• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Destiny Community Focus Pesty

    Destiny Community Focus Pesty


    Community Focus Pesty

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49624


    Our focus this week is one of the spectacular artists from our community. His work is iconic and his style is instantly recognizable. We wanted to hear more about how he creates these unique depictions of Destiny characters and gear.

    Please meet Pesty.

    Hi! Ok, why don't you start by sharing a little about yourself?

    Pesty: Hey! My names Ian, but most people know me as Pesty or by my online handle IanPesty. Art and Gaming has always been a constant in my life. From a childhood full of drawings and playing on the earliest versions of home computers and gaming consoles, to studying Visual Art at University, then on to a career in the games industry as a Concept Artist and Art Director.

    I first got into Destiny when I purchased my PlayStation 3, around the same time as The Dark Below [was released], but it wasn't until the lead up to the release of Rise of Iron that I began creating Destiny-themed artwork, when I sketched and painted an Iron Banner Titan with Flaming Axe (which was a Destiny T-shirt contest winner) and I have never stopped painting Destiny themed art since then!

    Tell us more about how you create these beautiful pieces. Take us through your process from inspiration to finishing touches.

    Pesty: I find the experience of playing Destiny stays with me even when I am not playing it; I feel this is one of the reasons I am inspired to translate it to my own personal artwork. Typically [when] I see an aspect of Destiny that really speaks to my particular taste, I like to look for a way to represent it in my art but with the addition of my own personal twist – the face grill of the OEM torn free to reveal a grinning skull, Trials armour immortalised in the form of a sarcophagus, 'Guardian Down' reflected in reverse on a bullet-cracked visor, the aspects of Saint-14 summarised as a heraldic coat of arms...

    Image Linkimgur

    My process varies but typically I collect a series of ideas and sketches that steadily grow and evolve into a clearer image; those which I feel compelled to translate to the page are the ones that make the cut. I really enjoy working in the evenings whilst listening to atmospheric soundtracks and podcasts to get me in the mood; with copious mugs of tea – most of which I forget to drink and go cold.

    [[data-content-id='49625' data-template-type='Inline' data-asset-width='45%']]

    Over the past four years of creating Destiny-themed art my approach has varied, though stylisation has remained a theme. This past couple of years I have settled on a more consistent style, at its core it's tonal – black and white, I utilise colour sparingly and purposefully where it complements the character of the piece. Lighting, composition and mood is a major component, I like to work close in on a subject and at high detail.

    Most notable is the mark making, as it's expressed through etch-like hatching and texture -- the amount of brushstrokes used to create a piece is possibly insane, but there's a Zen to it I enjoy.

    Overall it's important to me to produce a piece that excites and challenges me in terms of style and subject, something that is visually arresting and inspires conversation, something I enjoy and feel would look cool framed on a wall.

    Wow! That sounds both relaxing and exhausting. Tell us about you as a Guardian -- what has been your favorite Subclass and weapons?

    Pesty: I'm die-hard Hunter. Nightstalker, Way of the Trapper, everything set to max mobility/invisibility. I love being able to play out the fantasy of a highly agile invisible assassin -- I do miss the Sealed Ahamkara Grasps' "double smoke grenades" evilness of Destiny 1 though... With regards to weapons I have a few that I never get tired of: Quickfang for its speed, clean visual style, and that run animation obviously; a particular Trust "Dragonfly, Rampage" roll whose pyrotechnics always makes me smile; and a collection of Pulses ([Claws of the Wolf] and Vigilance Wing) and Scouts ([Randy's Throwing Knife] and Jade Rabbit) are my poison of choice for the Crucible.

    Nightstalker, I see you are a man of culture as well. Do you have upcoming project ideas or works in progress you want to give a peek at?

    Pesty: I'm currently working on the third and final (Titan) piece in the series of Sarcophagus of the Exile artworks I've been creating. I've also began chewing on an idea for a Festival of the Lost themed piece which I'm keen to sink my teeth into.

    [[data-content-id='49627' data-template-type='Inline' data-asset-width='45%']]

    Can't wait to see them. Tell us about your favorite Destiny memory, either in-game or outside of it with the community.

    Pesty: I feel that any time I get the opportunity to play alongside my community friends/artists are my favourites. I recently raided with fellow Destiny artists Kob, Brian Moncus, Pherian, Emily Megan with hilarious results. I also completed the Prophecy Dungeon with Mekki and Plain Ben and my first experience of Trials was with Jake Myler and Mekki carrying my ass if I remember rightly...

    Outside the game, my favourite aspect of Destiny is how welcoming and supportive the Destiny community and Bungie community and dev teams have been. Travelling from the UK to GuardianCon/GCX and having a table in artist alley was truly an unforgettable experience -- one I look forward to repeating every year now. The Destiny community has a wealth of creative and supportive individuals who I am lucky to call friends - the content they create and the interaction we have is amazing -- it motivates and inspires me. I also have to call out being chosen to be in the first wave of artists featured by Bungie in the Community Artists Series – that was a definite highlight!

    It's always great getting to see you and the community at events. Where can others go to admire your art online?

    Pesty: You can find me on Twitter and on Instagram.

    Image Linkimgur

    This has been fun. Anything else you would like to add before we let you get back to you're art?

    Pesty: I feel I've kept you long enough with my answers, but if I could, I'd like to give a shout-out to my longstanding fireteam partner Brynfinity for suffering through every time I bounced off a ledge, fired my tether into the back of his head, or subjected him to my 'opinions' on Titan shoulder charges. 😀

    Finally, a big thank you for having me on the Community Focus, it's an honour -- another great Destiny memory!

    Let's all send Pesty some thanks for taking the time to share more about his artwork here. Drop by his Twitter and say hi. We have a ton of great artists in the Destiny 2 community. Follow @Bungie on Instagram to see more fantastic community created artwork.

    If you have any suggestions on who we should focus on next let us know us on Twitter or our forums.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2020-10-10]

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie just buffed cipher drop rates again (2x per activity now)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1314717668981710849

    Notably they won't drop from gambit or non-playlist strikes though.

    submitted by /u/anishairplane
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Bungie, thank you for listening to us and buffing the cipher drop rate. It's a great start... but IT'S NOT ENOUGH.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Seriously, Bungie did something to fix this issue within 48 hours of it cropping up, which is awesome. It's apparently still being monitored, which is also nice, because ciphers still feel like they don't drop often, at least for a casual player.

    I'm a New Light who bought the game to help with Covid boredom, and this is my first FotL. I really like everything about this event, but I still need to play (normally; crucible, strikes ect) for around 2-3 hours before getting the 2-4 ciphers that make a forest run enjoyable. The umbral decoder is letting more casual players get access to great rolls on some neat guns without going insane on the grind... why not let us look at rolls on some non-meta ARs without so much suffering?

    The tower looks great, though!

    EDIT: The drop rate has been buffed again. Thanks for the communication u/Cozmo23... everyone else... looks like meat's back on the menu!

    submitted by /u/New_Siberian
    [link] [comments]

    Can I just confirm that”KWTD” on an lfg raid post DOES NOT mean “we shouldn’t have to communicate a plan at all because we’re all on the same page”

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Been too many times where I join a KWTD group and then no one wants to take a minute to talk strategy and then they get all pissy when we die. As if there's only one way to run each encounter and we should all be able to read minds. It's a raid. Expect to die some. Expect to have to talk strategy. Especially when dealing with any strangers. No matter how experienced they/you are. People out here need some patience and realistic expectations lol

    submitted by /u/Redsox3591
    [link] [comments]

    [Tower Thought] Armor that changes your class ability was the perfect opportunity to bring back exotic class items

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Borealis and Hardlight should let us choose its default energy in the inventory screen.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    This seems like such an enormous oversight that would make these mechanics less cumbersome in PvP.

    Especially for Borealis, which actually might have some viability in Crucible again if we could make a tactical choice with it like : " Oh, I'm against a team of Dawn blades in trials, I'll set Borealis to Solar default to help me fight the supers."

    Having to spawn and swap the mag TWICE for solar, for example, is literally the difference between life and death in Crucible. These weapons have been overlooked for what is a really simple mechanic in my opinion.

    Even in PvE, going into any kind of activity with Intel about what we're facing and setting our energy type, why wasn't this shipped with the exotic? It seems so obvious yet we have to hot swap our mags in a spawn and those precious seconds can mean the difference.

    submitted by /u/braket0
    [link] [comments]

    You don’t need to go to Xur today, Hunters!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Yeah, you Hunters got shafted today. Shit exotic. Don't bother going to Xur. Don't even go to Xur for the engram, judging by your exotic today Xur doesn't like you this week. Uhh, don't bother checking social media for Xur news either, you know you can trust me! Whatever you guys do, just ignore Xur this week ok? Just use your precious time to grind out this event instead! (Please I'm begging you)

    submitted by /u/SpagBoii
    [link] [comments]

    BUG: Square (and it's Xbox equivalent) DOES NOT function when your ghost is out meaning dismounting sparrows and ghost inspection is still bugged from update 2.9.0 122 days ago.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    I have been trying to get a particular issue noticed by Bungie since update 2.9.0 (the controller remapping update). At first I referred to it as the dismounting sparrow issue but I came to notice it as not just an issue with dismounting sparrows but one that also affects those situations where you scan an out of reach item or area with your ghost. So if I was to summarise the issue, square no longer functions when you have your ghost out.

    I have been shot down with my persistence on this matter. People have been telling me to just remap the button or that it is working as intended etc... I am telling you now, this is a bug. Let's recreate it...

    This is assuming you have default controls, i.e. no controller remapping and I will be speaking from a PS4 perspective but I have had confirmation that this issue exists across platforms.

    Go to any patrol space and jump on your sparrow. While on your sparrow, bring your ghost out as if you were checking bounty progress. Leave the ghost out and and press square to dismount... doesn't work right? but you can simply press x instead... problem solved? No.

    Go find a scannable that you can "scan from far away". A good example of this Uldren's ship in the Ma'adim Subterrane Lost Sector in Hellas Basin. When near by, your ghost will bleep as if there is a scannable nearby that you can interact with. When you pull out your ghost and point it at the area there will be a kind of camera-zoom-ui-overlay with a "scan" or "inspect" prompt and yep you guessed it, it does not work.

    Now, yes, you can just walk over to the ship and inspect without pulling your ghost first but there are some scannables throughout the world that you can't walk up to. You need the "out of reach" scan function. Yes, you can use X to jump off your sparrow instead but years of muscle memory does not adjust to this well. I've fell off so many cliffs as a result.

    I have reported this so many times on the Bungie forums and a couple of times on here but I am getting radio silence. I know it's a small thing but it's still an unacknowledged bug.

    These functions all worked prior to 2.9.0

    Edit: I see a lot of upvotes as I have done in the past when reporting this but can I suggest you all go and post about it on the bungie forums because multiple reports will get some attention.

    Edit 2: Thank you for the awards! Hopefully we can get this bug noticed and fixed!

    Edit 3: So far, hundreds of upvotes and multiple awards but still no acknowledgment. Keep this relevant so we can get a response.

    Edit 4: It seems from the below that there is also a delay in dismounting sparrows upon summoning or entering load zones that wasn't there before 2.9.0

    submitted by /u/CoralMonkey20
    [link] [comments]

    Zavala dying would be sadder than Cayde.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I genuinely feel that if our annoying, blue dad of 6 years + was to be killed in the story, sometime down the line, it could be sadder than the death of Cayde-6 at the hands of the barons/Uldren.

    There has been a lot of foreshadowing going on this season of Zavala turning his back on the Traveller (which he does, literally, in lore released recently, while speaking to Ikora) and I feel like with the way he's been portrayed the past while, he really has the most to lose - himself essentially. With big Zav losing all hope in everything he's believed in for over a century, he's really at rock bottom, and this could turn the stoic defender of the Last City into something we'll never have seen before.

    However, if this, or any other developments coming our way, leads to his death, then I feel like it could be the most tragic thing to happen to a Destiny main character; to be so low, and then die; to feel so alone, and have his light taken from him.

    I loved Cayde's arc, especially where Ace comes into it, but I feel like Zavala could end up giving us something akin to true despair. Those feels.

    EDIT: Some have asked about the recent lore entry Bungie gave us - https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49488

    EDIT 2: This somewhat turned into an appreciation post for our Big Blue Dad. Can you hear us Zavala?! Can you?!

    submitted by /u/rossgough
    [link] [comments]

    Final Interference Mission is an excellent Boss Mission

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    This Boss Fight illustrates that a good boss fight isn't necessarily one with complex mechanics and difficulty.

    It just needs a perfect *setting*: Good music, in-fight dialogue and awesome scenery

    submitted by /u/Valus_Paulus
    [link] [comments]

    Not only is the RNG on getting Horror Story and Braytech Werewolf horrendous, the huge perk list makes actually getting a decent roll nigh on impossible.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Just taking into account the two perk columns and ignoring barrels and magazines, Horror Story has 7 in each and Werewolf has 11 in the first and 12 in the second. A big chunk of them are pretty shitty too, so if you're hoping for an outlaw kill clip werewolf you've got a 1 in 132 chance - and that's after getting one to drop from the chests and after getting ciphers for the chests themselves.

    So far I've opened 29 chests and have had 4 Werewolves and 3 horror stories. All shite. My best werewolf has 4th time's the charm and unrelenting. Ugh...

    Now if I could just infuse the ones I've had from previous years or even get hold of the curated rolls again, I'd stop moaning.

    Edit: If you've got them before just pull the curated rolls from collections with a 1360 cap. The perk columns are also wrong in the API. Essentially the grind for them is still shit, but I now don't care.

    submitted by /u/AlphabetSoap
    [link] [comments]

    Drop rate for decoders have been further increased

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1314717668981710849

    We've further adjusted drop rates for Cipher Decoders so that two drop per activity completion when applicable. We'll continue to monitor feedback over the weekend.

    Please note, Ciphers do NOT drop from the following: enemy kills, Gambit, Forges, and non-playlist Strikes.

    submitted by /u/Theawesomepotato
    [link] [comments]

    Xur hates Crucible this week

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    One Eyed Mask for Titans

    Wormhusk Crown for Hunters

    Felwinters Helm for Warlocks which is honestly nothing compared to the rest of his stock this week

    Wardcliff Coil for the weapon

    God help us all...

    submitted by /u/LewisReviews
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, can you please allow us to buy previous universal ornaments for bright dust from the archive?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    I have a few sets that are missing one piece, as I must've missed the week it was sold for bright dust. Maybe just allow it if you only need one more piece. It would be a perfect way to encourage us to blow thru our bright dust before the new expansion!

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    I liked the Mod Commentary parts of the TWAB, more of this please

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Telling us you've buffed or nerfed stuff is great and all, but I also like to see the thought process behind the decisions, so this TWAB was especially nice IMO

    submitted by /u/x2o55ironman
    [link] [comments]

    Meaning of New Exotic Titan Helmet

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    When i was watching new trailer, i noticed something on new titan helm called "Precious Scars". There is a Japanese art called "Kintsugi". Its repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with precious metals like gold, platinium or silver. It means "Sometimes in the process of repairing things that have broken, we actually create something more unique, beautiful and resilient." Thats why it called Precious Scars. (Maybe its connected with Satou Clan idk but i just wanted to share this information)

    Edit: if anyone wrote this before me, i can delete it.

    submitted by /u/mylifebelike004
    [link] [comments]

    Ciphers should be a guaranteed drop after completion of any milestone/pinnacle activity.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Whether this is implemented now or in later events, if there's a barrier mechanic to rewards (e. g. Keys, ciphers, baubles) during these temporary events, those items should drop from completing milestone/pinnacle activities.

    Do you 4 weekly PvP games? That's a cipher. Complete Gambit? Another cipher. Strikes, Nightfall, Pit or Prophecy? Cipher, cipher, cipher, cipher.

    The grind will exist but this way players who just play the game will continue to consistently be able to participate in this and future limited timed events.

    Now if this isn't the route Bungie wants to take, how about we just increase cipher drop rates per week throughout the events life?

    submitted by /u/kekehippo
    [link] [comments]

    Remember to get your Mercury bounties before entering the Haunted Forest!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    The Haunted Forest is part of the Infinite Forest and that is part of Mercury. It's a good chance to double-dip on bounties.

    Edit: Oops. Wrong forest at first. Had a Harry Potter moment.

    submitted by /u/Celebril63
    [link] [comments]

    [D2] Xûr Megathread [2020-10-09]

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine

    Description:

    A peddler of strange curios, Xûr's motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the Nine.

    Location:

    we're searching!


    Exotic Gear:

    Name Type MOB RES REC DIS INT STR Total Cost
    The Wardcliff Coil Heavy Rocket Launcher 29 Legendary Shards
    Wormhusk Crown Hunter Helmet 9 6 17 22 7 2 63 23 Legendary Shards
    One-Eyed Mask Titan Helmet 14 9 8 15 12 6 64 23 Legendary Shards
    Felwinter's Helm Warlock Helmet 6 14 12 6 14 10 62 23 Legendary Shards

    Consumables:

    Name Type Cost
    Five of Swords Challenge Card

    What's a Xûr?

    Xûr, Agent of the Nine, is a strange vendor who randomly appears in a Public Sector on one of the Worlds. Xûr sells Exotic equipment and only takes Legendary Shards in exchange for them.

    TL;DR: He's the Santa Claus of Destiny and every weekend is Christmas. Sometimes he brings you what you want, sometimes he brings you coal. Mostly it's coal.

    When does Xûr visit?

    Xûr visits every Friday at 17:00 UTC and departs at Weekly Reset (Tuesday 17:00 UTC). If you would like to see all the live conversions of Time Zones, please follow this link here.

    Sort comments by New to join the conversation!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Finally! Nothing new under the traveler but I'm proud.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Fotl art��

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    You can farm a large chunk of triumph score in the ascendant challenge this weekend.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    This week's challenge is Gardens of Esila, which has the pool of light to let you spam abilities to defeat the trio of knights.

    If you're a completionist and are looking to get some good legacy triumph score, you can infinitely farm thrall in this area to progress on various ability kills for account triumphs.

    Simply get into one of the trees surrounding the center area after dunking the 3 orbs, and you can bait a knight into getting stuck in the tree. This will prevent the Knight from despawning. Kill the other two knights, then simply farm Thrall to your heart's content. Put on a podcast, movie, music, etc. and be prepared to farm.

    You can always get more tincture of queens foil by visiting the skull in the confluence and buying it for 50 baryon bough.

    Video explaining how to bait the knight into the tree

    submitted by /u/KommaisonReddit
    [link] [comments]

    If Hawkmoon comes out, and next Festival of the Lost doesn’t have an ornament called “Harvestmoon” imma flip a table.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    This is a huge opportunity bungo

    Edit: and since hawkmoon has wings on the rear iron posts, it should be Scythes instead

    submitted by /u/Jonathan-Earl
    [link] [comments]

    Why not allow us to buy cyphers for haunted forest with candy and chocolate coin?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    It would add another use to the currency

    submitted by /u/DigitalDigitsDigit
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie is setting up a better, long term, less confusing, solution to mods and mod sockets.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Back in May, Bungie announced the following :

    Starting in Season 12, armor will no longer have a Seasonally rotating fourth mod slot. Instead, there will be a mod slot that accepts mods introduced into the game throughout a full year. We recognize that the current need to replace your armor every two to three Seasons, and hoard armor from past Seasons, is undesirable.

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49027

    Their answer to this? The Combat Style Mod Socket. Bungie posted the following yesterday:

    Combat Mods

    All armor released in Beyond Light and Season 12, all Last Wish and Garden of Salvation armor acquired starting in Season 12, and all Armor 2.0 Exotic armor pieces (including those already possessed by players) will have a Combat style mod socket. In Season 12, this socket will accept all Charged with Light and Warmind Cell mods.

    All Armor 2.0 armor acquired during Seasons 8-11 have had their Seasonal mod sockets replaced with a single, unified Legacy mod socket that can socket all Charged with Light mods, all Warmind Cell mods, all Nightmare Hunt mods, all Garden of Salvation mods, and all Last Wish mods.

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49630

    Emphasized the top paragraph for importance. AKA - the slot that is coming starting in S12 is expected to rotate as new "Combat Mechanics" release. Right now, that's Charged with Light and Warmind Cells.

    Right now, I literally have to save bits and pieces from each season to remember the +1/-1 rule of which mods I can socket into each pieces, which is a brain sore to remember everything. I have spend many hours going through my gear and selectively choosing which ones to keep and take away. Thank the community for DIM.

    Regardless, the longer term solution to this "problem" is that Bungie only has to changed the "Combat Mod Socket" Seasonally or Annually going forward. Because of Max Power Level (Sunsetting), they won't need to create a "Legacy" mod slot updated each year. They can just adjust the Combat Mod Socket to whatever the latest mechanics are and we can use builds around that. Think of it like a long term Artifact Mods.

    So, will it be in your interest to get new gear with this new updated system? Yes. Right now it doesn't look much different because our current gear (From S9,S10,S11) can slot mostly the same mods and will for the next season or two (which makes sense, since we're transitioning into a new year) -- but that Legacy Mod Slot is static. It won't change, it's locked in. The new system will allow for that. So when Bungie releases new "Combat Mods" along side Charged with Light and Warmind Cells, I would expect those to go into this new slot, which is why you'll want to transition over to the S12 and new Raid Gear Sets.

    I think this solution will have more players experimenting with mods and build crafting in the game.

    PS - and adding this slot into all Exotics in the game? That's icing on the cake. And those mods on your Exotics will also get adjusted in this slot as time goes forward.

    submitted by /u/Spawnling
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment