• Breaking News

    Monday, January 11, 2021

    Destiny Sunday Plz - Adjust Console Recoil To Match That Of PC Players

    Destiny Sunday Plz - Adjust Console Recoil To Match That Of PC Players


    Sunday Plz - Adjust Console Recoil To Match That Of PC Players

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    Greetings Guardians!

    Ever since the conception of this sub, we've dealt with floods of reposts. We're sure you're familiar with them. Many are for important issues that are shared by the entire player base, while others are just for personal requests and desires for the game. The Bungie Plz was shortly implemented after conception as a central "wish-list" for all that we, the community, desired. It is completely user driven. With rare exceptions, nearly all submissions are sent in by you, the users of this subreddit!

    However, just like Destiny 2, our wiki article began to experience problems as it grew over time. It's been getting just a few sizes too big. We understand that the continued addition of topics has begun to encroach on your ability to continue the conversation towards matters that mean the most to you, and even though the Bungie Plz has seen so many successes over the years, with well over 100 officially implemented game suggestions and desires, there's still dozens upon dozens of retired topics that haven't seen the light of day for many months...even years!


    Every Sunday, this thread will focus on a certain retired Bungie Plz topic of your choosing, voted by the users. We will curate a list of 5 suggestions to help focus your voting process, but you get the final say on what is talked about each week. By all means, if one topic is overwhelmingly desired despite not being part of those 5 items we picked, then we'll be happy to go with that one. Our curated list is only to help you focus the conversation. The only stipulation is that the topic must be new every week. This thread is for the entirety of the Bungie Plz wiki, so no back-to-back voting!

    Think of these threads as a way to keep the spark alive, and to bring old topics up to fresh light. For example, do we still want to move Queenbreaker to the special slot? Or does Arbalest serve that purpose well enough now? Do we still want an all-black shader, or do we want a character barbershop more?

    You tell us! This is your conversation, guardians.

    For this week, you guys voted on:

    Adjust/Reduce Console Recoil to match that of PC

    For next week, here are some suggestions:

    • Give Arbalest shield-piercing rounds as an intrinsic perk
    • Kill Clip should auto refresh when reloading while active
    • Make all sparrows 160 speed
    • Let us apply shaders to exotic weapons
    • Separate the melee and the melee ability button

    Sound off in the sticky comment for which one sounds good (just give us a moment to put it up), or anything else in the Bungie Plz wiki that catches your eye, and we'll do our best to accommodate!


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2021-01-11]

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, the final chest in the DSC raid is a perfect example of how to mitigate bad luck and I think you should bring that concept into ALL activities.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:49 AM PST

    For those that don't know, at the end of the Deep Stone Crypt raid the final chest acts as a vendor of sorts. Within the vendor menu you have 3 chests at the top that can randomly drop any piece of loot from any of the encounters in the raid. For example, let's say you can't get the helmet to drop from the encounter that drops the helmet, if you select the "helmet chest" at the vendor then you have a chance at the helmet to drop again.

    The thing I really like about this concept though is that after you have acquired all of the gear from the raid the three previously mentioned chests become disabled and you can pick any piece of gear in the raid for a random roll.

    I think this concept should be added to every activity in the game, including "high skill" and pvp activities.

    Even gatcha games have bad luck protection and this concept would be one of the better ways for it to work in destiny.

    TL;DR: Bungie, you did a great thing with the final chest in the GSC raid, please carry that vendor function over to ALL activities.

    submitted by /u/trueGator89
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get a shader kiosk for the unobtainable shaders in the game now?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Since we are able to spend mats on stuff like raid exclusive exotics I don't see how it would be a problem to have a way to get some of the shaders from activities or rare drops that are no longer available in the game to drop. Leviathon, BA, and other removed in game drop shaders come to mind.

    submitted by /u/LordtoRevenge
    [link] [comments]

    But seriously, take a break if you’re not having fun.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:55 AM PST

    I finally reached the tipping point with Destiny before Christmas. I played through a lot of it a lot of fast, but got to the point where rewards were basically meant little or nothing to me. I kept thinking "but why bother with this then?". That's when I realized, playing the game itself wasn't fun enough.

    Made a choice to find something else to do and didn't realize I wouldn't log back in again (not sure if I will). Been playing WoW with friends and just having way way more fun. So much to do and much more depth. Clearly it's a more premium game due to cost, but it seriously makes the "Destiny is an MMO" narrative laughable.

    Having a bad time? Log out, do something else. Your free time is special to you, don't waste it.

    submitted by /u/jtighe
    [link] [comments]

    Honkmoon? Beariana's? Sure. But now I present, the Fighting Lion.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:12 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/CeggGjD

    Let's see how far we can push this.

    submitted by /u/GimmeDatGrimoire
    [link] [comments]

    I’ ve come to share my joy. I did my first ever 1280 solo lost sector and I am so proud!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:06 PM PST

    Dear Guardians,

    I've come to share my joy. I have always wanted to do something solo in this game that is really hard, and not a lot of people can do. I have friends that play destiny as casually as me, although they've never wanted the challenge as I have. So today after several tries, even with a fireteam, I decided that I am going to solo a lost sector for the triumph.

    Todays 1280 LS is Perdition, so I grabbed my Cloudstrike, Hailing Confusion, Falling Guillotine, Mask of Bakris and the Surge Eater mod and went in with currently 1266 power level. I must say this was the hardest, most challenging thing I've ever done in this game and I loved every single second of it. I was sweating like a madman and when I finally did it I was literally shaking. Keep in mind I've never done anything challenging in solo. I was so proud of myself to be able to do something like this, because I never thought I could ever do it.

    I am the proudest one man fireteam, and I am going to tell everyone about this. This moment is seriously one of my happiest moments in the game. Screw the hate against it, this game is the best!!!

    TL;dr: I did my first ever 1280 Lost sector solo, and I'm currently the happiest man alive.

    If any fellow Guardians want to know my setup, I'd love to share it

    submitted by /u/whoisthebalint
    [link] [comments]

    This is the most depressing video game subreddit I've ever been a part of.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:32 AM PST

    Sweet Jesus, guys. I understand the game may be struggling at the moment in many ways, but in all my years of gaming, I've never seen such a large majority of a community just so overwhelmingly negative about basically every aspect the game.

    Context: I joined near the end of Shadowkeep, so I'm obviously disconnected from the legacy relationship many of you have with this game, but I've gotta say- I always dread opening up this sub lately to check dailies/look for interesting posts, because I'm just met with a wave of "D2 is dead/Bungie gimme this feature if the game has any chance as surviving/everything is broken/this is the worst the game has ever been"

    I realise this may come off as me being apathetic, but I get the complaints, really I do, and I want to see this game thrive as much as you all do because I really do love it. I guess this is just me throwing my negativity into the mix because good god it hurts to be a new member in this community at times.

    But seriously, y'all seemed hella burnt out and should probably take a break for a bit if you're so unhappy with the current state of the game. Even WoW's community back in Warlords of Draenor was more optimistic than this and that's really saying something.

    Love, A budding guardian

    Edit: it's been really funny watching the upvotes on this post zig zag. Hope you're all having a good Sunday!

    Edit the second: lots of discussions here, really appreciate everyone's willingness to have civil discussions about this (except you, one guy who DM'd me just to tell me you block me haha what a weirdo). Thanks for the awards <3

    Edit the last: this really blew up! I see quite a lot of people who aren't aware of the existence of r/LowSodiumDestiny, a great alternative for people looking for a less salty place to discuss the game. Check it out!

    submitted by /u/Cammellocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    I spent too much time on Izanagi's Birden

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:37 AM PST

    If We Kill Savathun, She Deserves The Same Treatment As Oryx, where we kill her in her Throne World In the Raid.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:33 PM PST

    For something as powerful as she is, I just hope she gets treated as such. Not just another pushover story mission boss like Eramis. It feels like being a raid boss is that treatment she deserves, like Oryx.

    submitted by /u/CriesOfeternity
    [link] [comments]

    In a few weeks, we're going to lose 21 Season of Dawn guns to sunsetting. Here is the list & existing replacements or gaps

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:47 PM PST

    Once this season ends, 21 legendary guns will be sunset and can no longer be infused to a higher level. Unless Bungie re-releases them and makes you grind for the EXACT gun you already had, here is the list of guns going:

    Uriel's Gift - Only Arc auto left. Only 450 special in the game. You can use the 2 Halloween guns as your 450, but they're both kinetic.

    Steelfeather Repeater - Only 720 kinetic. Arctic Haze will be the only 720 auto remaining.

    Patron of Lost Causes - Nightwatch will still be viable

    Infinite Paths 8 - Chattering Bone will be the last 450 pulse, and it's kinetic. Jian is the arc pulse rifle remaining

    Old Fashioned - Dire Promise is around for 1 more season

    Jack Queen King 3 - Nation of Beasts from Last Wish is the exact gun & element

    Breachlight - No 325 Sidearm replacement

    Buzzard - Drang still works

    Travelers Judgment & Last Hope - Although Traveler's is not an Omolon sidearm, Last Dance replaces these

    Hawthorne's Shotgun - Not the same, but Toil & Trouble is the only world drop pellet gun. Astral Horizon is a Trials weapon

    Perfect Paradox - No replacement. Leaves 3 kinetic shotguns, with 2 coming from end game activities (Astral & Heritage which is a slug from the raid)

    Python - Felwinter's if it were obtainable. Otherwise, it's the last Aggressive energy shotgun

    Martyr's Retributon - Deafening Whisper is the second Wave Frame GL in the game

    Elatha & Gallant Charge - Solar fusions, but Glacioclast & Exile's Curse remain for 860 fusions

    Trophy Hunter - No replacement. Only void sniper currently, only Aggressive energy sniper. It's already a major hole in the inventory since it can't currently be obtained

    Mos Epoch & Pyroclastic Flow - Not that rockets are used, but Subzero Salvo is easily obtained

    Line in the Sand & Komodo - Corsair's Wrath will be the only LFR not sunset

    As we saw with the first wave of sunsetting, there are a LOT of gaps in our inventory without replacements. And we're about to lose a few decent guns. Trophy Hunter, Breachlight, Perfect Paradox & Uriel's are specific losses that put big gaps in our inventory.

    Also, if we've learned from Bungie's lack planning, we know that some CURRENT guns may be obtainable in the future. Corsair's Wrath will be the only LFR, Deafening Whisper is the only wave frame.... both obtained from hunts. Make sure you grab a decent one in case we lose them in future loot pools (similar to Trophy Hunter)

    submitted by /u/JLoco11PSN
    [link] [comments]

    The Umbral Engram system from Season of Arrivals should be applied to all vendors in order to make going for specific loot drops possible.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:22 AM PST

    The Umbral Engram system was a great example of how a targeted loot system inside of Destiny could work. Having the ability to target specific types of loot via different engrams would make turning in tokens to Zavala, Shaxx, Saladin, and world vendors more appealing. Something as simple as separating armor and weapon drops into two separate engrams that the player can choose from upon increasing their reputation level with a vendor would go a long way compared to the current system. It sucks getting an armor drop from Saladin when you're specifically going for weapons. Additionally, it would also be nice to have the ability to target previous Iron Banner weapons (Crimils Dagger comes to mind) via a legacy engram.

    submitted by /u/Viper-Venom
    [link] [comments]

    The Whisper and Outbreak missions were peak “You had to be there!!!” moments in D2 - we need more surprises with great content and loot

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:07 AM PST

    These moments and missions were so unbelievably hype.

    The Whisper mission started out lame with the RNG aspect of even being able to access it. But the mission and loot itself was amazing. And they fixed accessibility with the Outbreak.

    I just assumed we'd get some more of these "out of nowhere" drops - especially with both being put into the DCV. But so far it's nothing. Zero spontaneous excitement from the game.

    We have nothing like it currently in the game and it's been forever since there's been that hype for the game.

    The Bastion corridors of time was sort of close. But was a massive let down with the loot being already on the rod map and wasn't replayable.

    I really hope there's more of these genuine "you had to be there moments" of dope content and loop dropping out of nowhere.

    It's things like those missions dropping that make Destiny so damn enjoyable. We need more of it.

    EDIT 1: I should clarify that I'm not asking for the artificial FOMO like the seasonal content nonsense. These mission drops were "you had to be there" but not FOMO. If you weren't there the moment they dropped, it wasn't FOMO. You could still run the content.

    submitted by /u/blueapplepaste
    [link] [comments]

    The Crow should have gotten hawkmoon as HIS weapon.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:37 PM PST

    Was playing through the quest today and I can't help but feel like he deserves his own exotic. Maybe bungie have plans for this later. But I really like the idea. Of him getting hawkmoon. People point out how hawkmoon is the opposite of the age of spades in terms of reloading. The 1st you want to use the whole mag. The 2nd reload when you 1st get a kill. I think it would be interesting as the crow/ Uldren killed Cayde the owner of the ace of spades. Plus they both are related through birds. The guy deserves that hand cannon.

    Edit: I am aware of the fact he doesn't like hand cannon's sound I just thought it would be an interesting analogy

    submitted by /u/Tankfive0124
    [link] [comments]

    Crow: "Do you think if we found an Ahamkara bone here we'd be able to wish The Hive out of existence?"

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:48 AM PST

    Me: "Sorry mate, Bungo still hasn't patched them back into the game yet, you gotta wait like the rest of us."

    submitted by /u/Craideus
    [link] [comments]

    Alright alright alright, y’all made me do it

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:42 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/owTIRSt

    May I present, the Malpheasant.

    submitted by /u/Guarlax
    [link] [comments]

    EDZ winding cove fallen ship, I just can’t quit you.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:59 PM PST

    Every time I'm in the winding cove I see the fallen ship drop in over the water and I think to myself "I'll just do one". 3-5 fallen drop out, I merc 'em and I turn around. Then I hear the ship immediately return and I look back. "Well... maybe just one more" I think. An hour later and I wonder what has become of my life and why everything is so itchy.

    submitted by /u/Chineseupthemeyes
    [link] [comments]

    Well, you guys twisted my brain, so now you get Beariana's Vow

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 11:13 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/xjOQFKO

    God help us all.

    Well... This is now my most popular post of all time and it was a two minute photoshop job done at fuck-o-clock in the morning.

    submitted by /u/Janube
    [link] [comments]

    Ada-1 and the 'earth forge' should have stayed

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:29 PM PST

    Edit: Volundr forge!

    Awesome weapons and a nice environment to test new loadouts. Also, small areas that are still in the game, so minimum amount of storage required for some great content.

    submitted by /u/sgnir2
    [link] [comments]

    Stasis has done a very good job at making me hate the darkness

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:29 PM PST

    Was always torn on aligning with the dark or light. The amount of sheer hatred I have for stasis has simply helped me realize how much I appreciate the light and its subclasses. Perhaps that was Bungie's plan all along. A great way to bring the story directly into the gameplay by making an unreasonably unfun subclass to play against.

    submitted by /u/Lazerlemon
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the Seasonal Artifact cost increasingly insane amounts of Glimmer to change?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:44 AM PST

    Why can't I pay 10k each time. It's hard enough keeping up with a rotating flurry of modifiers. And want the whole idea to showcase cool new things? My next changeout is 75k... why?

    submitted by /u/BurnerOfBridges
    [link] [comments]

    The Definitive, Scientific Rankings of NPC/Vendors (based on neck mobility)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:57 PM PST

    Abstract: Here I have completed a comprehensive, scientific study of the neck mobility capabilities of each NPC in Destiny 2 (based on their ability to track the player).

    Methods: Gain attention of each NPC by standing in front of them and strafing a tiny bit left and right until their head starts tracking me. Move around to measure the maximum neck-turn-angle that the NPC tracks me.

    Results: Of 22 NPCs, 8 had no player-tracking neck mobility. This included 2 AI NPCs, one of which has no head, and the other which is purely a head that cannot rotate. Additionally, 1 NPC seemed to ignore the player and focused on peering into the darkness in random directions. The remaining 14 NPCs did track the player, and had neck mobility ranging from 15 degrees to 135 degrees (mean=71.8, stdev=29.8). The Drifter NPC was unique in having multiple axes of neck rotation.

    See Table below.

    Rank NPC Neck Angle (Tracking Player) Note Link
    N/A Ikora 0° Head does not track player. http://i.imgur.com/qNy93dQ.jpg
    N/A Elsie 0° Head does not track player. https://i.imgur.com/gXQG4cC.jpg
    N/A Variks 0° Head does not track player. https://i.imgur.com/T5uM18P.jpg
    N/A Clovis 0° Head does not track player. https://i.imgur.com/DUpWgIS.jpg
    N/A Petra 0° Head does not track player. https://i.imgur.com/Z1aQ1uG.jpg
    N/A Holliday 0° Holliday head is rotated, but does not track player. https://i.imgur.com/6Qrf2FB.jpg
    N/A Eris 0° Peers randomly into the darkness. https://i.imgur.com/PV3CCgY.jpg
    N/A Failsafe 0° No head. https://i.imgur.com/L5Y42Tt.jpg
    14 Spider 15° https://i.imgur.com/3JwHh7B.jpg
    13 Rahool 30° https://imgur.com/a/CqZRlhz
    12 Shaw Han 50° https://imgur.com/a/rRzaCkd
    11 Xur 55° https://i.imgur.com/swLiyLM.jpg
    10 Banshee 60° https://i.imgur.com/N8Ea3PG.jpg
    9 Saint-14 65° https://i.imgur.com/AAAKCOc.jpg
    8 Osiris 75° https://i.imgur.com/eGpMyYj.jpg
    6 (tied) Hawthorne 80° https://i.imgur.com/Vt127eR.jpg
    6 (tied) Shaxx 80° https://i.imgur.com/lDpXyRQ.jpg
    4 (tied) Devrim 85° https://i.imgur.com/fimtWe7.jpg
    4 (tied) Crow 85° https://i.imgur.com/zqk32ew.jpg
    3 Zavala 90° https://i.imgur.com/waYaHvQ.jpeg
    2 Saladin 100° https://i.imgur.com/K02p8jx.jpg
    1 (Grand Prize) Drifter 135° Multiple axes of neck rotation. https://i.imgur.com/ENyTd3l.jpg

    submitted by /u/voteforhe
    [link] [comments]

    A Gambit Review that isn’t “Invader bad” plz nerf

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:21 PM PST

    Firstly, to establish a guise of informed authority, this is coming from a Dredgen Reckoner with over 2k hours in destiny and 10 Infamy Resets. Not flexing, just some experience here and I'd like to offer opinions and hear some as well. TLDR at the bottom.

    The only thing that inspired me to write this is just how bad Gambit became since the Regular/Prime combo. Let me also say this isn't just another "Invasions bad, Heavy Ammo Bad hur hur" post, however I will address both.

    Here's a few examples of problems and a few ways to fix them:

    Number 1 is something I like to call sniperfrog, a term I stole from the MW2 Days. Sniperfrog is a kind of code they believe to be implemented in games as a balancing and tuning mechanism. To put it simply, if you're doing well, the game gets harder. Perhaps ads target you more, or less ammo drops for you, etc etc. if you're doing poorly, you get more ammo, bosses just spit loogies at you, and the ads don't even know you're there. Have you ever been vibing along, 14 motes in hand, absolutely tanking damage left and right, then you get one shot by a Vex Hydra? Maybe instamelted by a cabal turret? I'm sure it's happened to everyone at some point, which by nature and logic makes it kind of fair, but also kind of unfair. Why can I be an Invincible god one match, then a piece of wet toilet paper the next? To be honest, I'm not a programmer, I'm not a developer, I don't know anything about coding, so I don't have specific ways to fix this, which is why I started off with this one.

    Number 2 is about team cohesion and catch-up mechanics. Yes, 4 stacks obviously have a strategic advantage, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Back in the prime days, one person could easily carry a bad team, I did it often. There's a medal in gambit where you have to kill x guardians while invading, kill x invaders, kill x combatants, bank x motes, kill a high value target, and kill x blockers all in one match. I've had several of them. Usually, the one carrying would be an invader, keeping the opposing team busy and/or healing the primeval. Does this reflect too much power delegated to invaders? Perhaps. Nowadays in gambit, it's very easy for one team to run away with the game, but sometimes not because of invaders, but rather mote draining. I personally think 2 blockers shouldn't be enough to start a drain, I would suggest 3, and I would double the time between motes drained.

    Number 3 is about invading and more catch-up mechanics. As I said before, this isn't an "invading bad" post, however, I don't think that you should be able to invade if your team has primeval already. I've been in several games where the other team has primeval and invades at least twice thereafter. Feels to me like kicking you when you're down. My suggestion would obviously be to turn the portal off until the other team has primeval too, with a set number (3) of invades before primeval is popped on a use it or lose it basis, and then an invade every 25 seconds during primeval phase. To address invading more generally, I don't think invaders should have wall hacks. Yes I like how the enemy teams names pop up nice and bright and you can see how many motes they've got, but wallhacks are op in my opinion. Perhaps a fix would be wallhacks only for the first 10 seconds of an invade, as I feel those 10 seconds are usually spent running toward the center from where you spawned in anyways. Another potential fix is invaders can keep the wallhacks, but no overshield, but I feel the wallhacks would make a big difference to start.

    Number 4 is about heavy ammo spawning and weapon types. Yes I know, it's been beaten to death. "Heavy ammo bad, remove random ammo drops." Thats not what I'm here to say. I like the randomness of heavy ammo, as well as the spawned ammo boxes, it plays the same on both sides of an invade, if the heavy ammo truly is random. Some games I'll have no heavy by primeval, some games I'll have full heavy. That's fine with me, I don't care. As far as weapon types, I think it's funny people whined about truth for at least a year it feels like, Then Bungie goes and makes truth 2.0 by way of Eyes of Tomorrow. I'm 20 clears in and no EoT, but it seems like every other gambit invader has it lol. (Just a tough of personal salt, not relevant to my gambit analysis.) Xenophage is another classic invader weapon, and I'm not here to whine for a nerf, but maybe they could find a way to make it a consistent 2 tap. Sometimes I get 1 tapped, sometimes it's 2. Not a big deal I'm not gonna cry about it haha.

    The last thing I want to talk about is game length and mechanics as it relates to the primeval fight. My issue with the game length is not total length really, but more the primeval fight specifically. I feel like your typical gambit match is 90% motes 10% boss fight. I'd be happier with a 50% 50% but I'm not gonna torture your casual gambit player like that. Perhaps a 75% 25%. I feel like the boss can get melted super quick, even with a group of randoms with no communication only at x2 primeval slayer. In my mind, that's not right, it should be hard to do real damage all the way to x6 stacks, that's when you can start melting. Just my personal opinion. I feel like this would 1- require more time devoted to chipping away and spawning more witches, and 2- allow more time for opposing invades, which allows for more catch-up for the other team. Additionally, I think the witches shields should be beefier as well, and be random elements like the prime days. Always void now. It's a little gripe but if they were thicker shields it could be strategic. Also, I never see Nokris as a boss anymore, and rarely see Brakion if at all, I don't remember. It's always centurion, knight, or meatball these days. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    TLDR: In summary, 3 blockers for drain, no wallhacks for invaders after 10 seconds, and longer and stronger primeval fight with more mechanics I feel would make a considerable difference in how gambit matches play out.

    I'd like to take this opportunity here at the bottom to mention some things I think they got right, and some little things I think they should add.

    I like how you can't lock the bank on an invade anymore, allows for some last second hero moments. I like how the primeval fight is in one location, less running to do. I like how you can't spam invasions back to back, the cool down timer is great.

    I wish they would add 20 mote blockers again, higher risk higher reward. And buff them too. I wish they would stop spamming meatball every other game lol. I wish they would add more maps.

    submitted by /u/CALIBER-JOHNSON
    [link] [comments]

    Sure there’s activities every season, but the soul of this game feels like it has died.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:41 PM PST

    I can't exactly put my finger on why I feel this way. It feels like every season is more about maximizing playtime and longevity rather than a team of developers coming up with something fun or interesting.

    This feels mostly prevalent in activities since exotics seem a lot more interesting. Whenever I go back to Destiny 1, while I don't play it for long, something that's intangible feels incredibly different. There's gotta be some secret sauce that D1 has that D2 doesn't, because from a surface level perspective D2 seems better, but in practice it isn't??

    Maybe someone else can shed some light on this feeling.

    Edit: Taking a break isn't the issue. Please stop saying it.

    submitted by /u/Silverfrost_01
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Bungie, Getting Kicked To Orbit During Matchmaking Shouldn’t Result In A Loss In Trials

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:03 PM PST

    I'm not the greatest pvp player, but we had some fortunate luck and got to 4 wins on a mercy card, disconnected to orbit and burned our mercy. This shouldn't be a thing.

    submitted by /u/AsianChicksRockDicks
    [link] [comments]

    Part 2 of Making my real life Destiny Seal Pins look like their in-game images

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:58 PM PST

    Making My Real-Life Destiny Seal Pins look like they do IN-GAME (TL;DR below)

    About a year ago, I made a post on this Sub, about how I was not completely satisfied with the Bungie Store Triumphs Seals that I had purchased.

    When you receive the Seals, they don't really look like they do in the the actual game. So I took a chance and using a prior post on the sub, I went through the process of modifying my Destiny Seals to make them look like they do in the game. The original post received Gold (thanks again folks!) and at the time, many people had requested a video showing the actual process of what I did. I promised that I would make a video showing this off.

    Well, the only problem with that was the fact that to do that, I'd have to basically undo my work that I did, and then do it again, while recording. Instead, I opted to wait until things were slower in Destiny, and in my life. Well, here we are! I had six new Triumph Seals pins, and the time seemed right to make a video on this for those who are interested.

    Again, here's the process of what I did: I used a "reverse wash" painting technique which is basically painting the entire pin with a smooth layer of enamel paint. Once it dried, I used some very small q-tips with a very small amount of paint thinner, and cleared off the raised parts of the seal.

    Here's a link to pictures of all of my seals, including the Before/After for the new seals that I worked on: https://imgur.com/a/2hjKdhq

    I am not a crafty person, and I was able to accomplish this pretty easily. But, with very little effort, it made them look amazing, and they now look like they do in-game.

    As promised, here's the Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77lQj0fyTi0 video ( for those of you who are interested in doing the same thing, with all the materials I used, actually doing the painting and "reverse-washing" before and after, etc.

    Again, credit to the original idea goes to the prior post I linked above, which I just took a step further. With things being slow in Destiny 2, maybe some of you are looking for a way to sharpen up your collection, or enjoy Destiny 2 "content", without getting Shatter-Dived.

    I was glad that I took the chance last year, and with more practice now, I've got this down to a science. If you have any questions on how to do this, please let me know, and I'd be glad to help out in whatever way I can. Thanks so much for checking this out if you've made it this far.

    TL;DR - Real Life Seals don't look like they do in the game! Watch video, and do that to make them look great. It's easy.

    submitted by /u/ManoDestra777
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment