• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 20, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-12-20]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-12-20]


    Daily Questions [2020-12-20]

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Crotas end should come back as a dungeon

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:56 AM PST

    I want my favorite strike back.

    Edit: thanks for the reward random stranger.

    Edit 2: for everyone saying they would rather have new content, I 100% agree. But until bungie shows they are capable of giving us a dungeon or raid every season (I'm over exaggerating, I get that is unrealistic), I am going to ask for content from d1 to come back. Content from d1 is better than nothing to me. At least all the people that didn't play it can experience it for the first time and the veterans can at least get some nostalgia and maybe some or there favorite rewards back. I know Reddit doesn't like to admit this, but most people that play d2 didn't play d1.

    Edit 3: shoutout to poor kids. Best destiny 2 clan.

    submitted by /u/iaminmyhouse
    [link] [comments]

    I've been inspecting people lately and most people aren't using the Starfarer 7M ship. We will gain a lot more progress on the community dawning quest if everyone is using it.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:24 PM PST

    If you didn't know, the ship has a special perk that grants a good chance of generating Dawning Spirit whenever you find ingredients and they drop quite frequently. So put on that ugly fucking ship and let's bust out this quest.

    submitted by /u/SiikPhoque
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, for the love of the Traveller, please remove any instances of enemy kills not progressing bounties.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:08 AM PST

    We get it. You don't like when we farm stuff but doing things like the Skorn strike where all you want to do is progress triumphs and bounties and the entire boss fight doesn't count as enemies is obnoxious. It just makes people want to leave the strike. Accept that we're going to find ways to farm and just move past it.

    submitted by /u/ItsAmerico
    [link] [comments]

    Hunter Shatterdive shouldn't beat a titan bubble

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:28 PM PST

    https://streamable.com/jt930a

    Im sure the Stasis nerfs are coming next season but this should just not be a thing.

    submitted by /u/Shredzoo
    [link] [comments]

    With the darkness being used by guardians, some of them will inevitably lost to it. When do you think Zavala will send us on a brother/sister killing mission?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:34 AM PST

    Lightfall or earlier?

    submitted by /u/thejman82gb
    [link] [comments]

    Guardians should be IMMUNE to stasis INSIDE Titan Bubbles, Warlocks Wells, and BEHIND the Hunters spiny stick.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:41 PM PST

    Like seriously isn't the whole point of the lore is a continuous struggle between light and dark, forever intertwined in battle? So shouldn't the light have some defense against the darkness since the Traveler lasted for so long? Make a substantial balance check, as well as it being universe friendly. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Jonathan-Earl
    [link] [comments]

    The flawless title should give trials glow forever

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:14 PM PST

    IMO if you went through the effort to get the title then you should deserve to always have the glow, for example you have to get all the loot, carry someone and get a passage of confidence. At this point there is really no insensitive to play trials if I already have all the god rolls and the title

    submitted by /u/hankhillamericanhero
    [link] [comments]

    Eyes of tomorrow shouldn't do -50% against bosses.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:45 PM PST

    I know bungie is trying to avoid another gjallarhorn situation, but for a raid exotic, I feel that it should at least be a valid dps option. It's weird to me that energy weapons are the best dps options right now. Rockets have never been meta in destiny except in riven cheese for a few months.

    I didn't play in d1, but I assume bungie is trying to avoid another izenagis situation where it was deemed essential in raid groups. I think an easy solution would just to make it do -25% or just let it do normal damage against bosses. It still wouldn't out dps double slug shotguns or cloudstrike anyway. I really like eyes of Tomorow and I think the boss damage nerf is holding it back from it being truly amazing.

    Especially since it's a raid exotic, and raid exotics should be the pinnacle of all exotics in the game. I mean, so far only one of them (anarchy) is fantastic, but if eyes of Tomorow got on that level I think raiders will be really happy.

    submitted by /u/Temofthetem
    [link] [comments]

    This is my drawing of a Dawning warlock for the Dawning 2020 art show

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:32 AM PST

    https://twitter.com/NIGHTFURY_21/status/1340332284675837953?s=19

    This is a fan art of a Dawning Warlock that I just finished illustrating. It took me while a while to make but I am really happy with how it turned out. What do you think of it?

    Shout out to u/ghOstsz for supplying the references that helped me with the drawing. I owe you one :)

    submitted by /u/NIGHTFURY-21
    [link] [comments]

    It would be cool to see how the Eliksni lived when the Traveler was theirs.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:36 PM PST

    Since we know that the traveler used to be parked over their home before it came to Earth and we're hearing more about that in Beyond Light, I think it would be neat to see that in a flaskback/cutscene. Like seeing Eliksni families playing with their kids in the park. Little dreg kids with balloons running around. I dunno. I think it would be pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/SadMansTongue73
    [link] [comments]

    Theory: The Dawning grind for ship/sparrow upgrades is the trial run for a Holliday revamp

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:52 AM PST

    Picture this: at the start of a new season, Holliday gives you a quest to unlock an Exotic ship and sparrow. Once you've unlocked that, you can do bounties (or whatever else Bungie comes up with for Holliday) to upgrade them with engine effects and exclusive shaders. Maybe Holliday could even have multiple Exotic ships/sparrows every season, so that not everyone is flexing the same exact vehicles. I was honestly really impressed by the Dawning questline this season, and it'd be a shame to see them throw away such a cool system after only applying it to one ship and sparrow. What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Joebot521
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got back into D2 a few weeks ago and tonight I did a 1250 Legend Lost Sector solo. Didnt get an exotic but I did fall back in love with the game.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:54 PM PST

    After many lengthy breaks from the game, it feels extremely good to play again knowing that there is content for me even though I am not someone who has the time to dedicate to the game like I did back in the D1 days.

    And yet just by playing a few hours a day during the week, not even really going out of my way to grind, I am at the point where I can tackle some endgame content on my own and it feels great.

    Would have felt even better had I gotten the Necrotic Grips but I digress...

    That's all. Just wanted to share that with my fellow Guardians and if there is anyone out there like me who is reading this, it is a good time to come back.

    Eyes up.

    submitted by /u/UnclePhilDashCancel
    [link] [comments]

    The only non-sunset Arc special ammo Grenade Launcher is a blue with Blinding/Field Prep and it's hiding in the New Light quest!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 04:54 PM PST

    When you get to Step 18 of 21, Banshee will gift you the Harsh Language, at up to 1250 depending on your base power. It's a guaranteed drop and can be helpful in Solo Lost sectors and maybe even some GM's.

    DO NOT DELETE IT. It does not show up in collections after you obtain it so it currently cannot be reclaimed.

    Here is my little video I just put out about it: https://youtu.be/fSVPhzSsJBw

    submitted by /u/HoldenAGrenade
    [link] [comments]

    Is the implication that Crow and Glint are right next to us, holding our hands during Wrath Hunts?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:08 AM PST

    Listening to the dialogue during the missions just really makes me feel like a third wheel. It's kinda like this whole season is his storyline and I'm just jilling off in the corner.

    submitted by /u/Mzuark
    [link] [comments]

    Dude I can’t wait for witch queen when we get brand new unbalanced subclasses for PVP and then we have the same conversation about how the sandboxes should be separated but then forget about it cause it’s destiny.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:09 PM PST

    People definitely had concerns in the community about how stupidly broken stasis was at launch and it sparked controversy in the community between people that enjoyed it in PVP or liked it how it was in PVE and people that straight up didn't. Then we met a middle ground where a couple small (but not enough) changes were made to warlocks and that was that. Then Bungie just buffs warlock melee back a while later and everybody forgets about stasis being an issue despite 2 remaining bases being the best bases in the game and 2 other stasis supers that are insanely good

    I feel like I've been witnessing this consistent pattern among my years of playing destiny where a new subclass or something is added, it's either completely broken or bad, it's somewhat fixed or nerfed into the ground, people get upset, then nothing is done about it.

    We've been having this question for YEARS of why there can't just be separate sandbox for abilities at the very minimum? I understand why all weapons can't and that's fine with the new introduction of 6 NEW SUBCLASSES AND 2 ELEMENTS over the course of 2 years, something new has to happen cause imo the state of crucible right now isn't fun competitively for me imo because of it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's not as bad as it was at launch but the dominance of stasis over any other subclass is there and it begs the question: "Are Witch Queen and Lightfall just gonna break the cruicible with these new abilities?" "Are Titans for example just gonna fly around like Superman and shoot lasers out of their eyes that instantly one shot and it's poorly balanced?" "What measures are there to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen?"

    Questions like these are questions that I think need to be addressed properly by Bungie or PVP will progressively get more and more unbalanced up to the point where Bungie's PVP team can't balance all these new supers and make them work together in a way that doesn't dominate the game. I know Luke Smith came out on a polygon article and said they are looking to tune old subclasses but the underlying balance problem of new ones still exists and they need imo, separate sandboxes for abilities and it would fix balance in general. We need to stop forgetting about this issue and confront it head on or nothing will change.

    submitted by /u/spectre15
    [link] [comments]

    I've never seen so many people claiming that the classes are too similar to one another.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:10 PM PST

    I don't think I've ever heard about this being an issue in the community... until Luke Smith said it was an issue. And this is coming off of receiving easily the most homogenized group of subclasses to date with the Stasis subclasses, which people don't seem to bring up when talking about the light subclasses being too similar to one another. Is there going to be a stasis subclass rework to make them more unique for each class? I don't see that happening.

    submitted by /u/BloominOnion1
    [link] [comments]

    Even if the chance was slim, there should be a possibility that any Legendary drops we get come fully Masterworked.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:39 PM PST

    Outside of the final armor drop in "Pit of Heresy" and the occasional curated Weapon drop in Raids, we should have the possibility for more stuff to drop fully Masterworked. Even if that chance was pretty slim, getting even just 2 or 3 MW drops a week would be helpful, and a nice extra bonus every once in a while. You might get a decent weapon or High-stat armor piece and not need to spend the mats to MW it. Or, like the now-sunset Pit armor, even if you just dismantle it, those few extra Cores/Prisms would be nice.

    submitted by /u/SevenInchScrew
    [link] [comments]

    Don't forget, the Dawning bounties reset on Sundays during the event.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:54 PM PST

    Tried out the destiny cookie cutters on gingerbread

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:25 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/32LRNrn

    Baking takes away some of the detail, but still appealing and tasty!

    submitted by /u/Joybulb
    [link] [comments]

    A Love Letter to Bungie About Transmog

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:42 AM PST

    Dear Bungie,

    MythicalMalice here, wanted to stop by and throw out my opinion, hopes, and fears, about Transmog, and the things I hope to see (and not see) when you finally release it in Season 14.

    To start, I am really excited about this, and I care a lot about how the release of this (hopefully) amazing feature goes. It has been something my friends, clanmates, and I have been wishing and hoping for for a long time. And when I say long, I mean loooong. I was a D1 Beta player after all, and waited 3 days for my DSL Internet to download the demo. Worth it though. Anyhoo, it is something that I have thought about a lot, and I would like to share some of those thoughts with you as early as possible, now that you have confirmed it is coming, so that you can still make changes if my opinion gets your gears turning at all.

    Firstly, here are some things that I would like to see come with the launch of Transmog in Destiny:

    • The ability to view all pieces of armor simultaneously, along with all pending changes that the player is looking at. This image gives me hope you are already headed in that direction but, I would also like to have the ability to see not just armor, but all currently equipped weapons, ghost, and vehicles as well at the same time. I understand that is a lot on the screen at one time and could really clutter up the UI, so a solution to that would be if the player had the option to switch between armor/weapons and and ghosts/vehicles selections (similar to how we use the arrow keys or D-pad now), but stay within the Transmog/customization UI.
    • The complete removal of shaders and transmat effects from our inventory. It has been far too long that us Guardians have been limited to only 50 (or less) shaders when trying to view our customizations. I don't remember the last time that I had an open shader slot in my inventory. I even keep some shaders in the Postmaster just so I don't have to go in to collections to try and find the one I am looking for. And I find it really annoying that I have to pull a transmat from Collections, then go back to my ship and apply it. I would really like to have a combination of the old D1 shader system (shaders just need to be unlocked) and combine it with the new Transmog system to allow players to access and preview ALL unlocked shaders on each piece of armor (individually) as it looks like you can do in this image. I know in the current system you want shaders to cost something (either time to earn via RNG, or pay for with materials after initial unlock) but that system is not fun for players, and the current interfaces and inventory limits are not conducive to a smooth experience. So, in my opinion, just get rid of the shader and transmat inventory completely, and integrate it with the customization/transmog menu. Please.
    • An "Apply All" button. Combining the first and second bullet points, once you are previewing every different shader, armor skin, and ship transmat you want, players should be able to just click/press an "Apply All" button that charges them all the currency that it will cost to make the changes and makes them look pretty. I really don't want to go through all the work of making my Guardian look a certain way and then have to go back and manually apply every change I made. Players are going to be spending a lot of time in the customization menu, no reason to force them to spend more time in there simply because a single button-press doesn't exist.
      • On top of this, the UI should have a 'Total Cost' counter somewhere on screen so Guardians know how much lighter their magic space-wallets will be after the changes are applied.

    Second, here are some things that I would really NOT like to see come with the launch of Transmog in Destiny:

    • Exotics on legendary armor, and vice versa. (Related: weapons should not be able to look like a different weapon for the same reason as the armor that I will lay out now) This is a controversial opinion among my friends and clanmates, but I'm sticking to it. As much fun as I would find it to see a Hunter meme-ing as a Celestial Nighthawk one-shotting, Shards of Galanor mob-killing, Ophidia Spathe double-knife wielding, Orpheus Rig orb-generating, Chad-Guardian, this would cause problems in the competitive PvP modes. If you are going up against someone who looks like they have 17 different exotics equipped you won't know what approach to take when going up against them. Players will have no idea what they are facing, and this could easily be abused. And, in the opposite, exotics shouldn't be able to be hidden by a legendary skin. Exotics should look like the exotic it is, and legendarys like legendarys. Full stop.
    • No new currency or dramatic price changes. Applying changes to our looks are going to cost something, I honestly can't think of any way that Bungie would just let us make a change to our build/look without charging us something. This is not me saying that's a bad thing, not at all, just that it's going to happen. Whatever our current costs are now for applying shaders, pulling shaders from collections, and anything else cosmetic that costs us materials, should remain the exactly the same, or within a reasonable percentage change different. And just so we are clear, the players idea of 'reasonable' price changes is most likely less than what Bungie thinks (see current cost of masterworking Exotic armor). I also don't want a new currency that we need to earn, hoard, and manage. Legendary shards and glimmer, Bungie. That's it. Keep it simple.
    • Ornaments purchased for Bright Dust or Silver SHOULD NOT COST ANYTHING to apply in the Transmog system. Players have already payed that sweet sweet Bright Dust cost or REAL MONEY (Silver) for those items. If I have to pay more/again to use something that I already paid you(Bungie) for I will be pissed.

    Lastly, speaking of being pissed, here are things that us players WILL RIOT OVER if they are implemented:

    • Back to Bright Dust, if you(Bungie) charge Bright Dust (or worse, Silver) to simply apply any sort of cosmetic you are going to get major hate, and it will be well-deserved. Charging players a currency that there is a finite amount of to earn per season is awful design and terrible for the game economy, and would show a lack of respect for your players. Nothing like introducing the coolest new feature of your game, only to artificially limit the amount players can use it because they spent all their Bright Dust on the cool ship they wanted to throw a shader on and now can't afford the application cost is bad. I honestly can't think of the adjectives that would describe the levels of bad that would be, it's just bad. I'm a Windows server admin, not a journalist, bite me.
    • Back to Section 1, Bullet 2 - single-use/unlockable shaders. If you get rid of the shader inventory completely, as in no more having x-amount of a shader, and you only have to unlock the shader and then you can use it forever D1-style, we will riot with absolute glee (this is a good riot full of love and blueberry crumbles). This is not necessarily a NEEDED change, but man would it be a huge quality of life change that we would absolutely love. I don't exactly know what your backend looks like, but from a technical/coding standpoint it would also seem like a much simpler thing then what this image shows. Using boolean values for 'has unlocked' vs. 'not unlocked' to allow (or not allow) the player to use a shader seems a lot easier and less prone to bugs than also keeping track of how many the player currently has in the shader inventory. Did I mention that the shader inventory needs to go away?
    • If you don't do a simpler 'unlocked'/'not unlocked' system and continue with the shader inventory system (HAVE YOU CONSIDERED GETTTING RID OF THE SHADER INVENTORY?!?!) then please, for the love of the Traveler and all that the Light touches, allow the "Apply All" button (see Section 1, Bullet 3) to automatically pull/purchase the shader, projection, or transmat, from Collections and charge for the application cost as well. If I have to leave a menu, to go in to another menu, to pull a cosmetic item, then go back to the first menu again to apply it one more time my Guardian might well have a stroke on my behalf.

    Well, that is all I have for you today. For those of you that read all this, thanks so much, and I would love to see your thoughts below. Bungie, I hope you take this as constructive feedback and pass it along to the people that this will make a difference to. I also have some other letters that I have been thinking of writing: a critique of the way (and when) the community gives feedback, and one about crossplay. I'll maybe work on those over my Christmas vacation. Until next time, Guardians. May the Light guide your way, and may the Darkness be your shadow. See you star-side.

    Sincerely,

    MythicalMalice

    submitted by /u/MythicalMalice
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the Deep Stone Crypt Prank?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:43 AM PST

    I've run Sherpa a lot for the last couple of raids, and one thing I feel like Deep Stone Crypt is missing is "that prank" that you pull on the new people and hopefully they pull on their friends when they go on to teach them. In Last Wish it was convincing the new people to DPS the heart after Queenswalk. In Garden it was getting everyone to walk through the murder portal at the same time.

    I've run DSC a lot with my clan, and a few times as a Sherpa, and I've not really been able to think of or find a good spot for some good old-fashioned tomfoolery, so I'm opening the floor to suggestions.

    submitted by /u/bruzewskis
    [link] [comments]

    Towerthought: We consider the Pyramids as ships, and that there are multiple of them. However, we never consider the Traveler to be a ship, or the possibility that there might be more of them.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:14 AM PST

    Something I've thought about for a while.

    Another question I like to think about is if the Pyramids are 'ships', what or who is piloting them? And if the Traveler is also a ship, what or who is piloting it?

    submitted by /u/Sean_Vertigo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment