• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 18, 2021

    Destiny Sunday Plz - Nerf/Reduce Enemy Boss Stomps

    Destiny Sunday Plz - Nerf/Reduce Enemy Boss Stomps


    Sunday Plz - Nerf/Reduce Enemy Boss Stomps

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Greetings Guardians!

    Ever since the conception of this sub, we've dealt with floods of reposts. We're sure you're familiar with them. Many are for important issues that are shared by the entire player base, while others are just for personal requests and desires for the game. The Bungie Plz was shortly implemented after conception as a central "wish-list" for all that we, the community, desired. It is completely user driven. With rare exceptions, nearly all submissions are sent in by you, the users of this subreddit!

    However, just like Destiny 2, our wiki article began to experience problems as it grew over time. It's been getting just a few sizes too big. We understand that the continued addition of topics has begun to encroach on your ability to continue the conversation towards matters that mean the most to you, and even though the Bungie Plz has seen so many successes over the years, with well over 100 officially implemented game suggestions and desires, there's still dozens upon dozens of retired topics that haven't seen the light of day for many months...even years!


    Every Sunday, this thread will focus on a certain retired Bungie Plz topic of your choosing, voted by the users. We will curate a list of 5 suggestions to help focus your voting process, but you get the final say on what is talked about each week. By all means, if one topic is overwhelmingly desired despite not being part of those 5 items we picked, then we'll be happy to go with that one. Our curated list is only to help you focus the conversation. The only stipulation is that the topic must be new every week. This thread is for the entirety of the Bungie Plz wiki, so no back-to-back voting!

    Think of these threads as a way to keep the spark alive, and to bring old topics up to fresh light. For example, do we still want to move Queenbreaker to the special slot? Or does Arbalest serve that purpose well enough now? Do we still want an all-black shader, or do we want a character barbershop more?

    You tell us! This is your conversation, guardians.

    For this week, you voted on:

    Nerf/Reduce Enemy Boss Stomps

    For next week, here are some suggestions:

    • Allow us to change our character's appearance (Barber Shop)
    • Add Legendary Trace Rifles
    • Bring back the Prismatic Matrix
    • Separate the melee and the melee ability button
    • Allow Sleeper and Outbreak to generate Warmind Cells

    Sound off in the sticky comment for which one sounds good (just give us a moment to put it up), or anything else in the Bungie Plz wiki that catches your eye, and we'll do our best to accommodate!


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Questions [2021-04-19]

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Season of the Chosen Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    What hiring platform does Zavala use when looking for new Guardians?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    Hey Bungie, if you want us to play more Gambit, maybe stop the motes from clipping through the floor.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    Just a suggestions.

    Unexpected blow up edit: I rage-posted this after a frustrating game of Gambit and expected this shitpost to be removed by mods, so cheers to everyone who this resonated with. #MakeGambitGreatAgain

    submitted by /u/hova092
    [link] [comments]

    I've stopped taking PvP seriously, and it helped me improve drastically.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    This mentality really has helped me. I've stopped caring about what people use since Stasis was unleashed into the Crucible. Yes, dying to the meta is annoying, but if it's in the game it's meant to be used. The only thing we can really do as a community is asking for changes.

    I've come to accept the fact that people can use whatever they want, and I've stopped taking PvP seriously. What's important is having fun using the things I like, not the stuff that is considered good by everyone else. It's OK to die by the meta. Recently, I've been using Crimson and I loved using it ever since.

    I'm being 110% honest, not taking the Crucible seriously will help you improve a lot. Even if you aren't the best at PvP, letting those negative emotions get to you is a huge roadblock that prevents you from improving.

    submitted by /u/Freezing_FX
    [link] [comments]

    We might need a “story so far” system for new players.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    It's so hard to recommend D2 to new players now, especially if they are interested in the stories.

    Maybe add a cutscene system at HELM, a memory archive that tells the stories from the red war. The player can visit it after the new light quest, as if they just woke up as a guardian. If the new player wasn't there, show random guardians in the cutscenes.

    At least the new player doesn't need to go to YouTube to find out what Ghaul looked like.

    submitted by /u/Borealis-7
    [link] [comments]

    If Stasis freeze is around to stay in PVP, can we PLEASE get some consistency in the unfreeze mechanic? It just doesn't work sometimes

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    Can't count how many times I get frozen and the game doesn't let me break out of the freeze so I just sit there like an idiot popsicle waiting to be killed by a shotgun

    submitted by /u/Hacknerds
    [link] [comments]

    Borealis (Ultraviolet) Painting

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

    Borealis (Ultraviolet)
    36x20"/91x51cm, mixed media on canvas.

    Wanted to put a lot of focus on the elemental swap function of the exotic for this commission. Decided to do that by interpreting the negative space in the middle of the design, extend it to the background, and filling it with colors from all three light elemental damage types. Ink, aerosol, acrylic, collage, and colored pencil.

    Thanks for taking a look. : )

    submitted by /u/irrezolut
    [link] [comments]

    Since I’ve been keeping my girlfriend company while she and I have been sick this weekend, I decided to entertain her by basically telling her the entire story and lore behind Destiny. And she liked it!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    Both my girlfriend and I actually got together because we had a mutual interest in reading and writing our own stories, particularly sci-fi/fantasy books. Often, we'll stay up late at night talking about our ideas for worldbuilding and different premises for characters and stories, mostly to exchange ideas and give each other critiques.

    But this past week, she and I have both been dealing with what we thought was allergies and what she found out was actually a case of bronchitis. And I had most likely caught it, too, while staying over one night. So that left the both of us sick and trying to take care of each other during this weekend.

    Anyway, at some point, we started looking at her world map together, tracing the journey the characters in a book she was writing were to go on throughout the story (not Destiny-related). So, as the law of equivalent exchange dictates, I decided to tell her about my ideas for a Destiny fanfiction that would basically retell the story of Destiny but with three unique Guardian characters instead of just one like in the games.

    So, naturally, I had to explain to her the premise of the Destiny universe, from the Traveler to the Winnower. And, to my surprise, she loved it! I spent three hours staying up late at night telling her much of the story behind Destiny, which included all that I had written for my OCs as well as basically everything that happened in Destiny 1 up until Destiny 2. I ended up jumping around a bit, going from the Iron Lords to Rasputin to the Exos, etc., but I feel like I covered pretty much everything about the story up until a certain point.

    I don't know how MyNameIsByf does it or how the writers for Destiny's lore keep track of everything, but it took me literally explaining several lore books and giving an entire presentation on the Book of Sorrows to get through it all. And she was hanging on every word of it. She doesn't really play video games outside of party games or Angry Birds, and she admits that she's missed out on some great stories along the way. I'm just glad that I got to use the 25% of my brain that's all Destiny lore and story content to good use in making my girlfriend feel a little better about being bedridden for a weekend.

    Anyway, I wasn't sure where to share this story, but I got a good laugh out of realizing how I literally became a meme of a boyfriend explaining an entire sci-fi universe's story and lore to their girlfriend. Reminded me of my dad back in the day, who apparently couldn't stop talking about Dune to my mother after they started dating. What a nerd, am I right?

    EDIT: This post was either going to be a bust or blow up into something like this. So, now that I have your attention, I will enact my plan for total domination of this subreddit. First of all, no more "Bungie Suggestions." Instead, I think they need to be "Bungie Requirements." Also, I think we need to start a GoFundMe to fund my gf's recovery called "This Is Totally Not a Fundraiser for Buying Dozens of Eggs to Throw at Bungie HQ." Next, we will... /s

    EDIT2: So, I told my girlfriend that I made this post, and she thought it was super cool. Also, that means she's found my Reddit account. RUN!!!

    EDIT3: One last thing, I feel like people are assuming that my girlfriend is someone who would not be generally interested in video game lore, and that's what's amazed me. Or worse, they're assuming that my girlfriend and I are this stereotypical couple where I'm this overweight, gaming nerd in glasses and she's this blonde/brunette girl more focused on her hair, her Instagram, and her reality shows than anything else.

    Did you miss the part where I said that we're both book nerds? Or that she genuinely wanted to know more about the world of Destiny that I was telling her about? We're both nerds who are mature and secure enough in ourselves to respect each other's interests. We both happen to share a lot of those interests, which is how we got together in the first place. So, don't assume that you know her better than I do.

    submitted by /u/TheNobleWolf421
    [link] [comments]

    It would be cool if each Light subclass gave +10 to a relevant stat.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    I think this would make people use their Light subclasses a lot more often. It would also encourage different builds.

    E.g. Top tree Arc Hunter receives +10 Strength, Middle Tree Solar Warlock receives +10 Recovery, Top tree Void Titan receives +10 Intellect

    submitted by /u/FISTED_BY_CHRIST
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny finally feels like it's evolving, and it's a great feeling.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    Since post Shadowkeep, it's felt like all we have gotten is "More Destiny" and not Better Destiny. Just adding some new content every so often that end up forgotten about in a weeks time.

    When Season Of The Chosen hit though, it feels like everything changed. This didn't play out like a normal season would. The story continued WEEK TO WEEK, AND DIDN'T KEEP US WAITING. Not to mention the story is one of the best we have ever seen in Destiny. All of the content was front loaded, instead of trying to stretch it out incredibly thin to last an entire 3 month season. It feels like the attitude towards Destiny development has changed. It feels like the development studio has the same passion that we do towards the game now, and that is an really incredible feeling. I don't feel like my hype for the future will come crashing down anymore, and that's the greatest feeling of all.

    submitted by /u/CriesOfeternity
    [link] [comments]

    Please give Khvostov max infusion cap

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    I genuinely love using this gun in PvP, but can't use it in iron banner or trials. No one can argue it is overpowered or meta-breaking, so I think it should have its infusion cap raised. Bungie pls.

    submitted by /u/magicjeff013
    [link] [comments]

    Please, if the system continues to future seasons, add the ability to track Seasonal Challenges like you can track Quests and Bounties

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    It's annoying to have to open the director, click to the quests tab, click on the seasonal challenges, and click on the right week every time I want to check my progress.

    submitted by /u/TotallyJazzed
    [link] [comments]

    Why Do Gambit Engrams Give NON-PLAYLIST-SPECIFIC Loot???

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    Title. I've been grinding Gambit for a SINGLE Bottom Dollar, which just refuses to drop. I've gotten around 20 Trinary Systems and I've already reset my Infamy this season. (At this point, I'm not even looking for a god roll, I just want ONE. PLEASE.)

    Fine, call it bad luck, but can something called an "GAMBIT Engram" drop only GAMBIT loot? Why am I increasing my reputation with the Drifter for if the rewards for doing so doesn't even give me things from Gambit? Don't give me weapons from the World Loot pool, I already get those from just playing it normally. And it's mostly just useless blues that fill up my Postmaster. I can't even tell if my Prosperity mod on my ghost shell is even working when most of the time, I'm getting triple blues and an occasional Trinary System.

    Just make GAMBIT engrams drop GAMBIT loot. Or have a weekly bounty like Trials does where completing the objective rewards a guaranteed roll of a playlist weapon.

    submitted by /u/cryhai
    [link] [comments]

    Divinity Painting

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    "When the Circle dreamed of the object, you were beside it."

    Divinity Painting
    36x20"/91x51cm, mixed media on canvas

    Commissioned work. Acrylic, ink/wash, paint pen, colored pencil, collage, and aerosol. Love the decayed look of the weapon, and how fun it was to translate that texture down to the canvas. Really matched my overall style in an interesting way.

    Thanks for taking a look, Guardians.

    submitted by /u/irrezolut
    [link] [comments]

    Please make the effects fastball and traction give the norm

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    I really hate taking up taking up a mod slot with 0 energy traction and 1 energy fastball. I would much rather use a different mod but I feel like I have to use these because of how important their effects are. That is all.

    (Fastballs effect being a must have is debatable, but to me and many other guardians it is required so i'm including it.)

    submitted by /u/awkw3rdsalsa53
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, please stop creating triumphs/challenges that depend on other people doing bad, that require you play poorly, or disrupt effective team play

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    This has been an ongoing problem and it really doesn't do the game or the players much good.

    The latest example, for me at least, would be pursuing gilding for Gambit. Putting challenges like Good Company really just don't need to happen. The problem is not any of the activities. It's not that it requires wins. It's they way that it is activities across both teams and you win.

    I've got 5 more of these to accomplish before the end of the season so I'm confident I'll finish it one way or another. But that's the problem, "One way or another." Because of my schedule, I find myself soloing a lot. If I end up on a good team or a stack, I'm not going to be playing for the team, I'm going to be protecting a "tick" on that checklist and most likely let them carry me. Whether it's not dying, hoarding motes, stealing kills, I won't be playing for the team, but for the triumph. If I'm on a helpless team, I'm going to play to "end the pain" as fast as possible. There's too many times where I've been on a mediocre team, but with some butt-busting on my part, I've helped carry a win from the mess, even in this new Diet Gambit. That won't be happening for another 5 achievement points.

    I know the devs were thinking for ways to address the very issues they are creating. In this case, it wasn't really thought through. If you're going to have a most X just condition it to the win and increase the necessary count. Don't push it across both teams.

    Yes, you'll still have some people playing like idiots, but if you have someone hoarding motes, I'm going to go full bore Reaper for them. Likewise if they're stealing kills, I'll shift to higher mobility and start banking motes. I.e., one way or another, you're at least encouraging good team roles and rewarding that without punishing the team because an odd blueberry landed on the losing team but he happened to snag 50-60 kills. (I've been that guardian too many times...)

    submitted by /u/Celebril63
    [link] [comments]

    i feel like destiny is going in a great direction.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    dont get me wrong, destiny isnt perfect by any means but its getting to be so much better. even when we're in a drought, i still enjoy the game. sure 90% of it is because i farm quickplay but thats besides the point. i just wanted to give bungo a hand and give my feedback because i feel like if bungie keeps doing this stuff, destiny will return to its former glory. thank you for reading :)

    submitted by /u/mara-sovs-tiddies
    [link] [comments]

    Banshee's selling Burning Cells

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Guardian Games 2021: Heir Apparent Catalyst Objectives!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    Hey Bungie, could you update the Shining Sphere rocket launcher?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    If you don't know, Shining Sphere is a rocket launcher which drops from Iron Banner from end of match and token turn in drops.

    It was originally created as an Iron Banner weapon in Warmind, and was later reissued in Season of Opulence with new perks and random rolls.

    There lies the problem. In Season of Opulence, there were very few innovative perks on rocket launchers. There was no Lasting Impression, Clown Cartridge, or Chain Reaction.

    Now, in Season of the Chosen, this 3 year old rocket launcher with the exact same perks as Season of Opulence, is still dropping from Iron Banner.

    (Note that the perks in its loot pool go as follows: Autoloading holster, rangefinder, field prep, snapshot in first column and tracking module, demolitionist, ambitious assassin, and quickdraw in the second column).

    Please update it.

    (Also there's things like Berenger's Memory, Toil and Trouble, and Long Shadow which haven't been updated since their release in Forsaken but their perk pools aren't entirely trash).

    submitted by /u/imsotiredsometimes
    [link] [comments]

    Felt a little creative at work today.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    For every guardian on a shortage of Enhancement Cores and overflow of Prisms

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 12:48 AM PDT

    This is a tip i saw in a video and thought that everyone needs to know this.

    All you have to do is level up a piece of gear to level 8 and then dismantle it. Aside from the Lumen/Shards price, you'll pay

    • 3 Enhancement Cores

    • 1 Enhancement Prism

    When dismantling it you'll get in return

    • 6 Enhancement Cores

    Note: This process makes sense only to those who run nightfalls and have too many prisms. If you're buying materials from Banshee (don't, run nightfalls) it'll be a loss of 7 cores for each piece of gear, so don't do it

    submitted by /u/Humble-Excitement
    [link] [comments]

    Lumina - A small request for the rare healer.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    First time posting, but I wanted to send a small request to the Bungie Dev team. Hoping this post can provide constructive feedback if it reaches the team. I have been playing with Lumina in PVE for a little bit and I love the concept of the gun. Having some sort of team support built into the weapon is such a unique concept. At the moment however there is one glaring issue with the weapon. So I came here to provide some thoughts.

    The main issue I run into with this weapon is the Remnant mechanic. For those who are unfamiliar, once you land a final blow on an opponent they drop a "remnant" which the user of the Lumina can pick up to get 1 Noble Round. That Noble round can then be hipfired at an ally to heal them and give you both a damage buff. Which is awesome... seriously, it's fun. But, remnants can only be collected once the player gets within a certain range and that creates... issues.

    Herein lies the main problem with the weapon. When you are in a fireteam situation, especially one in high level content, you are often hanging back and picking away at enemies. When you do this with the Lumina and enemies drop remnants, you are put in an a couple of less than ideal situations. You can either A) continue to hang back and wait for the firefight to end and collect noble rounds for the next encounter, which sort makes the Lumina feel wasted during the fight itself; or B) You can try your luck and run into the range at which you can grab remnants.

    This is where things get very awkward to use. Once the wielder enters remnant range, they are usually between the enemies and their fireteam, meaning you must face two entirely different directions to either kill enemies or heal your allies. Want to heal your friends? Turn your back on the things trying to kill you and hope for the best. This is compounded by the fact that enemies tend to get more aggressive as you close the range between you and them. So the wielder is sometimes forced to hipfire enemies closing in on them fast, thereby wasting the Noble Rounds they just risked their lives to grab.

    (tl:dr) So, I have a proposed solution (at least for PVE), please make the remnants track the user regardless of range. This would allow the healer to hang back and keep allies and foes within their FOV, making the gun much more versatile in higher level content. This would also help with the knock-on effect of having to desperately hip-fire enemies trying to close in to melee range.

    P.S. Thanks for all the hard work this season, and all last year. Your game has kept so many of us connected with our friends and family and that means so much to so many of us. Love you guys and gals! Looking forward to 14 and the future!

    submitted by /u/Cpt-Stonks
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny 2 Enemies Damage Types spreadsheet

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    How useful can knowing your enemy be?

    In hard PvE activities like raids (during the contest mode) or Gms, I think it's important to know the opponent's weaponry and the type of elemental damage it does, especially with modifiers that increase that particular type of damage. This also allows you to equip yourself with the right mods for damage resistance.

    I haven't found much material regarding what I want to talk about. Here on Reddit there are some old posts, focusing on the damage of enemies in D2 beta (I would say quite old) and the information that can be found from Destinypedia (the source on which I mainly relied). Honorable mention is the sheet made by Pip1n which has a special section dedicated to weapons and their type of damage. (I put the link of his work at the end of this post).

    For this reason I decided to spend some time to create this sheet with the aim of making the consultation of mob's weapons and abilities and the type of damage they deal, as simple as possible.

    You will see that I have divided the sheet for each enemy race and have added three tabs concerning the strike bosses, dungeon bosses and raid bosses (which I have yet to complete).

    I want to emphasize that this sheet is complete in most of its parts but still in WIP. I didn't have time to test every single enemy in game, especially the raid bosses. I wanted to publish it anyway to see how useful it can be and if it's worth making it even more perfect. I encourage those interested to viewing the sheet, reporting errors and suggesting graphic improvements. I will arrange to correct everything as soon as possible.

    I hope it will be useful to you in some way :)

    The spreadsheet: Destiny 2 Enemies Damage Types.

    Pip1n's spreadsheet: D2 Data Compendium.

    P.S. I'm not very familiar with Excel, I did my best. Sorry for my english.

    submitted by /u/LordRadiante
    [link] [comments]

    Today i played Destiny, just to play Destiny.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:25 AM PDT

    If you are like me, you probably have 1000+ hours on this game, have tons of godrolls, and have done all available content.

    Recently a friend decided to get into the game. He bought the legendary edition, i decided i wanted to enjoy the grind along side him. So i deleted my titan and started a new one. We beat all 3 campaigns in 10 hours, all 3 dungeons right after, and finished it off with a last wish run.

    It was the most fun ive had playing this game since season of the undying. I see this game as a job sometimes and it really kills the fun of it. But today was so great.

    Just wanted to share

    submitted by /u/ConstantImprovement6
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment