• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 20, 2021

    Destiny Community Focus: Kim Mihok

    Destiny Community Focus: Kim Mihok


    Community Focus: Kim Mihok

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50199


    Hello, and welcome to the Community Focus. If you're new around these parts, these articles give us some wonderful opportunities to introduce you to awesome members of the Destiny community. This week, we'll be sitting down with a wonderful artist that caught our eye with their killer art pieces on social media.

    Please welcome to the stage, Kim Mihok!


    Hey Kim! Let's get this show on the road. Tell us a bit about yourself, where you're from, and how cold Canada is right now.

    Kim: Hi everyone! My name is Kim and I'm a 2D artist/illustrator. We just had our first "fake Spring" here in Canada but now we're back to cooler temperatures for a while. Ever since I can remember I've done art and played video games. In my spare time I mostly draw Destiny fanart and Hand Cannons. During the day, I work full-time in graphic design and marketing and do my illustrations in the evenings and on weekends. My goal is to keep improving and eventually work in video games.

    It's such an incredible honour to be featured in the Community Focus as both an artist and as a Guardian. I was in a dark place when the Destiny Alpha happened during E3 2014. I'd just been made redundant at my old job and was horribly depressed. Destiny gave me a reason to wake up in the morning. I'd spend my days helping lower-level Guardians complete activities in game. Vault of Glass raids were my specialty, and I would raid repeatedly just to help my newfound friends. It's been a long road, but Destiny has always been there for me. Can't wait to get back to the Vault of Glass in Season 14.

    Vault of Glass is a classic, and we're getting pretty excited for its return in Season of [REDACTED]. Are there any standout experiences that come to mind when reminiscing?

    Kim: People say you never forget your first raid, and I'll never forget the Vault of Glass. Using Icebreaker on Oracles, Fatebringer doing work on ad-clear during Templar. I'm ashamed to admit that as a Sunsinger Warlock I cheesed Atheon to get my helmet and Vex Mythoclast. What do you do after getting an Exotic? You take it to the Cosmodrome to test it out. The way the enemies disintegrated, and that sound! So happy that I can test new weapons in the Cosmodrome in Destiny 2 now. This is going to sound silly but the jumping puzzle after the Gorgon Maze caused problems for some players.

    Fatebringer 💎@Bungie @DestinyTheGame @A_dmg04 @thislukesmith #Destiny2 pic.twitter.com/SgFhoRPCET

    — Kim Mihok (@hapicatART) August 27, 2019

    So, the fireteam would stand at the doors to the Gate encounter. While waiting, we would melee the door and say, "Touch the butt." (Adorable sea creature movie reference.) It wasn't until everyone did it that the doors opened for the next encounter! This then became a Wolfpack Alpha Lupi (WPAL) clan tradition, even after we figured out that you just had to be there to trigger the doors.

    So tell us, have you always been a Warlock, or have you dabbled with the other classes in Destiny?

    Kim: I've been a Warlock main since the very beginning. I'm almost always Dawnblade, Attunement of Grace. My favourite thing to do is place a baby well down for my fireteam and throw healing grenades at myself and others when they're taking too much damage. Generally, I play support as a healer role, but sometimes I like using Arc Buddy too. I have a Titan and Hunter for additional raid runs but Warlock will always be my true love.

    Let's talk a bit about your art. Is there any specific activity, destination, or theme of Destiny that's inspired your art most?

    Kim: The return of Saint-14 inspired me greatly during Season of Dawn. The lore entry "The Accolade" specifically. During that time, not only was I excited for his imminent return, but also his eventual confirmed relationship with Osiris. I like the idea that Saint really went out of his way to help so many, even though they had nothing to give him in return but the accolades, a true knight in shining armour. I coloured the accolades in rainbow to represent the diversity of the Destiny universe and how that diversity gives Guardians strength.

    "Please, no." #destinyart pic.twitter.com/PnTUngQt8L

    — Kim Mihok (@hapicatART) November 14, 2020

    With Empress Caiatl in Season of the Chosen, her uncompromising strength and willingness to do everything she can to help her people is so good to see such an unyielding character. Caiatl's resolve to help her people despite everything she's endured was very inspiring to see. The Cabal royalty have such an intricate elegance I just had to draw her and her gilded blade the moment I saw her.

    Bow to your Empress#Destiny2 #Destiny2Art pic.twitter.com/g1SZPCIwWv

    — Kim Mihok (@hapicatART) February 23, 2021

    Other than the story beats from week to week I'm really enjoying running Deep Stone Crypt with my clan. Bungie is doing what no other game company is doing when it comes to the raid experience in Destiny. It's the ultimate team building activity. We have lots of fun messing around with our call outs and trying new strategies. Garden of Salvation and Last Wish are also great. Raiding is what I do to relax and have fun so the more raids the better! They are incredibly beautiful spaces I can't help but stop and take screenshots every few steps for inspiration.

    Weekly raids have been the highlight of my Season as well, even if I haven't gotten that perfectly rolled Commemoration... but stay on topic. Do you have any advice for aspiring artists who'd like to start spreading their wings?

    Kim: The best advice I ever got was this: Draw something every day. Draw anything, and everything, draw what inspires you the most! Use anything that piques your interest and keeps you drawing. Like using ballpoint pen? Go for it! There's no wrong answer. Try not to be hard on yourself when you hit a rough patch or need time off, the important thing is that you keep going, learning, and practicing – in a year's time you will notice progress. There are so many great tutorials for free online and artists sharing their process and answering questions. It's not easy and you're going to have to work hard. I promise it'll be worth it.

    It seems a simple pen can be a powerful weapon on the road to improvement. Speaking of weapons... what Exotics are you wielding when decimating your foes between screenshots and artwork?

    Kim: It's a tie between Hawkmoon and Dead Man's Tale at the moment. I'm partial to both Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons. There's something about a Cand Cannon that is very uniquely Destiny. Since I run Well-lock most of the time, I use Lunafaction Boots for the benefit of my fireteam, even with the nerfs it's still a good choice and you do miss it when it's not there for the DPS phase.

    Stalk thy prey and let loose thy talons upon the Darkness. #destinyart #Destiny2 pic.twitter.com/SI21bhabWj

    — Kim Mihok (@hapicatART) January 28, 2021

    You have chosen... wisely! Yeehaw or Cacaw, both are great primaries to choose from. As we're nearing the end of our Focus, let's get some links out! What are the best places for the community to find you and your work?

    Kim: You can find me on Twitter and I'm on Instagram too!

    Any shoutouts you'd like to give before riding off into the sunset?

    Kim: I would not have been able to do any of this without my family and friends supporting my creativity. I am so humbled and grateful to have their help and encouragement to keep improving. Even when I felt like giving up, they were always there for me. The Destiny art community is a great bunch of people. We help each other learn from past mistakes and provide much needed support to keep going. Whether it's a game problem or an art problem the Destiny fan art community is a close knit, friendly group of Guardians that is kind, inclusive, and accepting of new people.

    Also, I can't forget to mention my clan the Wolfpack Alpha Lupi. Without them I would not have been able to have so many great experiences playing Destiny. The Destiny community's sense of comradery breaks through societal boundaries. Come join us! Together we'll keep fighting to make our dreams come true.

    Many thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you again out there in the wild!


    If you have any recommendations for future Community Focus articles, feel free to let me or Cozmo know on Twitter, or post a thread to the forums on Bungie.net.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2021-03-20]

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Season of the Chosen Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny 2 for the Mildly Inept

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    I've watched a lot of videos that claim to show the EASY way to dominate bosses and drown in filthy lucre. All you need to do is use this exact class and this set of unobtainable CWL mods and that weapon you can only get from the raid.

    As a counter point, some highly skilled players post videos of themselves with basic equipment, e.g. running Harbinger 80 points under-level, or with nothing but blue gear. While watching Esoterickk destroy raid bosses solo with a toothpick is fun and educational, it doesn't directly translate to something I can do.

    The fundamental problem is that my 50th birthday is in the rear-view mirror, and I was never that great in the first place. I've been playing FPS games for 40 years (Battlezone counts!), and at no point have I been highlight-reel material.

    I'm not bad at the game. Sometimes I could be mistaken for being good at it. Other times I just feel like I'm... mildly inept.

    To make matters worse, I don't even have a lot of the fancy gear. I played heavily for a few months when Destiny 2 first came out, then I stopped for about 3 years, then I started again in late December. Because of sunsetting, nerfing, and Armor 2.0, all of my gear was junk. I still only have about half of the CWL and WM mods. I find that raids have an unfavorable stress-to-fun ratio, so I don't do those.

    I refuse to believe I'm unique in my mild ineptitude, so I figured I'd try my hand at making some videos that demonstrate how to do some of the medium-difficulty content without needing a specific build, fancy gear, fancy skills, or a fireteam. Notably:

    • - How to solo each of the lost sectors at Legend difficulty.
    • - How to solo the Xenophage exotic quest.
    • - How to solo the Hawkmoon Harbinger mission.

    While the popular streamers can strip off the fancy gear, they can't downgrade their talent and skills. With my aging reflexes and indifferent talent, you can be assured that following in my footsteps is entire plausible.

    All videos were narrated in real time. I haven't tried to talk and play at the same time before, and the results were about what I expected... sometimes words no go good huh where was I? But for the most part the narration is coherent and possibly even useful.

    Q: Is D2MI right for me?

    A: If you can blaze through lost sectors at Master difficulty, congratulations, you don't need this. If you struggle to run lost sectors at normal difficulty, you probably need to improve your skills first. If you think the hardest part of Harbinger is the jumping, you are squarely in my target demographic.

    Q: Should I like, subscribe, ring that bell, wax that turtle, etc.?

    A: Nah. This was fun, but I think I'm done for a while.

    The videos are collected in a youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhaSBFvHy8zZqrErNdQ2EQuIXC-p8tM8j

    submitted by /u/VoidGrazer
    [link] [comments]

    We have an Exotic Weapon Ornament tab - could we get an Exotic Armour Ornament tab?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    Or even something similar to what happened with the No Time To Explain ornament - where the ornaments are blanked out and it tells you where to acquire them.

    (Side note: where is my NTTE ornament?!)

    submitted by /u/Tinnber
    [link] [comments]

    Trials is back who's ready to jump off the edge?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Hahaha okay I have never jumped off the edge because I think it's fun to try even if I get smoked most rounds, but it does crack me up that I have run into several teams actually jumping off the edge. To get the 3 win reward.

    Also kind of speaks to how broken Trials is that people would do that but not much I can do about that.

    submitted by /u/Trictities2012
    [link] [comments]

    The Trials Bounty is Positive. It gives the community a chance to see how shit ToO is.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Before the bounty we just had people asking for a reason to play. Now, with the bounty, everyone has a reason to play - and everyone thinks Trials is shit. This is a feedback machine.

    submitted by /u/One_ill_KevinJ
    [link] [comments]

    Just Wanted to Stick a Jet Engine on a Ghost

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Sure, I could say I was practicing my high to low poly workflow and that I'm trying to get better with UV unwrapping and texturing.

    Really, I just wanted to put a jet engine on a ghost though.

    Thanks for looking :]

    submitted by /u/DenalCC1010
    [link] [comments]

    Igneous Hammer is the 3 win reward on Trials. 120rpm Solar Hand Cannon

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Confirmed via a 3 win reward bounty turn in

    Best time to get in there and get one! Make sure you 'dive in' for a chance at it

    Good luck!

    submitted by /u/RiseOfBacon
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing how well bungie is portraying Caitl in game after only reading about her makes me really pumped for Mithrax

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    Just a year ago heir apparent gave us some more info on Caitl after not hearing much about her apart from calus's letter and the forth horseman quest. After seeing how well they introduced her and just how great of a character she is story wise has given me so much excitement to see how Mithrax will act when he comes into the story. I love reading the lore tabs on him and his fire team, and I hope we meet them too

    submitted by /u/breedofevil
    [link] [comments]

    story missions should be replayable

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    I know empire hunts and baron hunts and nightmare hunts but playing last call or nothing left to say or beyond is so fun I keep making new characters to play these missions

    and I know some people won't like this idea but if you ever can't find a game you can just boot up the campaigns and chill

    pls bungo

    submitted by /u/memelordgun
    [link] [comments]

    Cabal Should Just Make An Army of Scorpion Turrets

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    If they really wanted to win, they would stop training troops, and Invest in walking turrets. I've been killed by more turrets in destiny 2, than any other cabal troop in destiny 1 and 2 combined.

    submitted by /u/BlastBeatsKeepMeSane
    [link] [comments]

    Please Guardians, If you are going to use a LFG function, please be ready to go.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    No, the party will not go to the tower.

    No, You can't go use the vault, get a app.

    No, we will not wait while you watch the youtube video "real quick."

    Joining the LFG group should be the last thing you do. Do whatever you need to do outside in the real world before hand; go to the bathroom, talk to your GF, take a bong rip, feed your cat, whatever! Just please be respectful of the other people trying to use their valuable time to enjoy the game and not be floating in space waiting for the traveler's second coming.

    submitted by /u/jschem16
    [link] [comments]

    Dearest Bungie: I love you. Can we please have a way to view past cinematics again? Like a cinematic lore tab?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    I desperately want to be able to view cinematics more than once. I know I'm not alone in this. They are gorgeous, and my memory isn't great so it would really be beneficial for me to be able to view them again. And for those who need accommodations, if they don't have captions on beforehand, there's no way to go back and view it again after turning captions on. It feels alienating.

    To Redditors who may comment on this: Please no comments along the lines of "Play it again on a different character" or "Just use YouTube." There are valid reasons that many, many players want the option to review cinematics in-game on one character, and just because one player doesn't think it's worth it, that doesn't mean that there aren't countless others who would find immense value in the feature.

    submitted by /u/uberrapidash
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe is time to do something about spawn points in PVP

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    It's a little bit frustrating...

    https://imgur.com/a/Epj5E6z

    submitted by /u/chavo-b
    [link] [comments]

    Riven Of A Thousand Voices metal cover

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Riven Of a Thousand Voices metal cover

    📷

    Hey guys!! its been absolutely ages since I did a Destiny cover, some of you might of heard my take on the Gahlran theme I did back in 2019.
    This is my Riven Of A Thousand Voices cover completely re-recorded mixed and mastered to the best of my ability alongside a brand-new guitar play through! I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed creating it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mft0kJPeKyg

    For those who are interested this time I used STL Will Putney for the guitar tone, its an incredibly versatile amp sim that never disappoints!
    The guitar I used in the video is my RG921wbb, the thing is a monster and an absolute beauty!

    If anyone has any questions at all please please please don't hesitate to ask!

    submitted by /u/SwSh_Wohl
    [link] [comments]

    Gambit could seriously use some love, content, maps, etc.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    Seriously. Its a favorite game type of many players, and it only getting a new weapon once in a while isn't real support for it. It needs a full loot table refresh, a couple new maps, and maybe a boss rush mode or mayhem mode for events.

    submitted by /u/-Dark-Lord-Melkor-
    [link] [comments]

    Please get rid of celerity.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    3 different hand-cannons, three celerity rolls. There is never a time where I would take this over anything else in pvp. Please just get rid of the perk it's not worth having in the pinnacle of pvp.

    Update, I am now at 4 celerity hammers, this is wild

    submitted by /u/Juniorbaconcheese18
    [link] [comments]

    [D2] Trials of Osiris Megathread [2021-03-19]

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    Trials of Osiris is LIVE

    This thread is for all general discussion, questions, thoughts, musings, wonderings, etc. for the Trials of Osiris.

    FAQ

    What is Trials of Osiris?

    • Trials of Osiris is the pinnacle PvP activity. Every Weekend, the best players compete in 3v3 Elimination for one goal: Go Flawless.

    • To start, head to Saint-14 in the Tower Hangar and buy one of the possible passages (see below).

    • To reach Flawless and get to the Lighthouse, you need to win 7 matches without losing one.

    • It uses Win Based Matchmaking, which means you'll face teams with a similar amount of wins on their card. Matches will get harder as you win more matches.

    • There is NO fireteam matchmaking. You need to team up yourself!

    • Power Level matters, however bonus power from the artifact is not enabled.

    How Long do the Trials of Osiris last?

    • Event Starts: Every Friday at Daily Reset (1700 UTC).

    • Event Ends: Following Tuesday at Weekly Reset (1700 UTC).

    Where do I go to find Guardians to compete with in the Trials?

    • You can head over to /r/Fireteams, www.The100.io, Xbox LFG system, DestinyLFG.net or DestinyLFG.com, or go to the Bungie.net recruitment forum (also available through the Bungie App).

    What if I have a question about another piece of armor/weapon or general Trials question?

    • Use Control + F (Or Command + F if on a Mac) and search for keywords in your question. Someone may have asked it already. If they haven't ask right below.

    Trials of Osiris Map

    Surprise! (beep boop please report)

    Rewards

    Rotation not known yet, please let us know!

    • 3 Wins (Powerful): Surprise! (beep boop please report)
    • 5 Wins (Powerful): Surprise! (beep boop please report)
    • 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Surprise! (beep boop please report)
    • Flawless (Pinnacle): Surprise! (beep boop please report)

    Bounties

    Name Description Cost Requirement Reward
    End Game Complete matches and rounds. Wins in the Trials of Osiris grant the most efficient progress. Awards the 3 Win Challenge reward from this week. 1000 Glimmer 100 Progress XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Progress & 5 Trials Token & 1 Trials Engram
    Sweep the Field Defeat opponents. Multikills and streaks in the Trials of Osiris grant the most efficient progress. 1000 Glimmer 100 Progress XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Progress & 5 Trials Token

    Passages

    Name Perk Cost
    Passage of Mercy Forgives one loss per run. 25000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Ferocity With zero losses, your third win grants a bonus win. 25000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Wealth Increased tokens from reaching 3, 5, and 7 wins on a ticket. 35000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Wisdom Grants bonus XP from Trials wins, scaling with the number of wins on a ticket. 35000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards
    Passage of Confidence Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. 50000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards
    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    I want to BUILD something tangable in the world

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    It seems like since the red war our guardian hasn't had many opportunities to try rebuilding or reclaiming what the vanguard and the city have lost. That's the feeling i've been getting anyway.

    We stave off extinction and we defeat critically dangerous threats so that they can't worsen our current position... but we don't rebuild to our former strength or even go beyond that and come back greater than that as a faction in the world of destiny.

     

    When i think: "since our life in the universe began... what have we built?" only three things really comes to mind for me.

     

    The Iron Lords exist again because of us, our actions lead to Saladin takin on new protege who are all nameless, faceless and have so far had literally no impact on the world.

    We helped re-arm the warmind Rasputin and built a network of warsats for him over the season of the worthy that enabled him to destroy something as collossus as the almighty. and then the immediate next season all that was undone in seconds.

    We brought back Saint with the help of Osiris and imprinted on him with our actions. This deed will probably have the most constructive and tangable effect on the world out of all the actions I've mentioned.

     

    In comparison to this we've lost countless great lightbearers, numerous guardian orders have gone completely extinct and the vanguard sink deeper and deeper into the gloomy fate that is the risk of mutiny...

    How could Zavala as a character stand looking out at the city, still riddled with craters? He's within in eyeshot of a broken tower that he helped build with his bare hands, while it still sparks and smoulders, and all this while within feet of a crater that scars his command post. The kind of person he's portrayed to be in his cinematic gave me the impression he'd be the first to pick up a shovel or use his empty hands to dig up the rubble and begin repairs if he had to.

     

    How have we not rebuilt any of these extinct orders? Why aren't we reforging a new order of peacekeepers that allows all classes and not just titans with the purpose of keeping the city streets safe and primarily dealing with the problem that is guardians being assassinated within our own city walls?

    Why hasn't the StoneBorn order been reforged? how are there no capable and charismatic titans out there who can't stand the thought of the fallen picking at the bones of the tower so much that they started the order anew to reclaim and fortify the wall and tower?

     

    Why isn't Ikora forging a War Council of our own by bringing capable warlocks together who can form an order of warlock tacticians?

     

    How is there not a SINGLE hunter, better yet a handfull of them, who are shining as not only a potential choice but a willing choice for the vanguard position? One of the defining character traits for hunters is how charismatic and outgoing they are so there should be a wide lineup of potential options yet all the lore we find is that they're either living in hiding from the vanguard or they're obsessively doing strikes so they have the excuse of being too busy to come back.

    Living in hiding? this doesn't come across as very hunter to me (sure they're known to be sneaky and employing cloak and dagger... but the reason they avoid the vanguard position is because they see it as a dog leash wrapping around their freedom and to me a life spent in hiding opresses freedom much more than responsibility does). With their personalities there's GOTTA be some of them who are outgoing and natural leaders that aren't completely horrified by the notion of responsiblity. and if not that then there's got to be some that see living in hiding as worse than being a potential nominee for the vanguard position.

     

    I'd really love it if we saw our guardin having the option to rebuild, heal or reclaim some of these areas we've been damaged in.

    I'd love it if we had the option to help the vanguard find a new hunter to rally around.

    I'd love it if we could help Ikora build her order of strategists.

    I'd love it if we could help repair the crater riddled city and rebuild the factories, facilities and resource pipelines that pumped out standard issue armour and gear.

     

    Does anyone else have ideas for things we could repair/reclaim or build that they'd love to experience in game?

     

    Edit: thanks for the coins and stuffs, it's the first post of mine that's ever recieved one.

    submitted by /u/_SunDowner_
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny is confusing, please help a noob!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I started playing destiny about 2 weeks ago and I still do not understand armors very well. Is there better legendary armor sets? Or its all about the stats that those armors have? No matter the set is from.

    Also, what is a end game stat sum? More than 65? Should i upgrade an armor below 65 total stats? Im talking about a single piece of armor.

    Thanks a lot!!

    submitted by /u/Mariio16
    [link] [comments]

    I’d really enjoy a Vanguard mixtape playlist with strikes, select story missions, empire/nightmare hunts, and battlegrounds.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Sometimes it's nice to just jump in and play without having to think too much. I think adept nightfalls without champions should be the strikes only playlist and be random. Anything with Hero and up should be fixed for the week for nightfalls. This way you can do hard nightfalls, strikes, or a mix of lots of different vanguard stuff. It could even be a "simulator" so it is canonically acceptable for us to replay certain one off missions.

    This would be a great way to freshen up the strikes playlist, while also giving us a chance to revisit well made story content easily. Like the factory brig mission for example. That was really well done. Haven't played it since the beyond light campaign.

    submitted by /u/Howie-_-Dewin
    [link] [comments]

    Talking about nice to haves: Seasonal rank 100 - 200 rewards for season pass owners

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    It would be nice to have Seasonal ranks 100-200 yield any of the following: - Upgrade Modules - Enhancement Cores - Ascendant Shards - Legendary Engrams - Glimmer - Umbral Engram - Destination Resource Bundles - Rare world drops (example: Bottom Dollar curated roll) - Exotic Engram - Your thoughts go here

    submitted by /u/FieryExhaust
    [link] [comments]

    It would be nice if all exotic weapons intrinsically had stat trackers

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    One thing i love is looking at my weapons and saying "wow i was a real nolife when i got the catalyst for this wasn't i.." Sadly, only exotics that have catalysts have kill trackers, i really wish that exotic weapons had it naturally as they don't upgrade normally, and a lot of exotics are still missing catalysts.

    submitted by /u/dark1859
    [link] [comments]

    Don't Sleep on the Borealis; Borealis 3rd highest DPS of Special Sniper rifles.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    TL;DR This is a very, very solid sniper for higher tier PvE activities with good synergies in Stasis and some situational synergies with Mask of Bakris, and generally fantastic interactions against Match Game modifiers.

    This is a rather old strategy: Auto-reloading Borealis to keep the Ionic Return buff after shooting a matching enemy shield. You keep this buff for the rest of the mag. As long as you don't reload manually (or with some certain actions like Marksman's Dodge) or switch elements you gain a 40% damage bonus on all of your shots with this sniper rifle.

    Whisper of Impetus, Dragon's Shadow or Sympathetic Arsenal all can reload the Borealis while not actively holding it and keep Ionic Return. This puts Borealis DPS slightly above First In, Last Out without Vorpal Weapon. Unfortunately I do not play Titan or Warlock often, so I cannot attest to their reload specific abilities.

    Mask of Bakris hunters can also use this to gain the same 10% additional damage in some situations from the arc damage alone, or 21% additional damage on a slowed target while on the arc setting.

    While it doesn't specifically have synergy with Anti-Barrier Sniper Rounds, it is a perfect choice against the Match Game modifier that is just about always on higher tier Nightfall settings and lost sectors especially if you're solo. Thus, match against a shielded enemy, and then use your now boosted damage against any champion, and the ability to stun shielded champions with the mod.

    This is a solid choice even in a group for a weapon good against Nightfalls, or solo in situations where it's not easy to get in with a FILO or sword.

    As a sidenote, Duality also works with these same synergies for those who haven't heard yet. On Black Wings can be maintained with Dragon's Shadow, Impetus, and Sympathetic Arsenal if you swap off of the weapon first, do the reload ability, and then swap back. This puts Duality theoretically at some of the best DPS and total damage of all exotic shotguns, tieing third place with Roadborn active Chaperone, having higher total damage but lower DPS as the fire rate is lower.

    submitted by /u/SubliminalChain
    [link] [comments]

    Make friendly created Warmind Cells a different color.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    Title.

    Ever since people have been including them in their regular builds, Warmind Cells have become both a powerful utility and a source of frustration. This frustration stems from an inability to differentiate between cells made by the player and those made by teammates, which typically results in a teammate accidentally blowing up your cell and wasting it's potential.

    A simple fix to this would be to make cells created by teammates a different color, that way they stand out as not yours. The technology is already there, as Global Reach has "Warmind Cells created by you" in its description, meaning Bungie can already tell who made it. All it takes is actually making the change, I assume. While most status affecting mods, like the one that gives a damage buff, are always applied, it'd be great to not have my explosion radius cut in half because my teammate wasn't running global reach.

    submitted by /u/Martin_Dunford
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, I appreciate the Prismatic Recaster being back! But why am I limited to three Tier 3 Focused Engrams per week?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    Firstly, like most, I'm thoroughly enjoying Year 4 of Destiny. In fact, barring some hiccoughs with Season of the Worthy, everything including Dawn and onwards has been an absolute blast for me.

    And I was on board with sunsetting. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's gone, but I understood the intention. Now that it is gone, I have a much greater inclination to hunt for true god rolls on my weapons. Prior to this, over the past year, it's largely been "Meh, this is good enough until it expires." Now it's "This is 4/5 a perfect roll... I'll hold on to it until I get my 5/5 perfect roll." My play time this season is higher than it's been in a year, largely because of this. You brought back reprised weapons from the Moon and the Dreaming City, and those factor into my time. I'm still hunting for my Auto-Loading Holster + Chain Reaction Sleepless! And I don't mind doing it, because I have multiple chances across my three Guardians.

    To top it off, you introduced great new weapons this season, both from the seasonal content and the ritual play lists, with some amazing perks and interactions. They look and feel great. You added to this by giving players like me one of my favourite things: multiple perk choices on the same weapon. I love this idea. It's like a mini ritual weapon, just slightly less tailored.

    ...And then you gated it. In a dumb way. By limiting me to three Tier 3 Focused engrams per week. Per account. Not even character.

    Cabal gold and Hammer charges require me to engage with the game in a few different ways (with a variety of options), and I like that! I like that I can earn by any ritual playlist or even raids. I like that I have slot choices for my hammer to customize my loot chances and efficiency. I also enjoy battlegrounds, they're hectic and busy and entertaining.

    But you're hamstringing my desire to play them past Tuesday, when I've burned my three focused engrams and recharge my hammers to wait for next week.

    So I implore you: lift the cap. Make it per character, or a cumulative ten, or better yet no cap at all! Give me more opportunities to hunt for those god rolls you've breathed new life into. I'm loving the game, but some artificial caps like this are a bit of a bummer. This isn't raid content, it's not pinnacle gear that lets me power grind, it just lets me farm and fish for beautiful weapons that I want to use to smite the enemies of humanity for years to come.

    P.S. If completing all the hammer upgrades lifts this cap, I'ma feel really goofy and I apologize in advance for the rant. But if it doesn't... Well, it should.

    submitted by /u/GentlemanBAMF
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment