• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Seasonal Power Grind

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Seasonal Power Grind


    Focused Feedback: Seasonal Power Grind

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    Focused Feedback is where we take the week to focus on a 'Hot Topic' discussed extensively around the Tower.

    We do this in order to consolidate Feedback, to get out all your ideas and issues surrounding the topic in one place for discussion and a source of feedback to the Vanguard.

    This Thread will be active until next week when a new topic is chosen for discussion

    Whilst Focused Feedback is active, ALL posts regarding 'Power Grind' following its posting will be removed and re-directed to this thread. Exceptions to this rule are as follows: New information / developments, Guides and general questions

    Any and all Feedback on the topic is welcome.

    Regular Sub rules apply so please try to keep the conversation on the topic of the thread and keep it civil between contrasting ideas

    A Wiki page - Focused Feedback - has also been created for the Sub as an archive for these topics going forward so they can be looked at by whoever may be interested or just a way to look through previous hot topics of the sub as time goes on.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-06-16]

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Our favorite Umbral Engram activity has been disabled

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1272659729349664769 Can't mention the activity in the title or post due to automoderator, sorry.

    submitted by /u/Theawesomepotato
    [link] [comments]

    Why Doesn't Literally Everything Progress Flashpoint?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    I know this has been posted about before but why hasn't a change been made yet? I would love it to be able to complete something as low key as flashpoint any way I want to.

    I want to do Lost Sectors; Cool, I'll give ya 10% each. Have fun.

    I would rather do mini events, ie: VIP appearances and Scavanger's Chests. Cool, here's 5% each. Go do 20.

    I want to legit just shoot things with my guns! Ok, I'll give ya .5% or maybe .2%. Go kill a few hundred things.

    Just doesn't make sense to me why I can't progress this milestone by doing literally anything on the planet.

    EDIT: Love the feedback from everyone. Bungie, we just want to enjoy this game in our own way and we are hoping that you guys help us do that

    submitted by /u/armoe
    [link] [comments]

    Can the Umbral Decoder say "OOOOOOH" whenever we get the same drop twice in a row?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    It would be funny. Very in character for the Drifter too!

    submitted by /u/Gorthebon
    [link] [comments]

    If you're going to sunset weapons, sunset them. Dont lie and say "We want you to use more weapons with more variety" and then upgrade already existing weapons.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Don't put a new logo and higher max light on weapons we already grinded countless hours for. Make new weapons that matter, that are fun to use. Hell, your entire content scheme now is bringing back old raids/activities, why not bring back some classic weapons?

    End of rant I guess itll probably get removed

    submitted by /u/El_yeeticus
    [link] [comments]

    My mate asked me what the last big expansion was and I said Forsaken. I felt like something was wrong and it took me ages to remember Shadowkeep wasn't just a season. I really hope Beyond Light is like TTK and Forsaken.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Shadowkeep just felt like a large season to me.

    submitted by /u/PeculiarPete
    [link] [comments]

    With all the F2P raids leaving in Beyond Light, Scourge of the Past shouldn't rotate out and instead be a F2P raid

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    When I'm introducing friends to this game, the big thing that always gets them interested are activities such as raids or the whisper/outbreak quests. Its in these situations where teamwork, individual skill and remembrance that we're all worse at platforming than we think we are come through. I find these are what really set this game apart from other shooters and is often what has hooked on the fence players into the experience. With five raids, The Whisper and Outbreak's quest all going away when the next expansion drops, I really want to hear what will be moved into free to all players and want to petition Bungie to keep Scourge of the Past out of the DCV by having it stick around as a F2P raid.

    Scourge is a great introductory raid. It's not too long, it has amazing set-pieces with the sparrow race and Insurrection Prime, and it takes place in a location that all guardians know. Although Last Wish is my favorite raid, I don't think I would recommend it to new guardians as a first raid experience simply because it's so long and difficult in comparison and it doesn't make sense unless you've played through Forsaken. I understand there's limitations on the back-end to keeping Scourge around, but I believe the benefit of introducing new guardians to raids is worth that cost.

    On CoS, I understand that Crown of Sorrow is a newer raid than Scourge, but I think it makes more sense for it to be removed since it's linked so deeply to the Leviathan and that in its entirety will be leaving.

    I would also like to see a comprehensive list of what activities will be F2P going into the future. I still play with some friends who don't own the game and seeing so much of the content they can play being vaulted is making it hard to keep them coming back.

    tl;dr: Scourge is a great raid to get newer guardians invested in the game and should stick around.

    Edit: Scourge is, in fact, being vaulted. Bungie announced it in their Building a Viable Future article: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49189 " There will be three raids playable this fall, including a new one set in the Deep Stone Crypt on Europa as part of the Beyond Light expansion." Those three are Last Wish, GoS and the new Europa raid.

    submitted by /u/Plaid_Max
    [link] [comments]

    For the love of god, PLEASE go under 750 to farm

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Trying to get izanagis burden and help my friend through black armory, and theres people at level 1020+ just sitting afk. Honestly, im about to start reporting people for doing it. Its 100% fine if you put yourself below 750

    submitted by /u/ItzAndrew04
    [link] [comments]

    I love Destiny but Sunsetting has created nothing but apathy towards the game for me.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Let me preface by saying that I am an adult and can make a decision to not play, which I find myself slowly doing. I'm playing less and less and Destiny is probably my favorite game I have played in recent memory besides PUBG.

    Everything just feels so transient. I'm actually ok with weapon Sunsetting to some degree, at least I think guns like Recluse need to go. But the fact that my trusty Austringer or Edgewise or a bunch of others that have seen me through a lot of D2 are going doesn't feel great. I remember getting my Outlast, it was my first real "god roll" and I remember relaying it's perks to my buddy and taking it into the Crucible and being blown away at how good it felt. But that's going away too. And maybe I can get it again, but without the 800 Crucible kills on it and the memory of getting the drop, thinking it sucked because I was a newb, and my buddy going, "you really don't like that roll? You're nuts."

    The icing for me is that I just can't wrap my head around armor Sunsetting. Between the convoluted mod system and the expensiveness of upgrading gear, it just feels like getting attached to the memories of a hotel room, it feels as though I'm borrowing from the game and nothing is actually mine. I've gotten some pretty sweet rolls on some new guns and to be fair this season the drops are fast and easy, but I dismantled my masterworked IB set from around the Shadowkeep release. It was my first ever high stay roll, with a spread I wanted, and I remember actually getting that chest piece and being so stoked. It actually carried me all the way to last IB where I received a slightly better piece for my build now that I had Powerful Friends. It was really depressing to be totally fair, it's only pixels in a game but I had a huge sentimental value attached to that piece and would have kept it for a different build but it just won't be useful next season.

    I also remember watching Esoterickk solo a nightmare Hunt and I was loved his primary, looked it up, and farmed amthat exact roll Austringer for weeks until I had it and to this day, it is my favorite gun, I have completed every raid with it (some encounters against my better judgement) and have done all pinnacle content with that gun in my hands. As of last season I vaulted it, before I knew of Sunsetting, to explore other guns, and while I missed it I took comfort in knowing I could pull it out at any time. And if Sunsetting wasn't a thing, my tradition is the first run of any new content, I bring my Austringer. Ive tried to find a replacement but none can top the actual sentimental value of the gun, even if my Dire Promises is probably comparable, if not better. Plus with the new Pulse Rifle mod I kind of moved away from handcannons for now anyway.

    I've spent a lot of time looking for armor for my Hunter and Warlock, and I was so thrilled to get armor that I wanted, with the rolls I wanted. And I'm still searching for one more perfect piece, but it doesn't really matter.

    Plus the fact that our light cap gets increased every season, it just feels like I am really not progressing the game.

    I know this is a pretty common sentiment and I just wanted to rant but God damn, it makes me really sad that I am finding it less and less worth it to log on every day.

    submitted by /u/CircusTV
    [link] [comments]

    If you’re gonna recycle sunsetted weapons, PLEASE give us a way to bump the cap of our old copies

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    I don't care if it costs 5 new season copies of the gun and an Ascendant Shard, for the love of god, just please let us bring the rolls we spent weeks or months farming up to current light. It would be one thing if the guns were getting revamped, but we already see they aren't, based on the Season 11 versions of old guns added this season.

    It's just such a slap in the face that the only difference between my current Gnawing Hunger, which is not good enough to continue using, and a new Gnawing Hunger which I'm allowed to use for another year, is the dumb icon in the corner. It would be one thing if there was different perks or element or something but there's not, it's literally just the icon that's different. You said "I had to be there", but why should I have bothered when I would've been better off trying to get a good roll now instead of in Season 6? And when I do eventually get that same roll again, I have to start the kill tracker over from scratch.

    I just don't see how throwing players this one bone would break anything. If player engagement or content quantity is that heavily contingent on re-earning old guns a second time, then I think there's some real deep issues that need to be addressed.

    submitted by /u/Roboid
    [link] [comments]

    Take Me Home, Cosmodrome

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Almost Tower, Cosmodrome
    Forgotten Shore, Terrestrial Complex
    Life is old there, older than the Ghosts
    Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze

    Cosmodrome, take me home
    To the place I belong
    Dock Thirteen, mountain mama
    Take me home, Cosmodrome

    All my memories gather 'round 'er
    Hunter's Ghost, stranger to the Shore
    Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
    Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye

    Cosmodrome, take me home
    To the place I belong
    Dock Thirteen, mountain mama
    Take me home, Cosmodrome

    I hear 'er voice in the mornin' hour, she calls me
    The comms remind me of my home far away
    Drivin' my Sparrow, I get a feelin'
    That I shoulda been home yesterday, yesterday

    Cosmodrome, take me home
    To the place I belong
    Dock Thirteen, mountain mama
    Take me home, Cosmodrome

    Cosmodrome, take me home
    To the place I belong
    Dock Thirteen, mountain mama
    Take me home, Cosmodrome

    Take me home, down Sparrow roads
    Take me home, down Sparrow roads

    submitted by /u/PresentPossible
    [link] [comments]

    Champions are an interesting gimmick but should not become a permanent fixture in Destiny unless we are given more tools to deal with them.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    At this point champions have become tiresome because they're so severely limiting. I don't mind them at first glance, but when their presence restricts our loadouts season after season they start to feel more like a shackle than a difficult obstacle.

    We need more options to deal with them, options that could potentially give us access to the gear that we've worked so hard for and are looking for excuses to use. I don't think that forcing certain weapon types into the meta each season through bounties, champions, and quests is the way forward.

    Something as simple as adding a champion mod slot to weapons, and then allowing for rare, single use drops of champion mods in the game would ease a lot of pain in this. This is just a suggestion and may not be the right answer, but it is something.

    If champions are here to stay, then you need to think about letting us be a little more creative in how we deal with them. Champions don't have to go full easy mode, but right now our options could be expanded upon.

    submitted by /u/NoctisNoctua
    [link] [comments]

    The new v2 IKELOS weapons can all create warmind cells, Bungie please add this as a hidden perk for Sleeper Simulant

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Would make total lore sense and give a reason to include Sleeper in builds without remotely making it broken.

    submitted by /u/Arse2Mouse
    [link] [comments]

    Hey remember that one Rocket Launcher, Deathbringer? Yeah, me neither.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Bungie pls need it. It needs some love, like you gave Xenophage. Make the void orb damage stronger, increase their fall speed, something. But it needs a buff.

    Edit: I'm thinking more of PVE content. I'm not saying make it the new GHorn. Just make it better than Devils Ruin or current iteration Merciless.

    submitted by /u/FirstCurseFil
    [link] [comments]

    The Surprise Attack mod is on sale at the Recoder NOW. Go pick up this mod it is ABSURDLY strong.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    For those who don't know, Surprise Attack gives sidearms double damage when charged with light.

    It only costs 1 energy. The buff has no time limit and will not overwrite it's self (so you can have the buff and get charged with light again). The buff is only used up when you LAND shots. It also stacks multiplicatively meaning with Multikill Clip x3 (as an example) it will do TRIPLE damage.

    It's seriously strong and I would definitely suggest picking it up.

    submitted by /u/noodles355
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, people like cheeses. They hate power grind.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    People really enjoy cheeses for light levels and gear. Power level is not content. The reason people like cheesing is because it proves enjoyable game play( or not playing lol) without the grinding involved. Level increases used to be ok but every season makes it get old. Spending part of the season just to level up to play an activity is not a substitute for actually playing enjoyable content. The whole game needs to be rethought. I would rather play something that I really like playing and then move on and come back once there's new content then grind things out season after season just to add longevity to the game.

    submitted by /u/UntrustedUncle
    [link] [comments]

    It's crazy how much content was added in Forsaken

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    • New story with long missions
    • New Supers and subclass trees
    • Gambit
    • World loot refresh
    • Gambit
    • Collections, Seals
    • New raid
    • 2 Locations, with dreaming city being one of the best destinations in Destiny

    Beyond Light, I have high hopes for you!

    submitted by /u/WestbrookIsAwesome
    [link] [comments]

    The T3 gift "Umbral Enhancement III" which gives an extra alternate final perk similar to weapons at the end of season of Dawn, ONLY works with basic focusing, NOT precise focusing

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Edited at the bottom with new info
    Basically, if you want an alternate final perk (super useful, you almost certainly do) you can only get this from the basic engram, which can contain any of the 6 weapons. Focusing at the next level up will guarantee you one of two weapons, but it will not have an alternate final perk. RIP. Can someone tag cosmo and dmg, and see if this was intended?

    And yeah... I had some free time on my hands. Sue me, I wanted to clean house early and relax.

    EDIT: it appears to be bugged only on the two weapons you don't have at the beginning: cold denial (pulse) and falling guillotine (sword). Coincidentally, these are two of the most sought-after weapons, so still rip

    submitted by /u/PM_SHORT_STORY_IDEAS
    [link] [comments]

    So we tried the new dungeon...

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    ...and it´s absolutely amazing. Best content in a long time: great action, great mechanics, great challenge.

    Please give us more. That is all.

    submitted by /u/Fusionking69
    [link] [comments]

    Everything You Need to Know About Swords in Season of Arrivals

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Hello guardians, you may remember me from my post about swords after the major changes made in Season of the Worthy. Well, the new season is here, and with it, two new swords with unique archetypes, one new perk, and one new sword mod. Swords, for the most part, have not changed like they did last season, so the data from my previous post is still relevant and covers most of the basic info about the weapon class. Passive Guard is gone as is Overload Sword, but Enhanced Sword Scavenger is back! There's also plenty of new ground to cover, and we'll be taking an in-depth look at all of that here.

    If you're looking for general DPS numbers, I will refer you to u/IAMADragon's excellent Damage Chart Madness which has been updated already with the new sword archetypes as well as u/CourtRooom's fantastic Damage Catalogue which has detailed info on modifiers.

    Sword Damage

    Season of Arrivals brings two new swords, Temptation's Hook and Falling Guillotine, into Destiny 2. They belong to the new archetypes Caster Frame and Vortex Frame, respectively. The Caster Frame has the benefit of range but actually slightly reduced impact at the same swing speed, and the Vortex frame is essentially the same as an Adaptive Frame (most swords in the game are this archetype) but with a unique spinning heavy attack. Here's a table on all the damage these swords do with their various attacks. All swords are using Tempered Edge (Medium Damage and Reserves, see my post from last season for more info about edge perks and damage increase for impact) with no mods or masterwork, or have their numbers adjusted to simulate that configuration. Testing is, as usual, done on our poor Tribute Hall Ogre with 1035 PL using all swords. These numbers are repeatable, and consistent, but subject to minor variances.

    SWORD LIGHT ATTACK DAMAGE HEAVY ATTACK DAMAGE HEAVY ATTACK AMMO COST HEAVY ATTACK DAMAGE (UNCHARGED)
    Temptation's Hook (Caster Frame) 9,665 29,000 (in 10 ticks of 2,900 over 1.2 seconds) (Ranged) 8 7,732
    Falling Guillotine (Vortex Frame) 11,342* 55,575 (in 7 ticks of 7,939) 4 14,747 (5 ticks of 2,949)
    Adaptive Frame 11,293* 38,589 (in 1 tick of 11,293 and 4 ticks of 6,723, rapidly) 4 13,553
    Throne-Cleaver (Aggressive Frame) 16,683 50,050 3 22,245
    Black Talon 11,216* 33,648 (Ranged) (Can be double fired for 67,296) 4 (8 with double fire) 11,216
    Worldline Zero 11,216* 56,080 (Sprinting, 5 ticks of 11,216) / 38,589 (Same as Adaptive Frame if not sprinting) 3 13,553

    *Minor variance in damage on light attacks can be attributed to differing Edge Perks and attempts to adjust them mathematically. All the marked swords have the same Impact with identical perks and masterwork level.

    A few interesting things to note here:

    • Throne-Cleaver is still the DPS king, but working a charged Heavy Attack into the loop brings Falling Guillotine very close, at the cost of more ammo.
    • Black Talon, as an exotic, logically out-damages legendary Temptation's Hook. A fully masterworked, Jagged Edge Hook with a Spec mod theoretically will out-damage Black Talon but will also consume more ammo. Damage perks like Whirlwind Blade and Surrounded (which Black Talon cannot have) will push the damage even further.
    • Black Talon is second DPS to Throne Cleaver, just ahead of Falling Guillotine, when using a 2x Heavy - Light - 2x Heavy attack loop, but this doesn't take extra perks, masterwork, and mods into effect.
    • Black Talon is still burst damage king, especially with Reversal active, but it eats up ammo.
    • I did not include the Lightweight Frame numbers as I don't have the gear setup on my Hunter to accurately measure them under the same conditions as the above swords. Lightweight damage is included in Damage Chart Madness, however, and I hope to update this chart with Goldtusk's numbers soon.
    • Falling Guillotine is basically a Legendary Worldine Zero, much more so than Temptation's Hook is a Legendary Black Talon. With the right perks, in fact, FG can do everything Worldline can, but better. Look how they massacred my boy!

    Additional note: With swords that dealt damage in multiple ticks (especially Falling Guillotine), I encountered a weird effect where the enemy would, a moment after the heavy attack ended, take an additional chunk of damage. It's not clear whether this is just a delayed portion of the damage from the attack or another, mysterious block of damage being done from an unknown source. After examining the numbers, it seems that the extra damage is not accounted for in the counters of the attack, meaning it is extra damage in addition to the number already listed. The Tribute Hall Ogre in my instance had roughly 112,000 health. Falling Guillotine dealt ~55,000 with each heavy attack, which reduced the Ogre's health bar to about half as expected. The extra damage comes in about a second and a half later and takes off another 1/4th of the overall health bar, leaving the Ogre with around 1/4 health. I am not able to explain this, but here is the effect in action:

    https://media.giphy.com/media/LQuk7LlXc5LjAdI0Uo/giphy.gif

    https://media.giphy.com/media/mBpVOVh88Nf1rmESor/giphy.gif

    Note that this effect occurs on bosses outside of the Tribute Hall as well.

    Vorpal Weapon

    Not much to see here! Vorpal Weapon is the same perk it's been since it premiered in Season of Dawn, but it can roll on Temptation's Hook, giving a flat 15% damage bonus against Ultras and vehicles. In PvP, it should grant 20% extra damage against guardians in roaming supers, but a single strike from a sword is usually enough to kill a guardian anyway.

    Lucent Blade

    Lucent Blade is the new seasonal armor mod, Arc affinity, 4 energy cost. While Charged with Light, after an initial sword hit, it grants a buff called "Keened." Keened lasts 5 seconds, grants a 35% buff to sword damage and consumes one stack of Charged with Light. Multiple stacks will allow players to have the buff up for a while. The new Supercharged mod can give you up to 20 seconds or more. Lucent Blade does not stack with global buffs, including Well of Radiance, Weapons of Light, and High Energy Fire. It does stack with damage perks on the sword itself i.e. Surrounded and Whirlwind Blade. It also works with global debuffs such as Hunter Tether and Oppressive Darkness (welcome back, old friend).

    An additional effect of the mod, if another Arc mod is slotted, is a reduction of sword charge time. Here are the numbers on that (they are timed by hand with a stopwatch, averaged from multiple takes, so numbers are generally accurate but possibly not exact):

    GUARD TYPE CHARGE TIME (BASE) CHARGE TIME (LUCENT BLADE)
    Heavy Guard 5 seconds 4 seconds
    Infinite Guard 4.5 seconds 3.5 seconds
    Enduring Guard 4.5 seconds 3.5 seconds
    Burst Guard 4.7 seconds 3.2 seconds
    Swordmaster's Guard 4.3 seconds 3.5 seconds
    Balanced Guard 4.5 seconds 3.5 seconds

    So the mod reduces the charge time generally by about one second. That's not quite as dramatic a reduction as the mod states in its description but it will help you get your Heavy Attack back quicker to do damage faster. And you might have Sword Reserves or Scavenger on anyway, so it's an easy bonus to acquire.

    That should cover most of the new gameplay elements with swords this season. I will continue to update this post with corrections or additional information in the coming weeks, but for now, enjoy Season of Swords Part 2! And feel free to ask questions or suggest corrections in the comments.

    submitted by /u/OhHolyCrapNo
    [link] [comments]

    This may be minor, but could the Seasonal Icons on weapons and armor not be overridden by Ornaments?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    The more consistent seasonal icons across all armors and weapons is helpful for quickly knowing where a piece came from and what the power level will cap at.

    However, applying an ornament from season of Undying to a season of Worthy armor, overrides the icon.

    I'd argue with the current system if armor sunsetting you're putting forth, knowing the items potential power cap at a glance is far more important.

    Edit: To be clear, I'm talking about the small white corner icon, not the larger icon itself.

    submitted by /u/MisterEinc
    [link] [comments]

    If we are getting transmog for our armour, can we get it for our Ghost too?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    I'd really like to use a basic one instead of having an over the top, silly looking one just because the perks are better than the basic looking ones.

    submitted by /u/Lamipoo
    [link] [comments]

    The Ghaul Nightmare Hunt (Rage) can be completed in 3 minutes and awards either an Umbral Engram or 50 Altered Elements every completion.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Just load up on the lowest difficulty and farm to your heart's content. Bring a sword and only kill Nightmares. THE best farming method I've used this season.

    submitted by /u/RitualKnif3
    [link] [comments]

    Will we have to regrind our raid loot? Bungie Help article says yes.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    In general I had been for sunsetting; sure, there were plenty of guns I loved getting left behind, but I was ready to get excited about new loot again. However, I was concerned about raid loot, since those activities are so amazing and I love the loot (even if it isn't always meta). I'm not some hardcore raider, I don't always have the time, but I love getting to raid with my clan when I get the chance. So in the TWAB on 5/14 that went into detail on sunsetting, I was happy to read this note:

    Weapons and armor from the Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raids, will be granted exceptions and will have a higher Max Power Level.

    Great! Those raids stay relevant and to some extent, you should be able to future-proof your kit if you have raid gear you enjoy. Being stuck at home during this pandemic, I've had more time to raid and finally got the curated Nation of Beasts I've been wanting for ages in the last month, and I was looking forward to using that thing for a long time to come.

    New season rolls around and now we can see level caps on gear. Our raid stuff is all reading a cap of 1060. Uh oh! Don't worry, Cozmo responded in this tweet:

    The Garden of Salvation and Last Wish raid weapons and armor are currently showing an incorrect Max Power Level. We will fix in S12.

    Cool cool, just a bug. Everything is fine!

    That's what I thought, until I stumbled upon this article on Bungie.net regarding max power level. Go ahead and scroll down to the very bottom.

    *Legendary gear from the Last Wish and Garden of Salvation Raids will be reissued in Season 12 with the Season 12 Power Cap.

    Um...this seems like it turns what we thought we knew about raid gear on its head, and on the surface seems to contradict Cozmo's tweet. But if you look again, nowhere is it explicitly said that our existing raid loot will have its level cap raised. Given the way that Gambit Prime gear has been reissued unchanged, just with a higher level cap this season, my fear is that Bungie is going to make us re-grind all of our raid loot, just...because. The loot is still infusible and the activities will still be there! But we'll need to re-earn everything that we've already gotten over the past 1-2 years, in most likely the same form (no updated rolls, if the reissued GP guns are anything to go by), because...I really can't think of a reason, besides "fuck you".

    To my knowledge, the community is acting under the same assumption I had been - that we could keep infusing our existing raid loot for a while longer. Maybe that's correct, because on the face of it Cozmo's tweet and the help article are contradictory. I'm making this post in the hopes of drawing the community's attention to this situation, and hopefully get the attention of the community managers, who can clarify. And in the event that they do see this, and we will need to re-earn our loot, I want to ask...why? Do you really think the way to get people excited to run Last Wish or Garden in Y4 will be to take away everything we've earned from the raid (minus the exotics, mods and cosmetics) and make us earn it again? Because I think that's a great way to ruin the magic of raids, and if this is the case and the way you chose to announce it was to stick it at the bottom of a help article published on a day full of big announcements where it wouldn't be noticed, I think that's pretty fucking shifty of you. I hope I'm wrong.

    submitted by /u/colantalas
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny Legal News 6.4

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Lawyer guardian here,

    Apologies for the long delay in articles, I know everybody desperately relies upon these to be informed about what is going on in the Tower. I added an extra page to let everyone know about upcoming events and pay homage to our recently departed guardians.

    Destiny Legal News 6.4

    submitted by /u/ACbullman23
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie's goal is to get me to use different weapons. Bungie's goal should be for me to have fun.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    If I'm mostly sticking to my hard earned austringer and my goldtusk, and I haven't been compelled to put something else into my rotation, it's because I am having more fun with them. I'd rather be compelled to use new stuff because the loot is exciting than because my toys were smacked out of my hand.

    Remember Forsaken? We had the whole wealth of the games arsenal, we were significantly more powerful. And we were having so much more fun. This being a video game.

    In a game with so much loot, that could elicit so much variety, the designers shouldn't be objecting to my personal choices.

    submitted by /u/NivvyMiz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment