• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-03-07]

    Destiny Daily Questions [2021-03-07]


    Daily Questions [2021-03-07]

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:00 PM PST

    New player? Please read the New Light Guide & Gameplay Guide

    Want to buy the DLC? Beyond Light Guide

    Returning and not sure what was vaulted? Destiny Content Vault: Year 4

    Unsure what you need to pay for and what's free? Check out the Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt Calendar

    Top Known Issues List by Bungie


    Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also, be sure to check the thread itself!

    We also have a nice collection of useful resources below "Useful links" in the sidebar / top menu.

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    We have a collections tab for exotic weapon ornaments so why not make one for exotic armor ornaments too

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:27 PM PST

    The exotic ornaments tab for weapons is a nice addition to see what all you do and don't have so why not make one for armor too

    submitted by /u/NegrosInMyButthole1
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly reminder that Sleeper Stimulant still isn’t technically considered a Warmind weapon

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:55 AM PST

    Let me run a full Solar Cell build and transmog my Abhorrent set, also it just makes sense?

    Edit: Yes, autocorrect bested me.

    submitted by /u/AlphaZephryn
    [link] [comments]

    How is it cost effective for bungie to fund and make a huge gamespace like "Creation" on Europa, only to have the player visit that area twice?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:10 PM PST

    It would be the perfect place for a battleground mission, especially since the cabal are looking for exo tech.

    submitted by /u/Zecrozma
    [link] [comments]

    Please move the Eyes of Tomorrow's "unintended" low damage issue higher in your queue of issues to resolve. It feels bad having an amazingly designed exotic raid rocket that is sub-optimal to use when we have to get 1200 rocket kills for the season.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:43 AM PST

    Title. I understand that you have a lot on your plate and this isn't some game breaking thing, but I do think with this season's focus on rockets, it would be nice to feel rewarded for the time a lot of us have put in to earning this weapon.

    It's DPS and total damage are handily outclassed by the current legendary rocket offerings and using your exotic slot for a negligible difference in ad clear is simply not worth it.. there is rarely a situation where there are enough enemies on the field for eyes to be much better than wardcliff or a legendary clusterbomb and you would still be sacrificing a lot of total damage output when you reach the boss.

    You guys are making great moves this season and we are very grateful! Please accept my humble request to move your investigation of the Eyes of Tomorrow damage up in your queue =)

    submitted by /u/godspeedfx
    [link] [comments]

    450 RPM Auto Rifles need to be buffed.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:26 AM PST

    There's nothing more unsatisfying to me than to see a new Auto Rifle entering the loot pool, only for it to be a 450.

    It feels like such a waste of time to farm any of these because they lose to the other auto archetypes at quite literally everything. They kill the slowest in PvE and PvP, have a magazine comparable to 360s, less range than 360s and are almost always equipped with some crappy ass scope.

    As an example, I decided to farm Shadow Price because I like the nostalgic noise of the weapon as well as being a fan of the weapon back in the day. It feels like it takes almost twice as long to kill red bars than it does 600s and it feels harder to hit headshots with it too. They don't even feel as stable as our good 600s and I just cannot understand why they let them exist like they are.

    Give them some damage, an RPM change, some range, a magazine buff, SOMETHING because every single one that enters the loot pool just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth because I know that no matter what roll it gets that I won't find any use for it because the base weapon feels like such a pain to work around.

    They haven't been worth a damn since year 1 and it's such a shame that they created them in so many of our older activities...only for them to be ass.

    I see a 450 RPM, I farm it to vault it for the buff I KNOW they are going to get in the future, but when that is I'll never know.

    submitted by /u/sonicsonic3
    [link] [comments]

    Since the grind for new season light level has been lowered to pinnacles, can vendors start dropping things at my current light level again?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:56 AM PST

    Currently vendor drops are 20 light under what you max light level is. With the level grind when a new season starts is only going to be an increase of 10, it'd be really great if vendors could actually drop my light level gear again. I don't really like having to infuse a new piece of gear I got immediately upon receiving it just to get it to my max light.

    Also, can pulling exotics from collections drop at your light to instead of 200 light below? With sunsetting gone, I'd rather not have to fill my vault with exotics at my light level when I used to could just pull them from my collection and start using them right away. I know that you used to pull them 20 light under your max, but I felt that was fine for if you needed an exotic in a pinch you could grab and start using it right away. Right now I can't do that with any exotic I pull from collection and I need to waste an upgrade module and have a piece of gear in the slot I want the exotic to go in.

    Please consider undoing the change the effected both of these systems.

    Edit: Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. Hopefully Bungie will reconsider if this gets enough traction

    submitted by /u/AmbidextrousWaffle
    [link] [comments]

    Can stasis singe not take the place of our only positive modifier in strikes/battlegrounds/future PvE content.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:51 PM PST

    I dont get much time to play and its fun picking heavy weapons i dont normally use when its heavyweight or throwing tons of grenades when its grenadier. Maybe add it just as an extra modifier every 3rd day or however often it rotates in. Just please dont let it take the place of grenadier or heavyweight.

    While i think the modifiers overall need a rework because cycling the same 3 positive modifiers every day isnt much fun i know it wont happen any time soon, but figured this was something that could change in a random patch.

    submitted by /u/Dragon_Tortoise
    [link] [comments]

    Please don’t be an asshole in lfg

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:31 PM PST

    Today I spent 15 hours trying to obtain divinity in the Garden of Salvation raid with a LFG group. I agreed to switching to my hunter to use nighthawk as long as I can switch to my warlock which has the divinity quest on at the end. We got the final boss low and I was switching but as I was joining back, they locked their fire team and killed the boss without me. They all got divinity but me and I lost 15 hours of my life that I'll never get back. I'm not saying I want you guys do with me but instead trying say that please don't do that to people, I could've been doing so many others things but I chose to get divinity and in the end it was a waste of the entire weekend. I'm sure this has happened to thousands of other but please it ruins people's days and weeks, if you do this please, I beg don't do it to anyone else.

    submitted by /u/JackBruno21
    [link] [comments]

    Vendor packages should not drop world loot, but instead should have separate loot pools which include the new playlist specific weapons.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:16 PM PST

    Vanguard packages should drop only vanguard stuff, Crucible rank-ups should drop only crucible stuff, and Gambit rank-ups should drop only gambit stuff.

    Would make things a whole lot easier.

    submitted by /u/AscendantShard
    [link] [comments]

    Arbalest is broken on console and I’m sick of saying it.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:01 AM PST

    It's fckn ridiculous. It has too much aim assist. It takes no flinch. It's stupid.

    There are literally videos on YT showing how you can get headshots without actually aiming at the head. It's absurd and it's been like this for too long. Fix this crap already. You can't even counter it. Even if you constantly shoot that person, the aim assist is so busted they'll still get that headshot.

    We've been complaining about this for months. Just because that gun doesn't have 80% use rate like felwinter doesn't mean it's balanced. Enough is enough.

    submitted by /u/Oravital1
    [link] [comments]

    For the love of the Traveler, Bungie, rework the previous season pass catalyst quests.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:23 PM PST

    These things are designed with the catalyst boost in mind. New players having to grind out quests like The Bank Job for the Witherhoard catalyst is not a fun experience. As someone that literally never wants to step foot in the crucible or experience PvP in this game, having to get 100 grenade launcher kills is fucking brutal. That's hours upon hours of grinding.

    That's not even counting the 300 activity completions required. Not to mention the 400 that the Eriana's Vow catalyst requires. These are outrageously high.

    The quests either need to be reworked once their respective season ends or, and this is a really simple fix, allow the current seasons catalyst boost to work with past quests. As it stands new lights will be working on this shit for months.

    I'd rather take my chances on these catalysts being random drops from strikes than spend months working on just unlocking the damned things.

    submitted by /u/SolidStone1993
    [link] [comments]

    When I think "Extended Mag" with "greatly increased magazine size" I do not think that means 3 extra bullets

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:01 PM PST

    Seriously extended mag is so underwhelming compaired to every other mag option and sometimes doesn't even give you more than appended mag making it a direct downgrade.

    And when paired with backup mag it increases with diminishing returns or doesn't even do anything. Extended mag needs to have like 10 extra bullets at the LEAST on full auto weapons.

    submitted by /u/MrEousTranger
    [link] [comments]

    A friend of mine recently started playing Destiny 2 and somehow made Owen Wilson.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:18 AM PST

    He didn't realise until I pointed it out and we both had a pretty good laugh about it in the end :-)

    screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/GO7uHJs

    submitted by /u/EmptyVisual
    [link] [comments]

    New Little Light

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:37 PM PST

    Hello, blueberry here (how cute is it that you call noobies that)

    I'm a newish player that just got back into Destiny a week ago. I played the first game years ago on PS3 but only the free version for a while. I think tried out D2 when it was free on Battlenet a while back but didn't get as drawn into it.

    Now mentioning Bnet you probably realise that I'm into their own Blizzard games, like WoW and Overwatch - long time player of both and I love them. However, with OW2 in production and WoW really burning out half its player base (exaggeration), I found myself.. Well, kinda bored. A friend of mine has been trying to get me into Destiny lore for ages and so I gave the game another shot.

    It was really fun to jump back into the world and see the new light intro in the same place I started back in D1. Nostalgia hit me. But with upgraded PC parts, the beauty of the game kept me going. As I was playing with my friend, I'd ask random questions and she'd ramble on for ages about the story and deep lore. Bah, I probably won't get into the lore, I told her. But the game was cool. So different than my usual WoW experience of an mmorpg (or now mmofps?). But this vast difference kept my attention.

    The community was one of the first things that struck me. PEOPLE ARE SO NICE. Even if it's just joining in with my dumb little co-op emote. And if they're not nice? How could you know? People barely type in game and I love it. And just the forums and fun posts from the devs, I'm blown away.

    Remember when I said I wouldn't get into the lor- yeah. No. I've watched hours of Byf and Evade YouTube videos. I can't express enough how much I enjoy the world and story of Destiny. It's so interesting!

    I'm so happy to be a blueberry. I run around and emote to random people, stop to stare at random cool stuff I find, pew pew aliens and triple jump only to repeatedly spam [X] as I smash the ground with my new Stasis powers. I have 117 hours played already and I only started last Tuesday.

    Thank you, Bungie. Thank you a million for saving yourself from the Activision tyrant and offering me a home away from home. I feel so welcomed. ✨

    tl;dr I love it here.

    submitted by /u/masturdating
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for anti barrier snipers this season. I want more special and power champion mods in future seasons.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:45 PM PST

    Having snipers this season is the first time that I don't just use eriana's vow for EVERYTHING barrier. Unstoppable shotguns were cool, but not quite as impactful. It was still good being able to use that last season. I would love anti barrier fusion rifles or overload grenade launchers.

    submitted by /u/destinyvoidlock
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Bungie, giving us the ability to pick up bounties outside of the game was a fantastic addition to the game. Thank you!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:17 AM PST

    It might have been said before but we berate bad decisions so I'm making a point of giving credit where it's due. The time I can save by collecting bounties from the Companion App, before I start playing is an awesome addition to the game!

    submitted by /u/jamsnaxx
    [link] [comments]

    Since we already have double loot NF, can we also get a week with double loot Crucible, Gambit and maybe even Trial?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:35 AM PST

    Instead of just valor, glory and infamy point, double the loot drop as well (without blues gears if possible I guess). Adapt/Hero NF and non platinum reward are still given out twice so I can't see we should only have double loot for the hardest activity only. And it would be nice incentive to play those activity and better way for us to grind activity specific loot, just like for NF this week.

    submitted by /u/StrugVN
    [link] [comments]

    "On the seventh pace, the Perfect Raven comes out of Oryx’s wound, and she spreads her wings across Taishibeth. Never again is a Taishibethi child born." XXX. a golden amputation by myself!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:33 AM PST

    I would love a “weapon” that’s just bare hands using Light like magic.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:23 PM PST

    Since Destiny is a looter-shooter it would have to be an actual weapon you can loot and upgrade. Maybe called a "Light Focuser" or something and look like gloves.

    submitted by /u/GnomishRanger
    [link] [comments]

    If you dont have Divinity, now is probably the best time ever to get it.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:34 AM PST

    Garden of Salvation is very heavy on the team coordination and mechanic side of things. You cant really get away with carrying people through who dont participate in mechanics, and it's the most punishing for missing mechanics. However, the damage checks are a little soft.

    The current state of being able to do raids with more than 6 people drastically simplifies Garden. You're able to set definitive roles and dont need to resort to leap frogging in order to complete mechanics. All you need is 8 people to simplify the raid, but more never hurts. It also allows you to always send both sides through for motes every time you pop the boss' weak points.

    Tldr; 8+ people makes garden so much simpler mechanically, making div runs and new player experience much easier.

    submitted by /u/sonicgundam
    [link] [comments]

    Bungie PLS do the right thing... make all the non-super freeze last the same as the warlock melee/coldsnap/iceflare bolts (1.35 seconds)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:50 PM PST

    Imo this was the best Change Bungie made to stasis since launch

    It made people actively drift away from stasis warlock, since it made its kit not that much better than an icarus dash warlock

    Couple this change with the current primary resistance frozen targets have, and Players will likely only die to stasis abilities, if the enemy already has a special weapon in hand (sniper), or is already aping the frozen player (shotguns)

    This, IMO, would make stasis freeze feel like a hard stun lock, rather than a guaranteed kill

    Now look, this wouldnt make stasis balanced alone

    Stasis hunters need the most ammount of nerfs with regards to how quickly and far they can freeze enemies, and slow itself needs a duration nerf as well (4 seconds slow cannot be a thing IMO)

    Stasis titan is also overtuned, but mainly in the god-like nature of the stasis titan super, the rest of its kit is STRONG, but not Revenant hunter levels of strong

    Other offenders are the stasis crystals

    These last few changes were mentioned in the Road to witch queen update... but the freeze timers WERE NOT, which is worrisome to me

    Even thou I said it wouldnt solve the stasis issue, I firmly belive it would be a Night and Day difference in the crucible with this change alone

    submitted by /u/Itsyaboifam
    [link] [comments]

    If you feel like soloing an exotic mission or dungeon to go flawless try it! It is not as hard as you think!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:24 PM PST

    I recently got back into playing destiny this last summer, and although I was never a day one raid guardian, I have always felt like I could handle myself in a firefight. This weekend I decided I was going to try to solo flawless the Presage mission, which I did end up doing on my second attempt!

    After soloing Presage I decided to give Shattered Throne a shot and got it on my first attempt.

    After both of those things I was feeling really gutsy so I decided to try Prophecy solo flawless which I got on my second attempt. The boss took 5 damage phases which became more and more nerve racking with each phase, but I did it.

    The amazing part about all of this is that I had never done anything like it before and now I only need to do the Pit of Heresy.

    You don't have to be Gladd or Datto to do it. Look up a build guide on YouTube or on Reddit. These builds were the key to my own success!

    Shout out to MsBlitzVI on YouTube for her great hunter build that I used on all of these missions! It was great!

    Anyways, you can do it guardians! Go out there and get your solo flawless triumphs!

    Here is the link to MsBlitzVI's hunter build that I used for all of these. I ended up substituting heritage and my ikelos smg because I like them more but the build was almost identical.

    MsBlitzVI hunter build

    submitted by /u/Daniel_Thane
    [link] [comments]

    We should have 12-man activities as an event in destiny that comes and goes like iron banner

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:00 PM PST

    I mean once in every season for a week let playerbase go in town and have fun.

    submitted by /u/onurus01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment