• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 25, 2021

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-07-25]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-07-25]


    Daily Questions [2021-07-25]

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Season of the Splicer Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    6 already announced changes for Season 15 that you probably forgot about

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 04:10 PM PDT

    So I was going through some older posts throughout this year, and a few things stuck out with the "Season 15" timeline. Here are the exact posts and links to them. I might have forgotten a couple things, but cool to see what's planned for S15.

    Light Subclasses Updated

    "Light Subclasses Tuning Update : "Once this patch has shipped, we'll be diving back into Season 15, where we are planning to deliver another balance patch focused on updates to the Light subclasses while continuing to iterate on Stasis. The goal here is to address some key pieces of feedback and make more of the Light subclasses viable across the game."

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50388

    "Following this Stasis tuning, in Season 15, we will also focus on Light subclasses and release a set of targeted buffs to our most underutilized specializations. The goal of all these changes is to keep Stasis feeling great in PVE and to bring its representation in PVP more in line with our Light-based abilities. "

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50124

    First Legendary Stasis Weapons

    "In Beyond Light, we introduced Stasis subclasses. Like Solar, Arc, and Void, Stasis will continue to evolve into a fully supported damage type. In Season 15, we will introduce our first round of Legendary Stasis Energy and Power weapons. There will be a lot more info here as we get closer to the fall. "

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50124

    3 Peeking in PvP Gamemodes

    "First, in Season 15 we will be addressing "three-peeking" in Trials and Competitive. In these modes, emotes will be disabled and players will be unable to pull out any third person weapon that doesn't have ammo. Third person experiences are part of what make Destiny's gameplay feel so good, but it was clear in our most competitive arenas that these mechanics were being used in ways we did not intend. This is a tricky problem to solve in Destiny's complicated sandbox, but we think this is a good starting point."

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50124

    Crossplay

    "Crossplay is coming to the masses in Season 15. We'll be doing some internal rollouts and alpha tests in Season 14 to prepare for a widespread launch this fall. With Crossplay, you'll be able to play with all your friends no matter what platform you call home. And don't worry, we won't be matching console and PC players together in the Crucible unless PC players specifically invite their console friends to play with them in the PC Crucible pools."

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50373

    Overhaul of Vanguard/Infamy reward system

    "Glory, Valor, and Infamy

    These changes are a precursor to some larger improvements planned for Season 15 (e.g., introducing Vanguard reputation, rebalancing Infamy to bring a reset in-line with Valor, and more). We'll have more information on those changes in a few months!"

    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50325

    Changes are now listed in this TWAB : https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50488

    Masterworks on Gunsmith Weapons

    "Don't have the details right now, but here's what I do have:

    Starting next Tuesday, Gunsmith should stop selling weapons without masterworks. We're planning a fix for Season 15 so the weapons can be sold again w/ masterworks. Couldn't get the full fix in, so we're stopping the bleeding until full fix is ready.

    I'll sync with the team to get an answer on weapons that don't have MWs - but may have to wait for their investigation to conclude."

    https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/obrcqu/this_week_at_bungie_7012021/h3pnude/?context=1000

    "Following up - the fix that's being developed won't touch on gunsmith weapons already acquired, but will prevent weapons from lacking masterworks moving forward.

    It's a bummer, but the team is working to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future."

    https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/obrcqu/this_week_at_bungie_7012021/h3q6hzg/

    submitted by /u/Spawnling
    [link] [comments]

    You know those Star Wars books that have cross-sections of the ships and vehicles in the movies? Destiny should have one of those.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    like a map of the last city for example, cut throughs of the tower, the inside of the dreadnaught, how the ships and ghosts work, stuff like that. bungie could made a TON of money making this kind of nerd candy.

    submitted by /u/MegaMaxMellon7778
    [link] [comments]

    A Buff for D.A.R.C.I

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    As we all know D.A.R.C.I has the ability to find out the health and the distance of an enemy but what if it also had the ability to recognize a champion and automatically switched to that champions type as it is a power weapon it has to compete with weapons like anarchy and it will also make it a viable choice in higher tier pve activities

    submitted by /u/fishyboi360
    [link] [comments]

    I miss when more weapons had sight options instead of barrel options. Especially on snipers

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Sight options make weapons feel more unique because it's completely up to you. Like the eternal blazon. Those sights are awesome. Not like the pleidies corrector or whatever. That thing is so damn ugly to me. Would have been cool if the shadow price had sight options but it also would have been cool if they kept kinetic but whatever I guess

    submitted by /u/anonymous32434
    [link] [comments]

    The new player experience in D2 is terrible right now.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    I'm brand new to Destiny 2, but I played the hell out of D1 back in the day. Playing D2 gave me a huge wave of nostalgia, and overall I really enjoy the game. It feels like there's literally 10x as much content as there ever was in D1, even if you're FTP. The gunplay still feels great, and killing low tier ads by headshotting with bows never ever gets old to me. The strikes and missions feel more interesting and engaging then they ever were in D1. And holy hell, does this game have depth now. The rabbit holes I've fallen down over the first 65 or so hours I've put in so far are innumerable. God rolls, armor and weapon mod choice, stat min-maxing, and the list goes on.

    BUT.

    It's really not great that after this many hours I still feel, and I cannot emphasize this enough, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY LOST. At the end of the day the game's tutorial is pathetic; I literally had to Google where the vault was because the game never told me. Every day I find new content that I didn't know existed, and I don't know what content is worth playing. I don't know what gear come from where. I don't know what certain buffs and debuffs do or how they work. I don't know how to efficiently farm important materials, or even what materials are important. I'm constantly alt-tabbing to google what something means, or where to get something.

    The best example I can think of: the game prompted me to run VoG for a pinnacle challenge, so I hopped into the LFG discord and found a Sherpa. Overall it was wonderful, the guys who taught us were exceedingly patient and answered all of my stupid questions. But I still felt like a lost little kid, even though I had cleared VoG in D1 like 40 times, because the sherpas were talking about weapons I'd never heard of, mods I didn't have or know where to get, and mechanics I didn't know existed.

    I want to emphasize that I'm literally not even new to the series. I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into D1, probably thousands. I simply should not be as lost as I was and still am.

    When I go to YouTube or Google to look for information, I frequently find videos or articles dated from like two years ago, directing me to content that no longer exists or has drastically changed.

    At this point I'm ranting, but for the love of god, why does the game literally never tell me what an Overload Champion is or how to deal with them? Why did I have to Google that mechanic to understand how it works when I was stopped dead in my tracks the first time I encountered it? Why is there no help resource in game, no directory to guide me through the beginning stages of getting into the game? Why do the tutorial missions drop me off at the tower with NO MEANINGFUL DIRECTION WHATSOEVER?

    deep breath

    At the end of the day, I really, really enjoy this game and I want to keep playing it. In many ways it's almost everything I wished Destiny was back in the day. But it pains me to think of how many of my first hours I've wasted trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and it pains me even further to imagine that most new players, especially those who have never played destiny at all, are probably so frustrated with the lack of direction and clarity that they just straight up uninstall.

    I really don't know how to solve this problem. Hell, given how ignorant I apparently am, maybe there's some kind of community resource I don't know exists that you guys could point me to?

    Edit: So I basically wrote this post at 3am and then just went to sleep. I didn't expect it to get so much attention but all of your comments are great! Thanks so much for all the feedback and suggestions especially. Time to start replying and I think I'll use my keyboard for that lmao

    Edit 2: To all the people reaching out offering to help me, thanks so much, this community slaps. Also I'm contractually obligated to shameless plug my spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3Vcx9330nJLlsUQjaLzniP?si=R55S_FUrSGqSl_RDbyxmFw&dl_branch=1

    submitted by /u/FuriasRevenge
    [link] [comments]

    The worst GM modifier this week is "Hidden Pools" and I hope it never returns

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Bungie please fix this, if I die to one more invisible pool you'll have to buy me a new desk

    submitted by /u/scumble373
    [link] [comments]

    Let behemoth shatter crystals with normal slides when cryoclasm is equipped.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    The main problem with behemoth is how clunky it feels in terms of shattering synergy. And being able to shatter crystals with barricade gives no space to run cryoclasm over the other options, considering that it also offers one less slot for fragments.

    Therefore cryoclasm needs a buff and I believe that allowing the normal slide to shatter crystals would be a good option.

    submitted by /u/DiegoLucas25
    [link] [comments]

    Got kicked from a GM right before the boss. Why is this a thing?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    Just got kicked from a GM right before the boss died. The guy that kicked me bagged Me the entire game. We had no mic so i am guessing he did not like the fact that i died two times more than he did. So he kicked Me right before the boss died.

    Why is this a thing? It should not be possible to kick a guy that is not on your friends list without atleast taking the entire group to orbit first.

    This really ruined my day.. lost some faith in the lfg community now.

    Edit: Thx so much for the support. There Are a lot of good people in the D2 community

    submitted by /u/D-O-V-3
    [link] [comments]

    If Tactical Mag, Appended, and Extended Mag give the same number of rounds on a weapon, then only Tactical should be on that weapon.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    For instance, Tactical Mag gives the exact same rounds on a slug shotgun as Appended and Extended, and Tactical gives you more reload and stability, so why would you ever use Appended or Extended?

    There are also instances where Appended and Extended give the same number of rounds, which makes only Extended useless.

    It's okay during instances where if you put backup Mag on extended, then it will give you more rounds than Tactical/Appended, but that's it.

    Not allowing a specific magazine on a weapon where it is useless would save so much less grinding for the right roll.

    submitted by /u/RedPandaR10t
    [link] [comments]

    Wayfarer-This was the title that really got me into the game. It had made you do a bit of everything. New Lights need an equivalent

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    I went back to D1 this week and realised there was s lot I never did, simply because at that time I never engaged with the community (such as it was then) and had no idea it was there. Aside from crucible and the campaigns, the game was terrible at explaining what the rest was or why you should play it.

    I played D2 year 1 and Again, that was mainly the campaigns and crucible.

    It wasn't until year 2 and I started working towards Wayfarer I finally started branching out.

    It made you try a bit if everything on every planet. Not just crucible, strikes and gambit. There were exotic quests, heroic missions, lost sectors, Blind well, ascendent challenges, escalation protocol and more. Most could be done solo, but it also encouraged me to try LFG for the strange terrain nightfall. Something which I was nervous about doing then but I now do regularly.

    Even though I now have many more titles. Wayfarer remains my favourite as when I earned it, I knew that I was no longer a new player and wearing it showed I KWTD. Unlike the current seasonal titles that are basically participation trophies.

    New lights need an equivalent title. Something that introduces them to the range of content across all the planets, both to show them whats there and to help engage them with the community

    submitted by /u/wondercaliban
    [link] [comments]

    1 month until the witch queen reveal

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    I get more excited for reveals like this than some holidays, the way these vidocs get put together are amazing

    Anyways, what is everyone hoping to be revealed?

    submitted by /u/0SwiftChiller0
    [link] [comments]

    Salvation's Grip being able to detonate/shatter its own glaciers would make it feel better

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    The inability to shatter anything you freeze with it without having to swap weapons or use a Stasis subclass really kills the weapon, imo. I think it'd be really fun to give it a remote detonation button (hold or double tap interact) to shatter any Stasis generated by it on the field, or give it an alt fire where single tapping the trigger shoots a shattering icicle and holding still shoots the crystal formations.

    It can be a really fun weapon to mess around with if you have the right build, but its utility just isn't quite there to make it feel like it functions well by itself, and I think just making it shatter in any way will at least help alleviate it while keeping its really unique identity.

    submitted by /u/Haethra-7
    [link] [comments]

    If you have 30+ looted clears of a raid, you should be able to buy the exotic for spoils.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    I don't think I can handle another DSC. 52 clears, Day 1, all the triumphs, but still no title because I can't get the rocket launcher to drop. There are people who are even worse off than me! Same deal for Last Wish, VOG, etc. Even if this option weren't enabled until a raid stopped being "featured," it would let people with bad luck like me get the thing and move on with their lives.

    submitted by /u/an18ftsloth
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, I have gotten god rolls of every adept GM weapon already. I feel like next season I will be punished for that when I have a 50/50 chance of getting a new weapon ON TOP of RNG of even getting an adept weapon. Make the drops guaranteed.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    I get the elimination of FOMO, and I'm probably in the minority having the rolls I want. But it seems strange that the people who have grinded GMs have 50% less chance of getting the weapon they want next season. Making an Adept weapon guaranteed alleviates this somewhat at least.

    submitted by /u/Lt_CowboyDan
    [link] [comments]

    The moon weapons should've been reissued with the best perks from the old and new set instead of throwing them all out the window.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    This could've led to some really cool combos, overflow and frenzy on arc logic, outlaw and multi-kill clip on every waking moment, clown cartridge and full court on love and death, and clown cartridge with high impact reserves for a fine memorial.

    Tranquility got butchered though so no cool combos there.

    submitted by /u/BigHippo-
    [link] [comments]

    I love the Tigerspite

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    As soon as I saw that the missing Dreaming City weapons were fixed, I logged on and went hunting for one of my favourite weapons. I have a very soft spot for 450 autos, I fell in love with Shadow Price last season, so having a kinetic 450 auto is a dream come true for me. I don't know, the gun just feels and sounds superb, and I find joy in just firing it. Bungie's sound design and animation teams deserve all the love and respect, and I appreciate all the work they put into making the game feel good.

    I just had to rant about this, because I think Tigerspite (and by extension all the weapons in the game) deserves appreciation, regardless if they're meta or not. What are your favourite weapons that you enjoy using just because they're fun to shoot?

    submitted by /u/BlanketsAndTea77
    [link] [comments]

    We desperately need vaulted pvp maps/strikes/gambit maps back

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:43 PM PDT

    I really wouldn't mind not getting this much content seasonally, if the core game modes had enough variety again.

    You simply deleted too much content. The seasonal content isn't built to last. You can feel that. It burns you out in no time. I haven't played a single battleground or wrathborn hunt since they were implemented early each season.

    You make us play strikes and gambit all the time, crucible carries the game during content droughts, and you call them "core playlists", yet they get negative attention from you. Not only do they see NO content updates, you also deleted a lot of their variety with the DCV.

    Your whole "we need to save disk space" argument is a complete lie and we know that. D2 currently has a third of the size of call of duty for example. Current gen consoles and especially PC's have more disk space available than 50 installs of D2 could fill.

    I am thinking that you want to burn out people in core playlist quicker to sell seasonal content? I really don't see any other reasoning for thinning out our CORE playlists that much otherwise.

    submitted by /u/Morakx
    [link] [comments]

    I wish pulling my Ghost out would explain what my current buffs do.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:08 PM PDT

    Or have temporary buffs displayed in the character screen (beneath the perma buffs) so we can hover over them. There are so many buffs you get out of nowhere with no prompt explaining what they do. Like, what is Splicer's Will?!

    submitted by /u/Recnid
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, the change to Armor Synth bounties costing Glimmer is great. But now we need the removal of the seasonal cap to make it really good.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 12:16 AM PDT

    Pretty much just that.

    The change to armor synth bounties costing glimmer rather then Synthweave is a good one and it is a major quality of life improvement. Good job there.

    But Armor Synth in Destiny is still by far the worst transmog in any game, and sets a worrying precedent for the games industry as a whole.

    The main sticking point for most at this point is the seasonal cap. Just, like, get rid of it. Let people grind endlessly for looks if they want, and then those who don't can pay you for it.

    A couple of other changes that could be made, but are NOT essential, would be to make some of the harder or more tedious bounties easier, and to allow single character players to transfer any otherwise useless given class tokens into ones they CAN use. But the former is not as much of a issue now that you can keep trying for a bounty you want easier, and the latter is really only a minor QoL change for that playerbase section.

    No, the real stickler from making Transmog good right now is the season cap on how many you can earn. It needs to GO.

    Edit: For those of you who say that a cap of ten is enough for you: good for you. I'm legitimately happy for you that you can work within that limit. The cap should still not be a thing. It only exists for the sake of making things more difficult for other people who can't work with that limit for some reason. The only recourse people have in that situation is to pay. It would be better not to have the cap and not have anyone be limited by it, then to be limited by it and have some be hampered by it and some not.

    Edit 2: For those of you saying "It's free to play, don't you get how economy works": Monitization of this game is a whole other topic, and NOT one I want to go into right now. But if you want me to, TLDR: the issue here is not shit like eververse pricing for once. Or rather, if you feel that it is, that is a seperate issue, to be discussed in another thread. The issue here is that a part of this feature is capped for no good reason, and that it hampers players and hurts the system itself.

    submitted by /u/Kylestien
    [link] [comments]

    Let Ada Reroll Exotic Armor Stats

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    She is our official Guardians Warehouse shop, She has looms and stuff so allow us to reroll Exotic Armor Stats, Getting exotics that drop below 60 are trash.

    submitted by /u/Kayodeydawg
    [link] [comments]

    Would definitely like to see another live event before witch queen

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    I know the beyond light live event got some hate but I enjoyed it even through the trouble of getting in and the one time i got disconnected. It would be super awesome to see something like seeing savuthun over the city or have the entire city sing savathuns song like mindless zombies.

    submitted by /u/AMONGUS_LOVER2010
    [link] [comments]

    Loving the spawn fix for dead cliffs! Thanks bungie

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Just kidding it's still fucked, love spawning A when the entire enemy team is capping it and there is a super in the back room.

    submitted by /u/campers--
    [link] [comments]

    DSC Flawless...finally...

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    I didn't know where else too post this, but after 7 months of trying, props something close too 70-ish fails, 160 actual clears...today, with a super chill bunch of guys off LFG, I finally got the Flawless DSC done 😁😁😁

    Honestly so happy about this and didn't know where else too post it!

    Made 5 new Friends today, and dam that Shader is a beaut ;)

    submitted by /u/Danamaze1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment