• Breaking News

    Monday, July 6, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-07-06]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-07-06]


    Daily Questions [2020-07-06]

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    There should be a transmat effect where our guardian falls flat on their face.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Like the ship kicked us off. Add wailing arms, and it would get me every time.

    submitted by /u/D-KongWasHere
    [link] [comments]

    If Thorn and Lumina would be Guardians they would look like...

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Hey,

    Someone posted a few months ago 'opening theme' for Two Tailed Fox and something zapped in my brain and I started project 'how weapons would look if they were Guardians'. Or, other way around, 'How guardians would look if they had gear inspired by exotic weapons'. I have some unfinished sketches, but I can show first pair - Thorn & Lumina. I was entertaining thought about including Rose as a guardian, but I couldn't find satisfactory composition and design flashy enough to keep artwork balanced.

    Anyway, I firmly believe that incarnation of Lumina would be awoken Warlock, ad Thorn would be human hunter. I depicted it in somewaht postery style:

    https://i.imgur.com/I37XJri.jpg

    closeups:

    https://i.imgur.com/Ao7H2h0.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/H1OIziF.jpg

    hope you'll like it :)

    submitted by /u/Kathi_Langley
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie Plz Addition: Ornaments Should Not Change An Item's Seasonal Icon

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    This topic has been added to Bungie Plz.
    Going forward, all posts suggesting this change will be removed and redirected to this Megathread.

    Submitted by: u/smegdawg, u/DaHlyHndGrnade

    Date approved: 07/04/20

    Modmail Discussion:

    u/smegdawg: "Why it should be added: QOL thing for sure, but with the introduction of Transmog meaning everyone will be using armor from every seasons of Destiny it will be helpful to know what armor you are actual using.

    Especially now with Max Power Levels for sunset armor introduced."

    u/DaHlyHndGrnade: "Why it should be added: Once every so often this feedback gets 1k-2k upvotes. Feels like it's time to make this a Bungie Plz? Not sure which mod does most of that, anyone want to tag the right person? "

    Examples given: 1, 2, 3

    Bonus

    4

    5

    Criteria Used:

    "...3 examples (with links) of recent submissions (with at least 1 being over 5 days old), that have been well received (hundreds of upvotes on the front page of the sub - ex. 300+ upvotes)."

    Want to submit a topic for BungiePlz? Follow the instructions at the top of this wiki!

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Banner Control was getting stale. I’m glad Bungie switched things up to Iron Banner Mercy this time around.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Iron banner is no different than it’s always been. People on this sub have completely lost any sense of historical awareness regarding this particular event.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    Throughout the week, iron banner has been a very hot topic on this subreddit. With the removal of sbmm, many have come to the conclusion that this must be the reason for their bad experience in this weeks iron banner. I have seen hundreds of comments saying that iron banner has been nothing but sweaty six stacks and mercy rules. Funny enough, about a year ago, the addition of sbmm was blamed for the same reason. I decided to do a quick search through this subreddits history to see how the general player base has talked about iron banner over the years.

    Example 1

    Example 2

    Example 3

    Example 4

    In 2 minutes of searching, I found those 4 posts. I was looking for posts with a reasonable amount of upvotes and comments so that you can go look at what people were saying at he time.

    You can do you own search though. Iron banner has been terrible for the entirety of destiny 2. People have always had problems with 6 stacks and stomps in this event. Sbmm did absolutely nothing to stop this.

    Not only that, but at certain points of destiny 2's history, when sbmm was added to the game, people on this subreddit made the same mistake of linking their bad iron banner experiences with sbmm, forgetting all history. It turns out that if you're a solo player, playing teams of 6 is a bad experience regardless of the matchmaking preferences. Who would have thought.

    We need freelance iron banner bungie

    submitted by /u/DrCyanwasserstoff
    [link] [comments]

    Looking right is slower than looking left on default controls (PS4)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    So before anyone says my controller is broke it's not, this is what I've tested - 3 controllers, no change - restarting the game, no change - changing my sensitivity - switching the control scheme, fixed it?

    I use the southpaw control scheme to test and I realize that maybe my controllers just all happen to have an issue. On the southpaw scheme the right thumb stick is strafing, so I tested my strafing time. Left and right time is the same, but on default when I spin left takes 2 seconds and right takes 3, so it's not my controllers.

    • Tried other games, no issue.

    If anyone has any information on this it'd be appreciated, I've been playing since the Dark Below and this is the first time I've noticed this

    Edit: I tested the inputs on pc and nothing is wrong with the controller, all inputs are outputting what they should be

    Edit 2: I'm seeing some comments that describe stick drift, I've dealt with stick drift before and this is definitely not stick drift

    Edit 3: Below is a link to a video of the issue https://youtu.be/cGaVHVvaejY

    submitted by /u/War_Eagle451
    [link] [comments]

    I've always thought we should be able to visually represent our clan so I mocked up some items using our clan's emblem.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    I've always thought that the class emblems are a bit pointless because you rarely see it yourself and you don't see anyone elses unless you inspect their clan.

    One thing I've always wished was possible was to have your emblem on your class item like other games allow so I decided to mock it up and I thought it looked quite good.

    https://i.imgur.com/ZJE4LtX.jpg

    The Warlock bond came out a bit squiffy but getting that warp alignment just right was quite hard.

    submitted by /u/TheWordOfTyler
    [link] [comments]

    Out of my 5 years playing Destiny, this is the most unexpected and annoying death I've ever had

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/1bbSvl7vhm4

    Yes, this was a solo flawless run.

    Update: I did it on the next attempt. Maybe he was a good luck charm.

    I wish I'd waited to get taken barrier tho :(

    submitted by /u/TheHomesteadTurkey
    [link] [comments]

    This iron banner made me excited for weapon retirement

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    I can only take so many years of dying to mountaintop before I'm really excited to die to something else.

    submitted by /u/hikutsukyou
    [link] [comments]

    Crazy gambit hack for the other 7 people that still play it

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    When your team has enough motes to summon the primeval, the drifter will tell you to bank your motes to summon the primeval. This means that you should go to your bank and deposit your motes. This does not mean you should go clear the next wave of enemies that spawn in all the way across the map.

    submitted by /u/weeaboo-man69
    [link] [comments]

    Warlock bonds should look better ��

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Honestly, I know Bungie said that they won't make the bonds any cooler to a hood or something, but you can't tell me the bonds shouldn't look better...

    submitted by /u/Frosstttt
    [link] [comments]

    60FPS is great and all, but all I want next gen destiny to do is load my menus faster!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    It's getting really really bad. I'm on a PS4 pro and it's very noticeable. Really hoping that the SSDs help with loading this stuff faster!

    Thanks for listening to my guardian grumbling

    submitted by /u/Too-Far-Frame
    [link] [comments]

    Magnificent Howl could live on through Hawkmoon.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I was thinking about when Luke Smith was discussing bringing back Hawkmoon and Bungie not being sure how exactly to do it, what I think would be great if the perk Magnificent Howl lived on through Hawkmoon when Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten are sunset. In the current sandbox hand cannons of all archetypes have a range cap applied to them, the perk Magnificent Howl was somewhat always able to bypass this with the extra damage on the third rapidly landed precision shot, if this was applied to a 140 RPM archetype like Hawkmoon it could be able to three tap at some of the further ranges than other hand cannons, you could even have the amount of bonus damage on the third precision shot be random yet still above the 70 damage cap of 140's. e.g. 70>70>90-120. I believe this could be a great exotic perk and also be more balanced on a 140 given the intrinsic slower TTK of a 140 compared to the 150 that is Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

    submitted by /u/natemilonakis
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie if you're going to put me into an in-progress strike, can you at least spawn me around my team.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    The number of times I have been put into a strike and had to run for 5 minutes just to get to my team is ridiculous. I'm now just leaving (or standing there waiting to get pulled to the next area) if i get put into one, which isn't a great experience.

    submitted by /u/slash1011
    [link] [comments]

    Idea: Weapon Telemetry should be worth more and be a 'universal' vendor token.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    So all vendors have their own currency. Shaxx has crucible tokens, zavala has vanguard tokens etc.

    What if weapon telemetrys were a sort of univeral currency? Where you can hand them in to any vendor that accepts currency and get a random weapon. You have some extra weapon telemetrys? Pop over to Zavala to get a random vanguard weapon.

    As for how much they would be worth, I'm thinking equivalent of 5 tokens would be fair.

    submitted by /u/nervousmelon
    [link] [comments]

    Lord Saladin should offer daily bounties that give +5 Iron Banner tokens for each bounty completed

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    There should be a finisher where our guardian hits an enemy with a folding chair.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Our guardian just straight up folds the chair and smacks some poor thrall straight to orbit.

    submitted by /u/PartySeagull
    [link] [comments]

    The dungeons have been some of the best content Bungie has delivered.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    The Prophecy dungeon has been fantastic this season. Pit of Heresy and Shattered Throne have been great too. I've thoroughly enjoyed every dungeon that has been created.

    More content like this please.

    I haven't looked forward to a weekly reset like this since WoTM. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Bhammer74
    [link] [comments]

    I managed to get the From Downtown Triumph....as a Hunter

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    I don't usually play Arcstrider so this was pretty exciting

    https://imgur.com/gallery/uF9NXUJ

    submitted by /u/Mafia_Rebourn
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie if you’re going to reissue weapons, bring back really old ones

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    I know I'm not the only one who remembers the D2 beta meta with the Scathelocke auto rifle. I'm sure that would be much more welcome than seeing another year of the same Void auto dominating the crucible. Or how about those unique Omolon smgs like Out of Options and Phosphorus MG4 where you could swap between 900 rpm and 600 rpm? These would be great reissues with random rolls making them feel quite new.

    submitted by /u/EMP-NOMOLOS
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it possible to get armor that’s going to be garbage by fall?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    So I just opened a prime engram and got what I would consider basically a god roll chest piece (65 stat overall, with 24 recovery and 28 intellect). I would've been ecstatic upon seeing this had it not been for the fact that it was a substitutional alloy plate, meaning it will be sunset this fall. This simply shouldn't be possible.

    I can understand the reason for weapon sunsetting, although I unfortunately don't believe it will be properly executed, but why armor? Getting an armor set with updated seasonal mod slots is enough to have some people willingly grinding for a good set, which makes me feel that armor sunsetting is pointless. I wouldn't be upset about the chest piece I got being 4 seasons old if I were still able to use it in high level activities a year from now.

    submitted by /u/Jagob5
    [link] [comments]

    Today I took my dad thru Leviathan

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Went well actually. Despite the fact that he is 50, doesn't play video games and his total experience with destiny was the new light intro mission, we cleared leviathan in 1hr 30 mins with a total of 6 wipes.

    If you're still not sure if you're good enough to raid, remember that even my senile old man can raid.

    submitted by /u/rotomington-zzzrrt
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Drifter not have a token system like Zavala and Shaxx?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment