• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-07-27]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-07-27]


    Daily Questions [2020-07-27]

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Make the Prophecy sparrow decent a 5 second respawn

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Bungie bungie bungie.

    You can't just give us THE BEST sparrow playground ever and slap us with a 45 second respawn timer. I don't want to take every corner super cautiously.. I want to blitz down there as fast as possible elbow to elbow with my friends!

    Just one mans opinion.

    submitted by /u/metal_hobbit
    [link] [comments]

    Guardians who join an LFG for a raid that does NOT state KWTD, the WORST thing you can do if you're NOT clear on what to do is stay quiet. Especially in Raids like Crown and Scourge where the encounters are dependent on you knowing your role. Just speak up, it's ok. They'll explain it to you.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    You're already there, you're already on your mic, you're already dying, and you're already wiping. Just speak up please.

    submitted by /u/OmNomShivan
    [link] [comments]

    One of my fireteam members drew our fireteam, asked me to post it for them.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    To the Golden Titan I met on Nessus today...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    I met you on the leviathan ship at Watcher's Grave. On your sparrow, after turning around from Werner 99-40 I just saw you ramming your sparrow against the wall behind W90-40 so many times you blew it up. You died along with it from the explosion. I revived you and then proceeded to summon your vehicle once more ramming it against the wall again, until it blew up only this time not dying with it.

    So I decided to join you. Ramming my sparrow along with yours until it exploded from the damage. We did that 3 more times and then you stopped. As did I. You went to a nearby cliff and started shooting at one of the public events. I crouched by you and did the same.

    Once it was over went over there to get our loot and soon afterwards we emoted.

    I called my shot. I pumped up. I prepared a snack. I drew out my hand cannon. I waved wackliy. I flicked my wrist. I flipped my knife. I even flipped a coin. I bamboozled. I sat on my chair. We danced. A lot. We fist bumped each other. We felt sad. We synced together our emotes. And yet in the midst of all that we did public events as they came.

    And then you pulled out your ghost, and I immediately knew what was about to be done so I switched one of my emotes to a salute and saluted you. You saluted back. I saluted again. You saluted again. Then we saluted in snyc...

    We rode together one last time. To the hallows. You with your Micro Mini and me with my Burnout... destined to meet again one day....

    I don't know where you have gone. Maybe you are still on Nessus, but regardless I want you to know... that I salute you.

    submitted by /u/iranoZ
    [link] [comments]

    So many Guardians in Crucible must be starving...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Everytime I'm there all I see is this Gnawing Hunger.

    submitted by /u/Firehawk195
    [link] [comments]

    Banshee is selling Wrath of Rasputin armor mod

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    A season of Worthy mod. Grab it while you can.

    submitted by /u/HaoranC
    [link] [comments]

    Solo Flawless’d all three dungeons within two days. Loadouts, tips and LOADS of rambling inside.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/vGBo7Tc

    I don't usually make long posts on Reddit so let's hope the formatting doesn't collapse in on itself.

    After weeks of trying, I finally got the last of the essential Taken mods (still missing Taken Spec, sadly) and that drove me to attempt Throne. With it out of the way, and emboldened by success and a complete disregard of my personal wellbeing, I decided to knock out the other two as well. A couple friends asked me for tips so I figured I should consolidate my experiences for anyone else who might benefit from it.

    So let's get down to it:

    General:

    • Let's get this out of the way: yes, I used Warlock and yes I have Mountaintop and Anarchy. You can chip at Kell Echo without Anarchy and you don't necessarily need Mountaintop for anything but both help immensely (and is probably why MT is being sunset 👀).

    • You'll want Taken AND Hive Barrier on at all times for both Throne and Prophecy. Hive mods work on Taken Hive (which you will encounter a lot of) and the effects stack. You'll also encounter a mix of Hive and Taken enemies during Dul so, yeah, keep both on.

    • Stats on armor are honestly largely irrelevant as your mods and class skills are the determining factors here. Use the appropriate combinations of mods (Hive/Taken as well as the standard Minor/Major/Boss/Concussive mods) and you'll be good.

    • Killing red bars quickly during all encounters is ESSENTIAL. This probably goes without saying but bosses themselves are pretty non-threatening with the right setups. It's the trash that's scary.

    • The right mindset is key. Again, goes without saying, but if you believe you can succeed, you can. And I believe in you, too. Don't panic if things look bad (which is why I recommend Warlock, Devour is dumb) and if you do die, I recommend still pushing through as it allows you to experiment and feel out the next encounter(s) without any stress.

    Throne:

    Pre-Ogre is straightforward. I used Devourlock with Mountaintop, Trinity Ghoul and god roll Falling Guillotine with boss spec. Take out as many things at range as you can wherever possible, play around that yellow bar Taken Captain after the first encounter carefully (that thing is unironically one of the scariest parts of the dungeon) and kill the ogres on the platforming section as safely as you can.

    • The Ogre encounter is actually a lot easier than you'd think.

    For this you'll want: Middle tree Dawnblade, a good Void weapon with anti-barrier rounds (I used Gnawing Hunger), Falling Guillotine, the aforementioned Hive and Taken Barrier mods, and Taken Repurposing to get your grenade back every time you break a Wizard's shield.

    -Your Primary and Exotic options are flexible. I personally used Crimson for additional healing in a pinch and Phoenix Protocol for... additional healing in a pinch (specifically, so that I'd get Well back faster if I ever had to drop it pre-damage phase to not die).

    The strategy here is to kill the red bars as quickly as possible while also keeping yourself healthy with your grenade and the terrain wherever you can. You get your grenade back every time you break a Wizard's barrier thanks to Taken Repurposing so you'll have no short supply of them if you deliberately wait for their shields to return as you make your way around the arena.

    In short, kill the red bars, get all the Wizards to Finisher range before killing any, deposit the buff and drop your Well at the ogre's feet for a easy one phase with Guillotine.

    After this, I went back to pre-ogre loadout until I hit Dul.

    Dul is straightforward and has more temporary safespots than the ogre (there's a big pillar you can hide behind at the main overlook as long as you're mindful of the knights) but it felt harder by virtue of it having a lot more things that can go wrong (getting pounded by all three knights simultaneously in Well will... kill you).

    For this fight, I used Middle Dawnblade with Mountaintop, Riskrunner (for the Arc resist) and Guillotine with Phoenix Protocol as a safety net for my Super. You can use Hive Invigoration here to get Rift back whenever you kill a Knight if you want but it's not mandatory.

    Use Riskrunner to wipe out the Psions. Chip at the Knights while remaining mindful of your own health and once you feel it's safe (I recommend getting them all low but it's not really necessary, just safer), drop Well at Dul, quickly kill the Knights with your sword and spin to win for a one phase.

    Pit:

    Pre-Totem is straightforward. I used Devourlock with Mountaintop, Eriana's Vow (to kill the shielded Wizards in one of the rune rooms) and Guillotine for pretty much everything until the Totem.

    • The Totem encounter of Pit (the one after the ogre 'maze') is the hardest encounter of any of the dungeons if you do it legitimately. I couldn't cheese it consistently so I ended up doing just that!

    You'll want Devour (seriously), Mountaintop, Trinity Ghoul and Guillotine. Use Trinity to wipe out anything that's not a Knight (and to kill the Boomer Knights if you can't aim MT under stress like me). You'll typically want to kill the Boomers as quickly as possible, first if you can, but sometimes that isn't always feasible so play accordingly. You can use a well-aimed Nova Vortex to kill a Boomer or two but I personally got more use out of it using it as an additional source of Devour in a pinch.

    Simple on paper but harder in execution. Don't be afraid to take this part slowly if you have to as you need ten stacks to wipe and they build slowly.

    • I personally used Nezarec here to help with my cooldowns but your choice of armor is flexible as long as you can avoid dying. You can also use Hive Invigoration to get your Rift back after you kill an orb dropping Knight and Enhanced Unflinching Grenade Launcher aim helps immensely here if you have it as well.

    Zulmak is a joke. Like, seriously, if you get this far the only thing that can feasibly cost you your run is a disconnection.

    I used Middle Dawnblade with Phoenix Protocol and the same loadout as the Totem encounter. Hive Invigoration helps out a lot.

    Start off by using Trinity to wipe out the red bar Acolytes in your immediate vicinity and any others you can safely pick off since they don't respawn until after the damage phase. After that, kill one of the big Knights to get a sword and kill the Shrieker (preferably after killing the Acolytes in its area if you can). You don't HAVE to kill the Shrieker off the bat but it's the easiest of the three and you can use its area as a safe spot until everything respawns after the damage phase.

    Don't worry too much about dunking any of the void orbs until after the Wizard and Knight are dead. If any orbs disappear, they come back once all three are down.

    Some Thralls spawn in once you dunk an orb but Trinity handles those quickly.

    Once you dunk the final orb, drop Well at Zulmak (pay no mind to the immense number of cursed thrall that spawn in because literally nothing can kill you in Well) and spin to win until he readies his nuke. Repeat until you win.

    Prophecy:

    • My loadout for most of this was static: I used Ophidian Aspect with Hive and Taken Barrier, Hive Invigoration and Taken Armaments for all encounters with me only changing class and weapons as needed. I also kept Enhanced Unflinching GL aim.

    • Skip the first encounter. Seriously, do it. 👀

    The Phalanx is an exercise in add clearing (i.e. use Trinity). I used Middle Dawnblade, Mountaintop, Trinity, and Guillotine. Use Trinity to wipe out the Psions and then... do the mechanic. Drop Well at the boss once damage phase starts and spin to win for a one phase.

    • For the Wasteland, I swapped Mountaintop for a kinetic shotgun (literally any one is fine) to clear Blights. Also changed to Devourlock for the rest of the dungeon.

    • The Hexahedron is pretty simple. Use Trinity to wipe out any Acolytes you can reach while also very carefully trying to figure out where the Hobgoblins are (if you get lucky, one will spawn in your line of sight and you can Mountaintop it the moment it appears). Every time you kill a Hobgoblin, a Knight spawns and vice versa which is a fact you need to keep in mind as you proceed (the Hobgoblins are far scarier than the Knights so it may benefit you to keep only the Knights in play).

    The bosses are easily dispatched by Guillotine. Drop a Rift where the first one will spawn and use your Super to help kill the other.

    • Taken Invigoration works on the Knights but seemingly NOT the Hobgoblins.

    • Don't be afraid to walk for portions of Ribbon Road. I unironically did just because I didn't want to deal with something going catastrophically wrong somehow and being unable to recover from it as I slowly drift into the void. I did take the platforms down toward the end though.

    • I actually had two loadouts for Kell Echo. I used the MT/Trinity/Guillotine standard while working toward the damage phase but swapped to Point of the Stag with Minor Spec (any bow should work if you don't have Stag) and Anarchy before entering the sand.

    Kill the Psions with Trinity and try to get rid of one of the Kell Echoes as quickly as you can (you can use a Rift to help as you'll get it back immediately after killing a Knight). Once you have one corner of the room as a safe spot, the difficulty of the encounter plummets dramatically. Handle the encounter accordingly.

    • When all of the Ogres/Kells are gone, Knights stop spawning but groups of Psions will continue to spawn in on a long timer. There's nothing forcing you to enter the sand once it's prepped so you can farm these for Heavy ammo and orbs of Light as needed.

    Use Mountaintop and Anarchy to continue dealing damage to the boss as you move while also using your bow to pick off the Hobgoblins. After the damage phase, I switched back to my other loadout before entering the sand. Rinse and repeat.

    submitted by /u/Zayplus
    [link] [comments]

    Finishers should count for Swashbuckler

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Unless you have a mod that specifically grants an overshield after finishers (which there are only two of, and neither are meta defining) finishers kinda leave you out in the open able to be killed. There is only so much i-frames available to the player when killing an enemy that would make the risk-reward ratio not as bad.

    submitted by /u/Leonard_Church814
    [link] [comments]

    An Idea for the Deathbringer Catalyst to Make it Much More Viable

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I love using Deathrbringer, and recently I've been using it with the new Argent Ordnance mod just for fun, but I was thinking how it could truly be a meta/somewhat meta weapon, and this is what I came up with for a potential catalyst:

    Concenrated Cataclysm: Lock onto a target before firing to focus all void orbs onto that target. Locking onto a target increases the damage they take from Deathbringer orbs.

    This would keep the strong ad clear potential of the weapon while also allowing you to do focused DPS on a boss, not only guaranteeing the orbs all focus onto it but also increasing the damage (in theory) enough to make it usable over something like Izanagi's, Xenophage, etc, in some instances.

    I really hope Deathbringer, as decent as it is now imo, gets a catalyst that really makes it usable in the endgame or in at least some higher level content. My biggest peeve with it is how it sometimes tracks away from high health targets when you want to do focused damage, and I think something like this would propel it to be used a lot more.

    submitted by /u/WistfulAether
    [link] [comments]

    175 unique reddit posts asking for sensitivity options on console

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    I searched "sensitivity" in this reddit's search query box. Here's what I found.

    I knew there were a lot of posts and that this is a highly requested addition, but I wanted to see how many posts there were on this reddit about the topic. I could only scroll backward in time to 8 months ago, my Reddit app doesn't show anything older than 8 months. But if about 175 posts on this topic are happening every 8 months, that makes this one of if not the most highly requested feature of all Bungie Pls posts on this subreddit of 1.6 million redditors.

    I also found a smattering (37) amount of posts asking for a setting to disable aim smoothing or add an aim acceleration slider.

    I found 127 posts asking that Traction be a game setting we can toggle on or off. Most of the posts seem written by someone else annoyed that they have to use an armor mod slot just turn at the speed they've set their look sensitivity at. Many of them were cross-topic posts asking for better look sensitivity options, and frustrated that they can't turn or aim fast enough.

    There are so many different posts about the controller settings that I think it's necessary at this point that Bungie just overhaul the settings menu on console. Many of these requests have several thousand upvotes and there are countless comments confirming whats written in the posts, there are tens of thousands of upvotes in total. If that's not true-blue legitimate feedback from the Destiny community, I don't know what is.

    submitted by /u/ragnarokfps
    [link] [comments]

    Is eriana's vow worth spending my cipher on?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I was going to save my cipher for the next season in case they offer weapons I want more than the current batch, but the more I think about it, the more I think eriana's vow might be worth buying.

    Is it worth spending the cipher on, or should I wait? It seems like kind of a niche gun but I'd like to hear your guys opinions.

    Edit: I bought it. It's amazing. Literally my favorite gun now

    submitted by /u/__Obie__
    [link] [comments]

    I would love to see a 1KV catalyst that can only be dropped from doing Riven legit.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    It would be a great way to teach some players this fantastic encounter.

    submitted by /u/iPatrickDev
    [link] [comments]

    The Status of the Cabal: A Followup to my Fallen House post

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    Hello again! If you don't know the drill here, I made a post recapping where all the Fallen Houses are as of right now before Beyond Light. You can see it here if interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/hx7039/where_are_the_fallen_houses_now_a_recap_before/?sort=new

    Seeing as people enjoyed my work and wanted me to cover the Cabal, now is the time. This is going to go over every Cabal faction from D1, the Red Legion, and Emperor Calus' loyalists.

    Here we go.

    The Blind Legion: Beaten to a pulp before the Red War. Fate unknown. This Vex-obsessed Legion on Mars suffered large amounts of casualties thanks to our doing, other unknown Guardians who had a thing for dancing on Cabal corpses, and Oryx's arrival turning 35% of their troops into Taken. Their state as of the Red War was unknown, so I'm assuming that means one of two things: Their remnants were absorbed by Ghaul, or they were wiped out by the time the Reds arrived.

    The Dust Giants: Scattered and deserted. Supposedly in their prime, they were the "elite" Cabal on Mars, with famous members including the legendary (for the wrong reasons) Valus Ta'aurc. After Ta'aurc was assassinated by us truly, they took another big hit, 39% to be exact, when Oryx showed up. It has been confirmed that they did survive the Red War, as its soldiers either took up arms with Ghaul, or deserted the Giants to join the Spider in his Syndicate.

    The Ice Reapers: If not destroyed, crippled beyond belief. The Reapers included the three Psion Flayer bosses from the Dust Palace strike in D1 (remember their cool cloaks?), and these Flayers were their only known leadership. Already in a tight spot due to small numbers, the Reapers lost all their leadership in one fell swoop, and any remnants have disappeared off the face of Sol. There are rumors that they have a presence on Europa, but this is unlikely.

    The Sand Eaters: Demoralized and wiped out. Being the biggest Cabal legion on Mars comes with its drawbacks, as Oryx clearly proved when he slaughtered and Took over half of the Sand Eaters' numbers. This only worsened as Guardians took out two Bracuses, leaving leadership a tough question to answer. It is implied that when Ghaul arrived, a few Cabal Legions revolted and fought against Ghaul for Calus. Since they no longer have a presence in the System, it is assumed they were obliterated by the Red Legion; any survivors would likely have been welcomed by Calus with open arms.

    The Siege Dancers: Absorbed into the Red Legion. Despite being a Dust Giant, Valus Ta'aurc led this detachment of Cabal stormtroopers, so his loss also impacted this group as well. Guardians continued to remove Siege Dancer commanders from existence, but their presence was still large enough to be acknowledged by the Red Legion as they arrived. They opposed Calus making them a good opportunity for extra troops for the Red Legion. It is very likely all of the Siege Dancers joined the Legion, as they no longer have a presence in Sol.

    The Skyburners: Achieved victory, from a certain point of view. It wasn't until TTK that the Skyburners started suffering losses, and when they did, they lost hard. They lost most of their fleet and arms on Phobos as Oryx ravaged them, then their Primus was Taken, then we killed the Bond Brothers, destroying any chance of a pyrrhic victory (a victory that also cripples/destroys the victors), and finally they were driven back to their beachead on the Dreadnaught. When all was lost, Ghaul arrived, and any Skyburners left considered their struggle won at last as they died or joined the Red Legion.

    The Red Legion: Utterly defeated. Except maybe not. Though the Red Legion definitely made their presence known in the System as they conquered the City and all the territory they lost, it was the definition of short-lived. Let's put on a recap on their losses.

    - Ghaul is killed by the Traveler. The fleets above the City are pushed back or destroyed.

    - Bracus Zahn, their arms dealer, is assassinated.

    - Kargen, the Technocrat is killed before he can fully harness Vex technology.

    - Val Ca'uor's attempt to kill Calus and rebuild the Legion fails, and the Red Legion loses most of its fleet to the Leviathan's heavy weapons.

    - A group of Cabal led by Ghalak, Forge Warden fails to capture Black Armory tech.

    - Niruul, Ozletc, and Tazaroc attempt to use the Sundial to reverse the outcome of the Red War. They are killed once in their bodily forms and for good when they combine souls to form Inotam.

    - Amtec, the sister of the Sundial's Psion Flayers, plots the Almighty on a collision course with the City as a last-ditch effort to end humanity. Rasputin destroys the Almighty.

    The only significant Cabal left in the Red Legion is Caiatl, the daughter of Calus and the Heir Apparent to the Legion. She seeks to raise the Legion to fighting strength once again. Whether she will succeed is unknown.

    The Loyalists: A faction that has grown fat with strength and numbers. With the Legion's numerous losses, many Cabal have sworn their loyalty to Emperor Calus, trading their oil and blood-stained armor for gold and purple garments. The Loyalists are easily the largest and strongest Cabal army in Sol under the Emperor's command, and have at times even allied with us under Calus' wishes. As the Pyramids arrive in Sol, how Calus will react, and if the Loyalists will remain unlikely allies, is up for debate.

    TL;DR: Most of the Cabal Legions have been absorbed into the Legion one way or another, with a couple choosing to fight Ghaul, believing in Calus to save their race. The Red Legion itself is on the brink of collapse after their complete humiliation by both us and Calus, but Caiatl is the best chance the Legion has of ever reuniting. Calus' legion itself is the strongest faction left and will only continue to spread its influence to curry the emperor.

    TL;TL;DR: can the red legion just die already jesus fucking christ please

    submitted by /u/TrueMagolord
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe its just me, but I would rather have some Bright Dust every couple ranks over a Bright Engram with an extended Bright Dust section.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    I'd love to hear your thoughts on this but I would much rather have the Mnemonic Engram contents in the Bright Dust section of Eververse so I can buy what I want. I prefer to slowly work towards things over getting garbage in Bright Engrams and only getting what I want every once in a while. I don't know a good amount of Bright Dust per rank but maybe something like 25 or 50 each rank so you could buy something you actually want every 20 or so ranks with other Bright Dust sources.

    submitted by /u/astrowhale98
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope the House of Light comes into play more in Beyond Light

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    I was reading an article by Paul Tassi it was sort of talking about how the pyramids and the traveler are similar beings, in that they aren't an army or a race, but an entity that bestows gifts to people and races. A lot of humanities enemies are our enemies bc they are jealous that the traveler chose us, and not them. Which got me wondering if the House of Light will get any powers of the light, since they chose to be humanity's ally. I know it sounds kind of far fetched, but now I just can't get the whole idea of a dreg launching a nova bomb into our enemies, a vandal whipping out a golden gun, or a captain going into thundercrash. I just thought it would be a pretty cool idea if the traveler rewarded its new ally's with some of the powers it gave us

    submitted by /u/Mcfuckyourshrimp
    [link] [comments]

    Forget Forever 29, now where in Forever 1059 where I'm unable to get a 1060 kinetic or power weapon

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    3 weeks in a row FFS, and it's not like Garden is dropping many of them anyways. I also didn't grind that many bounties so artifact power doesn't give me enough to do GM Nightfalls yet. I'm just tired.

    submitted by /u/GonnSolo
    [link] [comments]

    For the love all that is good in this game can we please do something about the blue post game reward spam???

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Seriously... how long are we going to have to wait for some kind of fix?

    If the blue drop is below my current Power Level it has zero value to me. Just give me the glimmer or shards or whatever.

    I am tired of managing my postmaster and deleting this crap after every match of gambit or crucy or whatever.

    PLEASE FIX!!

    P.S. There is no reason blue gear should push out anything from the postmaster. EVER!!!

    submitted by /u/tytonidaeflight
    [link] [comments]

    RIP mars farm

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Im def. Going to miss being able to block matchmaking to farm Ep. On mars to work on bountys, catalysts etc. It made bounty grind soooooo much more effecient. Also not to mention theres nothing more fun than taking a new gun to abliterate a pack of hive

    Rip escalation protocol

    submitted by /u/LastOfLigma
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie: please make armor in our vaults sortable by set!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    It's just overly time consuming trying to find what armor I want to keep or shred for each character when it's scattered all about. Maybe they could set it up similar to the collections for our armor? Idk, an improvement would be much appreciated though.

    submitted by /u/Wehrwulf311
    [link] [comments]

    Over the past two weeks I have completed all raids with LFGs and I have never raided before

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    TL;DR Raids are awesome. LFGs and sherpas are usually great. Go do them if you haven't already, be willing to learn and you'll have a really good time.

    I've been playing Destiny 2 for a few months during year 1 and the raids were always something I told myself I could never do because non of my friends played Destiny or was interested. After finishing pretty much everything else I quit because I felt burt out and Forsaken didn't interest me (turned out to be a mistake but that's okay). I picked up the game again when it moved to steam and was amazed by the amount of content that was added, and enjoyed doing everything I missed plus the current seasonal content. Still, raids seemed to be something "out of my reach". Moments of triumph changed that. I don't have social anxity but I'm a little bit shy. I saw all the posts here that encourage people to go and try LFG for raids and decided to suck it up and do it.

    First of all, I have to say that I feel like I missed the 'true' Destiny experiance before doing this. Raids are amazing. Moreover, for the most part, the groups I ended up with were truely amazing as well. The sherpas explained the encounters well and everyone was patient when we didn't get things on the first try. The encounters themselves were interesting to learn and were so different (in a good way) from the solo experience. The only exception was SoS, which I truely think CAN be a good experience, but the group I was with didn't really listen to the sherpa and kept fighting over stupid things (pretty sure they knew each other irl). It's more mechanichs heavy than other raids and coordination is crucial for the entire group (in other raids, more experienced players can usually fill the harder roles but for SoS final boss, everyone has to be pretty much on the same page).

    P.S. I have enjoyed LW and GoS the most. They are the most beautiful and diverse in my opinion, but maybe its also because I did them with awesome groups.

    Edit: I use "Destiny 2 PC LFG" on discord. There's also a good sherpa channel there.

    submitted by /u/Shooxi
    [link] [comments]

    I would like tp be able to see exotic armor ornaments within collections.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    We can see all the exotic weapon ornaments but for some reason can't for armor. I've seen quite a few new ornaments on guardians that I had no idea were in the game.

    submitted by /u/JawesomeJess
    [link] [comments]

    [Console] I finally got my first ever Legend rank in Crucible!! (Solo Freelance)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    First legend rank!!

    I know this is nothing special for many out there, but as a PvE main, getting this is right up there for me with solo flawless of dungeon completions. Was so pumped!

    I also recognise that comp isn't a "ladder", because if Legend was the highest rank, I wouldn't be near it at all.

    I'm particularly pleased because it was all in solo freelance, at no point did I enlist the help of pvp-gods for win streaks. It was tempting... especially after losing over 500 points in day, that was painful. But I persevered and managed to claw it back.

    For an average Joe like me (k/d is just over 1.1), the sweat was all too real, every round was important, and boy was my heart pounding hard! It's quite insane how many rounds went to a tiebreaker, or matches went to 3-3.

    Below are some observation and basic tips, I'm no pro to be giving in depth PvP advice!

    What did I learn?

    - MIDA catalyst can now drop at lower ranks, not just after Legend. But needing 200 precision kills, in crucible... haha wtf.

    - Movement is king, and along with this is aerial movement. Keeping your feet on the ground and staying relatively static is asking for death.

    - K/D: Focus first on reducing how often you die (if that's a problem, because dying a lot will reduce lives of your team, and make life harder for stronger players on your side who could carry you to a win). This isn't to just stay back and never engage, but more about learning to disengage and run, then adjust approach play to get more kills, or support play to backup teammates on a push.

    - Comfortable Loadout & Diversity: Use a loadout that your comfortable with. But whatever your main loadout & style, there will be teams where it just won't work. Have alternative weapons at the ready to switch it up. E.g. Mountaintop and Gnawing Hunger was my main, but occasionally would switch it to Vigilance Wing and Elatha FR4.

    - The first 2 rounds do not indicate the outcome of a match. So many matches were completely turned around after what looked like it could be a stomping. Quitters ruin any chance of such comebacks.

    - The longer Warlock melee range is a thing. When I'm not using synthoceps, it was clear that I was getting slapped beyond my own reach. While I could feel the slower warlock melee in the follow up, it rarely made a difference because of the trades...

    - Warlocks: Wow, good players are so good with top tree dawn! Blink with Astrocyte Verse is pretty good too. The low FOV on console makes both these movement abilities effective.

    - Hunters: If optimised, can dodge every ~10s, that's basically every engagement. This is ok, but be wary of combined abilities i.e. invis, health bump, disorientation.

    - Titans: Not that many Titans overall, and there was nothing that Titans did that was problematic specific to the class. That range on Dunemarchers though...

    - Arcstrider will deflect during activation?? I did not know this until it deflected my shield, maybe just the middle tree?

    - I hated facing Jotunn! "Just strafe" really doesn't work most of the time. Titans have it worst with no snap movement that like Hunters and Warlocks have.

    - Snap Movement: Hunter's dodge, and Warlock's Icarus Dash/ blink, are extremely effective in PvP, both defensively and offensively.

    - Hate: You will get hate no matter what you use if the kills are racking up. Don't worry about it, it's all salt. This is competitive, you do you for the best chance of getting wins.

    - Teabagging: You will get teabagged.

    - Starting with a player short/ Quitters/ Errors. This is one of the worst things about comp, especially for those of us who really have to try hard nearly every game. These are serious issues. Why should any match start with uneven teams? Bungie needs to implement a check the moment a match actually begins. Also, losing points for an L that comes from being a man down or players leaving, the way this is handled needs attention too.

    - Melee Trading kills feels bad. I'm sure the opponent sees something different, but I clearly meleed first for the kill, only to then somehow be punched back for the trade.

    - Melee hit registration is pretty broken.

    - Sentinel's roaming ability is the most unreliable in the game due to melee registration issues. Link: It's a liability to use it. This will be a separate post with more examples...

    *******

    If you give this a go, good luck!

    This is one thing on my Destiny bucket list I'm hyped to be ticking off. :)

    submitted by /u/Z3nyth007
    [link] [comments]

    Optimized Bounties For 2020/07/26

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Today is a weird day. Only one Strike and two planets have general bounties worth doing at the normal bounty completion rate. No Crucible, no Gambit, no Forge, and most of the individual planets aren't great either. But what can be done can be done so quickly that it inflates the efficiency. It looks better than it is.

    Deer trivia: On average, a typical deer eats 8 pounds of vegetation per day for every 100 pounds they weigh.


    Step 1 - Try the 12-pound Salad Challenge. Get your name on the Wall of Fame!

    Step 2 - Pick up the following Dailies. Weeklies can be found here.

    Tower Bounties:

    • Zavala Daily – Horseshoes and Hand Grenades – 20 Grenade Kills
    • Zavala Daily – From Downtown – 2 Super Multikills
    • Banshee Daily – Kinetic Calibration – Kill Stuff With Kinetic Guns
    • Ada-1 Daily – Rasmussen Tribute – Power Weapon Kills
    • Prismatic Recaster Daily – Precision Shooter – 50 Precision Kills
    • Prismatic Recaster Daily – Domino Effect – 3 Rapid Multikills

    Planetaries

    • Eris Morn – Moon Cheese – Loot 5 Chests on the Moon
    • Eris Morn – One-Way Ballistics – 15 Kinetic Streak Kills on the Moon
    • Eris Morn – Unscathed Deathdealer – 10 Power Weapon Stream Kills
    • Eris Morn – From Whence They Came – Kill 25 Hive in the Hellmouth
    • Brother Vance – Superlative – 20 Super Kills on Mercury
    • Brother Vance – Vex Vanquisher – 10 Precision Kills on Mercury
    • Brother Vance – Neverending – Clear 7 Sections of the Infinite Forest

    Step 3 - Follow these steps:

    1. Fly TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOON, grab Eris's bounties, then kill 25 Hive in the Hellmouth while looting chests. If your kill bounties aren't finished, slay out in the Altars of Sorrow. (10 minutes)
    2. Fly to Mercury, grab Vance's bounty, then clear the Garden World Strike. (15 minutes)

    Total Non-Elemental Non-Weapon-Specific Bounties Cleared: 11 dailies (and a few you'll clear doing anything else)

    Total Time: 25 Minutes

    Bounties Per Minute: .44

    Rewards:

    • 66,000 XP (unmodified)
    • 12,000 XP per Weekly (unmodified)
    • 10 Vanguard Tokens, 2/8 Vanguard Weekly Challenge
    • 1 Enhancement Core
    • 1 Modulus Report
    • 50 Altered Element
    • 20 Helium Filaments
    • 15 Simulation Seeds

    Season Ranks Per Hour: 1.584

    Extra Weapon/Elemental Specific Bounties:

    • Banshee: Auto Rifle, Trace Rifle, Linear Fusion Rifle Kills
    • Io is easy with Void.
    • Nessus is easy with a Sniper Rifle.
    • If you run Void/Roaming Super/Machine Gun, you can grab several Ada-1 bounties and Devrim Bounties and make the Forge worth it.
    submitted by /u/DeerTrivia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment