• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 28, 2021

    Destiny Daily Thread - Lore Thursday [SPOILERS AHEAD]

    Destiny Daily Thread - Lore Thursday [SPOILERS AHEAD]


    Daily Thread - Lore Thursday [SPOILERS AHEAD]

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Welcome to Lore Thursday! Let's discuss the lore and story in Destiny.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!

    In need of more Destiny Lore? Come visit /r/DestinyLore!


    Rules


    • All top-level comments must be genuinely lore-related. This is a serious thread for discussion of the worlds of Destiny.
    • All spoilers must be marked. To mark a spoiler type >!Your Spoiler!<. Example: You'll never guess who The Speaker is. Bill Nighy!
    • THIS INCLUDES DATAMINED INFORMATION. Comments containing unmarked datamined information will be removed.

    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    It's a shame that we'll never be able to equip Cloudstrike, Riskrunner and Thunderlord at the same

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Bungie please I just want to be the lightning

    submitted by /u/alchninja
    [link] [comments]

    Europa will get a second landing zone next Season!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:09 AM PST

    *third landing zone

    I forgot the one in beyond, sorry :(

    https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1354491134257422345

    If this gets 7 likes we'll add a new LZ on Europa next Season.

    (It's on 3k likes after two minutes already)

    submitted by /u/Try_to_guess_my_psn
    [link] [comments]

    We've been upset about seasonal content going away but if Wrathborn Hunts disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't even notice.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:04 PM PST

    There's no wall of opinion here. I just think competes with the towers for the worst and least compelling seasonal activity so far. I believe tweaks could have improved the Seraph Tower activity. I don't see anything happening that makes hunts more enjoyable that doesn't basically turn it into a different activity.

    submitted by /u/Mirror_Sybok
    [link] [comments]

    I wouldn't say no to a Stasis Exotic Sword that generates Whirlwinds

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 05:43 AM PST

    LET ME CRACK OPEN THE BOYS WITH A COLD ONE

    submitted by /u/StarAugurEtraeus
    [link] [comments]

    Are those pants purple?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 12:45 PM PST

    cause that ass is Legendary.

    submitted by /u/CriesOfeternity
    [link] [comments]

    The one thing that really disappointed me about Beyond Light was Stasis as a "Whole new damage type"

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 11:20 AM PST

    I seem to be in the minority on this subreddit in that I've been thrilled with all the new changes and content since BL launched. I'm playing way more, with more motivation to grind for stuff and sunsetting pushing me to change up my loadout and play in new ways. All around good stuff imo.

    Buttttt, my biggest disappointment (as mild as it is) is the introduction of Stasis outside of the new subclasses. It hardly feels like a new element when there's no weapons for it past Salvations Grip, Perks like Elemental Capacitor do nothing and only 8-9 individual enemies (as far as I remember) use it against us. There's not even any stasis shields.

    It's not game ruining by any stretch of the imagination, but it definitely feels lacking. I'm hoping we get some word from bungie if this is the extent they're taking Stasis or if they're treating it like champions last year and expanding it bit by bit.

    Either way, I'm loving the game right now, got my first seal a few days ago despite playing since d1 beta, and I'm eagerly awaiting what comes next!

    submitted by /u/hyperrealistickettle
    [link] [comments]

    I made a violin/piano cover of Deep Stone Lullaby

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:24 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/NmskELjynE4

    My favorite song from the Beyond Light OST. I knew I had to make a cover of it. Enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

    submitted by /u/chungy2552
    [link] [comments]

    With our weapon's having an expiration date, gunsmith rerolling should return.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 05:26 AM PST

    With how ruthless this game's RNG can get when it comes to getting a weapon roll you want (looking at you Stars in Shadow and Xenoclast) sunsetting can feel extra bad: getting a roll you want can take months and and when you do get it you know the clock is ticking before it's sunset.

    Now I know gunsmith rerolling can cause a D1 situation where everyone is running around with the same exact Felwinter's Lie (that's already happening anyway in D2 anyways) but I think it would be a good way to aliviate the layers upon layers of RNG se gotta fight in order to get the fun you want. And if anything is too overpowered it'll go away once it's sunset.

    While we're here, would it be too bad to give us back the ability to change a weapon's element? Back when Tractor cannon used to buff void more than all other elements I get why that was changed, but that's not the case anymore.

    Edit: "Weapons" not "weapon's", sorry.

    submitted by /u/GeraVIII
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a particular reason why Eververse doesn't just sell every single cosmetic?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:27 PM PST

    Never understood why the Archive tab doesn't just include all past cosmetics

    submitted by /u/DFOnly
    [link] [comments]

    Why was scourge of the past removed?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 03:00 AM PST

    Of all the content that bungie removed from the game, the removal of scourge is the one I don't understand.

    Earth is still in the game. The raid saw some of the highest clears. And in my opinion served as a great introductory raid for new players with good loot incentive behind it. Not to mention it being a fun raid to do with friends.

    Bungie if you are to bring stuff back from the DCV can this be on top of the list.

    submitted by /u/jrush987
    [link] [comments]

    Comp matchmaking is garbage

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 02:43 PM PST

    I am so tired of losing 10 games in a row because my 3500 ranked ass gets put up against unbrokens and flawless', while I get blueberries on my team. Not to mention I keep getting matched with the same teammates I just lost with several games in a row, against the same people. There's no way the comp pool is that small. So goddamn frustrating trying to get wins for the chance at a mida catalyst when I can play all day with only one win to show for it.

    submitted by /u/chaosking243
    [link] [comments]

    Sparrows should be updated like Ghost.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:01 PM PST

    Considering the sheer amount of sparrows available. Only 160's are in use cause who wants to be slower?.

    Which leaves so many just sitting there. Never being used. And some of them are pretty sweet looking.

    Which makes me think why haven't we been able to mod our sparrow. Make all sparrows 160z and have two mod slots. Maybe one is for reloading, and the other agility and so on. Hell, add in some new ones.

    Hell! Even have it so that if you do the sparrow triumph in the new raid you get a heated seal mod that allows your sparrow to stay heated so you don't get frozen during the raid!

    I think some mods could be rarer or locked out, for example the exotic sparrow that you can buy that reduces enemy aggro.

    It in general. There are cool sparrows out there that I'd like to use, but never cause they are 150. So it feels like just wasted game files that could be better spent in a similar fashion to that of the new ghosts.

    submitted by /u/Weiss_127
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please get 6 man Season activity’s back

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:36 AM PST

    [I apologize for my bad writing and english skills]

    I am not shure if I'm the only one who wants this, but hopefully we can all agree that the Wrathborn hunts are getting bored after the third or fifth run, mostly because it's basically a solo activity not meant to be played with others, they are extremely short and way to easy. Yes you can run them together but why would you? It's not like you need someone else because the activity is complicated ore challenging in any way. Remember season 11 when contact events sometimes even failed with four people ore season of Dawn with the sundials you played in a team of 6 with interesting mechanics or season of opulence with the menagerie wich was just perfect giving players unike weapons bosses and amor.

    Yes solo activity's can be great, and there are a lot of solo players out there but Destiny is a multiplayer game and Season activity's that are meant to be played solo will always most likely „fail" to stay interesting over the time, simply because they have to be easy so that one can do them solo without struggling.

    So if you ask me, the best concept for a seasonal activity is and will alway be a public event or even better a matchmade activity because both can provide the difficulty and complexity that is needed to keep the player base interested.

    Edit: It's great to see so many discussions, creative ideas and responses

    submitted by /u/Red_Raven9
    [link] [comments]

    120s are literally what scouts should be.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:15 AM PST

    Heavy hitters capable of lane control which benefit tremendously from buffs, team shooting and weakened enemies while their base TTK is deceiving and does not explain their full utility.

    You already have the blueprint, Bungie.

    edit: and they sound good, most scouts sound like they are shooting peas.

    submitted by /u/N1miol
    [link] [comments]

    Towerthought: Spider is the most powerful character in-universe because he can just hire us to kill anything he wants

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 02:53 AM PST

    Spider is kind of OP. For real though, think about it. This motherfucker has gjallarhorns and shit. Clearly this sleazy spacer could have access to all the loot we sorely miss. I betcha he's got final round efri spear, tlaloc, apr snipers that wall-bang, two-tap thorn, the bladedancer subclass, the counter to stasis, a copy of cayde's ghost, Cayde 1-5, free reddit karma and gold for dtg, my hopes and dreams. Fuck I would slaughter baddies in multiple timelines for some of the goodies that might be in spider's web.

    Maybe if the tower didn't offer such shit rewards, some schmuck in the tangled shore wouldn't have the potential to buy us out by literally just offering us a bunch of copies of the gun we want.

    Hell, give me +5 on average stat rolls higher than trials gives me and I'll murder any God for Spider.

    Seems like an oversight and honestly the shit rewards existing with such an influential character clearly able to buy out the demi-god protagonist of the series is clearly a security risk.

    I'm surprised the tower isn't lavishing us with loot, upgrades and light-enhancing gear constantly. Fuck, give me 8 cores and you bought me out for 30 minutes compared to anyone in the tower.

    TL;DR: Spider is OP in universe because he clearly has access to Guardian Crack and we clearly keep visiting him and working for him, the guardian protagonist is one of the most powerful beings in-universe

    -Pwad

    submitted by /u/Pwadigy
    [link] [comments]

    Bungo Plz MORE Weapon-Armor Exotic combos!!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:20 PM PST

    I absolutely ADORED when they added the Thorn - Necrotic Grip combination. It was absolutely beautiful and I would KILL for there to be more of that in the game! It's also a fantastic example considering that it's not op (by far) but instead is just a really fun combo which I really, really enjoyed and I know many others did too. We have similar things, such as Sweet Business + Actium War Rig, which don't get me wrong is super fun too, but I think the community would really appreciate more of that type of combinations.

    submitted by /u/PizzaCalson
    [link] [comments]

    Help a mom with no idea on pc!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:55 PM PST

    My son and husband played D2 on their playstations. My son got a pc for xmas and after a long break from destiny he wants to play it again . When I buy it for him on steam and get him the new DLC will my husband be able to play on pc too under his steam account as well... obviously play it when my kids not playing on the pc ...or does the DLC only work for one person on the pc. I'd ask my husband but I want it to he a surprise lol . Sorry if my spelling is off I'm on my phone and its late

    Thank you .

    submitted by /u/mydog_iscoolerthanu
    [link] [comments]

    Emote descriptions should also include what they say in the feed.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:56 PM PST

    I shouldn't have to go to the Wiki just to find out what an emote says in the feed upon activation. It should be added under the other description so we can properly pick and choose instead of the usual, equip and test.

    submitted by /u/lordrignard
    [link] [comments]

    If there’s a triumph for solo flawless(anything) an emblem should always accompany it.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 12:01 AM PST

    I don't play as often as I used to so I just noticed that there's a triumph for solo flawless Harbinger and I got excited, I love these challenges for the dungeons.. then I realized there's no emblem and it doesn't appear to be a requirement for a seal.. and my excitement dissipated when I tried to answer "but why?"

    These challenges are fun but they require time and effort to come up with strategies and builds. I can't be the only one who needs that little extra incentive to care enough.

    submitted by /u/GuardianSmith
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't Adept weapons curated rolls?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:05 AM PST

    Well... Trials is sometimes fun, sometimes super fun... and most of the time pretty annoying. Getting flawless is something I managed to get once this season and... boy-o-boy. Adept Loot? That Exlie's Curse with Underdog + Celerity did NOT felt "Adept".

    Hear me out.

    I don't get it, why don't the Curated roll of these weapons drop normally, or even BE the adept versions of these weapons? Why would anyone in the right mind grind a playlist like trials over and over again for an underwhelming gun? Does Bungie really think that poorly of Trials itself to put such a low chance of getting desirable rolls in these guns to keep us interested?

    Random rolls is what people wanted, me included. However with how the system currently works and how Bungie manages to put some lackluster perks in the same pool with GOD-TIER ones is just disappointing. Why don't make a better perk pool for adept weapons, or make several Curated rolls that make these guns desirable?

    submitted by /u/DarkMagicianBr
    [link] [comments]

    Banshee selling Blessing of Rasputin

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:11 AM PST

    Go get it now

    submitted by /u/CrimsonRed_1337
    [link] [comments]

    I got some custom patches for my fireteam's day 1 Deep Stone completion

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:40 PM PST

    Prime Gaming offer

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:21 AM PST

    Not sure if it was posted here already, but there's a new bundle on Prime Gaming for Amazon Prime members. Graviton Lance, its ornament, an exotic Ghost Shell and a legendary sparrow is included. You can claim it until late February.

    submitted by /u/Snoo8331100
    [link] [comments]

    Worth grinding a new eidolon ally roll?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:55 PM PST

    Got a really crappy roll and wondering if it's worth grinding another one out?

    submitted by /u/yeetgio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment