• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-12-27]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-12-27]


    Daily Questions [2020-12-27]

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Its baffling that shatter dive has no cooldown but titan slide does

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:08 PM PST

    i just got frozen in pvp by a hunter that missed his shatterdive combo but its fine he can kill me before i can escape

    submitted by /u/SwanoPrime
    [link] [comments]

    Season Pass level 1113+

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    So a friend of mine (name unreadable due to his own privacy) has been grinding nonstop repeatable bounties while doing any activity within the game.

    He has reached a season pass level of 1113+. Funny that the game puts a + there instead of the actual level or maybe its just glitched out.

    Thought id share this with everyone. :)

    Season Level

    Edit: Since im seeing people doubt it and say its not real. Here his power bonus. Power Bonus

    Edit 2: Heres a pic of his season pass page. :D Season Pass

    Edit 3: Gold bois! No clue what it means or does but sounds good. Cheers!

    Edit 4: Since this post got hella traction my dude said i might aswell share his name with yall. Gaming Machine

    submitted by /u/Blady97
    [link] [comments]

    Made you guys a lo-fi version of "Deep Stone Lullaby". Happy Holidays guardians.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Hi guardians

    I made a chill beat version of this song a few weeks ago and got asked if I could make a lo-fi version. Hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/_owllock
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie can you just remove the stasis break out mechanic for PVP. It’s beyond insulting for it to exist when 99.9% of the time you will never escape alive no matter how fast you mash the button.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:31 PM PST

    Just to get it out the gate, the freeze mechanic is stupid. I can completely understand and tolerate it with supers cause they are supers but I get more frustrated when it's on class melee abilities, grenades and other things because it gives them the power of supers. Recently Bungie nerfed the freeze timer with cold snap making it balanced but left all the other grenades and abilities the same? I don't understand this decision at all. Why not change the freeze timers for all and make them the same?

    It's beyond insulting for me and many others in PVP when you get frozen and then you get text staring you in the face laughing going, "Press to break out!" and then you try your hardest and get punished no matter what you choose to do. I know this was sort of intended but I get the feeling that it was designed around PVE encounters and not around PVP at all. The intention was to punish you by breaking out by removing a significant portion of your health but not doing so if you wait out the timer.

    In PVP this just doesn't work. Players are smarter than a mechanic on players and can easily bulldoze through it. Players don't care if you frozen and about to break out. They will instantly kill you without thought no matter the skill of the player. Not only does freezing take away your health after break but it also marks you through wall like one eyed mask. So what is the point of the break out mechanic existing in PvP when I die no matter what I do? I really hope a tweak is done for freezing and just stasis in general for PVP because the state of crucible currently tells me that it isn't near a balanced state.

    submitted by /u/spectre15
    [link] [comments]

    Neat thing about the end of Beyond Light campaign

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:30 PM PST

    On my second run of the campaign, I realize that frozen Eramis is taking the same pause as she did during the "Whirlwind" cinematic when the Traveler left. This time, her arm is reaching out to a Pyramid, almost like the Darkness is abandoning her the same way the Traveler did, she feels the same anger and solitude she did on her planet.

    submitted by /u/Woopidoobop
    [link] [comments]

    OMG dmg04 HIT ME WITH A SNOWBALL

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:03 PM PST

    I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT u/dmg04 IS A MEANIE.
    There I was, in the Tower, minding my own business and going to the Cryptarch to get things from a couple Prime Engrams.
    WHEN HE JUMPS OVER ME AND THROWS A SNOWBALL AT ME. SO RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL OF A COMMUNITY MANAGER.

    If it wasn't obvious... /s

    Even though he did hit me with a snowball. lmao

    submitted by /u/N1njaCab00se
    [link] [comments]

    I was farming Cloudstrike this evening and something amazing happened.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:59 PM PST

    I joined an empire hunt and after I loaded in I realized I had joined a solo who was stuck on Praxis. As soon as I spawned in the solo player was excited to see a fellow guardian, teabagging and emoting. We fought the boss and then this happened.

    submitted by /u/Casual_Lyrics
    [link] [comments]

    This is like the 8th time in a week and a half that banshee is selling Sprint Grip. Can we please do something about Banshees inventory Bungie??

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Seriously. It's absolute garbage that those of us without warmind and CWL mods have absolutely no way to get them other than hope to god banshee is selling one of the good mods. Which, if you have been paying attention to, youd noticed that every second day seems to be Sprint Grip.

    It's super frustrating that the strongest mods in the game are stuck beyond an RNG vendor refresh. Banshee really needs to sell more mods each day or there needs to be a guaranteed way to grind them outs, cause this feels like the epitome of FOMO for not playing during Worthy and really doesn't feel good.

    Thank you for coming to my TED talk

    submitted by /u/Kurwico
    [link] [comments]

    A small buff to Chromatic Fire that would go a long way:

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:38 PM PST

    For those who don't know, Chromatic Fire is an Exotic chest piece for Warlocks that allow precision kills from kinetic weapons to trigger an elemental explosion based on your subclass (Light subclasses only)

    It's not great, but it's not bad either: In PvP you can get some multikills when players are close to each other (helps in Control, not much elsewhere) and you can clear adds a bit faster in PvE. Also, both the OG look and the Ornament looks amazing so more fashion points there.

    There's a problem though: Since the "Dragonfly" effect comes from the armor and not the weapon, a lot of perks and effects are bypassed. For example, multikills with CF explosions will not spawn orbs of Power for masterworked weapons, or any weapon perk that activates on kill go to waste.

    So please Bungie, to make this exotic viable and not just a gimmick one, make the explosions count as weapon kills. This would help so much for PvE, and synergize with a lot of weapon perks such as:

    • Rampage
    • Swashbuckler
    • Killing Wind
    • Feeding Frenzy
    • All for One
    • Demolitionist
    • Wellspring

    And pair with Exotic Primaries as well:

    • String of Curses from Bad Juju
    • Paracausal Shot from Hawkmoon
    • Monte Carlo Method and Markov Chain from Monte Carlo
    • Gathering Light from Traveler's Chosen
    • Remnants from Thorn and Lumina

    Much love from a Warlock main :)

    submitted by /u/Havauk
    [link] [comments]

    My Christmas present to my brother, I was half tempted to keep it for myself

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:11 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/d4CLNxL.jpg

    Sorry if the formatting is poor, currently on mobile.

    If you guys are that interested send me a pm, I can send you some of his work or ask if he'll do custom paintings with a sent design.

    submitted by /u/Nikolai_Blak
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation of Saint-14

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Was sitting by saint while baking some cookies and can we appreciate his voice lines, such as him praising a small child for throwing a shield at him,or telling the guardian how to hold a bird, or my favorite "pigeon noises come my pigeons"

    submitted by /u/rwbywolfif
    [link] [comments]

    We need more Exotics like Icefall Mantle and Mask of Bakris

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:40 PM PST

    I love these Exotics so much, and I also feel like people just seem to ignore how much these two Exotics change the future of our Exotics, they stand out among the rest of the Exotics just because they straight up alter one of our core abilities so much that they just become new abilities.

    I'd love to see more Exotics that function like this, and I hope the next one we get alters the Warlock's Rift ability.(Seeing as how the two we have alter the Titan and Hunter's class abilities)

    It'd be cool to see it alter our Stasis Rift to self-freeze us, making us immune to all damage but immobile for a brief period of time. It'd be a gamble, but when used right, you could straight up deny Supers, Power, Sniper headshots, Shotgun rushing, being frozen by another teammate, etc... It'd be pretty cool!

    I'd also love to see them branch out to alter other things like Melees, Grenades, Jumps, and Supers as well!

    submitted by /u/profanewingss
    [link] [comments]

    Here you go bungie, added one for ya.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:45 PM PST

    Would be awesome if bungie can add a fast travel here.

    Edit: ofc we a thought it was nice crusing around Europe was so cool ESPECIALLY with the weather changing (think it's called dynamic weather) but we all like to get things done quick. It's not to insult the people who put time into the art work etc for Europa or anything like that

    submitted by /u/ChrisComments
    [link] [comments]

    Prophecy Dungeon Hoodie Looks So Long, it’s Silly

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:16 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/ym4Aq6U.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/TwFKcOJ.jpg

    Feels and looks like good quality, but WHY IS IT SO LONG? It seemed a LITTLE long in the pictures, but this is a little silly. The gambit jerseys were also oddly proportioned.

    submitted by /u/Brohaffey
    [link] [comments]

    Are the things I do in Destiny things to be proud of?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:54 AM PST

    So idk what kind of reaction this post will get but just as a warning it will probably get a little melancholic.

    So to start this off, a couple of weeks ago I finally managed to get Rivensbane. This includes the flawless and everything and so I was really happy. After I beat the flawless run (which was my last triumph) I excitedly joined my friend group's VC and told them I got it. The first response I got was "Imagine caring about triumphs" followed by an agreement. I tried to dispute this by saying that Rivensbane took more effort than just a few triumphs but they kept on saying it. Another friend's response was just a monotone "good job".

    And yet another thing, I love Prophecy. I love the dungeon so much that I can Solo Flawless the thing pretty much on demand, and if not I can just do a nice and easy solo run (with occasional trouble on the last encounter depending on the day). My friends knew I had been practising my ass off for my first solo flawless and when I got it I mostly got the same response. And even then I'm seeing discussions all over YouTube of people discrediting those who go Solo Flawless in it, talking about how we exploited Mountaintop, Taken Barrier and more even tho myself and many others have the exact same difficulty NOW! It even feels the same without Barrier because of its lower power level.

    I also have Blacksmith and it's basically the same thing. I farmed out Frames upon frames and did that flawless and all I get told is "yeah I could've done it if I put the time in but I just didn't want to".

    I realise the formatting for this is probably shit and I might receive a bit of hate for posting what's essentially a rant. But are these three things I'm really proud of. I'm not going around every chance I get saying "Imagine not being a Rivensbane" or anything because I just want to be proud of this stuff but every time I try to be I just get shut down like this. Am I allowed to be proud of this stuff? Is any of it actually something to be proud of? Sorry for the long read but eh there's really no turning back now right?

    Edit: Just wanted to say that I'm grateful for all the encouragement and kind words. It's hard for me to not seek validation from others (being young and all I think that's natural) but I understand that I can be proud of these things. And I will be. Thanks a heap everyone and sorry if I didn't end up responding to your comment.

    Edit 2: I have now woken up to over a hundred reddit notifications, most of which are supportive comments. Holy shit this is a supportive community and that makes me rlly proud. I don't think I can get through them all ngl

    submitted by /u/ArcticFoxy1
    [link] [comments]

    Can Weekly Empire Hunts drop their respective weapons please?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:28 PM PST

    For example: If this week is Kiridis, it should have a chance to drop the Biting Winds bow. I shouldn't have to use my Herealways pieces or grab the bounty for it.

    This would add more rewards to the loot pool and incentive to do them than just trying to get Cloudstrike.

    Plus the Herealways farm and the quest for the weapons get reallll old real quick after 100+ runs trying to get a good roll...

    submitted by /u/scarabking91
    [link] [comments]

    Controller really needs a sensitivity overhaul

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:59 AM PST

    We need to be able to have different ads and hipfire sensitivities as well as more sensitivities higher than 10

    submitted by /u/epicd2000
    [link] [comments]

    I think Shaw Han holds us hostage in the Cosmodrome.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:55 PM PST

    I created a new character because I wanted to play through the new starting campaign. Of course I immediately pulled banned exotics and legendaries out of my vault so I was way over powered for this whole thing. I remember Shaw Han saying that the whole thing with his fireteam dying was his fault because he rushed the perimeter scans. He also says he will get us to the tower by giving us a ship. He then gives a us an entire list of garbage that his fireteam (who he admits he got killed) was supposed to do that he then tell us to do and then he will let us out of Russia. After we complete this list, he goes and nearly gets himself killed and leaves us a sparrow to help us get to the tower, but we end up saving him, and he then gives us a ship to get to the tower

    Now let's break this down a little bit: 1. He was supposed to do this crap with his fireteam, but then expects us to do it because if we don't, he won't give us a ship

    1. After we do all of this stuff, he goes after the Wizard all by himself, which we save him from. He gives us a sparrow before hand to get us to the Last City. Now, from the little research I have done, I have been led to believe that the Last City is located in Chile. The Cosmodrome is in Russia. This man wants us to sparrow ourselves over oceans and thousands of miles of enemy territory even though he has a ship available that he later gives us.

    2. After we save him, he finally gives us this ship that he could have give to us earlier instead of a sparrow. This leads me to believe that he wanted us to come after him but he was too big of a wimp to actually ask for help and em decided it was a better idea for him to go on a suicide mission to prompt us into saving him, and if you say that he was just testing us, it looked very clear to me that he was in very bad shape, and if he was just faking it, that means he let a powerful Wizard get away, and one that killed his entire fireteam no less.

    All of this leads me to one of three possibilities: 1: Shaw Han was holding us hostage because he is a lazy introverted piece of shit

    1. Shaw Han is the new King of the Taken, and he just wanted us to die

    2. Shaw Han has suffered severe psychological damage and just wanted the Wizard to kill him and for us to take his place

    The first seems the most likely to me, but I think all three are very plausible

    Link to the article that convinced me that the Last City is in Chile: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2015/1/20/7862009/destiny-tower-last-city-location-science-sun

    submitted by /u/CrazyCosmonaut
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, please do a horde mode!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Just waves of adds that get harder and harder with no end! The ultimate PvE test! Stuff like that is fun for hours, especially if it could support fire teams of 6!

    submitted by /u/max65zeg
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Fact: You can't break out of ice if you are suppressed

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:24 PM PST

    I was playing crucible today and managed to get suppressed and frozen. I was unable to break free while frozen. I don't think this is intentional.

    submitted by /u/Xytonn
    [link] [comments]

    All Vendors should work exactly like the final chest at the end of DSC.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:25 PM PST

    Would actually make vendors pretty relevant and would be a way better system then the vendor engram system we currently have. Could also be used to bring faction vendors back.

    submitted by /u/AscendantShard
    [link] [comments]

    Postmaster (KADI 55-30)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:31 PM PST

    In this season of giving and service, tell me why the Postmaster has never gotten a cookie? Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, KADI 55-30 has never failed to give me mail. I think that deserves a "Eagle Sandie Surprise!

    submitted by /u/Da_Lords_Side47
    [link] [comments]

    Please fix The Lament tracking

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:38 PM PST

    Was swinging at the Veles Labyrinth lost sector boss and the heavy attack launch me off the cliff at the speed of light

    Dont know how many times this happened, please fix Bungo

    submitted by /u/EternalLousy
    [link] [comments]

    Why is everyone so salty about stasis?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:21 PM PST

    You all just gotta chill

    submitted by /u/yeetbuckets
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t forget to check out the little room below Hawthorne.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:23 PM PST

    It always has some special decorations for seasonal events.

    submitted by /u/fenn138
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment