• Breaking News

    Monday, July 26, 2021

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-07-26]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-07-26]


    Daily Questions [2021-07-26]

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Season of the Splicer Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Please, no more 'Travel here' and then 'Speak to X' and then 'Go back here' quest-steps

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 11:33 AM PDT

    • Speak to Mithrax
    • Speak to Ikora
    • Speak to Mithrax
    • Speak to Saint
    • Speak to Mithrax
    • Cry

    Last season had some great features, story-telling with the holograms was fantastic. Going through this content on my 2nd and 3rd characters is horrible.

    So much back and forth from Tower to HELM to Tower, to someone else in the Tower, to the HELM and back again.

    Somebody sat down and thought this was a good idea. I feel for anyone on last-gen consoles because it must take them 20 minutes to get through this chit chat at times.

    Holograms = Good.

    Here, there and everywhere = Bad.

    submitted by /u/wsscrows
    [link] [comments]

    I made a fan art 3D legendary hand cannon based on what a vanguard agent like Aunor would use, let me know what you guys think!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    COMORANT JUDICATOR
    "The Vanguard's policies and bureaucracies stand in the way of swift justice. Here's how i skip the paperwork."
    -Warlock Aunor Mahal, on showing the weapon to Crow.

    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/q9WgD2

    Edit: oh man thank you all for the 1k+ upvotes and all the awards! I have more planned on the way when my work schedule clears up! I hope this inspired some people to get creative as well! Have a great day guardians!

    Edit: Not too sure why my post got flagged as NSFW but okay LOL

    submitted by /u/uhohspaghetti000
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie, if you're going to make the playlist armors sets all the same, at least make the set decent to look at.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    I don't think i have ever seen anyone wear the playlist armor.

    submitted by /u/AMM0D
    [link] [comments]

    Seasonal Catalyst Boosters Should speed up the process of Older Unfinished Catalysts.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Title, That would Actually be a Quality of life Change... Im just so tired of spamming playlist strikes or whatever for my Eriana's cata... And I still have 100 more to do its just annoying, You cant even farm nightfalls or activities that you actually get a profit farming. I know this topic probably got posted like a million times already

    submitted by /u/joeybrezlord
    [link] [comments]

    Please make Adept weapons a guaranteed drop in GMs

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    I am sure everyone posts this on a daily, but I feel like if we are all heard, Bungie would do something about the drop rates for adept guns in GMs. I feel like if the rewards are guaranteed in any of the gms, it'll increase the playerbase for the gms, and not only that, but it would feel refreshing knowing that you are going to get a drop from completing the gm, rather than being hopeful that you are getting something, and then get depressed because nothing drops for you at the end.

    edit: hopefully this sounds better than the previous statement, I had made.

    submitted by /u/AGunslinginGuardian
    [link] [comments]

    Give Tommy's matchbook the perk Heating up

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    it only makes sense come on

    submitted by /u/RealLifeFemboy
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the vibe Cayde-6 brought. Nowadays it's all so serious and bleak.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I think the one of the few times I laughed after Cayde's death was the Ghost narrating as Drifter in that one mission. We need that character's vibe back in some way asap. Just bring him back as he was, with his memories, it's been long enough. I'm sure Clovis could do that.

    submitted by /u/BionicD
    [link] [comments]

    Just FYI: You Have One More Week To Powerlevel Before Timelost Fatebringer

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    This coming weekly reset (July 27th) is probably going to drop Timelost Praedyth's Revenge from the Oracles Challenge. The next weekly reset (August 3rd), according to the predictions will be Timelost Fatebringer from the Templar Challenge. This means that all guardians have a little over a week to get above 1340, which is the baseline I've seen in LFG for Master VOG runs. Timelost Fatebringer is guaranteed to have Explosive Payload and Firefly, so if you want a guaranteed good Fatebringer make sure to prep this week!

    As someone who has played a decent amount, and doesn't do nearly enough bounties, I cannot recommend enough that any guardian that's strapped for time should try and knock out as many seasonal challenges as possible to gain an extra couple of Power Levels. I was at +18 artifact and by doing seasonal challenges with a few overlapping bounties I'm almost +20 after about 3 hours of work!

    And here's the best part: The Timelost weapon drops from the challenge chest, meaning that you and your fireteam can just do Master VOG up to and past the Templar Challenge, and then switch to Normal VOG and get the same loot for the rest of the Raid, except it being noticeably less stressful. I did that with my clan to get Timelost Vision of Confluence (Wellspring and Thresh!!) and it saved a LOT of time.

    Take care guardians!

    submitted by /u/Mult7mus
    [link] [comments]

    Even after the Buff Sleeper is......Underwhelming

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    Look i'm usually not one to complain (Unless it's about CBMM or H*nters but i am pants at PvP)

    But it feels like it didn't really DO enough to fix this beautfiul weapon

    Like it feels like it went from Zero to a Middle aged Dredgen Dad with alchohol problems

    It was really a swing and a miss, maybe next time this weapon gets a looking at it can be the slugger it once was, just maybe adjust the damage values against Guardians so the 7 Gambit mains don't throw a strop

    Could do with dialing back the nerf to Ricochet damage against bosses, doing something cool with a weapon like that should be rewarded not punished

    But that's just my 2 Ballywho (adept)s

    submitted by /u/StarAugurEtraeus
    [link] [comments]

    Finally solo flawlessed Prophecy today..

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Decided to do queue up a solo run today, wasn't even meaning to solo flawless it and didn't even realize I was actually doing it until Kell Echo had about 1/8th of health left, which was when the adrenaline kicked in. Many prior attempts at solo flawless failed right after a 2nd damage phase.

    Did it on bottom tree void hunter with Sixth Coyote. Weapon load out was mainly Witherhoard and Ikelos smg. Swapped to Night Watch for wasteland. Falling Guillotine for Phalanx then switching to Corrective Measure for cube room and boss. Warmind cells were really clutch. Echo was 5 damage phases.

    Yknow, I never really batted an eye at anyone wearing the emblem, the only reason I've been attempting it was just to say I did it. Right now though I'm feeling really proud that I'm able to equip it. Also it downright has a cool design.

    So that's it. Just wanted to post about this somewhere. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk ✌️

    submitted by /u/AquaSpiderBat
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to miss Warmind's Decree next season. It pairs so perfectly with a Nezarec's Voidwalker and is easily the most fun I've had with a warlock in Destiny.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    I can run Graviton Lance and Royal Entry, or Truthteller and Black Talon/Deathbringer, and be chucking grenades constantly thanks to max Disc and Nezarec's while also making Warmind cells with it all.

    submitted by /u/daftvalkyrie
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie please bring back the forsaken gambit weapons

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    Title says it all

    submitted by /u/boysac
    [link] [comments]

    Fail Safe is my favorite character and I'm sad I can't see more of her- Newer player perspective

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    I'm a relatively new player, I started at the beginning of this current season. I'm also a bit of a power gamer so I've done a lot of outside research and worked my way through much of the content currently available while trying to keep up on the time limited weekly stuff (pinnacle chasing, grinding out the Xur quest every weekend to maximum past exotic purchases, ect).

    In the course of doing this content I've been able to encounter Fail Safe mostly through the random strikes where she speaks and public events on Nessus. It took me a while to realize that Nessus is essentially a dead planet with almost nothing on it to do but some bounties each day to get more experience and it just makes me sad that I don't get to experience the storyline involved with this planet (and that I don't get to hear more Nathan Fillion).

    I get that the 'reason' for Bungie to vault the content is in part to cut down on the install size of the game... that just doesn't make tons of sense to me. 1) Storage is pretty cheap, even on consoles. 2) there are larger games out there and 3) There are other solutions

    If size-on-disk is truly that big of a concern, I don't understand why Bungie can't make this content optionally available. Allow me to switch some of the expansions on/off and have it downloaded / removed from my hard drive when I do. When doing matchmaking just don't match me with players who can't access those strikes... or disable matchmaking entirely for 'optional' content. But at least allow me to solo it or put together my own fireteam.

    Continuity wise, who cares about Zavala saying "Io and Mars have disappeared" at the beginning of New Light? The New Light experience is completely disjointed storywise anyways... I'm a brand new guardian just revived by a lost ghost that had been wandering the tower... and I'm also the guardian who Cayde considered a great friend despite him dying before I came back.... and oh yeah I've killed like 3 gods?

    The storyline is already super messed up, I just recently realized that a large portion of the strikes I've been doing are just recycled Destiny 1 content and so is the only raid I've completed so far.

    submitted by /u/dizao
    [link] [comments]

    Dear whomever changed the Vex Mythoclast sfx... Why?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    Can we please get it changed to the original sound effect in a future patch? This has to be the most unnecessary change I've ever seen in a video game. Literally can't think of any reason why they'd want to change such an ICONIC noise.

    You used to be able to tell someone had it equipped, because the unique sound was unmistakable. Now? It sounds like a muffled water gun, and you can barely hear it while standing right next to it. I know this is a very minor thing, but I feel part of the weapons identity is tied to it's unique firing sound. It really felt like you were using a gun from the future.

    submitted by /u/01101001100
    [link] [comments]

    bungie needs to add back glowing shaders

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:41 PM PDT

    i absolutely LOVED glowing shaders in destiny 1 like glowhoo and wildfire

    just image the kinds of fashion you could do with those

    tbh they don't even need to be from d1 if d2 makes their own glowing shaders i'll be happy too

    submitted by /u/IHateReddit1340
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t expect an LFG or even yourself to play as well as your favourite Youtuber/streamer

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    I've used LFG quite a bit since D1, and for the most part have great experiences. I've met some awesome people, and had a blast with most groups.

    What is not cool is when somebody takes it upon themselves to berate their team for not being 100% optimal and flawless.

    I joined a normal Atheon checkpoint today, and in the group was one of the most toxic individuals I have come across in this game. My first instinct was that he was the leader, but I realized that he wasn't. He just joined, and felt the need to make everyone feel like crap for what were mostly his mistakes.

    "This should be an easy one phase" - Him, as he struggles to put out more than 600K damage on Atheon. Okay, I get it. You saw a group absolutely melt Atheon with nothing but Khostov and damage from a flying pylon, but this group ain't it. And that's okay. It is perfectly normal to two/three/four phase Atheon with a random group from LFG. Not everyone has perfectly optimized DPS builds, not everyone is going to get every single call out right, sometimes people miss the detain buff. But you need to expect that.

    It has been said here before, but a relaxed group having fun is going to find more success than a group under stress.

    To the other guardians that stuck around after he left and managed to get it next try with a new bunch, thank you. I apologize that I missed my detainment when my son woke from his nap, but we shrugged it off, got back in order, and slayed. That is just how LFG goes sometimes.

    If you want a sweatlord group, make your own post and make it very clear in the description. But also, make sure you yourself can back it up, especially.

    submitted by /u/Husker--Dont
    [link] [comments]

    I wish we could have a permanent Nightfall level difficulty Strike playlist

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    I really enjoy the Nightfalls as it forces people to actually do the content and kill most of the enemies, rather than just jumping on their sparrow and skipping half of the encounters.

    Maybe we could have the lower difficulty Nightfalls just be a strike playlist, but still keep Master and Grandmaster as the one Nightfall for the week. I would farm the hell out a playlist like that.

    submitted by /u/ComputaBroken
    [link] [comments]

    No Weapons Vault of Glass

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    Video Link

    We managed to get through all of VoG without using weapons. We allowed the passive holding of swords and riskrunner, but no sword blocking, Heir Apparent Revving, etc. The relic was also allowed to be freely used.

    Took 5.5 hours overall but was lots of fun! We did DSC no weapons before as well so I guess it's time to figure out Garden (the 3rd encounter is where we're stuck atm).

    submitted by /u/Glimpse_of_Destiny
    [link] [comments]

    Combine 2 weak exotic armors and make one solid exotic. What did you combine?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Knucklehead radar + Foetracer for hunter. I'd say that combination would make a very strong universal usage exotic for PvP. Sure it's not a stompees but If you love information, making this into one exotic would have its own group of people that love it.

    Interested in what you guys can combine, as longest it doesn't become too OP.

    submitted by /u/Khanaerih
    [link] [comments]

    Universal Raid Ornaments as a reward for Master Raids

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:33 AM PDT

    So what if one of the things you get from the master raid chest are armor ornaments. I'm talking like badass D1 raid style ornaments that make you look like a straight up badass in the Tower like in the good ole days. You know it might make the Master version of VOG and future raids a little more worth doing. I just know people are upset at the there being no incentive to doing master VOG other than timelost weapons. Would Master version Universal ornaments that are badass make it worth doing to you?

    submitted by /u/CRobby_Rob
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most exotic Exotic?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    Title basically. After watching a Datto video it occurred to me that the point of exotics was to have one-of-a-kind perks, which got me thinking: "Which exotic is the most one-of-a-kind?" Both in terms of archetype and perks. What would y'all say is the most unique exotic in destiny 2? This isn't a discussion on which exotic the best, or most broken, this is purely based on which exotic is the most unique, which I'm pretty sure can me measured. I personally think it's Vex Mythoclast because it's the only fusion rifle to use primary ammo, has two firing modes between an auto rifle and a linear fusion rifle.

    submitted by /u/SadOldGuy45
    [link] [comments]

    Exotic from silent fang bounty

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    So i got all 3 dlcs yesterday and started off at forsaken and was doing the bounty things for the spider and i chose the silent fang one and on my first time completing it i got a Lord of wolves!this was my first time completing any bounty from the spider but i thought it was really cool lmaoLord of wolves that i got

    submitted by /u/EpicGamerguy4206913
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment