• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 20, 2020

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-09-20]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2020-09-20]


    Daily Questions [2020-09-20]

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    New player? Please read the New Light FAQ

    Bought the DLC? Shadowkeep FAQ

    Need Guidance? Collection of selected guides

    Shadowkeep & New Light known issues

    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to read the Full Year 1 Recap and the Returning Players Guide, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    6 years ago today, Xur sold Gjallarhorn for the first time.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Who would waste a heavy weapon slot for an exotic?

    Original thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2gugwz/xur_is_by_the_speakers_area/

    submitted by /u/mistafree
    [link] [comments]

    I have more anxiety over losing my 'Titan's Throwing Hammer' than I do losing teammates in 'Endgame Activities'

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I would rather risk my life to save a small hammer from despawning over reviving a fallen teammate.

    /s but also not /s

    submitted by /u/YeOldeApple
    [link] [comments]

    I 3D modeled my own custom exotic auto rifle - The Demolitions Expert

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    I made another original exotic! I'm a big fan of the Monte Carlo and its melee focus, but I always wondered what it would look like if it had a grenade based counterpart, so I decided to make the Monte Carlo's cousin, The Demolitions Expert!

    https://imgur.com/a/YCTMVO6

    The Demolitions Expert takes a lot of visual inspiration from the Monte Carlo, but still has a unique shape to help it stand out. I combined the sleek aesthetics of the Monte Carlo with the base of a Remington ACR and then started to take more creative liberties.

    Like the Monte Carlo granting melee energy, The Demolitions Expert grants grenade energy albeit to a lesser amount while dealing damage, but that's where the perk similarities end.

    Glorious Blaze

    "When grenade energy is full, holding (Reload) consumes it and funnels it into this weapon's launcher. When your grenade ability is reactivated, it fires an explosive blast that leaves behind an elemental vortex based on your current subclass."

    This perk takes into account your currently equipped subclass and builds around it. If you're running Solar, the gun glows orange, Void glows purple, and Arc glows blue, similar to Hard Light and Borealis (not enough info on Stasis to incorporate that element here, sorry). When your grenade energy is full, you can consume it by holding your reload button and it will then be stored inside the underbarrel grenade launcher. Pressing your grenade button will then fire it forward (Jotunn style) where it will explode dealing elemental damage and then leave behind a lingering damage zone. With a Solar subclass equipped, the zone will essentially be a Solar Grenade, Void will be a Vortex Grenade, and Arc will be a Pulse Grenade. So even though it would take your normal grenade, you'd be trading it with a powerful two-part grenade.

    I decided to give this one a Catalyst right off the bat this time, and I settled upon one that turns your bullets elemental (based on subclass) AND explosive for a few seconds after firing the grenade launcher. It keeps in theme with the explosive nature of the gun and seems like it would be a fun one to use.

    Hopefully it's not too overpowered or underpowered. Let me know what you think, feedback and criticism are both welcome and appreciated!

    My previous exotic

    More of my works if anyone's interested

    submitted by /u/Aerocendance
    [link] [comments]

    None of my friends play Destiny so I wanted to share with someone

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/Bq5m85k

    After a few days of bashing my head against the wall and about 15 tries I finally soloed Whisper at 1050 power. Despite how difficult it was I actually really enjoyed the challenge, the setting and the story of it. Black Spindle was my favorite exotic from D1 and after returning to D2 from launch I knew I had to have it. Things like this are why I love the Destiny series

    submitted by /u/ericlplante
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Fact: Xenophage can generate Warmind Cells.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    After grinding away at the nightfall for a couple of days, I've run into enough people telling me to post my Warlock build as it uses two lesser used mods with really interesting applications. This is in response to the pretty rampant gatekeeping for Masters or GM runs in LFG. Unless you have Izzy or Div, you will not find a group.

    Instead, I propose a Xeno Mind Build.
    https://imgur.com/a/Rwl1sEk

    Wrath of Rasputin is the solar Warmind mod. It states that solar splash damage can generate Warmind Cells. And let me tell you, nothing creates solar splash like Xeno. There is no crits. There is no need.

    With Warmind Cells and Global reach, two shots of Xeno can wipe an entire area of adds. It'll pop hobgoblins where ever they are, as long as they have "line of sight". This is in quotes because I've popped hobgoblins behind walls before.

    The second set of mods to use is Taken Armaments and Taken Repurposing. I know most people run Barrier. You don't need it if everything but the champions are dead when you walk into the next area.

    Armaments is obvious as every time a grenade kills someone, you regen heavy ammo. For Xenophage, that is 7 shots. The less obvious one is Taken Repurposing. This nightfall has a lot of solar shields. Shooting any of them once with Xeno will pop them instantly. My tactic has been to save one shot for a taken captain, or if you are on the Dam section, pop the knight at the end to regen your grenade instantly. However, there is a second hidden perk of Repurposing that only works in PvE. Using a finisher on any Taken will regen your nade as well. That means a thrall or a champion, based on what is closer.

    Other than the four seasonal mods, everything else is fair game. If you can reach the secret raid chests, you'll be able to get the Last Wish mods, and possibly enough armor. If you can run LFG, I can guarantee a fun time just clearing entire rooms with your Shotgun Rocket Launcher.

    submitted by /u/YggdrasilG
    [link] [comments]

    [Quick Doodle] Sjur and Mithrax be planning the next biggest prank in Awoken history. Mithrax is trying his best to contain his excitement.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    It'd sure be swell if there was a "Dark Postmaster" next to the "Umbral Decoder".

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Least we got fast travel to the postmaster. Two loading screens for the price of one!

    Edit: Most of us here know what DIM (Destiny Item Manager) is, so please refrain from being the 20th person to tell everyone that it exists. A triple-A title shouldn't rely on third-party programs to fix its issues, regardless how small.

    submitted by /u/BinxPlaysGames
    [link] [comments]

    I finally solo'd Shattered Throne! After more than 200 failed attempts. This is my story, my triumph, my little light in some very dark times.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    This was definitely my proudest achievement in Destiny.

    So here's some storytime for those willing to read and in need of some motivation.

    As a mostly solo player (after my clan dispersed), i haven't raided or done any truly endgame content since vanilla D2. I've continued playing mostly because of my love for the lore, characters and world. Well and i love the way the game feels as a whole.

    But I always felt like this kept me from seeing myself as actually good at the game. So I decided to prove that I am more than just some guy that tries to play whenever he gets some free time.

    I tried it a few months ago only to be crushed miserably at Vorgeth. It broke my spirit and gave up.

    But last week after much personal turmoil in my life. And being at a very low point. I decided to return to it, to prove once again that I am more than that. I too could become Legend. So I set out again.

    I was missing basically all raid weapons, and most pinnacle/ritual weapons, missing any really potent mods (even most basic enhanced ones), nothing really outside the 1 falling guillotine you get from the free pass (sadly couldn't afford the pass this season). Being overlevelled definitely helped a bit, but i was last time as well, but i refused to be stopped. I made it to Vorgeth, after a few attempts i could finally make it there without dying.

    And then it happened again, I got stuck. I wanted to pull my hair out. Was this just it, was i incapable of being anything more. I tried and i tried for hours (longer than i usually play in any sitting) I still failed. Went to bed disappointed. Couldn't sleep. I woke up early (I've been on unpaid leave for a month, due to some health and stress issues). And suddenly it started clicking like a dance, I finally managed to complete a damage phase without dying. My heart was pounding louder than normal. I tried to calm my emotions, because i am prone to panicking and anxiety. But even though everything was a bit overwhelming, there was a calm in my mind, so I pressed on. 2nd phase. 3rd phase. It wasn't fast or impressive, but it was working. Then the 4th damage phase came, my heart froze as I shot him from a distance with wavesplitter, not daring to get close enough to use my sword since it always led to death. And it happened, I slayed Vorgeth.

    I was elated. Overjoyed. And filled with confidence. But my fight was not over.

    I made it passed the next segments with relative ease, some minor deaths due to not being familiar with what came next.

    And the I finally arrived at Dul Incaru. I had heard of the encouter, and had watched on video from Datto so i could understand the mechanics of the fight.

    And then it happened again. The wall. It hit it at full speed, and just couldn'r get passed. I was getting overrun. I wasn't accurate enough. Not fast enough. Not good enough. I took a break and returned later that night, to no greater effect, tried different set ups, looked for advice. Nothing worked. Again I went to bed defeated. Again no luck really sleeping. I wake up Tuesday and promise myself to finish before reset. But again nothing works.

    Panic sets in. Despair. Is this what my life is. Just constantly struggling to inch forward only to be slammed down by the next obstacle, never truly making it to the finish line. I felt broken.

    I know it's just a game. But for me this was more than that. It was to prove to myself that I still had more left in me.

    I took a short break. Now with only an our left to spare. I ready myself. Mentally preparing myself for failure and disappointment.

    But there it was again. That sudden calm. I started my run off badly, but i kept going on. Using nothing more than the Pyramidion Nightfall Sniper (I am a terrible shot, but i just needed something that didn't tickle the bosses, and could destroy the crystal), Riskrunner (for the damage resistance, I unlocked the catalyst a few hours earlier) and a Zenobia-D launcher (which was a memento from when my friends still played, which i used simply cause it tracked and i had given up all hope). And then it happened again. Several cycles, having to kill the Knights twice. And losts of waves of psions cause I didn't really have the best ammo mods, so I tried my best to farm. Half way through I received the prompt that reset had just happened, so this truly was my final chance. My heart ached. My breathing halted. My hand sweaty. But for some reason my hope still burned..

    And then..

    She fell, in the same place as when I entered. Finally falling after the last shot from what remains of my memories with my clan, a weapon i had refused to delete even though I never use it.

    I threw my controller to the side (because ofcourse I play on a PS4, which my friends helped get me). I couldn't help the few tears that came with this victory. It was hard fought. It was long.

    But I knew. If I at least kept trying, I could do it. Not following the beaten path or any walkthrough, but by forging my own way. My own path to my Destiny.

    To say this victory meant more to me than anyone can imagine. May seem silly. And I wasn't sure whether or not to share my experience. But I hope in a way this little post, helps someone, gives them hope. Be it in the Dungeon, in the Game. Or just in Life. You can do it, in your own unique way.

    Thank you to those who took their time to read all of this, I hope it brightened your day a bit.

    And for those who didn't:

    TL;DR

    I finished the Dungeon, it was hard, it was amazing. I loved it, i love the game, and i love all of you too.

    Eyes up Guardians -

    submitted by /u/DanteRanma
    [link] [comments]

    Melee whiffs are out of control

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    I cannot count the amount of times I have whiffed my melee in a 1 hour play session. I've even been using shoulder charge point-blank and bottom tree striker with synthoceps (there are worse things to play against I don't wanna hear it) and still am having continued melee whiffs. Too many 1v1s lost because of this, bungie please for the love of titans fix.

    submitted by /u/cj10616
    [link] [comments]

    they made swords. they made bows. i want axes. battle or dual.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    dunno if i'm alone on this, but i wanted to share

    edit: or scythes as a new super or something

    submitted by /u/fe4licia
    [link] [comments]

    Season of Dawn mod 'Charged up' on sale on Gunsmith today

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    This mod lets you have one additioinal stack of Charged with Light.

    submitted by /u/tiger_1138
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get ornaments for exotics that don’t have them before you start making extra ornaments for others?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Anarchy and le Monarque still don't have ornaments, after all this time, and you know what ornaments we got this season? Sand and sun, released alongside the travelers chosen (okay fair enough), white collar crime, also released alongside the weapon (aight), equinox for ruinous effigy (same thing), heated exchange, TLW's second ornament (not bad, but still), objective reality, truths second ornament( still not bad, but did it need another?), matterscourge, outbreaks fourth ornament (two are silver only but still), and ahead of its time, wardcliff's fourth fucking ornament (why? Who asked for another wardcliff ornament? To my knowledge none of the others were locked behind silver like the outbreak ornaments so why does this rocket launcher need four ornaments? I can count the number of times I've seen anyone use it on both hands) but anarchy, one of the most used heavy exotics can't get a singular ornament? C'mon man

    submitted by /u/AncientView3
    [link] [comments]

    Trials from a non-Trials player

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Game one, card one: Player on team has 356x flawless, others well above 100x kds 2-3

    Game two, card one: play the exact same team

    Game three, card one: play another team with people 60-90 flawless kds 2+

    ....alright thats enough fun for me this morning.

    Bungie....understand why people hate the playlist? Even w/ the engram system? Why am I matching those teams before I even get one win on my card? why???

    Edit: This little rant has garnered some good discussion. Also, yes I'm on PC and yes I understand the "dice roll" that is matchmaking in the early part of the card, I've just never had as many issues that I had this morning.

    submitted by /u/NexG3n
    [link] [comments]

    Temptation's Hook ammo consumption

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Do you think it's fair that right click costs 8 ammo? It costs more than guillotine and deals less damage. The only advantage is it's ranged. But black talon is also ranged and eats less ammo per right click even though with a catalyst it deals a fucc ton more dmg. I hope they will make the hook consume 6 ammo at most, cool looking sword with nice special attack, but I ain't taking it into any hard content where ammo economy is key.

    submitted by /u/ImDoomGae
    [link] [comments]

    As a new player, I'm often left wondering what to do. I feel pretty overwhelmed playing this game

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I bought the season pass, and it offers a ton of awesome rewards if I level it up which is great... But I have no idea what to do honestly other than like just random "stuff". collect exotics, do quest lines, etc.

    Is there a recommended like track of what we should do?

    submitted by /u/basicbreeze943
    [link] [comments]

    Explosive Head Overload Arrows = Bonus Light Charges

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Doing GM runs last night and discovered that an explosive head bow paired with overload arrows double procs champion disruption (once from the arrow and instantly again from the explosion). Our fire team all had the Countercharge artifact mod equipped and that one arrow gave us two charges of light for our high energy fire build. I imagine adding stacks on stacks will increase the amount you gain (I don't have that mod, feelsbad). Happy loot farming guardians!

    submitted by /u/RedComet_2112
    [link] [comments]

    Exotic weapon: taken phalanx shield

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Bungie suggestion

    The proposal would be a new weapon type: Shield. Blocking consumes ammo but is significantly more effective than a sword or Titan with the arm exotic. Heavy attack would be the same blast they use on us. One of a kind and exotic?

    I feel like we have the ability to use the design space to provide new weapon archetypes and game experience. This weapon would allow for a tank role to be fleshed out.

    We use space magic and the corpse of a dead god, why is it any less realistic that we ripped a shield out of a phalanx's hand and beat them with it .

    submitted by /u/_Lord_Shaxx
    [link] [comments]

    Deathbringer + blueberries = comedy gold

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    I just got Deathbringer because I am a lazy new light. But it's increasingly becoming one of my favorites not because it's fun or a good room clearer but because the utter confusion pugs have when I'm using it. It's like pretty confetti that they try to shoot at. Seriously. They shoot and hide from the orbs. I laugh.

    I read that no one uses it anymore, so this makes sense but give it a try and enjoy the luls.

    submitted by /u/OmegaDonut13
    [link] [comments]

    I received a Hunter ornament from a mnemonic engram even though my sole character is a Warlock. Is this normal?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    This isn't the first time the game has given me a non-warlock exotic something or other. Is this how it goes because of the potential to have any three of the characters? I'm kinda peeved because there are plenty of warlock ornaments that I don't have :(

    submitted by /u/kindieguardian
    [link] [comments]

    If future seasons have this many engram drops, can we get a couple vault terminals nearby wherever we decrypt them?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I love how many umbral engram drops we're getting this season, it just would have been nice to get a bank of vault terminals nearby the decoder.

    All my item manager apps have been running super slow this season and it's a long walk back to the center of the tower to access my vault there.

    submitted by /u/mechtaphloba
    [link] [comments]

    On this day 4 years ago, we became Iron Lords

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    We reached the snowy apex of Felwinter's Peak and descended into the dark pit that was the Perfection Complex. We reunited Lord Saladin with Efrideet after learning how they had lost their comrades. We also went back to where it all began and bonded with our ghost.

    Memories were made on this day, ones that we will cherish until our Guardians breathe their final breath.

    submitted by /u/dan1elishere
    [link] [comments]

    Emblem Giveaway x3: Third Mark of the Collector (x2) and Planet of Peace (x1)

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Hello Guardians,

    This sentient box of raisins has a few extra emblem codes to give away: 2 Third Mark of the Collector emblems and 1 Planet of Peace emblem. If you would like to enter the giveaway, just reply to this post.

    Three winners will be selected at random when this post is ~24 hours old.

    submitted by /u/RaisinsFromErisMorn
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie should show us the difference in load times with the new generation of consoles.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    As it stands now, console load times are pretty bad. I have both an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro with an external SSD, and they're still not good. I could only imagine playing on a base Xbox One/PS4 using the internal HHD. Bungie should come out with a quick video just showing us how much faster the load times will be on the Series X/PS5, which they really should be. They're taking quite a bit out of the game, which you'd think would allow it to run better. I'm just hoping that the frame rate increase FOR WHATEVER REASON doesn't hurt the load times. Cuz you never know.

    submitted by /u/Gir_575
    [link] [comments]

    I've played a lot of games, but never have I seen a community so rich and willing to help each other out.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say you guys are actually amazing, I was in clan discord when someone from there sent me a LFG discord. I'm guessing this is the main discord everyone uses? I actually thought it was an official discord.

    Them I register and get my roles etc and I start to look at this discord. NEVER have I seen a discord VCs so packed and rich, you guys actually go the beyond to help each other out.

    And here I am thinking in my head who I can ask to help do my first raid. I've never had experience with them and I didn't want to be a pain and annoy someone with my lack of knowledge. But I guess I'll give this discord a shot! I've been thinking about doing them since I heard some will be removed on November the 10th.

    Anyways I hope this community stays how it is, I probably won't be able to afford spending money on beyond light when it comes out since I'm going uni in a couple days and I'm keeping money tight but one day I'll get it and enjoy the new stuff with you guys ;) I'm still kinda new JUST got 1060 light and 1057 on my second character, my warlock and I'm kinda struggling to go over that. (not sure what else to do than weekly pinnacle stuff, that gives me like 1 light level above my weapons and armour depending on what it is)

    Edit: I will gladly take recommendations and suggestions on the best way apart from pinnacle gear to Increase light level.

    Secondly, best way to get 1. Legendary engrams and 2. The gold shard ting for the infuse mod?

    But I'm still enjoying this game a hella lot. I love games with loot drops etc one of the reasons BL2 and now this game is on my top tier list. I think I fell in love instantly when I got the sunshot (fav pve gun) from xur and now today the riskrunner. I'm a sucker for chain weapons ngl. I was also recommended the graviton Lance? I'll check that out also

    submitted by /u/ChrisComments
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment