I've spent most of my life fighting my darkness alone and I don't want to fight The Darkness alone.

    submitted by /u/lordofthstrings
    [link] [comments]

    If the next teaser is Calus, I will lose my mind!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    There was a leak about a month ago that said the fall expansion would focus on Eris, Drifter, Calus and Mara

    submitted by /u/fallonreader
    [link] [comments]

    The Radiocomms on planet spawns don't work anymore.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    On every planet, at every spawn is a communication station. Sometimes you could hear random chatter and rarely some hilarious conversations. Now it's just fizzy, because of the pyramids. Nice little detail, bungie! It's the small things.

    submitted by /u/Callsign_Warlock
    [link] [comments]

    I was playing a crucible today, I got a double kill (maybe triple) and Shaxx had the Audactiy to call me a hunter as a warlock main I'm disgusted

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Let's just say I'll be handing more vanguard bounties

    submitted by /u/alpha-123
    [link] [comments]

    Wrath of the Warmind Triggers - An Exhaustive Guide

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    This season adds Warmind Cells to the guardian toolkit, and they are especially potent for build utility, especially ad clear. The artifact mod Tyrant's Surge (which generates a warmind cell on almost any arc ability damage) has been especially potent, really obviating the need to explore the other methods to create cells.

    After Tyrant's Surge expires, guardians interested in generating Warmind Cells should try "Wrath of the Rasputin." For just 1 energy, Wrath of Rasputin generates Warmind Cells on "solar splash damage."

    While the mod says that there is a "chance" of creating a Warmind cell, there is actually a consistent algorithm (kills with Warmind weapons operate the same way). I won't go into a full explanation here, but very generally Warmind Cells are generated for every 4-6 qualifying kills on ads. Majors count for double, and qualifying yellow bar kills ALWAYS generate cells.

    But what counts as "Solar Splash Damage? I ran some extensive tests and want to share my results:

    Ultra-Reliable

    The following always count as "solar splash damage" kills.

    • Rage of the Warmind - This is a separate, more expensive (5 energy) mod, which makes warmind cell explosions count as solar splash damage. It pairs exceptionally well with Wrath of Rasputin, chaining warmind cell explosions into the generation of additional cells.
    • All Solar Grenades – I tried every type of solar grenade on all 3 classes. All of them consistently count as solar splash damage. In addition, Khepri's Horn (the titan exotic) mimics the Thermite Grenade) and always counts as Solar Splash Damage.

    Solar Supers

    • Hunter - Blade Barrage reliably counts as "Solar splash damage."
    • Titan - All 3 solar supers consistently count as solar splash damage, though the spin attack on the burning maul does not.
    • Warlock: While Dawnblade swords do not count as solar splash damage, kills with Phoenix Dive or the casting of Well of Radiance both do.

    Solar Weapons

    • Exotics: Xenophage is the only exotic that always counts as a solar splash damage kill.
    • Solar grenade launchers, including both Heavy (Love & Death and Outrageous Fortune) and Special (Martyr's Retribution) always count.
    • Solar Rocket launchers (Pyroclastic flow and Roar of the bear) always trigger warmind cells, except that the perk "Impact casing" adds RNG--if the impact (versus explosive) damage kills the target, it doesn't count.
    • Environmental Explosions - Creating environmental solar explosions works as well.

    Semi-Reliable

    The following sometimes create Warmind Cells. That is because killing with splash damage (versus direct impact) is kind of RNG

    Split Damage Exotics - All of the below do both impact and splash damage. They can create warmind cells, but only if enemies die to the splash (and not the impact).

    • Jotunn
    • 1,000 Voices
    • Skyburner's Oath (Hip-Fired) - ADSing with this weapon fires a "normal" cout rifle projectile. However, the hipfire mode shoots exploding slugs. Deaths to the explosion count as solar splash damage.

    Firefly/Dragonfly/Explosive Payload Weapons - The following create solar explosions. Those explosions consistently count as explosive splash damage, but actually securing consistent kills with Solar Splash Damage will depend on enemy grouping.

    • Any solar weapon with dragonfly: e.g. Trust, Ringing nail, Twilight Oath, Adhortative, Oxygen SR3. It bears reiterating that direct kills do not count. Only collateral kills do.
    • Any solar weapon with "Explosive payload" (e.g. Distant Relation and Trust) - While dragonfly creates a solar explosion on kill, explosive payload creates a (small) explosion on hit. That explosion can collaterally kill, and will count as solar splash damage.
    • Ace of Spades (Dragonfly Kills)
    • Sunshot - Interestingly, along with sunburn kills (which act just like firefly/dragonfly), Sunshot also has explosive payload. That collateral impact damage can also count as Solar Splash Damage. Again, your mileage will vary based on enemy grouping.
    • Polaris Lance - Polaris Lance fully catalyzed has dragonfly, which behaves like any dragonfly weapon. In addition, kills with its exotic perk "The perfect fifth" also counts.

    Class-specific Abilities

    • Hunter

      • Explosive Throwing Knives (top tree) count when the explosion kills (impact kills don't count).
      • Interestingly, collateral kills from Celestial Nighthawk (which causes targets to explode) do count.
    • Titan:

      • Hammer Strike (Top Tree Charged Melee) does have a very slight AOE effect. If that AOE effect kills, it counts as Solar Splash Damage. In my experience this is too rare to be considered a meaningful part of a build.
      • Mortar Blast (Bottom Tree Charged Melee) - I had high hopes for bottom tree Titan to be godly for creating Warmind cells. Unfortunately, sunspots (which do not count as Solar Splash Damage) really seem to interfere. Almost any ability that should create cells can be "interfered with" if a sunspot kills the enemy first.
    • Warlock

      • Chromatic Fire - I have this under "less reliable" only because it is circumstantial. With that said, in my experience it works very well. In particular, using a Warmind weapon paired with the Chromatic Fire exotic can lead to near constant Warmind cell generation.
      • Unfortunately, I was not able to generate cells with any warlock melee ability, even where they expressly claimed to be creating an explosion. This is one where I'm waiting expecting someone to prove me wrong despite my repeated attempts.

    These Don't Work

    Weapons:

    • 2-Tailed Fox - Another one that I tried a bunch of times and remain skeptical. In theory, the solar rocket should count as solar splash damage, but I never once got Wrath of Rasputin to procc using 2-tailed fox.

    • Prometheus lens - neither direct kills nor "prismatic inferno" kills count.

    • Solar fusion rifles do not count.

    • Ricochet rounds on solar weapons do not count.

    Class Abilities

    • Hunter

      • Golden Gun (sans Celestial Nighthawk)
      • Throwing Knives (neither precision throwing knives (bottom tree) nor fan of knives (middle tree) ever count.
    • Titan

      • As mentioned above, the sunspot was a real letdown.
      • In addition, the throwing hammer (middle tree) does not count as a solar explosion.
    • Warlock

      • Also as mentioned above, I was not able to get any of the 3 warlock melees to count as solar explosions.
    • Exotic Armor - Neither Bombardiers (Hunter), Severance Enclosure (Titan) nor Felwinter's Helm (Warlock) count as solar explosive damage.

    Of course, I'm just one person, and testing is finite. If you have found anything I missed, please let me know!

    submitted by /u/hephaestusroman
    [link] [comments]

    The Almighty getting closer and closer is cool, but the fact that literally nobody mentions it in the tower breaks some of the fantasy

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Zavala and Shaxx etc really don't see it and are still carrying out Strike protocols like normal?

    submitted by /u/Jlmjiggy
    [link] [comments]

    It’s essentially useless, but I’m always surprised by how many people are always at the farm

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Everytime I go it's always packed. People must appreciate the vibe and music like I do.

    The atmosphere is awesome

    submitted by /u/Pixelatedmess84
    [link] [comments]

    Worthy is in my opinion not a huge failure in itself. It just relied super heavily on trials and when trials failed, so did the rest of the season because suddenly there was nothing for the playerbase to do.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Imagine if there had been good, accessible trials loot and incentives to go flawless? You would play trials during the weekends and mess about with the Rasputin event and weapons during the weekdays. It would be a lot more complete of a season.

    So imo the issue isn't that the season itself was horribly thought out, but rather that it relied on the success of trials to function. And when trials hit the ground half baked and unforgiving, half of the season effectively vanished.

    submitted by /u/TuxOut
    [link] [comments]

    Loaded Question is an excellently designed pinnacle weapon

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    I had this moment yesterday and this is what "power fantasy" means to me.

    It has a really unique and effective perk, but at the same time the perk is ideal for add clearing while on a special weapon which is most often the role of primary weapons - so it will not end up being the one and only choice for every activity. As a result it has always felt good, but has never been a required part of any loadout. So at the same time it can be really good, but still balanced.

    It also has this loop where you fire one burst into a group of adds, use primary to clean up and it auto-loads for Reservoir Burst to be ready for next group. And you keep an eye on ammo count and try not to go below 7 unless you need to melt that major/boss and you are out of heavy (I run Major Spec on it). And I find myself playing the minigame of finding best ways to to get as many explosions per burst as I can - either by lining multiple groups up, or doing a sideways movement mid-burst to spread the projectiles out.

    It has become my favorite weapon to use for most content in the past seasons. I will be sad to leave it behind in September, but I have a whole season left to still use it and I will make the most of it.

    I run it in almost all of Garden, only swap out for final boss (Tranquility/Drang/Xeno), I used it in strikes as much as I can. I could easily use another weapon for that and do pretty much just as well, but it just feels fun trying to line up my shot for maximum amount of explosions. I cannot usually find space to fit it into Ordeal loadouts as Erianas usually takes the spot there tho - but that is perfectly fine!

    I mostly run it with Breachlight and then either Black Talon, Anarchy of Xenophage. Black Talon is the ideal complement to the loadout as I can use it for both majors and bosses in an ammo-effective way.

    I hope to see more pinnacle/ritual weapons like this in the future!

    submitted by /u/Stenbox
    [link] [comments]

    If it's one thing I'm happy about this season, it's the fact that we still don't know what's coming in a week. And that's awesome.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Seeing weapons I know I'm going to get, strikes and missions, and spoilers half way through the current season takes all the excitement and motivation away from the current season.

    I made the suggestion (extremely unlikely it was my idea that they implemented) to hold off on trailer and teasers until later in the season. I'm glad I was correct.

    Sure, I have my doubts about the seasons quality without knowing anything yet, but the fact that I'm anxiously awaiting what's to come in less than a week is making the uncertainty in what's to become our city all the more intense.

    I only hope it's not a double edge sword, where one end is anxiety for what's to come and the other is disappointment.

    What are other people's thoughts on the delayed teaser?

    submitted by /u/Darth_Onaga
    [link] [comments]

    One good thing that came from this season was the legendary lost sectors. It was a QoL improvement we asked for and should stick around in the future.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Title. Not saying there isn't room for improvements but more challenging content is always welcome. Maybe get rid of the overloaded enemies and add more of the other LS's so it can become its own playlist,like how story missions used to be before it became irrelevant.

    submitted by /u/Seekerempty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment