• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Crucible Maps

    Destiny Focused Feedback: Crucible Maps


    Focused Feedback: Crucible Maps

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    Focused Feedback is where we take the week to focus on a 'Hot Topic' discussed extensively around the Tower.

    We do this in order to consolidate Feedback, to get out all your ideas and issues surrounding the topic in one place for discussion and a source of feedback to the Vanguard.

    This Thread will be active until next week when a new topic is chosen for discussion

    Whilst Focused Feedback is active, ALL posts regarding 'Crucible Maps' following its posting will be removed and re-directed to this thread. Exceptions to this rule are as follows: New information / developments, Guides and general questions

    Any and all Feedback on the topic is welcome.

    Regular Sub rules apply so please try to keep the conversation on the topic of the thread and keep it civil between contrasting ideas

    A Wiki page - Focused Feedback - has also been created for the Sub as an archive for these topics going forward so they can be looked at by whoever may be interested or just a way to look through previous hot topics of the sub as time goes on.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2021-04-27]

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Season of the Chosen Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    DMG04 already responded to the transmog issue. But I feel like some people need a reminder on how community managers work.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1385312451416104961?s=20

    Community managers collect feedback. They acknowledge feedback. But just because he doesn't come out next day announcing "Hey guys the whole system is being fundamentally reworked and we're entirely removing the cap!" doesn't mean they aren't listening.

    DMG isn't the lead economy designer. He isn't the creative lead. He is the messenger, plain and simple.

    His goal is to collect feedback on all aspects of this game. Just because he wants to ask a different question every now and then, doesn't mean he has thrown your past questions into the garbage can.

    It's literally his job to put all your complaints into one central word document he shares with the studio every day of the week.

    I just feel like some people on the sub needed this reminder. Especially given how the first time he asks any other non-transmog question, he's immediately assaulted with demands for answers. Demanding answers doesn't suddenly make them exist.

    Be kind.

    Be awesome.

    submitted by /u/Zommander_Cabala
    [link] [comments]

    I would rather rep Future War Cult than my class tbh

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Guardian games is not fun and it wasn't last year. Bring back faction rallies with faction loot, instead of one exotic and a shit ton of eververse content.

    submitted by /u/YeetNaeNae_
    [link] [comments]

    A story about the exotic quest that took me 2½ years to complete, and made me a better Guardian.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    I'm not very good at Destiny 2. I started playing on a free weekend before forsaken released, fell in love, bought it and played the hell out of it for months. Ran through all the story, and did so many strikes and way to many escalation and blind well runs, but I could never really do the high level content like raids or shattered throne, and I am abysmal at PvP. The one thing I loved was Gambit. I may not be good at killing Guardians, but I can still help bank those motes. So when malfeasance was released I knew that would be the goal, my personal end game. I grinded for weeks and weeks, every cycle I would go in and hope to get a Servitor but every single time my team lost, got some good equipment (back when Sleeper was good) but could never get it with all the long time, much better equipped players trying to as well. Unfortunately after a few months Life picked up and I got rid of my PS4. The dream was dead... For now.

    Flash forward a few years. Destiny 2 popped up on Game Pass and i learned cross save would let me bring my Hunter over. All my gear sans a handful of exotics where now useless, all the content I knew and loved was gone. But there is was. "Defeat a Primeval Servitor". That was my goal now.

    So I was right back at the beginning, my Everest was there and I was starting from the bottom. Did all the new stuff I could, Shadow Keep, Beyond Light, and got what I thought was decent gear and got to it. Not gonna lie it hurt when I learned the Servitor spawns regardless of cycle now but it just meant my insurmountable hurdle was now a speed bump, especially without the entire community doing the malfeasance quest.

    Servitor, Done✓

    The next steps flew by, taken kills, easy. Quest variant of The Corrupted... Not so easy, but a nice random helped me and I got through it.

    Now I could taste it. I just needed... Oh crap. 500 Motes with X2 deducted for lost and 10 wins. I reiterate, I'm not very good, and after having surgery on my hand, my left thumb don't work so great. This was a slog. I played cautious and slow. 5 here, maybe 10. A full stack if I was feeling really frisky.

    12%... 32%... 27%... 91%!!! 85%... 100%! Yes! I was stoked

    Then the truest hurdle appeared. 25 kills as an invader, and a team wipe, or hope someone does it for me 3 times. I was disheartened. With my had the way it is now I'm lucky if I get an singular kill as an invader. I needed gear. Hopped into lfg, Learned how to do dungeons and started doing nightfalls, something I was never able to get through before. I did the Presage quest with some new friends, I was even feeling confident enough to run it solo and hit an apparently great roll for Dead Man's. Finally I felt ready. I wasn't. Dozens of games and I only had 10 kills, and only needed one win. I was getting frustrated. My first game after work today I invade, 3 kills almost getting 4 before getting out. This was going to be my game. Next invasion, 1 kill. Then 3. Primeval goes up, it's the Servitor. It felt like a sign. 3 more kills. This is it, we where almost done, they where about to win. Go big. One... Two... Three! "Ten seconds and I'm pulling you out." FOUR! "Woo! They should have run! Look em now! They're dead!" FIVE FOR GOOD MEASURE!

    15 kills and a win.

    I had done it. In spectacular fashion. This singular exotic quest led me to get better. To go for the harder PvE things, to try endgame content and learn about rolls and Meta, to get better gear and go past light cap. I even started helping new and inexpierienced players through the things people helped me through. This may be an inconsequential thing to a lot of the people here. But for me it was what makes Destiny one of my favorite games of all time.

    Maybe I'll try and actually beat a raid now.

    submitted by /u/Icehole_Canadian
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Bungie, throw PVE players a bone and never make crucible kills a requirement for a catalyst again

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    I've given up with getting the Ticcu's Divination catalyst. I'm not the best PVP player and even though I can be pretty good at it using my masterworked Crimson (the stability on that gun is chef's kiss for a clutz like me), hitting guardians using a bow is hell and makes crucible games such a frustrating chore. The catalyst for Hawkmoon was fair, kill guardians or a bunch of champions. Or even make killing guardians a requirement but not just using that weapon in particular.

    Which is a shame because Ticcu's is one of my favorite new weapons

    Edit: This is not supposed to be a hate post against Crucible. I like playing crucible and think everyone should give it a chance. I just don't like using weapons oriented to PVE to have PVP requirements. Having options for catalysts kills would be ideal

    submitted by /u/Disneys_Lawyers
    [link] [comments]

    You know what destiny really needs rn, but cant seem to get? A competitor. A game to truly rival it.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Most of us who complain on this subreddit can agree that... we bash this game constantly, we hate it and love it, and even when shit gets revolting, we just cant seem to quit

    Many call this an abusive relation (lol)

    And I have to agree

    Bungie has no true repercussions on their end for when bs happens, uless they fuck up REAL BAD, and I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY FUCKING BAD, there is no way the most dedicated playerbase is quitting... why is that?

    Because people like us, who pay a lot of stuff in destiny, simply love the 3 (ish) main aspects of it:

    1- it is a superb FPS

    2- it has loot drops (also known as dopamine pills)

    3- either lore, or space magic, or raids (depends on player)

    Name me ONE game that has all of the above?

    Yeah warframe is cool, but its content drops and core endgame loot are not as SOLID as Destiny (i have 1500 hrs on warframe still)

    Sure, borderlands is a thing, but, I dont know it it is shooting, or the core activities there that simply domt click the same way as destiny (althou BD3 is still the CLOSEST to a 1 to 1 competitor)

    Outriders was solid (ignoring bugs), but that game isnt as "charming" as destiny and wont be a live service game, also shooting and lack of pvp differenciate it a lot.

    So, when you, a fatigued player leave destiny, what will you play? Sure these other games Are good and I play them, along with many other non-looter options, BUT when new content drops, or when you want to feel some good shooting, or get some sweat space magic loot, what game will you come back to? Destiny

    There needs to be a true destiny competitor, not a fucking "destiny killer" like 12yo over on twitter keep repeating when a new looter is announced. Bungie needs a competitor who is there to say "If you lose players, they wont comeback to you, because they have me" (evil laughter)... not really, but I think you get what I am trying to say

    I cant be the only one that thinks this right? Is it me just being absolutely frustrated with how things have been going since the MASSIVE BL let down? Feel free to let me know, just be kind

    Peace

    submitted by /u/Itsyaboifam
    [link] [comments]

    Catalyst progression should be based on the quality of the enemy, not quantity

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    I think the title speaks for itself but let me elaborate a little. For the longest time, the reason Shuro-Chi (Rest in peace Orpheus Rig, you will be remembered), Whisper's underbelly, Nessus spawncamps have been the prime spot to farm for Catalyst progressions is because they offer the most amount of enemies. I would mention Escalation Protocol but higher levels of enemies only bring more pain hence catalyst goes out of the window.

    Catalysts, for the bonus they offer, have some of the worst progression curve in the entire game. Now I love killing enemies with my brain turned off (partly because I'm a titan main, and according to Destiny 2's majority player-base I eat crayons for a living) but I kind of think that catalyst progressions should reward quality over quantity.

    As in, if I kill rank and file enemies, it should give me 1 point.
    If I kill powerful enemies, it should give me 2 points.
    And if I kill elites and above, and guardians too, it should give me 3 points.

    This will incentivize the players to not grind mindlessly and if anything will let players to actually enjoy their pre-catalized weapons as they work towards an objective.

    submitted by /u/FreddaBarnard
    [link] [comments]

    If I could trade 84 cabal gold for one hammer charge...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    I would do it every time instead of grinding battlegrounds for an hour

    submitted by /u/geewhizz90
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, for the love of God and all that is holy, STOP loading us into a match when it’s 15-75.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    Just stop. Let that match be over and load us into a new match. You should be able to tell when matchmaking if a game is about to be a landslide. Stop putting people into a match that's going to be over 10 seconds after they load in, or WHILE they're loading in. It doesn't help anyone. Stop.

    submitted by /u/siegemind91
    [link] [comments]

    My fellow Hunters, after we win this year's guardian games let's all meet up at the ramen shop to pay respect to our Vanguard Cayde-6.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Title.

    submitted by /u/Tobi_07
    [link] [comments]

    Whoever decided to put impulse amplifier on imperial needle, I love you

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    It's so good. The extra nock/reload speed is just so nice. The extra projectile speed allows you to hit shots with less draw time. I have swashbuckler and a draw time MW on my roll, and it is french kiss. The bow is void, so ✨nezaracs✨ Overall 11/10 weapon I love it. Current build for mid level content is Witherhoard, Imperial Needle, and either a machine gun or sword. It's so good. Just felt like sharing

    submitted by /u/DaQuacken64
    [link] [comments]

    If you don't care what class will win, use laurels to buy repeatable bounties from Eva for easy bright dusts especially on strike day

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:22 AM PDT

    30 laurels for each bounties, 5 bounties = 50 bright dusts in 1-2 strike, each strike run give 100-200 laurels.
    Edit : WOW, did not expect this many upvotes.

    submitted by /u/daddy13733
    [link] [comments]

    The quality of Events seem to be going backward. (A brief look at the history of the best Events)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    I have seen a few post lately about how GG doesn't feel as good as most players hoped. That got be thinking about how this event compared to past ones. Here is a quickly made list of my favorite events and how lately things have gotten worse:

    • D1Y2 - SRL SRL was a great event in my opinion. (I know not all agree though). It was a completely new game mode that offered play that we had never experienced in Destiny. It also had high level drops that let a lot players (me included) finally get to max power level. Pretty much all the rewards could be won by playing I think.
    • D2Y1 Christmas and Valentines events. What I remember most about these two events was that all of the cosmetic rewards could be earned through playing since we still had the old bright engram system. I was able to play enough to get all of the Christmas armor sets without using silver and was able to get the sparrow that drops rose petals from playing tons of Crimson Doubles.
    • D2Y1 Solstice of Heros This 1st year of SoH was pretty amazing. It had us playing through old campaign missions that had difficulty cranked up. It was cool because we can't usually play through the old missions. It felt like 95% new content.
    • D2Y1 Halloween This was fun the first year as the haunted forest felt better than the infinite forest.
    • D2Y2 Spring The Verdant Forest was another good use of the infinite forest. I kept trying to see how many branches I could clear before running out of time. I think I made it up to 100. The neatest part of this event was the tonics which could give players really fast recharge rates. That made the whole game seem different. I had a blast using the fast recharge rates to do the whisper mission solo, but other players hated it in PVP. I still think it was a good event since it made the game feel different.
    • D2Y2 Solstice of Heros This year they introduced the EAZ. It was a new area and wasn't too bad. It was fun playing something completely new. I was disappointed that we didn't get a better mechanic for increasing our power. Picking up a bunch of solar orbs just to flash solar flames for a few seconds wasn't that much fun.

    Once we got into D2Y3 things didn't feel as good. The best cosmetics are ones you buy, not earn. The events didn't really change or add new content.

    Guardian Games isn't a terrible event. I do enjoy getting cool loot from turning in medals and running strikes with all of the sames class. The eververse stuff looks amazing and I'm one of the lucky ones with more bright dust than I could ever spend. It isn't what I really hoped for though. Wouldn't it be cool if they added different ways to compete? Here are just a couple ideas I came up with:

    1. Class Vs Class pvp matches. A 3v3v3 mode would be cool.
    2. Strike leaderboards. Which classes could come up with the best scores. We already have scoring so I think it could be done. They could be reset daily. Or even tracked online instead of in game.
    3. Bounty Hunter Mode. Give us some missions for finding HVTs, keep a running total of how many each class got each day and reward points for it.
    4. Speed run missions. See how fast each class could run missions such as the pressage.

    I'm sure the other members of DTG could come up with way better ideas than me though.

    This year's GGs are kinda boring and I will end up playing enough to get my triumphs and that's it. I don't really care who wins, which is sad.

    TLDR: Destiny Events seem to be going backward. In years past we got new content with earnable rewards. Lately the events make us play old content that isn't changed up at all, and the good rewards are all behind a paywall. GGs is a disappointment and I bet members of DTG could come up with lots of better ways for our guardians to compete.

    submitted by /u/Slepprock
    [link] [comments]

    Heir Apparent and Fighting Lion

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    Edit: Aztecross has already made a great video about what does good damage against the catalyst. I noticed he didn't try FL, which is why i made this post after trying myself. As others have pointed out, a few other weapons which should effect shields, aren't. Bungie, if you see this, can you pass the word around and let us know. kthxbye

    I've always taken with a grain of salt the fact that part of Thin the Heard doesn't proc in crucible against a normal guardians' shield. That would be broken. The first part of the perk says "Direct hits do more damage to enemy combatant shields" This would probably cause a one shot on guardians, and thus needed to be balanced. Either that, or Bungie doesn't count our shields as shields, either way it's fine. This however isn't the case with the Heir Apparent catalyst. If you destroy it with an arc weapon, it responds by exploding like a normal shield does. My issue comes in here. Since that shield is treated as a normal shield, it should proc Thin the Heard, but it doesn't. You can see that on a side impact, at max damage, it does 30 damage, and on direct impact, (all grenades have 2 damage parts, the impact and the explosion) the explosion also does 30 damage.

    I doubt this will get much traction since people don't really care about the Fighting Lion, or GL's in general, but the FL could have been a great counter to the Heir Apparent catalyst, but it's perk isn't working. I don't know if this is intended, or if the coding would break the FL so that it did it to normal guardians as well, but if you can fix this, please do.

    Regards,

    A Fighting Lion Cultist.

    submitted by /u/rotcnotc
    [link] [comments]

    Let us replay campaign missions (a feature you gave us only to take away shortly after)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    Look, Destiny's campaigns genuinely have really cool moments and are filled with memoirs and joy

    In D1 I'd replay entire campaign's just to see old cutscenes and dialogue again

    We asked for the ability to replay missions since 2017, you sorta let us do that with the heroic mission select screen, but then you took it away again

    D1 let us select any mission we wanted, we didn't even get that luxury in D2 when they sorta let us replay them again, now we're back to square one

    submitted by /u/Superskybro
    [link] [comments]

    Shaw Hawn should direct you to the moon or tangled shore after the new light campaign, so it’s not just dropping you at the tower pointlessly

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    You just defeated Navota, a powerful hive wizard, he should say something about a mysterious hive disturbance on the moon and point you towards that, or he could say he just got word there was a prison break, and you are needed.

    I just want my friends that I refer to the game to have some direction, or for the game to have some semblance of a campaign.

    It's also worth saying that even though I've bought every DLC (but not every season), I believe that the game should go the WoW route and make DLC over a year old be free.

    submitted by /u/SinlessJoker
    [link] [comments]

    The competition really seems to be between Titans and Warlocks fighting over second place

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    Was it ever expected for either of these classes to actually win one day over the Hunters? This isn't even trying to say that Hunters winning everyday is a bad thing. It just really shows the difference in numbers between the three classes to me

    submitted by /u/AmbidextrousWaffle
    [link] [comments]

    Its interesting to realize that Bungie didn't want to give bright dust to Banshee as a repeatable bounty reward cause then everyone would only do those bounties 'cause its way easier to complete.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    We would all have like 10,000 bright dust by the end of the week from the bounties alone lol

    And we all know Bungie doesnt want anyone to have stockpiles of useful currencies xD

    submitted by /u/AntiquarianD1n2Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie Plz Addition: Give Arcstriders A Ranged Super, e.g. A Valkyrie-Like Throwing Spear

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:49 PM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    This topic has been added to Bungie Plz.
    Going forward, all posts suggesting this change will be removed and redirected to this Megathread.

    Submitted by: u/WayofSoul

    Date approved: 04/22/21

    Modmail Discussion:

    u/WayofSoul: "Why it should be added: This issue has come up for years, gaining varying degrees of attention. While the proposed solutions vary, it's clear that people agree that one of the Arcstaff supers needs a rework to make Arcstrider feel as unique as the other subclasses."

    Examples given:

    Criteria Used:

    "...3 examples (with links) of recent submissions (with at least 1 being over 30 days old), that have been well received (hundreds of upvotes on the front page of the sub - ex. 300+ upvotes)."

    Want to submit a topic for BungiePlz? Follow the instructions at the top of this wiki!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Some mild positivity: there's only going to be a 10 power level grind next season.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    The 50 power level grind just was so damn boring, since it forced you to just do old content to get to the new stuff.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    Clash is the most basic gamemode possible. Why isn’t it permanent?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Clash is simple 6v6 PvP. No fancy drills, just defeat your opponents. There's no reason it should rotate.

    Control, on the other hand, is more complicated: capturing zones adds a multiplier to your points and grants super energy. This is more complex than Clash, yet is permanent

    Why is the most basic gamemode time-gated, yet more complex modes like Control are available permanently?

    submitted by /u/Roku-Hanmar
    [link] [comments]

    We need more armor sets out in the wild to get

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    I have been looking at a lot of destiny fashion videos and guides lately, and they look amazing. But everything I want to use the set, or the mash of sets, all the armor is locked behind eververse. I have bought every Expansion, plus the deluxe versions for the seasonal passes andI am okay with that, but then having to spend 15-20 dollars on a single set is ridiculous. I would be okay with it if we go maybe 20 percent of that out to get as random drops, or in the seasonal activities, instead of yearly ib, trials and core Playlist sets, and old sets being used as world loot drops. I want to be in the real endgame of destiny, fashion, but I don't want to go broke.

    submitted by /u/MayHeim10
    [link] [comments]

    They should bring back the Days of Iron set from D1 for the iron banner during the solstice event in the summer to match your subclass :D

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    The days of iron set was an awesome set that should totally come back as a set during solstice to match the other elemental armors

    Now i know what youre thinking, 'if the normal elemental glow set is in eververse, why wouldn't they out the IB set in there too? And that would double suck cuz then i'm buying TWO ornament sets :(' but if they bring it back as a normal set, you could use it for transmog. And with solstice being probably at the end of next season, most people will have probably used their transmog templates, and would likely also want to grab some more transmog templates from eververse 🧐 or yknow just wait til next season but it could justify them somehow monetizing it 🤷‍♀️

    More serious side note though: i kind of hate (like the rest of the community lol) how much bungie is finding random ways to put monetization in many parts of the game, mostly because it feels difficult trying to get excited for things or have 'ooo i hope they add this to the game' moments because I always feel i'll have to pay for it, or it will be something that 'doesn't seem worth the cost' :/ and overall makes me feel like the game isnt really evolving into something that rewards the players time with something they're interested in.

    Edit: i know it wouldn't be this year, if they do happen to read my post lol

    submitted by /u/Something54331
    [link] [comments]

    Putting Trials of Osiris behind a paywall would be a great way for Bungie to make money off new Crucible maps.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Aztecross said this in his most recent video, but he neglected to add that by adding a paywall to Trials of Osiris, Bungie can finally make some money off of Crucible maps which is currently their biggest obstacle for making new maps. There are PvP only players who have no incentivisation to buy a new season and its because PvP is free and it always has been. As a (mainly) PvE player, I'm getting tired of PvP players getting new loot in Trials of Osiris but not necessarily paying any money for it (yes I know many PvP players do buy the season). Its just unfair in my opinion and I think that if it were monetized they would be forced to fund the content they actually want.

    submitted by /u/astrowhale98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment