• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Solstice 2020 Review

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Solstice 2020 Review


    Focused Feedback: Solstice 2020 Review

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    Focused Feedback is where we take the week to focus on a 'Hot Topic' discussed extensively around the Tower.

    We do this in order to consolidate Feedback, to get out all your ideas and issues surrounding the topic in one place for discussion and a source of feedback to the Vanguard.

    This Thread will be active until next week when a new topic is chosen for discussion

    Whilst Focused Feedback is active, ALL posts regarding 'Solstice 2020 Review' following its posting will be removed and re-directed to this thread. Exceptions to this rule are as follows: New information / developments, Guides and general questions

    Any and all Feedback on the topic is welcome.

    Regular Sub rules apply so please try to keep the conversation on the topic of the thread and keep it civil between contrasting ideas

    A Wiki page - Focused Feedback - has also been created for the Sub as an archive for these topics going forward so they can be looked at by whoever may be interested or just a way to look through previous hot topics of the sub as time goes on.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-08-18]

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    - The Bikro Mini -

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    The Bikro Mini

    I turned my exercise bike into a sparrow modeled after the Micro Mini!

    Crafted from cardboard, hot glue and acrylic paint. I threw on a generator to power some lights while I pedal.

    submitted by /u/Bladimus
    [link] [comments]

    To those two who left, I hope you liked your free defeat.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I was playing a Survival: Freelance match, and the first round didn't go too well. Only got one kill and my teammates and I got trashed on. I noticed one of them left, and thought this would be a hard uphill battle.

    Little did I know, it was about to get a whole lot harder.

    I spawn into the next round and notice my teammate pull out his ghost. He vanished before my very eyes, and, I ain't gonna lie, I lost hope. I let them kill me once.

    When I respawned, I figured I'd try my best to win a round or two. Keep my K/D up and all. I decided that if I was gonna lose, I'll make sure to kick the enemy team in the crotch on the way out.

    Now, I'm rocking shoulder charge hammers with Monte Carlo, Prophet of Doom, and Mk. 44 Stand Asides. A little bit different than my usual setup, but I figured I'd try it out.

    When the second round came around, everything went beautifully.

    Within the first 30 seconds, I knee charged a dude so hard, his brain imploded. Another guy came around the corner and got a taste of what a ramped up Monte Carlo can do. Third guy got me though. A little later in the round, I traded with the enemy Titan, and decided to hide for rest. Won off of life advantage.

    Third round went horribly

    The enemy figured out they couldn't mess around, and decided to combined pushes on my positions. I died three times and loss due to them camping heavy and life advantage.

    I thought to myself, Maybe I can get a second round? It seems like my luck is about to run out. Almost as quick as that thought crossed my mind, I stomped into the ground

    Screw this, I'm winning this shit

    Fourth round went almost exactly like the second. I popped hammers towards the beginning, and slapped a Titan, who thought he was gonna hit an MLG headshot, with the fattest hammer I've ever thrown. During the rest of the round, I evaded all three of them at once and managed to hammer an enemy hunter into the next light-year. Ended up winning based on life advantage.

    The fifth round ended pretty close. Nearly got sniped twice while evading a hunter and all of them managed to converge on me in a corner, leaving me with little to do but pray I take one of them down with me. I ended the round with one life left while they had none.

    The last round came up. My veins were pumping non-stop with adrenaline. This is it, I thought, This is where I make Lord Shaxx proud

    The team managed to grab Wardcliff ammo, and as I was popping my last hammers, he sent me fizzling into the afterlife with arc powered mini rockets. I may have lost the hammers, but one of the hunters had casted golden gun when I died, and, fortunately, he couldn't find where I spawned.

    The last two were holding onto their supers the entire match, but never used them on me. That could've put my comeback to a grinding halt, but I guess they thought they could stop me with guns alone.

    That was their fatal mistake.

    I was charging the Titan with my hammer strike, but missed. He ended up supressing me, but that couldn't stop my shotgun pellets from blowing a hunters head clean into the atmosphere. Me and the Titan traded, and there was 20 seconds left. I had one more life and the enemy was adamant on taking it from me.

    Two of them charged me from both sides and one had fallen behind. He was pushing up the mid but wasn't fast enough to catch me. I used my overshield to take a couple rounds to the side and managed to dodge the Titan's sniper round.

    I kept running. 3. 2. 1. Game over.

    I turned around and danced in the enemy's face. I won against all odds.

    It was the best feeling ever.

    submitted by /u/SirJigglyIII
    [link] [comments]

    Solstice has taught us that everyone DOES know how to make the Taken Blight Event heroic.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Title.

    And the other events, too. I like killing Fallen Walkers. I LOVE killing TWO Fallen Walkers.

    submitted by /u/HeliosActual
    [link] [comments]

    my least favorite line to hear in an lfg raid voicechat

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    "i played since beta, i'm a veteran"

    yeah cool man is that why you forgot to throw the ball to me in spire? is that why you constantly belittle EVERYONE else because you're a "veteran destiny player"

    this bothers the hell out of me for some reason because i really don't think anyone cares that you played since beta, i'm sure half of the community has, it's just some weird "not excuse" to try and look high and mighty when you screw up crown of sorrow for the 16th run

    submitted by /u/Prismeou
    [link] [comments]

    Please stop saying masterwork when telling people about solstice armor steps. Completing the steps does not masterwork the armor set.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    It just gives you the white glow.

    submitted by /u/RazerBandit
    [link] [comments]

    "The Veil" - Digital art

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/l3IPTjt.jpg

    I wanted to explore with the veil looked like, based off some early concept art and the statue inside the pyramid ship. I wouldn't really put this as "spoiler" territory either because this is just guesswork based off stuff we've all already seen.

    I know this subreddit hasn't had much access to my content so I wanted to share with you some of the greatest hits you might've missed in my absence.

    If you'd like, you can check out my twitter here: https://twitter.com/TheGammatrap/status/1264165749297418240

    submitted by /u/TheGammatrap
    [link] [comments]

    Raid Gear doesn’t feel specialized anymore

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    TLDR: raid weapons don't have any flair anymore. New perk combinations or stats but nothing that's really NEW or SPECIAL. Not powerful, but special.

    Anyone else feel this way? The more I look back at old raids from D1 like Wrath of the Machine and King's fall, the more I feel like D2 is really lacking in the quality of raid loot.

    King's Fall offered new perks (as far as I remember) but the crown jewel was Wrath of the Machine which featured unique perks that doubled down on common/underused perks as well as intrinsic properties that increased their effectiveness in the raid. All weapons did more damage to fallen and a lot of the armor had perks which helped you survive during raid encounters like increased armor while holding a siva charge.

    I feel like Destiny 2 is in a place where fun, unique perks and ideas like this aren't present anymore. Gear isn't specialized but instead is generalized to fit all activities, one of the causes of sunsetting in my eyes. If Gear was more tailored to specific activities, I'd voluntarily change my load-out and shift my play-style for each activity rather than use the same 5 weapons for everything because there would be reason to switch. Since weapons like mountaintop, recluse, etc are such powerful options in every activity, there's little reason for players to use something new.

    Maybe I'm wrong but I hope what I wrote makes sense. I personally would prefer gear that's powerful with LESS adaptability/coverage rather than gear that has power AND adaptability/coverage. What does everyone else think? I absolutely crave those intrinsic perks specific to activities like the raid because otherwise all it really is is more loot that looks cool. Sorry for the rant.

    Edit: So this really isn't about the armor as much as it is about the weapons. People keep pointing out the Garden of Salvation mods and those I loved but they aren't the point of this post. My focus is on the weapons. Also, I don't want these raid weapons to be more powerful than other weapons, I just want them to be special and unique like the non-meta pinnacle weapons were with perks like "Meganura" or seraph rounds that can roll on the ikelos weapons. I do t want the same perks on re-run on raid weapons as if new perk combinations make a huge difference. I want some flair.

    submitted by /u/Chocolate4444
    [link] [comments]

    After running Strange Terrain 57 times, I finally got the Braytech Osprey

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    I know plenty of people have already gotten it so this is nothing impressive, but after my 30th try I was starting to wonder if it was worth my time. If I ever do Strange Terrain again it would be too soon.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Emerion
    [link] [comments]

    With the extra weeks we have if this season, can eververse just sell a whole load of old items?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    I just want shifting loyalties man. It's taunting me from collections.

    submitted by /u/CinnamonMan25
    [link] [comments]

    If Bungie made a Rare (Blue) the most powerful weapon in the game through a patch, would anyone notice?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    For all we know Bungie might've done this numerous times in the past as a tongue-in-cheek joke, "They'll auto-dismantle it anyway, so no harm done!"

    submitted by /u/Universal-Omnicide
    [link] [comments]

    When Empowered by Elemental Orbs, Casting a Matching Super Greatly Increases the Duration.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    This is the same as last year's event, but I thought I'd mention it for players who are playing this event for the first time. Whenever you become empowered with the daily element, activating a roaming super that aligns with the daily element will cause the super meter to deplete much slower than usual. Really useful for EAZ, Crucible, and murdering alien hoards in strikes! :P

    If this was already posted, then I'm sorry, it just means that "elemental orbs super" is not the way to search it up.

    EDIT: Might as well add what the elemental empowerments do as well:

    Solar: Health regeneration and Solar flare attack

    Arc: Increased melee and sword damage and mobility

    Void: Crouching turns you invisible

    submitted by /u/Zoomyman3612
    [link] [comments]

    More Luna's howl/ the devil you know/ fatebringer looking handcannons please??

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    That's it. That's the post. The guns look dope.

    submitted by /u/mistrmarks
    [link] [comments]

    Ikora has the most hair out of all the vanguard.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Think about it.

    submitted by /u/noahmomo1
    [link] [comments]

    Decrypt your extra umbrals

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    At this point in the season, it may seem easier to just let your umbral engrams sit in the postmaster until the end of time. Don't. after getting Umbral Enhancement II, there is a chance that an unfocused engram can decrypt into an exotic.

    TL;DR: Free exotics

    submitted by /u/Perhaps_A_Pear
    [link] [comments]

    Once a year all ornaments should be available for silver/bright dust.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    I think once per year Bungie should sell ornaments from all previous seasons like how Overwatch does with the yearly anniversary with all their skins. This way they still get to keep their FOMO for at least a year.

    Only 1% of players (on Light GG) own the ornament Still Hungry for Gnawing Hunger, a gun that most everyone is using this season. It hasn't been seen since season 6.

    It's like Bungie doesn't want our money.

    submitted by /u/YippeeKai-Yay
    [link] [comments]

    Wow the Shattered Throne is a beautiful piece of content!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Made my way through the shattered throne for the first time this weekend, and I must say that the location/space design is outstanding, and both bosses are challenging and fun to solo. The super-major knights and Dul Incaru are really works of art.

    submitted by /u/DirtyMartiniKLPSN
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny 2 will never be a competitive pvp game...

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    And I'm okay with that.

    I've heard a lot of crucible sweats, and while I know this doesnt count for all, try and argue how destiny is a competitive pvp game and i would disagree every single time.

    For one, no other competitive pvp game has bullet magnetism, a busted mechanic that is absolute hell to play around.

    I've not heard of a competitive fps which gives individual levels of aim assist to different guns and in destiny you can spec for more aim assist. The iron banner auto can get up to 97.

    So here's the harsh truth for all of you who think being the top in destiny means something to other fps games.

    This game will never be a competitive fps, all of your 'scrims' mean jack shit.

    For destiny to be competitive it would have to remove its core crutches (bullet magnetism/ varying degrees of aim assist.), supers, exotics and heavy weapons.

    Which I would never want as that takes the fun out of destiny.

    I will make this point as it does tie into other fps games. Aim assist can be fine in a competitive environment as long as it's an equal distribution across all weapons.

    You can downvote this, argue about it, but it's true. Crucible sweats, the 'best of the best' just aren't willing to accept that.

    Edit: After receiving several harassing dm's, I will no longer be responding to messages in this thread. C'mon people you couldn't keep it civil and have a debate? Yeesh.

    submitted by /u/inertia_HWK
    [link] [comments]

    Been trying to get my buddy into D2. The New Light struggle is real.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Keep in mind, this is a few hours into the game now too.
    https://imgur.com/9sWMP2G.

    submitted by /u/SudoPro
    [link] [comments]

    The tickrate in Gambit is painfully bad.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    The amount of times I'll kill enemies and run through to catch the motes only to notice when I'm half way across to the bank that I haven't picked up half of them is so infuriating.

    submitted by /u/bradmcc123
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the old bright dust sources...

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    In order to put the legendary ships and sparrows from bright engrams into some good use, we should be able to dismantle them into bright dust like before, while still being able to guarantee consistent bright dust income with bounties. Half the stuff in the bright engrams is worthless and just wastes your time as you dismantle it anyway, so they should either be removed or be able to be dismantled into bright dust again so that we can get the cosmetics we actually want.

    submitted by /u/chigga-feggit
    [link] [comments]

    I dont know if u guys know this, but if u have bad perks on ur sparrow, u can go into collections and keep on buying it to get different perks.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    My friend told me about this, so i kept on rebuying my favorite sparrow, and eventually i got a micro mini with instant summon.

    Also it keeps its roll stabilizers (at least the micro mini)

    I thought this was a very cool tip, and it helped me out a lot!

    submitted by /u/Jacqurx
    [link] [comments]

    We need more areas like the EAZ

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    For a game that offers so much verticle mobility, its often disappointing that so many destinations are focused around ground level combat.

    after playing a few rounds of the EAZ i can honestly say i rly enjoy the layout of it. being able to jump up onto roof tops to snipe enemies or launch coordinated rockets at bosses with my fireteam honestly feels like something that destiny needs more of. it makes u feel like a true badass to snipe 5 bosses in a row instead of the usual run up to it and hold mouse 1

    i honestly think the EAZ should become a permenant area in the EDZ that players can visit. its quickly becoming a favourite activity for me when im done doing the daily bounties and whatnot.

    Perhaps in patrol mode, the EAZ could have a public event that functions similar to how it does right now, where u have 5 minutes to kill as many minibosses as u can, but instead for every 5 or 10 minibosses u kill, a boss will spawn and u have a time limit to kill it. once killed, chests spawn on the dead bodies of all the bosses and minibosses u killed in that run, rather than at random locations. put it on cooldown for 10-15 minutes and i personally think that would make for a pretty cool public event style activity. In addition, the minibosses wont be marked as objectives, they will need to be hunted down visually

    submitted by /u/TheSting117
    [link] [comments]

    There should be more ways of getting Solstice Packages rather than ONLY the EAZ

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Let's make one thing clear. The EAZ is a wonderfully designed space and it can be fun to traverse through the zone with its verticality that we are generally not accustomed to.

    HOWEVER

    it is our only source of Solstice Packages

    Upon getting the Magnificent set, you may be wondering how you get more armor pieces for more desirable stat distributions. Armor only comes from the Solstice Packages, and Solstice Packages come only from the EAZ. While the EAZ is fun for the first few runs, it should not be the ONLY source of Solstice Packages.

    Allowing them to drop from the core activities (Strikes, Gambit, Crucible) would be much better for multiple reasons: 1. To avoid burnout from constantly grinding the EAZ

    1. This is an event where we celebrate our triumphs from the various activities we have completed in Year 3. Why can't we expect to get the armor from the activities required for the title/seal.

    2. It is so difficult and so very annoying to get the armor piece you want from the Solstice Package AS WELL AS the stat distribution you would like. Some may argue that stats don't matter but if Hunters can dodge every 9 seconds with 100 mobility, I would say that they do matter.

    Thank you for reading~~ and heads up kings and queens

    submitted by /u/-Dalgona-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment